iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Note for Early Project Feedback Threads

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Legend of Argonath 2, -CLOSED-
MessedUpPro
post Dec 19 2011, 06:06 PM
Post #21

"Make the Lord laugh, Timmy."
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Neutral Good

Production is starting back up as I have completed the Special Edition of LoA 1. I have added another cheat that is a little nod to the series I have based the gameplay off of wink.gif Also, I have added a Quest Journal script from modern algebra over at RMRK.net. This will help with keeping track of what you are supposed to do.

!!!CALLING ALL WRITERS!!!

I need help writing side quests! If anyone is interested, please send me a PM. I really need some help with this.

Edit: Read post below.

This post has been edited by MessedUpPro: Mar 30 2012, 04:13 AM

--------------------
Currently Working on
Legend of Argonath 2
I support
Spoiler:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

MessedUpPro
post Mar 30 2012, 04:10 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

This project isn't dead. Not yet. I am still working on it (very little, unfortunately). The scale of this game in its current state is HUGE. So, I am having to make a few cuts. The side quests will be fewer, thus the quest log is no longer needed, and the dog system is being cut. I'm not sure if anything else will be cut, I'll have to look into it. I just don't have time to make a game on the scale I would like. That's why I wanted to collaborate with a writer or two to get some side quests in. This looks like it isn't going to happen.

Also, to elaborate on the cuts, there still will be side quests. I am just not going to make as many as originally intended. The dog will still follow you and fight along side you. The only difference is that I'm cutting the system where you can feed him (and any other features that involve interacting with the dog). I can't get feeding him to work right, anyway. This is simply going to be cut.

All other features are still going to be there, as of right now. I may end up cutting other stuff. Not only do I have a story to tell, but I also have to fill out the world map from the first game at ground level. This takes time. People said that the world map from the first game looked small. It may look small, but when it's scaled to ground level, this world is pretty huge. I can see people getting lost in it. I'm going to map the towns/major buildings (ex. Terriona and Magician's Temple) first and then fill in the spaces between. And lets not forget the places outside the main land such as the Unforgiving Desert and Volcano Shang. These will also be in the game, though I know a way to not have to map all the empty water space between.

The game is so ambitious. I have so many things I want to do. Unfortunately, I will never finish this project if I keep adding and making it bigger. These cuts are not going to alter the main story in any way. That's a plus.

While I'm making this big post, I might as well give an update on the third chapter in the series that I had planned. The story has changed on it completely. No longer is it going to be bright and colorful. Well, the graphics may be if I make an RPG Maker project, but the story will be far from it. Another thing I have considered is writing a story rather than making a game. If a third story is to be told, it may not be in game form. I may just write it.

That's all folks. I sure hope when this game comes out that it gets more attention than LoA 1. I'm spending a long time making this. I also hope you guys can enjoy and appreciate it.

--MessedUpPro

--------------------
Currently Working on
Legend of Argonath 2
I support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MessedUpPro
post Jul 11 2012, 10:58 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Over the past few months, I haven't done that much work on the game. I also see there isn't much INTEREST in it, either. Oh well. I still plan on finishing this game, mostly for myself, since there is barely any interest. That being said, my hard drive failed recently. I'm optimistic that my data can be retrieved, but it will be some time before I can get the data off, if it can be saved at all. So, for now, this game is on hold. It's all depending on when/if I can get the data off my hard drive. If not, then I will start over (which I'm not looking forward to doing). If it CAN be saved, then I'll just continue where I left off. But, until I get a sure "yes" or "no", the game is on hiatus. Not that it matters much to anyone but myself.

I found a way to fix the dog system, before my hard drive failed. The enter key was going to be used for feeding the dog a treat, while the spacebar would be used for the action button. But, as I have said, the game is lost for now. I'm still not sure if this will be kept, as I have confused myself many times with which key to press, and if you are standing in front of an event that can be used with the action button, and you press enter, it can get glitchy.

Oh well. Thanks for the little support I have received. That and my own enthusiasm have kept me going. If I hadn't received any support, this game would have been canceled long ago. But so turns the wheel of ka. Long days and pleasant nights to you all.

--MessedUpPro

--------------------
Currently Working on
Legend of Argonath 2
I support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MessedUpPro
post Aug 25 2012, 07:39 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

I hate bumping this thread every few months, but I have big news. A recent spark of inspiration hit me, and I have decided to resume production on this game, from scratch. But here is the kicker, I'm going to use RPG Maker VX Ace. I've found an old (ooooolllddddd) backup from this project. This gives me some of the maps back, as well as my tiles and other stuff. And with the updates of RGSS3, all new scripts are being used that are making this game quite large. With starting over, I've also come up with a much better story. One that doesn't use the same basic plot as the first game.

All that being said, this thread should be closed. But have no fear, a new thread will be opened up in "Other Maker Projects" which will break down the story and list the new features. Stay tuned, for The Legend Of Argonath 2 is becoming a much better game with every free second I have!

--MessedUpPro

--------------------
Currently Working on
Legend of Argonath 2
I support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Akod
post Aug 25 2012, 08:45 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Closed upon request.

--------------------

Having issues eventing something? Feel free to send me a message and I will see what I can do!

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 10:44 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.