iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Iravelon - Shades of Resonance, Old school, new school, cool school, stay in school
MagusDuality
post Feb 11 2012, 08:29 PM
Post #221

Ste trelim Ete
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Heya folks!

QueeZer, a Soundcloud account would be cool, but it's up to you. I think it'd be good just so we can give your music as much representation as Catalysts. biggrin.gif I'll definitely link it on the Soundtrack page when you do get one.

--------------------

Spoiler:

My Projects:

I support:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

QueeZeR
post Feb 12 2012, 10:23 PM
Post #222

Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Unaligned

It's up: Soundcloud

--------------------

+Quote Post

QueeZeR
post Feb 26 2012, 12:05 AM
Post #223

Group Icon

Hi again!

I changed my mind and did some work on Maginculta Desert.

Maginculta Desert

I was meaning to add a whole new part at the end, but it took me forever to get the arrangements right for this part, so I'll get to that next time instead.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Catalyast_chaos
post Mar 28 2012, 07:20 AM
Post #224

Group Icon

hey guys hows it all going?

i guess everyones pretty busy atm with personal stuff or something but i thought id post something as i havent got much to do atm lol

ive been on a bit of a Mixing-spree over the last few weeks/months and have got some of the tracks sounding epic as epic can be atm hahaha

what im thinking is uploading to a seperate soundcloud/dropbox or something like that then PM you guys the links to the tracks ive managed to sort.

ive got a list of what ive done so far:

Non major boss
general battle theme
both shades battles
dungeon (i think the one from soundcloud will do as it sounds ok to me)
Airship 1

I am currently writing/re-writing some bits and peices on other tracks, nothing major atm and no redos yet (thank god) but ill keep you guys updated on whats going on

--------------------

Currently compossing for:

YOU ARE A FOOL IF U LOOSE ALL HOPE.

\m/ LONG LIVE METAL \m/

+Quote Post

MagusDuality
post Apr 14 2012, 08:44 PM
Post #225

Ste trelim Ete
Group Icon

Hey folks, how's it going?

Firstly, I apologize, I've not been around much. Development has not ceased, although it is slow. That said, to actually show that I'm still working, have some screenshots!

Admittedly, some of these screenshots would've been impossible without the exceptional work of Avidgamer, who created the entirety of the map for the biggest city in the game, Derelarx.

Now then...

QueeZer: I've listened to your stuff, and it's sounding good. I'm glad you've got a Soundcloud profile up, that should help tremendously. biggrin.gif

Catalyst: Sounds good, whenever you want to do the dropbox thing, just let me know. Looking forward to it!

I'll try not to be such a stranger in the near future. Expect some more updates.

EDIT: Realigned this post with the forces of fate that like to piss on certain aspects of my life.

This post has been edited by MagusDuality: Oct 26 2012, 12:20 AM

--------------------

Spoiler:

My Projects:

I support:

+Quote Post

QueeZeR
post Apr 17 2012, 06:35 PM
Post #226

Group Icon

Hi guys!

Lately I've been busy applying to college, I really wish to study classical composition next year.
So, I haven't had a lot of spare time to get any work done, but I've been thinking about/gotten some ideas for some of the tracks I have yet to finish.

Catalyst: Any particular reason you want to upload to a separate soundcloud/dropbox? Just wanna keep stuff secret from the rest of the forum?

Magus: Got an interesting variety of screenshots there, awesome!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Catalyast_chaos
post Apr 24 2012, 09:25 PM
Post #227

Group Icon

QUOTE (QueeZeR @ Apr 17 2012, 07:35 PM) *
Catalyst: Any particular reason you want to upload to a separate soundcloud/dropbox? Just wanna keep stuff secret from the rest of the forum?

no secretive motives or anything like that dude. i just to keep the stuff on the soundcloud like a public and create a private one only known to the development team i.e you, Magus, Avidgamer and anyone else working on it. as somethings might be changed and somethings might sound different, but you dont see square or EA games releasing soundtracks before the game is released tho? we still got shit loads to do anyway since ive been thinking about this over the last few weeks, reviewing all the tracks and some are ok but ultimatly crap in my opinion.

what do you think about this, do you think its a good idea? magus? Avid?

--------------------

\m/ LONG LIVE METAL \m/

+Quote Post

MagusDuality
post Jun 17 2012, 10:38 PM
Post #228

Ste trelim Ete
Group Icon

Okay, so randomly today I was able to get my password back, so... yeah. I've also been out of town, around, and busy trying to start a business in the past month and a half. Crazy busy, finding as much time as possible to work on Shades in the mean time.

I've set up a more bloggish site (still working on it) that I can add to easier than the normal site. It'll be more of a development blog, and will encompass several of my projects/concepts, not just Iravelon. You can find it here: http://beta.iravelon.com/ I'll be moving that to the main Iravelon site after it's more finalized, though.

--------------------

Spoiler:

My Projects:

I support:

+Quote Post

QueeZeR
post Jul 8 2012, 08:56 PM
Post #229

Group Icon

Hello! Long time no see!

So, I haven't been very active lately, but there are some good news.
I got accepted to one of the colleges I applied to! So, starting this autumn, I'll get to study classical composition/music for at least 2 years. This will obviously be helpful to me in a number of ways.
Also, I'll try to have some weekly updates from now on...

Got an edited version of the Raeya theme up on soundcloud! It's set to 'private' so you'll have to log in to listen to it:
http://soundcloud.com/queezer/raeya

The recording of Torra-battle has been postponed since I've had no time to practise guitar/bass.
The Derelarx theme, which Avidgamer had me do in secrecy, has been finished since a long way back (as far as writing it goes, in midi) but will probably not be up in quite a while since I can't figure out how to make the audio verson sound good.

Magus: I've been thinking of fixing some of the older tracks which could sound better (mostly the Ragdim theme, and Megian forest), some questions:

Electric bass guitar... in Ragdim. What would be your thoughts about that?

While I'm at it, should I make them longer?

Also, I got this crazy idea about Aldor. Back in winter it got stuck in my head, except I imagined it with an upright bass and some piano, sounding like a jazzy christmas-song.
Would there be any use of such a track in the game?

This post has been edited by QueeZeR: Jul 9 2012, 06:54 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

MagusDuality
post Jul 14 2012, 04:08 PM
Post #230

Ste trelim Ete
Group Icon

Yo! That's fantastic to hear about your college acceptance! Congrats, dude!

Weekly updates would be cool, I need to get into that habit myself... I've been a bit distracted writing this "short" story I've had in my head for a good while. It's set in the same universe as Iravelon.

I did listen to your Raeya theme, it's sounding really awesome! Are you going to make that loop like the Vetupalor swamp theme, with a separate intro?

I look forward to the Torra battle theme and the Derelarx theme whenever you get them to the point you want them to be.

Magus
: I've been thinking of fixing some of the older tracks which could sound better (mostly the Ragdim theme, and Megian forest), some questions:

Electric bass guitar... in Ragdim. What would be your thoughts about that?

While I'm at it, should I make them longer?

Also, I got this crazy idea about Aldor. Back in winter it got stuck in my head, except I imagined it with an upright bass and some piano, sounding like a jazzy christmas-song.
Would there be any use of such a track in the game?

I think that'd be nifty to use electric bass! Are you talking about both versions of the Ragdim theme or just one of them?

Well, in my mind a longer track allows for more variation before the track loops, which makes it more interesting to listen to. If you'd like to make them longer, by all means!

That is a crazy idea, but I like it! I think it could work for something... depending on how it turns out, it might work well for a situation or significant character theme.

Oh, and by the way, I've done some more website alterations and such, and now the "beta" site I linked to previously is now the actual Iravelon site (iravelon.com). The old site is now located at beta.iravelon.com, so you can get to the old music page I made that way, if need be. I'm working on having a new version of that page on the new site, but I'll post that link when I get to it. Regardless, there's still quite a bit to do on the site, but I thought I'd show off anyways. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by MagusDuality: Jul 14 2012, 04:12 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:

My Projects:

I support:

+Quote Post

QueeZeR
post Jul 15 2012, 08:56 PM
Post #231

Group Icon

Thanks!

Weekly update of Raeya:
http://soundcloud.com/queezer/raeya
I tweaked it a little (changing volume and some other stuff) and began working on a new part at the end.
Are you going to make that loop like the Vetupalor swamp theme, with a separate intro?

I'm not sure at the moment. I want to make it a rather long and versatile piece, so we'll see what works best when it is finished, I believe.

About the electric bass - I'm talking about the normal Ragdim theme. I'm also thinking about bringing the tempo down a tad bit.
I don't think a bass would fit very well in the war time-version.

With the aldor theme I had an idea that, when you enter the village the normal theme plays, but when you enter a house the upright bass and piano fades in and add warmth.
Could be a nice touch of sound-design, I think.

This post has been edited by QueeZeR: Jul 17 2012, 06:40 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Catalyast_chaos
post Aug 26 2012, 08:10 PM
Post #232

Group Icon

hey guys sorry its been a while since ive posted ive been busy with uni, building a new recording studio, finding a new job and other bits and bobs anyhooo.....

how are things going with everything?

@QueeZer - i like the reya theme man its quite cool

about the aldor theme sound design idea - i cant really remember but is aldor the snowy region? and have you had anymore thoughts on this as i thin its a good idea?

ive done varrious writing bits and bobs and re-mixes of various things ive got a few days off soon so ill see if i can get a few things uploaded.

@Magus - hows things going with the game? i saw the new site and tbh im likeing it very much biggrin.gif did u do the design yourself?

also i think we could do with another game demo maybe just to see if bits of music fit in places and where things can be changed etc not sure if anything been done to it but it will definatly help biggrin.gif

anyway it would be good to hear from you guys on any more progres or just in general either way lol smile.gif

take it easy

--------------------

\m/ LONG LIVE METAL \m/

+Quote Post

MagusDuality
post Sep 4 2012, 11:18 PM
Post #233

Ste trelim Ete
Group Icon

Hey folks.

Queezer: I'm liking that Reaya theme, sounding awesome. I also like the idea about the Aldor theme (and other themes, possibly), though I'm wondering about how difficult it'd be to have that work for several maps...

Catalyst: Yeah, I saw the newer Iravelon theme, commented on Soundcloud. Cool stuff!

The game's moving along (I know, I always say that). A certain someone's been gently kicking my ass to get me to work more on it more consistently. Rest assured, I'm planning on another demo, I just want to get a fair amount of additional content in it before I release it. That way, people aren't just playing the older version with slight tweaks and new music (even if the music is awesometastic).

That said, if you've got any versions of music that you think I can go ahead and use (.ogg format), even if they're not the final final versions, please send 'em my way. That way I can go ahead and incorporate them as they are now.

EDIT: I should add that I've been also doing work on stories related to Iravelon (most of the stories listed on the site actually are in the same timeline/universe, and have certain influences on the story). I've "discovered" certain things about the background of Iravelon that have helped me flesh out some parts of the story (not changed, but added depth and intrigue). It's crazy stuff, but I don't really want to say a whole lot more for a while yet.

EDIT2: Obviously I have trouble working on just one thing at once. Too many ideas!

This post has been edited by MagusDuality: Sep 4 2012, 11:22 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:

My Projects:

I support:

+Quote Post

Catalyast_chaos
post Sep 10 2012, 01:39 PM
Post #234

Group Icon

hey apologies that its late but here is the latest updates and music ideas for the game - http://snd.sc/QzhbEf

--------------------

\m/ LONG LIVE METAL \m/

+Quote Post

QueeZeR
post Sep 10 2012, 06:33 PM
Post #235

Group Icon

Hello!

Glad you like the Reaye theme!

QUOTE (MagusDuality @ Sep 5 2012, 01:18 AM) *
That said, if you've got any versions of music that you think I can go ahead and use (.ogg format), even if they're not the final final versions, please send 'em my way. That way I can go ahead and incorporate them as they are now.

You can download anything on my soundcloud, if you haven't already.

QUOTE (MagusDuality @ Sep 5 2012, 01:18 AM) *
The game's moving along (I know, I always say that). A certain someone's been gently kicking my ass to get me to work more on it more consistently.

EDIT2: Obviously I have trouble working on just one thing at once. Too many ideas!

Don't worry about it; my "weekly updates" lasted about 2 weeks. My summer job completely wrecked my shit.
Anyway, I've just about settled in at college, getting the classes, home work and spare time balanced up, somewhat.

@Catalyst:
Took a quick listen, keep up the good work!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Catalyast_chaos
post Oct 5 2012, 01:31 AM
Post #236

Group Icon

Hey guys.

Ive written something i intended to use for one of the character themes but im not sure if its best suited for that take a listen and see if it will fit anything your working on or have got in mind Magus. listening back to it again it could be used fro the world map or something like that

What do you Think QueZeer too Epic lol ?

--------------------

\m/ LONG LIVE METAL \m/

+Quote Post

MagusDuality
post Oct 15 2012, 11:36 PM
Post #237

Ste trelim Ete
Group Icon

Wassup folks! Hope everything's going well for you guys. Sorry I continue to be so sporadic with my updates, you guys are the very beacon of patience for putting up with it.

QUOTE (QueeZeR @ Sep 10 2012, 02:33 PM) *
You can download anything on my soundcloud, if you haven't already.

Don't worry about it; my "weekly updates" lasted about 2 weeks. My summer job completely wrecked my shit.
Anyway, I've just about settled in at college, getting the classes, home work and spare time balanced up, somewhat.

Yeah, I've got yours, that's all good. Still working here, though with some changes I've made I'm having to pick and choose what I want to actually show, so as not to spoil too much yet. I've done something interesting that integrates some of my older ideas and makes the story/gameplay mesh a bit more. Also, I'm ganking some resources from RPGVX Ace which will allow for cool stuff to be done with Raeya (mainly, there's a sexy succubus battler sprite in Ace, and I'm totally using it ;D ).

QUOTE (Catalyast_chaos @ Oct 4 2012, 09:31 PM) *
Hey guys.

Ive written something i intended to use for one of the character themes but im not sure if its best suited for that take a listen and see if it will fit anything your working on or have got in mind Magus. listening back to it again it could be used fro the world map or something like that

What do you Think QueZeer too Epic lol ?

Hey Catalyst, I really like the Character Theme, I think we can definitely use that. I've even got some specifics in mind - scenes involving one or two of the major side characters - not party members, but major secondary characters.

On your other tunes, in case I missed any of these:

World Map 4 - I freaking love this version. It just sounds so much more epic than the other World Map tune you've got up there. I really like World Map 2, but this one is definitely superior in my mind.

Airship 3 - No complaints, sounds good.

Game Over - This one's pretty awesome. It's long for a Game Over theme, but I don't mind. I think it could actually be used for more than that too, like maybe a sad/contemplative scene. As always, love how you integrate the main theme in there.

Girl Theme 3 - This one's very nice. I can definitely see some scenes focused on Andrea with this one, which is really important, seeing as she's almost the most important character in the game (especially with the new stuff I've been doing that I don't want to say much about yet).

Temporal Shifter 2 - Okay, now... I've always been fond of that original Temporal Shifter you did, but this... this just blows it away. It's just so much more atmospheric and engrossing, it's epic!

Hey, you guys are awesome! Keep it up!

--------------------

Spoiler:

My Projects:

I support:

+Quote Post

Catalyast_chaos
post Oct 15 2012, 11:53 PM
Post #238

Group Icon

QUOTE (MagusDuality @ Oct 16 2012, 12:36 AM) *
Wassup folks! Hope everything's going well for you guys. Sorry I continue to be so sporadic with my updates, you guys are the very beacon of patience for putting up with it.

hey great to hear from you man glad your keeping ok lol

Hey Catalyst, I really like the Character Theme, I think we can definitely use that. I've even got some specifics in mind - scenes involving one or two of the major side characters - not party members, but major secondary characters.

with regards to the 2nd character plot/seces let us know when youve got them done and ill score to the scene as it will help and ive a better undertanding of whats happening (y) same with any deaths, love scenes

On your other tunes, in case I missed any of these:

World Map 4 - I freaking love this version. It just sounds so much more epic than the other World Map tune you've got up there. I really like World Map 2, but this one is definitely superior in my mind.

Im not really happy with that end section it seems a bit lacking to me, what do you think?

Game Over - This one's pretty awesome. It's long for a Game Over theme, but I don't mind. I think it could actually be used for more than that too, like maybe a sad/contemplative scene. As always, love how you integrate the main theme in there.

ok er.... have you got any inspirations or ideas you've got that might work better for game over or would you prefer i strip it back to bare minimum like in chrono trigger?

Girl Theme 3 - This one's very nice. I can definitely see some scenes focused on Andrea with this one, which is really important, seeing as she's almost the most important character in the game (especially with the new stuff I've been doing that I don't want to say much about yet).

OK fairs doos. anything you dont want to explain here just PM me (Y)

--------------------

\m/ LONG LIVE METAL \m/

+Quote Post

MagusDuality
post Oct 20 2012, 12:02 AM
Post #239

Ste trelim Ete
Group Icon

QUOTE (Catalyast_chaos @ Oct 15 2012, 07:53 PM) *
with regards to the 2nd character plot/seces let us know when youve got them done and ill score to the scene as it will help and ive a better undertanding of whats happening (y) same with any deaths, love scenes

Yeah, when I've finalized everything with the secondary characters, you guys will know. Other scenes too, I'll send you some PMs about what I have right now.

Im not really happy with that end section it seems a bit lacking to me, what do you think?

On World Map 4? I like how the main theme fits in there, but I'm not sure how it'll eventually loop into the beginning. But as long as the loop works, I really think it sounds fine, especially putting in the main theme.

ok er.... have you got any inspirations or ideas you've got that might work better for game over or would you prefer i strip it back to bare minimum like in chrono trigger?

My only worry is that with the Game Over sequence, people might A.) not get a Game Over at all, or B.) they'll just hit "continue" or "load" or whatever and not hear the whole piece. I mean, it's a fantastic piece, and I want to use it, but it's like three minutes long, and I don't think many people would hear it.

So, basically what I'm saying is - I want to use it, but I'm afraid people wont hear all of it if it's used only for Game Overs. A shorter version for Game Over would be fine, but this version could work for some emotional/sad scenes.

OK fairs doos. anything you dont want to explain here just PM me (Y)

PM incoming.

--------------------

Spoiler:

My Projects:

I support:

+Quote Post

Akod
post Oct 20 2012, 12:19 AM
Post #240

Group Icon

Have you thought of having this moved over to Project Development and making a new thread just for the recruitment? You would probably get more people interested in this game if it was in that section. It definitely meets the requirements.

--------------------

Having issues eventing something? Feel free to send me a message and I will see what I can do!

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 05:52 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.