iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SwapXT, The definitive Swapping application.
Rating 5 V
zbdarkflame
post Jul 25 2010, 08:30 PM
Post #41

Mysterious Shaman
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

Just started using this today, somewhat as a test, and somewhat because I didn't feel like doing any parallex mapping. I must say this is a very good application, and it works like a charm. I'm glad you made the youtube video, it is actually a very good tutorial and overview. I'm also loving the profiles...it helps a lot. So yeah, great job on the SwapXT bulletxt. It works like a charm and I am a loving it. Simple, reliable, and useful. What isn't there to like.

--------------------

---
------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Woogie
post Jul 25 2010, 09:00 PM
Post #42

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

When you choose to not swap the tiles for events, the event tiles' passage settings will still be the swapped passages.

This post has been edited by Woogie: Jul 25 2010, 09:00 PM

+Quote Post

YarsRevenge
post Jul 25 2010, 10:19 PM
Post #43

Group Icon

QUOTE (Woogie @ Jul 25 2010, 03:03 PM) *
New Way
You can use the RPG Maker editor to edit the passage settings while the respective profile is loaded in the SwapXT editor.

Old Way
Or you can make a duplicate of your project. Then in the duplicate project, in the VX editor, import the tiles you want and edit the passage settings for those tiles. n the /Data/ folder of your project choose system.rvdata and rename it to something else related to your tiles.Then copy this rvdata file to the /Graphics/System/extra_tiles folder. Now when you load the tile profile in SwapXT that you want to edit, you will be able to select the new data file you copied. BEWARE: Do not edit this data in your original project. I always make a duplicate of my project then edit that one. You may mess somethings up if you do it in your original file.

I still do it the old way, this insures everything in the system file that isn't passages remains the same during swaps.

First off, thanks for the reply smile.gif

After reading over it the only thing I seen that I may not have tried was actually making a copy of my project and editing that. I tried something similar a few times before, which was actually making an entirely new project and importing all the tilesets from my game plus the ones I was swapping and using the system.rvdata from that one then I renamed it and put it in the /extra_tiles folder. None of that seemed to work right before but I did manage to screw up my games main passage settings once by editing my original project, so your advice was welcomed and without it I would have never figured out what the real problem was (read on). Also, from reading your post I decided to pay more attention to the "profile" I had loaded in XT. Anyway, after going back over all this again and following your advice to a "T" I STILL had the same problems! Which was I could walk all over tiles that I shouldn't be able to. But this time I managed to figure it out smile.gif

It was the fact that I was editing an untampered duplicate of my project that allowed me to figure it out, so thanks to you. To make a long story short, for some reason if I set the first tile in tile set B to passable, you can walk over all the stuff that should be on the background in the A tilesets... If you set it to non-passable you cannot pass over the stuff on A... The first tile on B needed to be set to the STAR (pass behind) to work properly.

Now I assume this is true on all projects and is part of the functionality of RMVX, am I correct? I never knew this. I have been messing with RPGmaker for years now (although, I just recently started messing with VX) and I can't remember ever coming across this until now. It was just coincidental that I ran into this with a passage swapping tool and that caused needless hours of confusion thinking I wasn't doing something right with SwapXT.

Anyway, all is good now and I am very pleased with the results of this application. Thanks so much to BulletXT for a great App! I will get a lot of use out of it!

+Quote Post

mithos
post Jul 26 2010, 12:20 PM
Post #44

Meowthos the zombie cat!!
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Lawful Good

I did a compatibility for wall-tile extension for the old version. Don't know if it will still work but i can paste it here if you want.

--------------------
I've been away for a while. Here's my really quite old stuff
Spoiler:

If it's in one of my threads you can use it so long as you read this, and give me a link to any derivatives (i.e. works based off mine). Credit Mithos.
Full legal bit
(Click image for human-readable version :P )
My Stuff:
My Games:
Spoiler:

Story <60%> Mapping<20%> Art<80%> Scripts<97%> Database<50%>
The Legend of Zelda: Restoration of Time Story<20%> Mapping<0%> Art<2%> Scripts<70%> Database<0%>
Absolute Power Story<21%> Mapping<0%> Art<2%> Scripts<0%> Database<0%>

My Sprites:
My Scripts:
I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

SowS
post Jul 26 2010, 01:07 PM
Post #45

I'm still smiling. My jaw hurts now.
Group Icon

- SwapXT has the same compatibility of the previous swapping/script 0.4, this means it's compatible with almost anything out there. A known script that is NOT compatible is "Wall Tile Extension", however a patch may be written from someone and I'll notice you about it.

Please paste it. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

MrGBH
post Jul 26 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

Type: Writer

Gorram it. Everybody else says that this is awesome, but I don't have anything which can open a .rb file. Is the script available in any other kind of file?

--------------------
Ah, tea..... The beverage I am required by law to enjoy as a character from England.

+Quote Post

Woogie
post Jul 26 2010, 05:21 PM
Post #47

Group Icon

QUOTE (MrGBH @ Jul 26 2010, 10:57 AM) *
Gorram it. Everybody else says that this is awesome, but I don't have anything which can open a .rb file. Is the script available in any other kind of file?

http://www.rarlabs.com

WinRar is free and when the trial is up all it does is tell you to buy the software, you never lose any functionality.

+Quote Post

MrGBH
post Jul 26 2010, 06:19 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

Thanks for showing me where Winrar is, I have been wondering. But it still isn't opening the script. Even when I download it again. Is the script itself available as either .zip or .rar?

--------------------
Ah, tea..... The beverage I am required by law to enjoy as a character from England.

+Quote Post

rexilia
post Jul 26 2010, 06:48 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

QUOTE (MrGBH @ Jul 26 2010, 01:19 PM) *
Thanks for showing me where Winrar is, I have been wondering. But it still isn't opening the script. Even when I download it again. Is the script itself available as either .zip or .rar?

Just open it on notepad dude.............................. .

This post has been edited by rexilia: Jul 26 2010, 06:48 PM

--------------------

Fear No Evil!

+Quote Post

MrGBH
post Jul 26 2010, 08:40 PM
Post #50

Group Icon

:Headesks:
Now I feel like a right plonker. Thanks, it worked. I'll just go hide in a corner now, fiddling with my tilesets.

--------------------

+Quote Post

mudducky
post Jul 26 2010, 09:05 PM
Post #51

Lurking...
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

This application looks perfect for efficient mapping without limits. Congratulations on creating this Bulltxt and many thanks for sharing! It's astonishing that VX really seems to have no limits to anyone with knowlege on Ruby and C++.

--------------------
Want help with learning the RPG Maker VX events?

Support. Check out these projects! They are not placed in top ranking order or anything like that.

+Quote Post

manat31790
post Jul 27 2010, 05:21 AM
Post #52

RPGPlayer
Group Icon

This is very great, Mr. BulletXt. Thank you very much.

BUG REPORT
I think I have found a bug in your script, please read below.

I tried this SwapXT.rb and ran a game. I got out to the world map that used different tile chips and a passage setting. I saved, and then load the saved file. The map still looked the same, but the passage setting wasn't. Anyway, I used two switches system like in 0.4 to swap tiles and passages.

I used 0.4 and wltr3565's tile chip update (which probably still exists in your 0.4 thread.) I tried his script again in SwapXT and it worked, problem fixed. I don't dare post his script here, so you may want to ask him or revisit your 0.4 thread yourself in order to fix your script.

Thank you for hearing me out.

This post has been edited by manat31790: Jul 27 2010, 06:48 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

sgt massacre
post Jul 27 2010, 05:48 AM
Post #53

FRS_SgtMassacre
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

Holy Shit!!! This is more epic than I thought possible tongue.gif I love you my little Italian friend tongue.gif Tu sei un dio tra programmatori! Tutti noi amiamo il vostro lavoro incredibile tongue.gif

--------------------
=======================================================================
Flesh Render Studios Ltd. Commercial Game Design Company ~~ Sign up and be part of the innovation today
=======================================================================
Forum under construction (17/07/2011 hopefully finished 17/07/2011) :p

Post Count-O-Meter
Spoiler:
Post's To Date:- 812 (updated 17/7/2011 @ 10:49am GMT)

............^............^............^............^............^............^............^............^............^............^............^............^............^
>>>>500>>>>550>>>>600>>>>650>>>>700>>>>750>>>>800>)>>>850>>>>900>>>>950>>>>1000>>>>1500
............^............^............^............^............^............^............^............^............^............^............^............^............^

Projects I Support:- Click To View
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

deadlydeviant
post Jul 27 2010, 08:28 AM
Post #54

Group Icon

Type: Artist

Yay now I don't have to worry about eventing them anymore. Thanks so much this is awesome. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

mithos
post Jul 27 2010, 11:06 AM
Post #55

Meowthos the zombie cat!!
Group Icon

@Sows: Thinking about it it's in my snippets thread - there's a link in my sig.

--------------------
I've been away for a while. Here's my really quite old stuff
Spoiler:

If it's in one of my threads you can use it so long as you read this, and give me a link to any derivatives (i.e. works based off mine). Credit Mithos.
Full legal bit
(Click image for human-readable version :P )
My Stuff:
My Games:
Spoiler:

Story <60%> Mapping<20%> Art<80%> Scripts<97%> Database<50%>
The Legend of Zelda: Restoration of Time Story<20%> Mapping<0%> Art<2%> Scripts<70%> Database<0%>
Absolute Power Story<21%> Mapping<0%> Art<2%> Scripts<0%> Database<0%>

My Sprites:
My Scripts:
I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Bwahahah
post Jul 28 2010, 06:52 AM
Post #56

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Re-Edit:
Never mind, I found a solution.
I found this script, Neo Save System 5, and now it's all ok !

Great job again for your cool SwapXt script, BulletXt !

------------------------

Edit:
Unfortunately this script isn't compatible with NEO SAVE SYSTEM 3 Script.
The problem is the screenshot in the save window:
It shows swapped tiles when I need default ones,
and default tiles when I want swapped ones.
I mean, when I swap tiles, also the save screenshot tiles change.
It looks very bad.
Does anyone know if there's a way to make them compatible ?
Could someone make a compatibility patch ?
Please BulletXt, help me !

------------------------

Old Post:

OMG !!!

YOU ARE A GOD !

This is really better than the old swapping script !

It's just... AWESOME !

Thanks BulletXt ! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Bwahahah: Jul 29 2010, 08:08 AM

--------------------
Visit my official website for resources, games, and informations.
Download for free my (great) videogames and resources.
Link: http://thefrontera.knossus.net

Watch also my great videos !
Link: Awesome videos here

And don't forget to visit and like my official Facebook page !
Link: Official page here

The VX Project I'm working on: (Click to see the Description)

ALL MY AWESOME COMPLETED GAMES [OPEN THE SPOILER!!!]
Spoiler:

My Completed VX Games:
The Frontera Legends (Click to Download)

My Completed XP Games:
The Frontera 1 (Click to Download)

The Frontera 2 (Click to Download)

+Quote Post

Blazing_Flames
post Aug 2 2010, 03:00 AM
Post #57

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Someone should make a real text tutorial. I couldn't follow the video, and whatever I tried didn't work.

(I tried getting help, doing it on my own, nothing worked.)

I can how this would be useful, if it were a bit simpler to use.

Unless someone can tell me how to switch the passage settings of 2 tiles on the fly. That's all I need. Changing passage settings should just be a simple option, I can see how it would be useful. But no, we need to use a whole different program.

So yeah, could someone maybe provide a simple text tutorial for changing passage settings?

+Quote Post

Hanzo Kimura
post Aug 2 2010, 07:42 AM
Post #58

Group Icon

Type: Artist

@mithos
The Patch doesn't work in this version... I tried it... but i guess its not compatible anymore...

I hope someone could do a patch for Wall Tile Extension Script + Swap XT
These 2 are Vital Scripts that must be installed in all of RPG Maker VX...
Can't continue without Swap XT
Can't continue without WallTile Extension Script either sad.gif
Who could make the 3rd Vital Script that will make this 2 scripts work together and make out(an awesome map)

All in all
This is a very sexy and hot script and program smile.gif

This post has been edited by Hanzo Kimura: Aug 2 2010, 07:43 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Blazing_Flames
post Aug 2 2010, 07:50 AM
Post #59

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Weird. One of the people on the IRC channel said he got to to work, so I guess he's using an outdated version or something?

+Quote Post

Rexga
post Aug 2 2010, 02:40 PM
Post #60

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

ugh ok this mightbe a newbie question but when the tilesets are imported into the prject the backround is still white. As in when its copied onto map there is a white surrounding around it

--------------------

Looking for help on my game anyspot is open for you, see the recruit topic HERE

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 11:04 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.