iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Notes for Complete Game Threads

This forum is for completed RPG Maker VX games. Please do not post threads about games being made in other engines here.

19 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Valhalla (CARD BATTLE) Thread Update 04.11.2013, ONLINE BATTLE NOW AVAILABLE
Survey!
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 222
Guests cannot vote 
new
post Dec 13 2011, 10:51 PM
Post #321

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

@physeter: just for a tip: you can rush to rank 5 in week 1 just by doing daily quests. you can get 1 free card from your bestfriend daily. after you win the first ranking tournament, you get 2000 cash and 1 booster pack, successfully finishing a date gives you a special booster pack. you should do the part time as often as to have enough cash to join tournaments. like i said, if you lose a lot, you can always try a deck first at free battle mode. since most people who have played this have a perfectionist thing, and most beta testers have exploited as much with the quick save/load feature.

--------------------
download here
(Ask before using a bar from someone's sig -Touchfuzzy)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Physeter
post Dec 14 2011, 09:50 PM
Post #322

Second star to the right and straight on till morning.
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Neutral Good

I just stumbled across an error message. It stopped my "killing spree" wink.gif in round 3 of the big tournament.
I started anew so it was week 1.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/unbenanntmrg.png/

(Why is that picture uploading menu gone??)

EDIT: Weird, I had first Thanatos as first card. Then I got the error message. I changed him with that Melwir Belandir (or the like) and the error didn't occurred again.

This post has been edited by Physeter: Dec 14 2011, 09:54 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

new
post Dec 19 2011, 10:56 PM
Post #323

Group Icon

@physeter: i think you stumled upon the one time error. at some point in the game that error occurs, after reloading, it wont ever occur again. it was a long time the site was down, anyway i already have the deck list up.. you can build up to 12 decks, set 1 as active. same rules, active decks get cleared everytime you change tournament class.

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

Physeter
post Dec 19 2011, 11:09 PM
Post #324

Group Icon

Sounds cool... Want it! smile.gif

A suggestion for a new card: Steal the whole card of the opponent, with all skills, HP and JP, for the time of the battle.

This post has been edited by Physeter: Dec 19 2011, 11:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

new
post Dec 20 2011, 10:29 AM
Post #325

Group Icon

i could make that card. copy HP JP, then steal the skill.. err but this is semi possible with the existing card.. there's steal skill, copy skill, swap HP MP, copy HP MP.. i could send you a demo to test things. haha. so you can see the improvement?

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

Physeter
post Dec 20 2011, 01:43 PM
Post #326

Group Icon

QUOTE (new @ Dec 20 2011, 11:29 AM) *
i could make that card. copy HP JP, then steal the skill.. err but this is semi possible with the existing card.. there's steal skill, copy skill, swap HP MP, copy HP MP.. i could send you a demo to test things. haha. so you can see the improvement?

Yeah, I'd like to test that! Do you need an e-mail address?

Hm, right, its semi possible, but not for the whole card, maybe even with a visual display of the exchange. smile.gif

EDIT: One bug I stumbled upon: During the Dog Contest it is possible to boost beauty unlimited only with talking to Dianes or Oscars dog.

This post has been edited by Physeter: Dec 20 2011, 05:04 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

new
post Dec 21 2011, 06:36 AM
Post #327

Group Icon

nice bug find ! smile.gif i'lll PM you the demo link. thanks for finding that bug..

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

Pryde
post Dec 30 2011, 03:12 PM
Post #328

Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation.
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I have a couple observations. First, I love the readme file included with the game! Second, have you considered including a gender choice at the start of the game? Your average male player is going to have no interest at all in dating male characters. Third, you might want to update the intro post with the full version of the game. I downloaded the demo from the introduction post thinking it was, as the only link there, the current full version. I was digging through the later posts trying to figure out why it appeared to be finished after just the one tourney and I couldn't leave the building when I saw you mentioning the change in name from "VX Card Battle" to "Valhalla." Spotting the link in your signature was more accident then design.

All that being said, I'm just now starting the full version. It shows a lot of potential!

--------------------
OmniMech Bumper Sticker: Some Assembly Required

+Quote Post

new
post Dec 30 2011, 03:28 PM
Post #329

Group Icon

thanks for playing! first, yes i just thought real games should have 'readme'. second, ugh, well there is no gender choice.. it's easy to duplicate the maps and events but not the dialogues :| third, what intro? ahh, didn't notice - my sig links to the "original" version.. well the latest version is still on beta.. the next beta is soon, the downtime delayed me >.> i have 2 people going to do the beta on 1.02. so most bugs found in beta 1.01a have been corrected.

have fun playing! beta 1.01a is only upto week 8.

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

ShinGamix
post Dec 30 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #330

...now loading...
Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

What are your plans since Ace is out in Japan and will be coming to the US in 2012 sometime? Do you plan to keep this a VX project or upgrade to Ace?

--------------------
The Maker of Battle Dungeons!!

+Quote Post

new
post Dec 30 2011, 11:28 PM
Post #331

Group Icon

well tomoaky has already made the vx ace version of his card engine.. so i think i'll make an ace version of this tongue.gif that is when i get my ace copy haha. meanwhile i really want to make the complete version with all the upgrades.

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

Pryde
post Dec 31 2011, 02:27 PM
Post #332

Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation.
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

By "intro page" I meant your very first post in this thread, announcing your game's existance.
Could dating dialog be changed using conditional branches? The same feature that checks gender condition to alter the graphic you would think could also alter the text. I'm still exploring how everything works.

--------------------
OmniMech Bumper Sticker: Some Assembly Required

+Quote Post

new
post Dec 31 2011, 04:26 PM
Post #333

Group Icon

i really dont know by existence.. well, making a guy version is kinda tedious.. its gonna be another whole story its just for the sake of dating.. just try it, i think you'll find it fun even as a guy.. maybe educational too? have fun exploring!

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

Shirou Amemiya
post Jan 24 2012, 10:21 PM
Post #334

Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

Can i test the game? i like card games but i got too bored of yugioh magic and the others...

This one seems really simple and fun unlike the commercial games with too much strategy wich
i cant handle since Im a real sucker for deck building xD...

If i can test, what would i need or do to get started? Im quite interested!

+Quote Post

new
post Jan 27 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #335

Group Icon

yes, beta has been there for a long time.. next beta is on hold.

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

trainersonic
post Mar 21 2012, 01:37 PM
Post #336

Group Icon

You can make new version with VX Ace. Tomoaky made Ace version of this script: http://hikimoki.sakura.ne.jp/rgss3/rgss3_card.zip

--------------------

+Quote Post

new
post Apr 19 2012, 11:01 AM
Post #337

Group Icon

when i get vx ace maybe.. im thinking of a remake.. ive seen sword girls collectible card game.. will try improving the card gear especially the card album.

im thinking of new card images/layout.. there's card fusion script already, card crafting would seem nice right, i do have an evented card crafting system already, but a script seems to be better..

the player can have upto 12 decks, but i still am trying to find a way to link it to the player level. i do hope i get an artist to do some backgrounds or cards for me.. hahaha..

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

trainersonic
post Jun 2 2012, 01:32 PM
Post #338

Group Icon

I'm looking forward to it. Improved card album would be nice. You can use Magic Set Editor with custom styles to make card images. Then you can show their detailed image with card album. (Magic Set Editor's Website: http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net ) I'm also trying to make a script which can take weapon data from another saves to allow players battling with each other with their own cards/decks.

This post has been edited by trainersonic: Jun 2 2012, 01:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

new
post Jun 2 2012, 02:16 PM
Post #339

Group Icon

there's actually a detailed window in card_vx2 i'll just have to import it to Sows card album.. it's when you press 'A' the window activates.

i wont use magic the gathering layout.. well right now, what i finished scripting is the 12 decks and the card combo activation.

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

trainersonic
post Jun 2 2012, 05:37 PM
Post #340

Group Icon

No, i mean: When you use Magic Set Editor, 128 x 192 images can't show every detail on card image. (Magic Set Editor's card size: 375 x 523) And there is no script that can show detailed/more sized images of card. (Or i couldn't see :/) I also think that magic set editor is a good choice for making cards with custom made layouts. For example:
A card made by me for script with custom style in MSE: http://i45.tinypic.com/erc4y1.png
And it's aspect in game: http://i49.tinypic.com/n4uts0.png
(sorry for language, i used my native language biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by trainersonic: Jun 2 2012, 05:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 09:37 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.