iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
14 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SwapXT, The definitive Swapping application.
Rating 5 V
gettogaara
post Oct 23 2011, 04:45 AM
Post #241

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Hi. I'm fairly new at rpg maker....well not really but I'm not very good lol. Anyway I watched your video, downloaded the program and everything was going great until I tried to have it swap in the game. I swapped it in the UI so that's not the problem. The thing is that it comes after a conversation so I figured that would make it neccesary to use a real time swap but that did'nt work either. I got an error after that, which said this
"SwapXT Error: Unable to find Graphics\System\extra_tiles\empty::*::.rvdata. Please go and check your existant passages from SwapXT in the PassageSetting section."

Hopefully I can get some help with this because this seems like a really great program.

--------------------
Gaara: "I finally understand… I'm alone. I won't believe in anyone, or love anyone. I'm alone."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

r2roboy
post Oct 23 2011, 12:46 PM
Post #242

Group Icon

Type: Musician

Hi bulletxt smile.gif. Just wanted to report a few bugs.

It seems that whenever I load SwapXT to my project, the other elements vanish and the only ones kept in the Swapped version are nos. 1- 16 (Which is Melee up to Darkness). However, my project uses 19 elements, and the elemental affinities of the weapons and monsters for elements 17-19 vanish or reverted back to 'C' whenever I reload my project because of that. Just wanted to point it out to you smile.gif.

Also, I noticed that I could not start a "New Game" in a map using Swapped Tiles if paired with Woratana's Minimap script.

Overall, It's still as effective as it aimed to be smile.gif

+Quote Post

BrandoSK
post Oct 25 2011, 08:38 AM
Post #243

Group Icon

Type: Writer

Excellent work smile.gif

+Quote Post

Davis
post Oct 29 2011, 03:45 PM
Post #244

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Hey! Great script love it, however there is another bug (or I think it is).
Whenever I swap the tiles for a map, it doesn't actually show the swapped tiles. Instead it keeps the original. However, when I do start the game, it does show the tiles from the swapped tilesets. Although this works, it is quite a nuisance to have to look at the image of the tileset wanted and having to guess which tiles are needed to get the ones you want.

In case you didn't quite understand me, here is a summary:
- The tiles only swap when in-game
- You cannot tell from the tile window on the left which tile is which from the swapped tiles

Hope this helps

RSVP ASAP

Thank you very much for making this smile.gif

EDIT: If you swap the tiles in the 1st tab (TileSets) rather than in the 3rd tab (Manage VX Map ID) it will work, but in my opinion, this would become quite annoying after some time.
In the end, I suppose it's not a bug, just the way the program works, but if you could make some changes to these soon, it would be great.
Thanks again smile.gif

This post has been edited by Davis: Oct 29 2011, 03:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

fmjpr
post Oct 29 2011, 05:05 PM
Post #245

Group Icon

The Tilesets tab is how you swap. The Manage VX Map ID allows you to set the tiles to individual maps. If that confused you, you could watch his tutorials to understand how it works. Kind of silly to ask for a change when it works perfectly as is.

--------------------
Trailer for It Came From Yesterday: Click Me

This was made by a dear friend of mine. Any support is appreciated! Also, Like the Facebook page while you're at it: It Came From Yesterday

New and improved official site: ICFY

Swagbucks referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jbart321

+Quote Post

bulletxt
post Oct 29 2011, 09:35 PM
Post #246

bullet inside me
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Unaligned

QUOTE (gettogaara @ Oct 23 2011, 06:45 AM) *
Hi. I'm fairly new at rpg maker....well not really but I'm not very good lol. Anyway I watched your video, downloaded the program and everything was going great until I tried to have it swap in the game. I swapped it in the UI so that's not the problem. The thing is that it comes after a conversation so I figured that would make it neccesary to use a real time swap but that did'nt work either. I got an error after that, which said this
"SwapXT Error: Unable to find Graphics\System\extra_tiles\empty::*::.rvdata. c go and check your existant passages from SwapXT in the PassageSetting section."

Hopefully I can get some help with this because this seems like a really great program.

Hi,
I confirm you found bug. It happens when you do a real time swap and its passage setting is set to "Default". It won't allow real time swaps where Passage setting is set to default.

Try this 1.1 release and let me know if it fixes the problem: http://pastebin.com/trWt0M8q

--------------------
Working on the following games: Lodestone2d , World Truck Racing

+Quote Post

gettogaara
post Oct 29 2011, 10:40 PM
Post #247

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Hi,
I confirm you found bug. It happens when you do a real time swap and its passage setting is set to "Default". It won't allow real time swaps where Passage setting is set to default.

Try this 1.1 release and let me know if it fixes the problem: http://pastebin.com/trWt0M8q

Hey, I just tried it out as both a real time swap and a regular one. It worked both ways without needing to pick passage settings. Only problem I have now is moving around but that'll be fixed easily enough with passage settings. Thanks for your help and for creating this great app. happy.gif

--------------------
Gaara: "I finally understand… I'm alone. I won't believe in anyone, or love anyone. I'm alone."

+Quote Post

EmeraldEdge
post Oct 30 2011, 01:25 PM
Post #248

Group Icon

Hmm, I recently got into using your SwapXT program. I love it, and it should really help me do what I need with maps in the future. One thing I noticed though:

I loaded a save game from my game and it gave me this error:

"Script 'SwapXT' line 553: EOFError occured. End of file reached."

I'm assuming any saves that were made before SwapXT's changes will now become useless hmm?

This post has been edited by EmeraldEdge: Oct 30 2011, 01:25 PM

+Quote Post

Scintillescent
post Dec 30 2011, 01:40 PM
Post #249

Group Icon

Hi, new here smile.gif

I am really sorry if this is considered necroposting, not sure what to do, because the support forum is for RPGMAKER VX but not Swapxt?

So I have to post in this thread, so again sorry!

But anyway, the question is the tiles keep changing whenever I changed it to a custom tile, I even enable the event swapping or disable the event swapping too, but it just keep on changing!
Its starting to really get frustrating!

So I would really appreciate any help if anyone can find the answer to my question! smile.gif
Please and thank you!

+Quote Post

Babyshark98
post Mar 3 2012, 04:33 PM
Post #250

Group Icon

Is this script compatible with the Tankentai Sideview Demo? When I try to select its file in the SwapXT application, it says that it has stopped working. I'm guessing that I'm just putting the script in the wrong place (I've tried above and below the Tankentai scripts in the Materials Section of the script editor), but I just wanted to find out if I've been trying to do something that just isn't possible.

This post has been edited by Babyshark98: Mar 4 2012, 03:05 PM

+Quote Post

Soul Schism Game...
post Mar 17 2012, 03:19 AM
Post #251

Group Icon

BulletXT, you are a genius!

I thank you so much for your wonderful app that has finally solved the only major problem with RPG Maker VX. The team of some 7 game developers that I have assembled on the TerraEarth Forums can now FINALLY agree on using VX as our platform thanks to your application and so the project can actually get started!

As soon as I am able to, you can expect a donation, as well as me singing your praises for many years to come!

I don't come on these boards very often at all, but if you have any requests or conditions you can always reach me at my email (rodney.micah@gmail.com). The game we're making isn't for like commercial gain or nothing and we'll of course give you full credit, but do you have any other conditions?

Thank you thank you thank you! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Soul Schism Games: http://www.soulschism.webs.com/
[Current News: Demo Pack Volume 1- March 12, 2010, TerraEarth:Absolute in Final Beta.]

Definitely have to give many thanks to Tantenkai, and KGC for the many script of theirs that I have used in my games. Wish I had a fraction of their coding skill.

+Quote Post

kennx
post May 23 2012, 07:22 PM
Post #252

Group Icon

Type: Musician

WOOOT THIS THING ROCKS

This post has been edited by kennx: May 23 2012, 10:40 PM

+Quote Post

machogrubba14
post May 30 2012, 02:36 AM
Post #253

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Hello! Great script, it has worked for me alot, but there is one tiny little problem that is occuring to me constantly, when I swap my
TileA2 with another TileA2 and set up the passage setting, I save my game, create my map, but when I start my game, the tilesets are swapped perfectly, but my character won't move, I have a mini map script so I can see where i can walk and where I can not, and you can see in the map that I can not move anywhere!

here is what I normally do
1. Swap my tilesets
2. Select, "Create new Passage Setting"
3. Start a new map
4. Set up the passage setting
5. Create my map
6.When i want to game test, I apply to my map
7. I save my game
8.Select default on all the tiles, and the passage setting
9. I play my game, but the the tiles on my map that i swapped for the default A2 won't work!

Everything else works fine, except for the passage settings when it comes to A2!!! I get no error messages, so I guess maybe it may not be something with the script... but if anyone can help please... i will attach the tileset I have been trying to use so you can see it. Anyways, any help would be great!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  TileA2.png ( 381.21K ) Number of downloads: 10

--------------------
My Youtube Channel!
Art is the way YOU express YOUR creativity!
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!

*My Current Game Projects!*Check it out! XD

My way of thanking those who have helped me in the past!
<---- LOL

CHECK THESE OUT PEEPS!!!!:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

amerk
post May 30 2012, 05:33 PM
Post #254

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

I guess the first thing you can check is to make sure the very top left most tile in TileB is a star. If it's not, that's probably the problem, since it must always remain a star. Beyond that, I'm not sure what else could be the problem.

+Quote Post

machogrubba14
post May 30 2012, 11:16 PM
Post #255

Group Icon

QUOTE (amerkevicius @ May 30 2012, 06:33 PM) *
I guess the first thing you can check is to make sure the very top left most tile in TileB is a star. If it's not, that's probably the problem, since it must always remain a star. Beyond that, I'm not sure what else could be the problem.

yes that was the solution to my problem! It was set to an X instead of a star! Thank you very much! You don't know how relieving this feels! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Youtube Channel!
Art is the way YOU express YOUR creativity!
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!

*My Current Game Projects!*Check it out! XD

My way of thanking those who have helped me in the past!
<---- LOL

CHECK THESE OUT PEEPS!!!!:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

habyunghun
post Jun 15 2012, 03:20 PM
Post #256

Group Icon

I think Something is wrong...It said find an executable RMVX.exe file.So I went to where my game was,and it said there was no RPGVX.exe file.So I went to my folder and it was there,but when I try to send it it says it doesn't exist.I tried my other games,and they don't exist either.How do I fix this?

This is what it looks like:
Spoiler:
Attached File  Weird.png ( 193.42K ) Number of downloads: 16

--------------------

Need Helps on RMVX?:

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

My Tutorials:

+Quote Post

Snipperdepipper
post Aug 1 2012, 12:11 PM
Post #257

Group Icon

A wonderfull solution to an itching problem!

However, I've got a question.
*found the answer allready!*

Part from that, it works just wonderfull! It's easy to use and your YouTube-instructions were clear laugh.gif !

This post has been edited by Snipperdepipper: Aug 8 2012, 10:08 PM

+Quote Post

thhorse12
post Aug 21 2012, 08:15 AM
Post #258

Group Icon

you save my life

This post has been edited by thhorse12: Aug 21 2012, 08:16 AM

+Quote Post

Sarah Rose
post Oct 24 2012, 12:25 PM
Post #259

Group Icon

I'm having a bit of a problem - my swaps are showing up in the Playtest, but not in the map Editor.

Examples:

My custom tileset, the default:

What it looks like in playtest and map editor: (This is exactly how I want it to look)

What my swapped map looks like in playtest. I'm using the default tileset (mostly) to make it easier to figure out what should go where :

What it looks like in the map editor:

The rest works just fine - it's just this one thing I'm not able to figure out.

+Quote Post

nastasiawolf
post Nov 11 2012, 08:46 PM
Post #260

Group Icon

Type: Spriter

Hey guys, does anyone know how to fix this issues? I have everything set up and it's all good but when I try to play it says the there's an error in line 338: NoMethodError and that there is an "undefined method 'bitmaps' for nil:Nilclass

I have no idea how to fix this but I thought maybe someone on here would know.

--------------------

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 08:18 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.