iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
14 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SwapXT, The definitive Swapping application.
Rating 5 V
bulletxt
post Jul 23 2010, 06:45 PM
Post #1

bullet inside me
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Unaligned

SwapXT

The definitive swapping application. An All&One application/vx script that will make you swap tilesets/passages in an easy way!

Author: Marco Di Antonio (bulletxt@gmail.com)

Changelog History:
1.1 30/10/2011
- crash occured when doing real time swap with passage setting set to Default
1.0 14/07/2010
- first release

Features:
- Swap Tilesets and Passage settings directly from the app. You don't swap anymore from events, and you don't have to create a parallel project anymore to create a new passage setting. The app is also able to make you swap the passage setting and editing it directly in VX Editor.
- Ability to Save/Load profiles in the app. A profile will save all tilesets/passages so you can quickly load them on one shot.
- Your events graphics will automatically swap too, but you can disable this behaviour anytime turning on a switch.
- The app is able to Create/Manage Real-Time swaps. This means that you can swap tilesets/passages at a specific time in game, instead of default map load time.
- The app is game indipendent, you will not have to copy it anymore inside the VX game folder. So if you have one copy of SwapXT, you can swap all your VX games with it.
- There will be no need anymore to create "extra_tiles" folder and copy System tilesets. SwapXT will prepare and configure in automatic everything that is needed.
- The ruby VX script is totally Plug&Play. There is nothing to configure and/or set.

YouTube Video presentation: here

ScreenShots:
Spoiler:

Swap TileSets in VX Editor:

Swap Passage Settings in VX Editor:

Apply Swaps To a VX Map ID and/or show info of existing swaps that apply to VX:

Create a Real-Time swap:

Show Info and/or Edit created Real-Time swaps:

How does all this work?
- Download the VX Ruby script found below and put it inside your Game
- Download SwapXT and install it
- Once you open it, it will prompt you to add a VX Game. Just add yours by browsing to your game's folder and select Game.ini in it.
- You're ready to go! Put all the tilesets you want to swap inside the new created Graphics/System/extra_tiles folder.
- Use the first 2 tabs in SwapXT to swap tiles/passages in your VX editor while mapping.
- Use third tab to apply swaps to a VX map ID and edit any existant ones.
- Use third tab to create Real-Time swap and manage them.
- By default your tilesets/passages will swap automatically when a VX Map Loads. If you instead want to swap at a specific time, use the Real-Time function.
- When you export your game, either encrypted or not, be sure to include the "swapxt" folder located at the root of your game project. By default a VX export will include that folder so don't delete it.

Compatibility:
- SwapXT does its best in keeping compatibility with previous swapping edition. This means that if you are already using my previous swapping/script version 0.4, in theory SwapXT will still be able to understand your swapping events and make your tiles/passages swap.
- SwapXT has the same compatibility of the previous swapping/script 0.4, this means it's compatible with almost anything out there.
The following is a list of known scripts that either are not compatible or require a patch:
-> Wall Tile Extension - requires a patch which can be found: here
-> Sprite Shadows/Sprite Sun VX

FAQ:
- I swapped tilesets in VX editor but when I start my game they don't swap!
- To apply swaps to a VX Map ID, use third Tab in UI.
- I want to do a swap at a specific time instead of at Map Load time!
- Simply create a Real-Time swap from third tab in UI. It will create an ID, then call it inside a VX event doing a script call and typing $game_map.swapxt(ID).
- The Graphic of my Events swap too, but I don't want this! My Events must ignore tileset swaps and use default Graphic/System tilesets!
- There is a Switch ID you must turn ON to disable events swapping their graphics. The Switch ID is specified in the VX Ruby SwapXT script and is labeled as: "DISABLE_EVENT_SWAPPING = "

Things that must not be done / TIPS:
- Be sure to swap tilesets with its corresponding tileset type. For example, TileA1 must be swapped with a TileA1 format type. TileA5 with another TileA5 same format and so on. If you do not do this, there are high chances your swapped tileset will look black in game.
- When you swap a passage setting while using your VX Editor, please note that all your Switches/Variables names will be empty. Please do the edits to the passage settings according to your needs and then Restore Default PassageSetting to continue developing your game. Avoid game development with a passage setting swapped to avoid confusing.

Bug Reporting:
- If you think you found a Bug in the UI application, please provide a Step By Step method to reproduce it. The more details you give me, the easier it will be for me to fix the issue.
- I will ignore any bug report about the VX ruby script unless you demonstrate me it has a bug while it being the only script in your VX script list. (and be sure you do a step-by-step way to reproduce it).
- I will ignore any bug report if I have the suspect you are not doing things in the correct way for the only reason because you haven't read this thread. If you are lazy to read, I'll be lazy to reply and eventually just ignore you.
- I will totally ignore anyone saying "I can't open an rb file" because Operating Systems, including Yours, can Open/Read/Write/Close I/O devices since 50 years.

License:
SwapXT is written in C++ with the Qt4 Framework toolkit.
SwapXT binary has been compiled with the GNU Compiler Collection for Windows, MinGW.
SwapXT is released under the GNU General Public License 3. Source Code is available at the following link: here

Donation:
If you really appreciate my work, please consider making a very small donation through PayPal. Even 1€ is appreciated :) You can do this: here

Download SwapXT:
1. SwapXT VX Ruby Script (put this in your VX Editor game inside Script List): here
2. SwapXT UI application: here
(Md5sum: f6655beda26e6e4a8942cab3ad981a80)

So this is all, I hope you appreciate my hard work and most importantly I'll be happy to know if this really helps you swap tiles/passages finally in a easy and quick way :)

Cheers,
BulletXT

--------------------
Working on the following games: Lodestone2d , World Truck Racing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Jul 23 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Pinned.

Thanks bulletxt.

--------------------
I no longer support Tankentai.

+Quote Post

Shiro
post Jul 23 2010, 09:05 PM
Post #3

Spriter
Group Icon

Type: Spriter

awesome dude, cant wait to get using this, amazing job.

--------------------

---------------------------

+Quote Post

Terra-chan
post Jul 23 2010, 09:20 PM
Post #4

~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

So absolutely no more need for the 2 switches to swap passage settings and tiles? And no script calls and everything? Now if this has fixed saving on a swapped map and having the wrong passage settings load too... Will need to test this out and changeover :3

--------------------

+Quote Post

Shadonn
post Jul 23 2010, 09:23 PM
Post #5

Jerk In A Box
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Good

Pure awesomness friend. I'm going to download now.

--------------------
In a state of writing limbo...

+Quote Post

Xalidir
post Jul 23 2010, 09:47 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

damn, that's awesome. i nearly geeked watching the video (very rarely do i geek over this stuff)

i have plans to use this for The Great Kingdoms. it'll be so worth it in the long run.

100/10 (would put the infinity symbol, but doesn't translate sad.gif)

--------------------
| |

My Request: Great Kingdoms RTP Portraits Request Form
IMPORTANT TO READ!!!
Board Rules

Want to Sprite?
An Introduction to Frankenspriting and Editing

Spoiler:
QUOTE (PINEDAVX @ Dec 20 2010, 08:22 PM)
If tomorrow we want to ban all idiots we have, we'll do it and no one has any right to appeal. Guess what? You don't have rights here, only privileges. Privileges we can and will take away from you as we see fit.

Pretty much, being here is a priviledge, and it CAN be revoked.

Supports:

---
Jet's Handed Weapon Snippet (Requested by me, ask Jet for permission)
Spoiler:
CODE
#===============================================================================
# Handed Weapons
# By Jet10985 (Jet)
# Requested by: Xalidir
#===============================================================================
# This snippet allows you to specify if a weapon is main or off-handed.
# Main handed can only be equiped in the first weapon slot.
# Off handed can only be equipped in the second weapon slot.
# This script has: 0 customization options.
# Overwritten Methods:
# None
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Aliased methods:
# Scene_Equip: update_item_selection
=begin
To make an item Main-Handed, put this in the notebox:

<main hand>

To make an item off-handed, put this in the notebox:

<off hand>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: Off-handed weapons cannot be equipped at all if the actor can't dual-wield
=end

class RPG::BaseItem

def hand
    if @hand.nil?
      i = 0
      for note in [/<main hand>/i, /<off hand>/i]
        @hand = self.note[note].nil? ? nil : i
        break if @hand != nil
        i += 1
      end
      @hand = 2 if @hand.nil?
    end
    return @hand
  end
end

class Scene_Equip

alias jet9842_update_item_selection update_item_selection unless $@
  def update_item_selection
    if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
      item = @item_window.item
      equip_type = @equip_window.index
      if equip_type == 0 and !item.nil?
        Sound.play_buzzer if item.hand == 1
        return if item.hand == 1
      elsif equip_type == 1 and !item.nil?
        Sound.play_buzzer if item.hand == 0
        return if item.hand == 0
      end
    end
    jet9842_update_item_selection
  end
end

How to Fix Actor Related Variables the Lazy Way
Spoiler:
In the Game_Interpreter script, there's a line that is messed up.
CODE
Line: 750      actor = $game_actors[@parameters[1]]
Line: 751      actor = $game_actors[@params[4]]

To fix this, change Line: 750 from above to the one below
CODE
when 4 # Actor

This will fix any Actor Related Variables for you. I recommend grabbing the Variables Fix from the site.

+Quote Post

helladen
post Jul 23 2010, 09:53 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

Downloading now. Nice job BulletX your one of the best scripters in the Rpg Maker community. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

scherzo
post Jul 23 2010, 09:53 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Terra-chan, do not doubt the Italian master craftsmen. You may have to sleep with the fishes...

Bulletxt strikes again!

You sir, are a god amongst men. Everyone should donate a kidney to you. It's quick, simple, easy. Just... we're lucky to have you. Thanks Bulletxt.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Shadonn
post Jul 23 2010, 10:01 PM
Post #9

Jerk In A Box
Group Icon

I'm going to look like a complete idiot for asking this lol. But for the script. When I download it, it's in a RB file format. My computer can't find anything to open it with. I apologize for being stupid lol. I had no problem downloading and opening the program itself.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Getdizzy
post Jul 23 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

ALL THE WOMEN WANT HIM

ALL THE GUYS WANT TO BE HIM

He is

BULLETXT

:|

+Quote Post

Kav
post Jul 23 2010, 10:36 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Bulletxt should get credit for practically creating a third of RMVX with this.

--------------------

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

scherzo
post Jul 23 2010, 10:39 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

QUOTE (Shadonn @ Jul 23 2010, 06:01 PM) *
I'm going to look like a complete idiot for asking this lol. But for the script. When I download it, it's in a RB file format. My computer can't find anything to open it with. I apologize for being stupid lol. I had no problem downloading and opening the program itself.

Just open it with Notepad. Drag and drop it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Shadonn
post Jul 23 2010, 10:45 PM
Post #13

Jerk In A Box
Group Icon

Wow.....I feel stupid. It was just when I clicked on it it kept telling me it didn't know what to open it with. Thanks Scherzo

--------------------

+Quote Post

connor burtonwoo...
post Jul 23 2010, 11:50 PM
Post #14

All of my grope.
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

im confused. is this capable of changing tilesets for one map, but not for the rest?
if so, then you have officiay become a god.

--------------------
Hey, look at me. I'm a useless signature.

+Quote Post

ShadowRebirth
post Jul 23 2010, 11:51 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

First off, thank you for creating this fantastic application. It's going to be a tremendous help.

That being said, there's also a bit of a problem. Right after I first swapped passage settings on a map and had VX restarted, I went to check on a switch, and found that all of the names of all switches and variables had been erased. I've tested the problem out a bit since then, and found out that the individual passage settings are connected to the names of the switches and variables, so that when I restored the settings to default, all the names came back. Any switches/variables renamed while having a passage setting loaded also don't get saved on anything other than the default setting. This isn't a major problem, as it doesn't impede with the function of the program, but it's still an hassle to have to switch back to the default passage settings whenever one needs to work with switches/variables.

But before I go any further, can anyone else replicate this problem or might it be just my VX program? (I've had problems with it in the past)

--------------------

+Quote Post

CrayDragon
post Jul 24 2010, 12:05 AM
Post #16

RMVX > Social life
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Evil

It's here! \,,/, (^0^) ,\,,/
bulletxt's "Staff" tag should be changed to "God" nao.

This post has been edited by CrayDragon: Jul 24 2010, 12:06 AM

--------------------
I order you to click these.

>>deviantART!<<

+Quote Post

bulletxt
post Jul 24 2010, 12:32 AM
Post #17

bullet inside me
Group Icon

Type: Coder

QUOTE (ShadowRebirth @ Jul 24 2010, 12:51 AM) *
First off, thank you for creating this fantastic application. It's going to be a tremendous help.

That being said, there's also a bit of a problem. Right after I first swapped passage settings on a map and had VX restarted, I went to check on a switch, and found that all of the names of all switches and variables had been erased. I've tested the problem out a bit since then, and found out that the individual passage settings are connected to the names of the switches and variables, so that when I restored the settings to default, all the names came back. Any switches/variables renamed while having a passage setting loaded also don't get saved on anything other than the default setting. This isn't a major problem, as it doesn't impede with the function of the program, but it's still an hassle to have to switch back to the default passage settings whenever one needs to work with switches/variables.

But before I go any further, can anyone else replicate this problem or might it be just my VX program? (I've had problems with it in the past)

You should consider that as a non-volunteer super advanced "feature" smile.gif If you are an advanced user and understand what I mean, you basicly just discovered a way to have infinite Switches/Variables... and have more than one Variable/Switch ID 1...n at the same time based on the current passage setting loaded smile.gif

In any case, the script will prevent you from playing with a currently swapped passage setting in SwapXT. This keeps things safe and be sure you don't produce "crazy" stuff.

I'll be away for the next following days... thanks to everyone, I appreciate your comments smile.gif

--------------------
Working on the following games: Lodestone2d , World Truck Racing

+Quote Post

rexilia
post Jul 24 2010, 12:39 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Thanks. I love you.

This post has been edited by rexilia: Jul 24 2010, 12:40 AM

--------------------

Fear No Evil!

+Quote Post

Jasonicus
post Jul 24 2010, 01:23 AM
Post #19

Old Friend
Group Icon

Pretty bad-ass. Gotta test this out. Video makes it look simple, so that's a plus. Nice job.

--------------------
Trailer for It Came From Yesterday: Click Me

This was made by a dear friend of mine. Any support is appreciated! Also, Like the Facebook page while you're at it: It Came From Yesterday

New and improved official site: ICFY

Swagbucks referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jbart321

+Quote Post

ShadowRebirth
post Jul 24 2010, 01:29 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (bulletxt @ Jul 23 2010, 06:32 PM) *
You should consider that as a non-volunteer super advanced "feature" smile.gif If you are an advanced user and understand what I mean, you basicly just discovered a way to have infinite Switches/Variables... and have more than one Variable/Switch ID 1...n at the same time based on the current passage setting loaded smile.gif

In any case, the script will prevent you from playing with a currently swapped passage setting in SwapXT. This keeps things safe and be sure you don't produce "crazy" stuff.

I'll be away for the next following days... thanks to everyone, I appreciate your comments smile.gif

I do see what you mean and honestly hadn't thought of it that way XD Thanks for your swift reply!

--------------------

+Quote Post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th September 2014 - 03:33 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.