iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Note for Early Project Feedback Threads

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Legend of Argonath 2, -CLOSED-
MessedUpPro
post Jul 25 2010, 06:04 AM
Post #1

"Make the Lord laugh, Timmy."
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Neutral Good

-CLOSED-
To be resumed with RPG Maker VX Ace

---LEGEND OF ARGONATH 2---

STORY:60 Years after the original. The tale of the hero who destroyed Shang had spread everywhere. From Argonath to Lentilla. The hero had become famous. Then,someone murdered the hero. About 10 years after the death of the hero,a new hero rose. He tried to defeat Shang once again but failed. He was our only hope. Now 50 years after that,Shang rules over Argonath. He has a force field that repels the other gods. There is no hope for Argonath. Until one boy saves a cursed town and begins his journey. He will need to meet with the one named Angela. Now what will happen?

NEW HISTORY:A great war raged after the death of the new hero. Thousands died,and all of it was pointless because Shang won anyway. Now he rules over all of Argonath. Nobody breathes with out his permission. The entire country is in peril.

NEW WORLD:Technology has advanced greatly since your last trip into the world. There are now guns,better bombs,some electricity,and crossbows. A forest has grown around Soran and the Castle. The elven race has stepped down from the mountains to join the modern world. A new seating piece of furniture called a "couch" has been invented. Port Town was destroyed in a battle but has been rebuilt near the old location. Some say you can still find the old one by following a certain path. The town of Terriona was destroyed and Luvario was renamed Terriona.

FEATURES:
Cooking System
Requiem ABS Battle System
KGC DayNight
Thomas Edison VX
Mack Tileset
Custom Dog System
Custom Mining System
Custom Swimming System (with help from Lunarea, Skye from OmegaDev, and Sketcy-Sketch)

MUSIC:
The game currently features 8bit mixes of popular rock/grunge songs (Metallica and Nirvana), 8bit mixes of other video game music (Zelda and Conker's Bad Fur Day), and the main title theme is an 8bit mix of the current Doctor Who action theme (I Am The Doctor).

The trend is to keep 100% 8bit music. I am also collaborating with a good friend, Kristian Kühn, to help make the music as original as I can.

CHARACTERS:
Ralph (Name can be changed):The hero this time. He will become the Hero of Argonath. He lived in Soran and has to defeat Shang.

Timber (Name can be changed):Ralph's pet dog. He helps you on your adventures. To become him,press Tab. To feed him a treat, press Enter.

Shang:The infamous god who tried to rule the world now has control over Argonath.

The Gods:Rami,Terriona,Soran,and Angela. The four good gods. They are against Shang but cannot reach him due to a force field he created. Angela is the only god to stay in Argonath.

RACES:
Human-
The Human race is dominant. They are the most known race in all of the land and control most everything. They have been around since the dawn of the time. They continue to rule even in modern times.

Elven-
Once only stayed in the mountains,hidden from society,the Elven race is new to technology. They don't know much about guns or electricity. But when it comes to the basics,they are king. They have been around since the formation of Argonath.

RaYuKan-
Living deep underground away from society,they once ruled the lands. They were driven from their homes by Humans. The demand for christmas presents has forced the RaYuKan into the modern life of Argonath. Many tend to hide still. They are a rare race,but when you do come across one,try not to get on their bad side.

Gods-
Created all you can see. Created life. Created the universe. Nobody sees them,except Angela. She lives in the open. The only person to ever see all 5 Gods in one area is the Hero from the first game.

GAMEPLAY:
Similar to Zelda and the original Legend of Argonath.

HISTORY OF THE SERIES:
I started this series as my first project for VX. I created a game using the original RTP. I learned about maps,stories,and other things. The game was so bad though,I rebooted the series. My next project was The Legend of Argonath. I finished it. It helped me learn even more about RMVX. I have gotten bored with using the original RTP so I have slowed production of it. So in my spare time I started on a prototype Legend of Argonath 2. It slowly became my main priority.

DEMOS:
Demo v1.1

Support it!

CODE
[ url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=34039"][IMG]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp290/
MessedUpProductions/userbar.jpg[/IMG][/url]

This post has been edited by MessedUpPro: Aug 25 2012, 07:40 PM

--------------------
Currently Working on
Legend of Argonath 2
I support
Spoiler:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Atlantin
post Jul 26 2010, 03:05 PM
Post #2

The Eye of the World
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

I cant wait to see some screen shots

--------------------
Check out Eye of the World's progress @ emondsfield.wordpress.com

+Quote Post

MessedUpPro
post Jul 26 2010, 04:30 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

I am still working on the first game but as soon as it is done,I will upload screens of this one.

--------------------
Currently Working on
Legend of Argonath 2
I support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MessedUpPro
post Jul 28 2010, 06:07 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Hey guys....I just made a little concept demo for this game.
PLEASE NOTE:THIS IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT THE FINAL GAME WILL BE. IT IS LACKING STORY,WEAPONS,AND CONTENT IN GENERAL. REMEMBER THIS WHILE PLAYING.
Anyways....
Download Link

--------------------
Currently Working on
Legend of Argonath 2
I support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MessedUpPro
post Sep 25 2010, 03:04 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

I have been really inactive with this game lately. But luckily,all this time off gave me ideas. So stay tuned for screens and a new demo. Also,the NEW WORLD part of the main post is being changed slightly.

--------------------
Currently Working on
Legend of Argonath 2
I support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MessedUpPro
post Sep 26 2010, 11:58 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Sorry if this is a double post...

NEW GAMEPLAY VIDEO AVAILABLE

--------------------
Currently Working on
Legend of Argonath 2
I support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MessedUpPro
post Dec 4 2010, 06:35 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

I haven't been working on this much lately. I will get screenshots up soon,and I hope to get my gears moving again. Life has been hectic lately so please forgive me.

--------------------
Currently Working on
Legend of Argonath 2
I support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MessedUpPro
post Mar 26 2011, 05:26 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Hopefully this isn't a necro post!

Life sucks sometimes. My grandmother passed away and that REALLY took up my time. I have been working on the game, and I have made two quests and created a Mining system. Hopefully I won't get side tracked again, but you never know what might happen.

--------------------
Currently Working on
Legend of Argonath 2
I support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Radscythe
post Mar 28 2011, 03:22 AM
Post #9

Waiting for life to pass him by.
Group Icon

Life does that to a lot of people, but at least you're getting back into it right?

When there is a nice sized demo out there I'll give this a shot.

--------------------
The words that sprout of lies to our souls; if they bear fruit the lies disappear.

Games:
Spoiler:
My Stuff:

Award:
Spoiler:

I support:
Spoiler:

<<< Stare at this in awe.

+Quote Post

MessedUpPro
post Mar 28 2011, 11:26 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Alright. Thanks Radscythe. That means a lot. Hope to get a REAL demo out when I actually get more story quests done.

--------------------
Currently Working on
Legend of Argonath 2
I support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MessedUpPro
post May 23 2011, 03:03 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

I am going to keep this brief and to the point.

I am basically closing this project. Maybe some day, it will get done. If it does, I will release it. I have no plans on finishing it though...sorry to the people who may have been looking forward to it. I am also saying goodbye to RMVX.net for a while.

Goodbye guys, it has been fun.

--------------------
Currently Working on
Legend of Argonath 2
I support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MessedUpPro
post Jun 19 2011, 05:29 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

So, yeah. A month later and I am back. Does that count as LYING to you? Well, no matter, I am back now. I got the Samurai Pack for RMVX and will try to implement some of the stuff into LoA 2. Thanks for any support I received from you guys. I am back.

Now, I got a poll I am about to set up. Should I restart this project? I feel it to be kinda weird. The game looks (right now) like a bunch of unrelated maps thrown into this huge world. The Argonath Field looks totally different from the map above it. Kinda weird. So...should I? If I get enough (if any votes at all) that say I should, then I will release a demo for the current state of the game.

PLEASE VOTE! Thank you!

--------------------
Currently Working on
Legend of Argonath 2
I support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MessedUpPro
post Jun 19 2011, 05:30 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

So, yeah. A month later and I am back. Does that count as LYING to you? Well, no matter, I am back now. I got the Samurai Pack for RMVX and will try to implement some of the stuff into LoA 2. Thanks for any support I received from you guys. I am back.

Now, I got a poll I am about to set up. Should I restart this project? I feel it to be kinda weird. The game looks (right now) like a bunch of unrelated maps thrown into this huge world. The Argonath Field looks totally different from the map above it. Kinda weird. So...should I? If I get enough (if any votes at all) that say I should, then I will release a demo for the current state of the game.

PLEASE VOTE! Thank you!

--------------------
Currently Working on
Legend of Argonath 2
I support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MessedUpPro
post Jun 22 2011, 11:05 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

I have decided I am not going to start over. No one voted (thanks a lot dry.gif ) so I picked for you. I get the feeling I am updating this for no reason. Nobody ever posts anymore besides me sad.gif.

--------------------
Currently Working on
Legend of Argonath 2
I support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MessedUpPro
post Jul 31 2011, 02:30 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

*Sigh* Still no posts? Oh well. I need you guys opinion. Should the Dog be optional? I started thinking about other things for the story which would require me to get rid of the Dog. So should it be optional?

--------------------
Currently Working on
Legend of Argonath 2
I support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MessedUpPro
post Aug 1 2011, 12:51 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Sorry for double post but I just finished the first real DEMO.

HOORAY FOR DEMOS!!!!

And this isn't a concept demo, this contains many things that are final. Though it is no where near complete, it is enough to test the current mechanics. The Dog System has been disabled for now. It is very buggy. But swimming, combat, and three quests are mostly all you need. Enjoy. PLEASE REPORT ANY BUGS IF YOU FIND THEM!

AND READ THE README!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Download Link

--------------------
Currently Working on
Legend of Argonath 2
I support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MessedUpPro
post Aug 20 2011, 04:25 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Come on guys! Am I really making this for nothing?!?!!!!!

--------------------
Currently Working on
Legend of Argonath 2
I support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Radscythe
post Aug 21 2011, 07:05 PM
Post #18

Waiting for life to pass him by.
Group Icon

The intro was going well, but after Shang it turned up a file missing error:

--------------------
The words that sprout of lies to our souls; if they bear fruit the lies disappear.

Games:
Spoiler:
My Stuff:

Award:
Spoiler:

I support:
Spoiler:

<<< Stare at this in awe.

+Quote Post

MessedUpPro
post Aug 26 2011, 09:21 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

That's odd. I'll fix it.

FIXED! INCLUDES RTP!
Demo v1.1

This post has been edited by MessedUpPro: Aug 26 2011, 09:59 PM

--------------------
Currently Working on
Legend of Argonath 2
I support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MessedUpPro
post Sep 5 2011, 10:50 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

So, it looks like you guys want the dog to a necessity. Cool! Well, in case you didn't know, I have been working on the Special Edition of the original Legend of Argonath. With it, comes the challenges of dividing my time. School has started back, and this makes it pretty difficult to work on a game at all, much less two. So I have decided to use my time on the Special Edition of the first game. This is because there is much less to do with it and I will finish it quicker than I will finish LoA 2.

Basically, I have stopped production of this game so I can finish the Special Edition of the first. It shouldn't take that long, unless school gets to me. I hope to be done with it soon, that way I can continue work on LoA 2.

Stay tuned, and please check out the Special Edition of LoA 1 in Completed Games!
--MessedUpPro

--------------------
Currently Working on
Legend of Argonath 2
I support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 03:06 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.