iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SwapXT, The definitive Swapping application.
Rating 5 V
jaeroll
post Jul 24 2010, 01:30 AM
Post #21

Jae On Head くん (。・_・。)
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Omg this is beautiful biggrin.gif
i love it
i gotta check it out tooo!~

--------------------
Spoiler:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Cyl
post Jul 24 2010, 01:49 AM
Post #22

inactive.
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Neutral Good

Pure awesomeness. You are a GOD.

--------------------
One word:
Paradichlorobenzene

(Currently inactive)

+Quote Post

flipsomel
post Jul 24 2010, 01:58 AM
Post #23

L. Khaos
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

You, sir, are The man.

Many thx for this masterpiece wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Legion6115
post Jul 24 2010, 02:15 AM
Post #24

Crimson Warrior
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

This. is. awesome.

Great job with this application. Basically washes away the tileset limitation. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

makryu
post Jul 24 2010, 02:17 AM
Post #25

What can change the nature of a man?
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

With you around, Enterbrain will become lazier laugh.gif

--------------------

Take a look at the recruitment thread for my project! You know you want to...

+Quote Post

Sky00Valentine
post Jul 24 2010, 03:26 AM
Post #26

Cold Fire
Group Icon

Why are you so inspiring. Why are you so amazing. Why are you so the next bulletxt.

--------------------

+Quote Post

gkenzx
post Jul 24 2010, 03:18 PM
Post #27

Lurking in the shadows EVERYWHERE.
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Amazing Bullet, simply Amazing

--------------------

"The existence of a game like this... is all I need... to know that this world is a failure."
-scherzo, IRC, July 6, 2010, 11:24 PM (EST)

Projects/shops I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

masterjimthefirs...
post Jul 24 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #28

Supreme ruler of all of you
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

This is very cool man thanks so much smile.gif

--------------------
您好!,你怎么样?争取愉快的一天机器人,是吗?

This is my collection so far...
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

SowS
post Jul 24 2010, 03:34 PM
Post #29

I'm still smiling. My jaw hurts now.
Group Icon

Great script and app! I'll check the source code later. biggrin.gif

RPG Maker VX should be RPG Maker VXT with this!

--------------------

+Quote Post

rexilia
post Jul 24 2010, 05:30 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

QUOTE (SowS @ Jul 24 2010, 10:34 AM) *
RPG Maker VX should be RPG Maker VXT with this!

Thumbs up!

--------------------

Fear No Evil!

+Quote Post

Woogie
post Jul 24 2010, 07:17 PM
Post #31

Group Icon

QUOTE (bulletxt @ Jul 23 2010, 07:32 PM) *
You should consider that as a non-volunteer super advanced "feature" smile.gif If you are an advanced user and understand what I mean, you basicly just discovered a way to have infinite Switches/Variables... and have more than one Variable/Switch ID 1...n at the same time based on the current passage setting loaded smile.gif

In any case, the script will prevent you from playing with a currently swapped passage setting in SwapXT. This keeps things safe and be sure you don't produce "crazy" stuff.

I'll be away for the next following days... thanks to everyone, I appreciate your comments smile.gif

How does this equate to unlimited variables and switches?? It sounds like when a new passage setting is loaded a new system.rvdata is loaded. Therefore all of the variable and switch names are swapped too. It is only the names of the variables and switches that are swapped not the data stored. $game_switches and $game_variables are still untouched. So if you make a call to turn on/off switch id 1 then it doesn't matter which passage settings are loaded switch 1 will be turned on. Again the swapping only swaps the names of the switches. It doesn't give you unlimited switches. Whether switch 1 is called Nighttime or Daytime. As long as the id is the same then the game uses $game_switches[id]. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This post has been edited by Woogie: Jul 24 2010, 07:49 PM

+Quote Post

Woogie
post Jul 24 2010, 07:19 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

QUOTE (Speed@ @ Jul 24 2010, 10:06 AM) *
How can I swap the passability for just one specific tileset, for instance tile E, instead for all tiles?

EDIT: Also, greetings from Slovenia neighboor happy.gif

You can't. All the passage settings for a1-a5 and b-e are stored a single file.

This post has been edited by Woogie: Jul 24 2010, 07:20 PM

+Quote Post

Woogie
post Jul 24 2010, 09:10 PM
Post #33

Group Icon

QUOTE (Speed@ @ Jul 24 2010, 03:01 PM) *
Okay, then I request a new feature, since I change a lot of tiles on the fly and sometimes I use a diffrent C tileset, and some times a diffrent B tileser and all the tiles are totally out of order, I want to change the passability with a single file just for a single tileset.

Good luck with this. It's too complex an edit It would require rewriting of almost everything involving passages.

You are going to have to use the profiles settings that bullet designed. Every time you make a "set" of tiles you are going to have to edit the passages for that profile. Then just use the various profiles for different maps. If you need a new profile make one add the tiles and edit the passages. What you are trying to accomplish is possible as the program currently stands. Don't go requesting features when you don't understand how the system works it comes off a little disrespectful.

This post has been edited by Woogie: Jul 24 2010, 09:49 PM

+Quote Post

Woogie
post Jul 24 2010, 10:22 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

QUOTE (Speed@ @ Jul 24 2010, 04:33 PM) *
I know how the system works, I'm a scripter tongue.gif
And what I want is to load the new passabilities for just a specific tileset, for example tileset A instead of loading a new passability for tiles A-E. Basically what I'm asking is instead of having a single passability profile for each tileset is to have a passability profile for each tileset, allowing me to have default passability on some tiles and not on others. I think that would be possible.

SwapXT swaps only the files that are loaded in the cache. It doesn't
edit how the data is formatted or managed. I completely understand the edit you are asking for but that would require to redo entirely how passages are formatted loaded and managed and that is a complex edit. Most of the genius of bullets swap is the simplicity. And what you are asking can already be accomplished. Make a tile profile and name it and edit the passages. Now make another tile profile with all the same tiles as before but only change one or two then edit the passages. Simple.

This post has been edited by Woogie: Jul 24 2010, 10:36 PM

+Quote Post

Dinru
post Jul 25 2010, 05:10 AM
Post #35

Group Icon

I absolutely adore this software and thank you from the bottom of my heart for making it. You deserve a billion internets.

However, I'm experiencing a problem with using it. I have it so that it will swap Tileset E (no new passage setting) in one particular map, Map 020. However, when I start the game with this swapped Tile E, I get an error saying:

Script 'Game_Switches' line 20: SystemStackError occurred.

stack level too deep.

And then, obviously, the game shuts down. Is there any way to fix this?

+Quote Post

rexilia
post Jul 25 2010, 05:19 AM
Post #36

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

QUOTE (Dinru @ Jul 25 2010, 12:10 AM) *
I absolutely adore this software and thank you from the bottom of my heart for making it. You deserve a billion internets.

However, I'm experiencing a problem with using it. I have it so that it will swap Tileset E (no new passage setting) in one particular map, Map 020. However, when I start the game with this swapped Tile E, I get an error saying:

And then, obviously, the game shuts down. Is there any way to fix this?

In the software write map 20, not map 020.

--------------------

Fear No Evil!

+Quote Post

Dinru
post Jul 25 2010, 05:39 AM
Post #37

Group Icon

QUOTE (rexilia @ Jul 25 2010, 12:19 AM) *
In the software write map 20, not map 020.

Thanks, but... still doesn't work, but I get a slightly different error.

Script 'SwapXT' line 162:SystemStackError occurred.

stack level too deep.

That line of code seems to deal with using default passage settings for swapped tiles.

This post has been edited by Dinru: Jul 25 2010, 05:41 AM

+Quote Post

Cyl
post Jul 25 2010, 06:43 AM
Post #38

inactive.
Group Icon

blink.gif I missed the source code. This will be really helpful. Thank you. smile.gif

--------------------
One word:
Paradichlorobenzene

(Currently inactive)

+Quote Post

YarsRevenge
post Jul 25 2010, 09:55 AM
Post #39

Group Icon

I've spent the day trying my best to add this to my existing game project and I've come to the conclusion that I just don't understand the way passage files are handled. I'm changing 2 tile sets (B and D) and leaving the others alone. I have to set up different passages for the new sets but I'm leaving the others alone. When I get everything together and try a playtest all the new tile passages are read but I seem to be able to pass over everything else. I tried importing duplicates and switching every single passage off and on. I used profiles. I went as far as creating a new project and importing everything for the new passage settings including the originals, so all the tilesets I'm using on the map that I want to use with tileswap are there, I set up the passages and save, copy-paste the new data file into the extra's folder, make sure XT can read it, and for some reason STILL all of the passage settings aren't correct...

I'm rambling. In short, I'm totally confused and have spent far too long on this on my own. Can someone explain the proper way to use the passage files? I just want to make a few maps with a couple different tilesets, that's all, nothing fancy.

Also, are there any known downsides for using this on multiple maps? Like lag or anything? If I can ever get it to work right I plan to use it for interiors and forest. I will be using only 2 different tilesets for both forest and interiors so there will only be something like 2 different setups (profiles?) with 2 tilesets each and they will need unique passability filee for the 2.

Any help getting this going will be very much appreciated.

+Quote Post

Woogie
post Jul 25 2010, 08:03 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

QUOTE (YarsRevenge @ Jul 25 2010, 04:55 AM) *
I've spent the day trying my best to add this to my existing game project and I've come to the conclusion that I just don't understand the way passage files are handled. I'm changing 2 tile sets (B and D) and leaving the others alone. I have to set up different passages for the new sets but I'm leaving the others alone. When I get everything together and try a playtest all the new tile passages are read but I seem to be able to pass over everything else. I tried importing duplicates and switching every single passage off and on. I used profiles. I went as far as creating a new project and importing everything for the new passage settings including the originals, so all the tilesets I'm using on the map that I want to use with tileswap are there, I set up the passages and save, copy-paste the new data file into the extra's folder, make sure XT can read it, and for some reason STILL all of the passage settings aren't correct...

I'm rambling. In short, I'm totally confused and have spent far too long on this on my own. Can someone explain the proper way to use the passage files? I just want to make a few maps with a couple different tilesets, that's all, nothing fancy.

Also, are there any known downsides for using this on multiple maps? Like lag or anything? If I can ever get it to work right I plan to use it for interiors and forest. I will be using only 2 different tilesets for both forest and interiors so there will only be something like 2 different setups (profiles?) with 2 tilesets each and they will need unique passability filee for the 2.

Any help getting this going will be very much appreciated.

New Way
You can use the RPG Maker editor to edit the passage settings while the respective profile is loaded in the SwapXT editor.

Old Way
Or you can make a duplicate of your project. Then in the duplicate project, in the VX editor, import the tiles you want and edit the passage settings for those tiles. n the /Data/ folder of your project choose system.rvdata and rename it to something else related to your tiles.Then copy this rvdata file to the /Graphics/System/extra_tiles folder. Now when you load the tile profile in SwapXT that you want to edit, you will be able to select the new data file you copied. BEWARE: Do not edit this data in your original project. I always make a duplicate of my project then edit that one. You may mess somethings up if you do it in your original file.

I still do it the old way, this insures everything in the system file that isn't passages remains the same during swaps.

This post has been edited by Woogie: Jul 25 2010, 08:28 PM

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 11:42 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.