iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

> ATTENTION!

Do not post questions about Ace in this section. Any and all Ace related support should be posted in the Ace section found here.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Animation - Customized, Possiblities of expansion
stoney153
post Jul 18 2008, 10:08 AM
Post #1

Stoney
Group Icon

Type: Designer

Alright heres my question which I dread to think I already know the answer to....

Is it possible to increase the size of the animation area (Acording to PRG VX) so that you can animate over 3x3 or 4x4?

Alright heres a more detailed analysis:

When you want to animate a treasure chest you select the '!Chest' tileset and the maker knows that, that tileset only takes up (I believe) a 1x1 square on the map so it cycles through the images on the tileset of the treasure chest in 1x1 squares

When you want to animate a door you select the '!Door' tileset and the maker, once again, knows that, that tileset only takes up 1x2 (basically 2 squares on the map 1x 2y, sorry if your not good with maths...its hard to explain but ill keep trying) and then the animation cycles through the images on the tileset of the door in 1x2 squares

finally when you want to animate a larger object like a gate you select the '!$Gate' tileset and the maker knows that this tileset takes up 2x2 squares (2 across x 2 up for you non mathematical literates...like me biggrin.gif) therefor the animation cycles through the images on the tileset of the gate in 2x2 squares (by cycling through I mean this is like choosing the quick create option to create a door that opens, then you 'should' know that behind the scenes the animation occurs because the RPG Maker selects the first section of the tileset, then the second, then the third ect. until it reaches the end of the animation.)

OK
so if youve managed to 'Digest' any of that then your a saint wink.gif so now onto my predicament (and sorry for all the writing...I type quite fast biggrin.gif)

I have been designing several 'Prototypes' and 'Mock-ups' for scenes I will impliment later into my game, I have been making a whole hearted attempt to create unique animations for my game which use the same mechanisms as the doors in RPG VX, For example: the doors used in rpg maker VX animate by the maker selecting a certain area (of a fixed parametre) on the image then then cycles through the image in blocks of however big the maker things the animation is (1x1, 1x2, 2x2)

Now:

As I was creating an animation I realised it was expanding over the 2x2 limit ive been using, so heres my question! you ready!?:

Is it possible to expand the area of which the animations cycle through for example instead of the limit being 2x2 (for gates) could I expand that area and maker it animate every 3x3 section on the image? or does RPG VX limit you to only using 2x2 squares as the largest area for something to animate...

I appologise if this sounds slightly like JARGEN....But its the only way I can explain it...Ill attempt to add images when I get home (around 6pm today)...

Before then....Any clues?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Locust
post Jul 18 2008, 10:15 AM
Post #2

Ever-Present, Ever-Lurking Mad Scientist
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: True Neutral

I guess you would set up the sheet the same way you would any other. Not terribly sure, though.

--------------------
<signature>

+Quote Post

stoney153
post Jul 18 2008, 10:18 AM
Post #3

Stoney
Group Icon

Ah sorry I diddnt say what ive tried ok here goes:

Ive tryed just making the tileset bigger = Not work
Ive tryed exchanging it for the already made '!$Gate' = Not work
Ive tryed manually streching the selected section = Not work (you cant select it)

I havent tryed renaming it yet though since it appears that

'!$' makes the rpg maker know its a 2x2 animation....so I guess I would have to add another certain symbol which I have not tryed yet....

EDIT:
ive also tyed setting the sheet up as any other...if I go over 2x2 then the maker doesnt pick it up...from what ive tryed anyway...

This post has been edited by stoney153: Jul 18 2008, 10:20 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

GrandmaDeb
post Jul 18 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #4

Retired
Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

from VX help "If you put a "$" at the beginning of the file name, only one character per file will be used. In this case, the character size is 1/3 the width and 1/4 the height of the file. It is possible to use this in conjunction with the special symbol "!". "

I just successfully tried this with a 4x4 event, no problem.

For an easy quick try, make a paint file 384x512.
Name it $GrandmaDeb biggrin.gif
Fill it with blue. Import it.
Add it as an event.
Voila!
Note that it treated your file as a single event.
(each square is usually 32 x 32. If you want it 4x4 it is 128 x 128.
But the char sets need up, down, left, right and walking animation.
So you gotta have a four rows and three columns. 128 x 3 = 384, 128 x 4 - 512 wink.gif )
Obviously, you'll need to either add twelve copies of your 4x4 pic, or views of same.

Let me know if it works 4u!

This post has been edited by GrandmaDeb: Jul 18 2008, 10:49 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

stoney153
post Jul 18 2008, 10:44 AM
Post #5

Stoney
Group Icon

I see....ill fiddle about with the size of the sets ect. when I get back...thanks for replying btw smile.gif I hope it works...

EDIT:
Also: I suppose I could create two seperate animations, 1 for half of the object, and 1 for the other half (or 1 for a specific section and 1 for another section) this im guessing would work...It just means that 'Little bit' more work...

This post has been edited by stoney153: Jul 18 2008, 10:48 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

GrandmaDeb
post Jul 18 2008, 11:22 AM
Post #6

Retired
Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

No, no.
Whatever size it is, make it twelve copies of that.

--------------------

+Quote Post

stoney153
post Jul 18 2008, 11:57 AM
Post #7

Stoney
Group Icon

haha ah uhh ok ill give it a go, 12 copies? sad.gif alright well ok...ill report back in a few hours....

--------------------

+Quote Post

zeRobuRn
post Jul 19 2008, 12:46 AM
Post #8

Problem Solver
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

A character sheet is comprised or twelve "scenes" organized into a 3 wide and 4 tall sheet. the size of the characer (or door or whatever) doesn't matter as long as they are a uniform size. as long as there is a $ in front of the name. VX automatically detects the size of the sprite by dividing the width of the picture by three and the hight by four.

...If I lost you just ask what you didn't understand K? Cool smile.gif

--------------------

TileB CHECK!!!
Look at the top left tile on TileB. It needs to be set to a star, not a 'O'.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 07:21 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.