iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gateway Of the Lost Element, Game created by me and my partner.
neathervex
post Sep 3 2010, 04:51 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer

Gateway Of the Lost Element

Platform- RPG Maker VX

This game is roughly 16-19 hours of game play and is my first project ever. My partner Insomnia and I are just beginner scriptwriter's so we still don't know too much about programming.

Story
Spoiler:

The world of Voldair is separated based on terrain's in the world. There are four element nation's. These are are, Fire= Firas Nation, Water= Osha Nation, Earth= Terran Nation, and Air= Areis Nation. The terrain that each nation recieve's are based upon the element of that terrain. Volcanoes and hot climate's go to the Firas Nation. Island's surrounded by water go to the Osha Nation. Mountain's and hard like terrain's go to the Terra Nation. Last but not least, the floating continent's go to the Areis Nation. There is an island in the middle of the world that has all of these unique feature's. Osha already had a settlement there but Firas demanded the Island. Osha refused, so in a matter of month's Firas allied itself with Terra and invaded the island forcing Osha back. Everyone thought that Osha would lose all it's territory but at the last second Terra demanded the same territory and attacked Firas. So a 3 way war is commencing between Osha, Firas, and Terra while Areis remains neutral.

Our story start's with Raineheart Valentine (Son of a victim in the attack of the island), Crystal Varidis, (Daughter of a victim in the attack on the island), and Vlandel Xzarrinar (An earth mover allied with Osha who lead's the village of Crystalis). They are met with an attack on the village they live in by a battalion of Firas soldier's. Using their new found element's Raineheart and Crystal help Vlandel drive them away. After the battle Raineheart and Crystal learn that there may be a way to end the war if they speak with the king of Osha.

When the character's learn that peace with the nation's look promising they learn that an activist inside of the Firas nation convinced the king to say no to peace. This is not the biggest problem however, as they lean that this activist claim's that there is a fifth element. It is up to Raineheart and Crystal to find this activist and to find out if the fifth element exists.

Characters
Spoiler:

Raineheart Valentine
Hometown: Crystalis
Class: Airglider
Rage Command: Fury Of Areis, Unleash the power of the air element on 15 foe's.
Description: Fun and carefree, but serious when needed. This is the first character in the game and has been raised by the people of Crystalis ever since his parent's were killed in the attack of the Maidenland (Island in the middle of the world). He learns that he has been gifted with the air element. Using his new found powers to control air he set's off to find the Firas Activist.

Crystal Varidis
Class: Firestarter
Rage Command: Tetra Slash; Unleashes a tri-element attack.
Description: Crystal is a fun and outgoing person who care's for a lot of people. She lost her parent's in the attack of the Maidenland as well. When she learn's that there may be a way to end the war once and for all she jump's at the opportunity to help Vlandel and Raineheart.

Vlandel Xzarrinar
Class: Earth Mover
Rage Command: SMASH: Smash all enemies in the face!
Description: Vlandel has always been close friend's with the king of Osha since birth. When he was 20 he conducted his first ceremony of the element's and was bestowed with the power to move the earth. When he learned that the village elder of Crystalis was growing ill he moved to Crystalis (His old hometown) to replace the village elder. Vlandel is funny and does not anger very easy.

Zack Fireblade
Hometown: Firas
Rage Command: Tetra Slash; unleash a tri-element attack.
Description: The main Antagonist of the story. Zack is the Firas activist who is trying to control the fabled fifth element. Not much is known about Zack as the mystery of the fifth element and his action's will only be revealed with time.

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Cant put them on here but you can view them at this link:

Photo gallary

Features
Spoiler:

-Yanfly Battle engine melody
-Lots of customization through passive skills and equipment
-Deep and complex storyline
-Monster's that scale to your level to keep you on your feet!
-Engaging boss battles
-Cutscenes that are sure to be epic
-Powerful element skill's

Download
Spoiler:

Gateway Of the Lost Element

Credits
Spoiler:

As for scripts, massive thanks go out to:
Wora, KGC, Yanfly, mog, and HK.

For resources (chassts, facesets, and others), huge thanks go out to:
Relaypoint, and Yanfly.

Please let me know if I am missing anybody.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

franklyn
post Oct 8 2010, 09:44 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

when you are doing the element test if you kill the wind it wont go to the next screen. i just kill the wind and it leveled me and did not go on.

+Quote Post

franklyn
post Oct 8 2010, 10:35 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

upon reaching the port town tired to go to the tower and it sent me to a dark inn

This post has been edited by franklyn: Oct 8 2010, 10:35 AM

+Quote Post

Scorneo
post Oct 10 2010, 11:14 AM
Post #4

If n = infinity, (1+(1/n))^n=1
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

why are you using Valkyrie Stories logo?

--------------------
QUOTE (Albert Einstein)
Imagination is more important than knowledge.

+Quote Post

Aarowaim
post Oct 11 2010, 03:55 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Neutral Good

Because he was too lazy to make his own graphic or make a request wink.gif
The plot sounds promising, but I don't think it's my kind of rpg.

--------------------
My Quotations:
Spoiler:
(Feel free to use them in your sig, but use quote tags with my username plz)
QUOTE (Aarowaim)
Programming isn't a hobby, It's a lifestyle.

QUOTE (Aarowaim)
Everyone is dumb on the inside, but some show it more than others; I happen to be one of those "some".

I support:
Spoiler:

Tears of reality looks pretty promising

And most of all, my favorite program (other than rpg maker vx), Rainmeter. I even took the time to make a support bar.
Rainmeter doesn't show how much it rained last night, but it probably could ;)
Go on, click it... I know you want to.

My projects:
Spoiler:
Still fooling around on a test map that I'll get around to making a game out of.

My Creations:
Spoiler:

Codes:
Spoiler:
Still learning/practicing. I'm working on a code as a pet project or whatever they're called.
My first code (a small but useful addon) is up @ the completed RGSS2 scripts

Graphics:
Spoiler:

My Personality/Thoughts:
Spoiler:

My skills are:
Graphics: Anything smaller than 48x48 I can do decently, anything over that, I can recolour and sometimes put together, but I can't make graphics from scratch
Scripting/Coding: Pretty good at them when I try, but I'm a casual coder, so don't expect new codes too often.
Writing: I used to hate writing, but now I'm starting to like it and I'm pretty good at it. I'm no grammar god, but my ideas are very powerful.
Reading: Fast reader, Reading comprehension level was at Grade 11 when I was only in grade 1.
Procrastination: I'll get around to it.

Random thoughts:
If a writer writes, then shouldn't a butler butle and a carpenter carpent?
Why do they call it procrastination? There's nothing pro about it.

+Quote Post

Solveig18
post Oct 12 2010, 04:39 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Hello neathervex im is playing Gateway Of the Fifth Element. Im comet to Crystalis Border and how can i go further after that?

From tatugurl18 biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

SincoMai
post Oct 14 2010, 01:39 AM
Post #7

Leader Of SincInc
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

its...a complete non custom game,this is....*runs outside* "I have found the missing link!"...jk but seriously comon,so everyone who first gets rpg maker vx just makes a game completely from defaults or steals others work,WITH NO CREDIT(talking about logo) mind you.

Storyline is good,dont waste it with other people's ideas mixed in.Not trying to be mean but just by seeing that you didnt try to get ur own resources it shows a lack of real seriousness to the project.

Note* seeing the logo have a copy and pasted over logo made me LOL in real life.Has Hanzo seen this?LMFAO!!!

This post has been edited by SincoMai: Oct 14 2010, 01:42 AM

--------------------
[/url]

My Words-
am...i dont care.

+Quote Post

Rajawali
post Oct 14 2010, 02:49 AM
Post #8

Only available on weekend
Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

lol, the Japanese text still says Valkyrie Stories
stealing logo is definitely not cool at all

--------------------

Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

CrayDragon
post Oct 14 2010, 06:16 PM
Post #9

RMVX > Social life
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Evil

I'm pretty sure everybody has seen Valkyrie Stories, neathervex, just---wow. Logo fail. dry.gif
Anyway, the storyline is all there, definitely some VS-esque traces here and there, but it'll suffice. happy.gif
The characters aren't too shabby, but this name here--
Vlandel Xzarrinar
----Burns my tongue.

And yes, actually, you can put images directly on the page, you need to copy the image url and place it between [img][/img] tags.

--------------------
I order you to click these.

>>deviantART!<<

+Quote Post

Hanzo Kimura
post Oct 15 2010, 12:37 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

Totally Logo fail xD Come on I know you can make something up for your own... and if you can't go to someone who are taking requests for logo (I'm closed so don't ask me)
I didn't download though I just took at a glance at that screenshot Rajawali posted hahaha

--------------------

+Quote Post

SincoMai
post Oct 15 2010, 02:05 AM
Post #11

Leader Of SincInc
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Technically this entire game is a lie yo....what did he and his accomplice do actually??
From my seeing,its all other peeps graphics mixed with defaults,they came,they leeched,now like a whale they beached.*lowers head*

--------------------
[/url]

My Words-
am...i dont care.

+Quote Post

CrayDragon
post Oct 19 2010, 06:29 PM
Post #12

RMVX > Social life
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Evil

You could at least credit Hanzo Kimura for the logo's "base".

--------------------
I order you to click these.

>>deviantART!<<

+Quote Post

opatrick55
post Mar 20 2012, 10:05 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Le lien de fichier que vous avez demandé n'est pas valide, car il n'existe plus

This post has been edited by opatrick55: Nov 21 2013, 08:19 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 10:34 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.