iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

> 

This forum is for recruiting for games in development. Please do not post threads about games being made here.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Half Prince: A Legend is Born, Second Life Project is looking for recruits!
Terra-chan
post Jul 28 2010, 11:58 PM
Post #1

~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Second Life Project is looking for people to assist with various aspects of the game creation process. Our old forum went down on IPBfree so we lost a lot of people that we didn't get all of the contact information for and life happens to everyone anyway. The previous thread advertising for recruits didn't pan out so well, and hopefully this one will see some more results.

The project is based on 1/2 Prince, a Chinese Novel by Yu Wo and the spin-off Manhua by Choi Hong Chong about a girl that stubbornly takes her twin brother's challenge to get through an MMO without using her "womanly wiles" and ultimately becoming the only transvestite sanctioned at character creation. The story follows her adventures in the world of Second Life, a Virtual Reality MMORPG with a reality level of 99% that can be played as the user sleeps. The story spans 8 Novels and an ongoing Manhua, but our first project is going to focus on just the first 2 Novels and about the first 22 chapters of the Manhua. We ultimately hope to do the whole thing however.

We aren't an overly intensive group. We understand people have lives and that things take time. We hope for progress in one thing a month, and if not that, at least notices and updates in your progress, saying what your working on. It's not that bad.

What we're looking for (In order of Priority)

Scripters: We don't have anyone that is an expert in Ruby that can handle script compatibility issues, writing new scripts where needed or modifying scripts to better suit our purposes. The most experienced person we have in using RPGMaker unfortunately is being pulled away by real life and we really need someone to fill the role of scripter. If more than one person would take up the challenge, that would be great. Two scripts I have requested for this project are: Level Skill by Use that SowS has posted to be working on, but has not posted any results and Cutscene Skip which Jet completed. There are actually plenty of other things we want to incorporate, like leveling Weapons that's compatible with Melody (We've been playing with Dairu's and still have a few issues) and other leveling equipment is also canon (in particular a headpiece). So we really need some guys that would be able to take on some challenges. Some scripts we are currently using:
Yanfly Engine Melody
KGC Scripts (assorted)
Tile Swapper by BulletXt
Game Over Common Event by ModernAlgebra
Scene Tutorial by ModernAlgebra
Chest Item Pop-Up 2 by OriginalWij
Debug Tools by OriginalWij
Random Confusion Targets by Mithran
Recover HP/MP/States when Level Up by Woratana
GuardRecover by Synthesize
Overworld Dave World Map
Syvkal's Menu Bars
Variable Map Window

Databasers: We're still in early project development so balancing issues aren't that big of a deal yet, but it will become more of an issue over time so having people that are good at working out these kinks would be a great help, as well as people that can work through animations for skills in using Melody :3

Artists: We have 2 really good artists, but we have a goal of making the artwork in the game fully custom (not just stealing from the manhua/novel) and it's a lot of work, especially with how many characters there are and how many scenes we have to pan through. And with the poll I conducted... well more work for artists abound! We're fairly discerning about the artists and we're hoping for artists that match the caliber of the two we currently have so that the project won't be a total mash. Samples of their work can be scene on our forum.

Writers: People that can write out events within the limitations of the game and converting them from the original text with consideration to the switches and variables that can trigger these events.

Sprite Pose Artists: I admit this is a weakness of mine, I'm not that great at poses and we have a lot of sprites that need them. I have found some help, but the more the merrier!

Composers: We have quite a few, but there's a lot of music to be made, so the more the merrier!

Translators: People that can translate into various languages. We lost a few of them and we had the prospect of Chinese, Spanish, German, French, Hebrew, and we recently had an applicant for Italian. However until the project is closer to completion there are bound to be a lot of text changes and essentially you'll be relegated as a playtester for bugs until there's more text to translate.

This post has been edited by Terra-chan: Aug 31 2010, 08:13 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Peva
post Jul 29 2010, 12:15 AM
Post #2

Also racism
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

I s'pose I could Translate Russian if you wanted Terra. But do you really need Russian?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Terra-chan
post Jul 29 2010, 12:21 AM
Post #3

~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Group Icon

We're looking to translate into as many languages as we can get translators for :3 We're a bunch of fangirls trying to spread Half Prince Fandom. We even have sanction from the original author for the creation of the game as long as we don't make money off of it :3 She even wants to play it, which is even cooler!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Peva
post Jul 29 2010, 01:58 AM
Post #4

Also racism
Group Icon

Well don't worry, I can translate into Russian very well!

Ну, не волнуйтесь, я могу перевести на русский язык очень хорошо!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Gayfish95
post Jul 30 2010, 01:37 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

If you need translation to norwegian, just ask me :-D

--------------------
Current project: "A nightmare on elm street" Inspired by the movies with the same name.
Graphics: 100%
Story 100%
Enemies: 100% (Only one enemy tho...)
Actors: 100%
Attacks: 100%
Maps+"gluing together": 5%

Spoiler:
http://www.youtube.com/user/1Blubbe

My youtube channel :)

http://kaelswarehouse.blogspot.com/

All not-requests will end up here!

+Quote Post

A.M
post Jul 30 2010, 02:55 PM
Post #6

Pehkachu
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Unaligned

Your game sounds really cool! I love the idea behind it. =)

Er, would you mind if I joined...? I could do art for you, if you want.

--------------------
○• Also offering to do headshot or waist-up lineart - You can check out my thread here 'u' •○

....................................................................................................

Ka-P0w (don't worry, it's short, lol):
Spoiler:

Working With Teams - (Interesting) guide involving the (+)s and (-)s of working w/ your forum buddies.

Photoshop Selection Tool Options - Not too sure of what some of the tool options do? This is a guide to what things like contiguous means.

+Quote Post

Terra-chan
post Jul 30 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #7

~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Group Icon

Like I said we welcome any and all translators happy.gif If you're the first translator for a language, you are pretty much guaranteed a spot honestly. For languages, the more the merrier is our policy.

As for artists. We are more discerning because we already have a few nice ones and the main concern is being able to keep a similar style and quality. Some of our artists works are in the Art Showcase, and if you think you can approximate either style, and draw a sample relating to the story content as is part of the application process. You don't need to be exactly like, but we don't want too many obviously different styles. Small differences are fine though.

We've also been considering artist teams that get together to so each step of the process from sketch to lineart to color.

This post has been edited by Terra-chan: Jul 30 2010, 06:41 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

AlohaJo
post Jul 30 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #8

Objection!
Group Icon

If you'd like, I could compose a few tunes. I could also help out with the database as well.

--------------------

I work on and fully support:

Click it...I dare you...
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Kaimi
post Jul 30 2010, 08:07 PM
Post #9

RPGMakerVX.net's official Seranille lover
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Good

You can add me as Polish translator, but no promises there. Recently my life changed a little: don't want to bore you.

--------------------

Thanks to Kaviator for the signature

My resources
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Gayfish95
post Jul 30 2010, 08:44 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (Terra-chan @ Jul 30 2010, 06:39 PM) *
Like I said we welcome any and all translators happy.gif If you're the first translator for a language, you are pretty much guaranteed a spot honestly. For languages, the more the merrier is our policy.

Then you can count me in. I need something to do when i'm finished with all my regular work biggrin.gif

--------------------
Current project: "A nightmare on elm street" Inspired by the movies with the same name.
Graphics: 100%
Story 100%
Enemies: 100% (Only one enemy tho...)
Actors: 100%
Attacks: 100%
Maps+"gluing together": 5%

Spoiler:
http://www.youtube.com/user/1Blubbe

My youtube channel :)

http://kaelswarehouse.blogspot.com/

All not-requests will end up here!

+Quote Post

aaronfeld
post Jul 30 2010, 09:13 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Sounds great, makes me want to read the novels. I would like to help out with battle animations and if you want database. Couple of things: if you want custom graphics it would be nice if you could get them to me and this would be my first group game I've worked on so I may need some guidance.

Edit: The title screen is inspiring and got me interested.

This post has been edited by aaronfeld: Jul 30 2010, 09:16 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Terra-chan
post Jul 31 2010, 01:45 AM
Post #12

~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Group Icon

Haha, the title screen is just a placeholder while our artists work on something better. But thank you for liking my work anyway. Everything is organized on the SLP forums though so if you want to join you go there, if you have questions I can answer here so you don't have to join the forums there first. Like I said we do check for quality of what people can do, essentially we do want to have people we don't want to redo all the work :3 Even if you don't have much time now, we just want to know you're thoughts are on the project and you have something on your agenda. We don't need to have a lot of progress because we know people have lives, but we do want to know what people are doing monthly.

If you don't want to officially join the project and forum, you can PM me. If you have artistic things you want to help with I can orchestrate it.

This post has been edited by Terra-chan: Jul 31 2010, 01:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

aaronfeld
post Jul 31 2010, 02:55 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Quick question I'm adding events to my application and it has conditional branches with items and skills. should i put up the whole game file? Thanks!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Terra-chan
post Jul 31 2010, 03:04 AM
Post #14

~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Group Icon

Would probably be most helpful.

--------------------

+Quote Post

A.M
post Jul 31 2010, 03:19 PM
Post #15

Pehkachu
Group Icon

Erm, my style doesn't really look like the ones on the site...but here, I drew a quick digital sketch, anyways.

This is the original, and this is the same sketch, but coloured. It's a pic of the person on the right side of your title screen-- the silver-haired guy. (Sorry, I know that I messed up on him a little)

Edit: Okay, he was really starting to bug me, so I just ended up redrawing him... =_=" Here's the link to that (it's a sketch, too).

This post has been edited by Ahahaha: Aug 1 2010, 08:41 PM

--------------------
○• Also offering to do headshot or waist-up lineart - You can check out my thread here 'u' •○

....................................................................................................

Spoiler:

Working With Teams - (Interesting) guide involving the (+)s and (-)s of working w/ your forum buddies.

Photoshop Selection Tool Options - Not too sure of what some of the tool options do? This is a guide to what things like contiguous means.

+Quote Post

yellow flash
post Jul 31 2010, 04:04 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

I could translate to Dutch,
If you need any ^^

This post has been edited by yellow flash: Jul 31 2010, 04:05 PM

--------------------
My Project
Spoiler:

I Support
Spoiler:

<-- Best Shop Ever!

The Circle of the Unknown

Join My Group
Spoiler:

By Jaeroll

+Quote Post

Terra-chan
post Aug 3 2010, 06:18 PM
Post #17

~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Group Icon

Like I said, translators for all languages are welcome happy.gif

While your art is awesome Ahahaha, we are going for a manga style since it's based on a novel/manhua and even the novel art is in manga style.

--------------------

+Quote Post

A.M
post Aug 3 2010, 08:04 PM
Post #18

Pehkachu
Group Icon

Aww, okay. I understand.

Goodluck w/ your Topic, though (and thanks for the compliment =)).

--------------------

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

OVAN66
post Aug 9 2010, 10:50 PM
Post #19

Fsteak
Group Icon

Do you have a spanish translator? rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Terra-chan
post Aug 10 2010, 05:37 AM
Post #20

~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Group Icon

Our Spanish translators seem to be MIA. The person organizing them says she'd welcome another.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 04:21 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.