iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Iravelon - Shades of Resonance, Old school, new school, cool school, stay in school
MagusDuality
post Sep 11 2010, 01:30 AM
Post #1

Ste trelim Ete
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Iravelon - Shades of Resonance

Download here - http://www.mediafire.com/?vcgxk6829f0o60c

Ian, Lou, Zuzu, and Andrea are four young people who had been embroiled in a worldwide conflict with a monster horde. For centuries monsters had always been a nuisance, but only in the recent months had there been such a united movement against humanity.

After surviving a massive attack by the apparent monster leader, a mysterious being called Wrath, Ian and co. traveled to three sacred spots in remote areas of the world.
Having grown exponentially in their powers, they journeyed to face Wrath at his fortress. They confronted Wrath, receiving little resistance from his minions.

After an epic battle, they stood victorious over their foe. However, Wrath, though beaten, still maintained control over his abilities. Manipulating the very fabric of space and time, Wrath essentially reset time to a point before he had even begun his conquest of the world of Idavoll.

Being the only one who maintained knowledge of this reset, Wrath would begin to change the course of events in his favor so that Ian and his friends would not only fail to beat him, but be crushed beneath his power.

From this point on, Ian and his friends will be confronted by new foes, not knowing the true nature of the enemy that they face. However, Wrath's own actions will go on to have far greater influence than even he could have imagined.

The world of Idavoll is divided into several continents: Medager, the largest continent; Glameies, the icy continent to the northeast; Esterra, the barren subcontinent to the northwest; Arcusolis, the desert continent to the south; and Steralis, the small snowy island to the southwest. Idavoll itself is fairly small, though it is not an actual planet. Idavoll is a floating world that hovers above the endless oceans of the planet Iravelon.

Medager is the continent from which Ian and his friends hail. Specifically, they come from a riverside town called Ragdim, on the northeast side of Medager. The group will travel through the port town of Merarces in Medager, the town of Aldor in Glameies, and the city of Derelarx in Arcusolis, as well as many other smaller human locales.

Other locations include the Esterran Mountains, the Maginculta Desert in Arcusolis, the Marshes of Doubt in western Medager, the edge island of Torra to the west, and many others.

Idavoll, however, is only part of the setting of the Iravelon series. Iravelon itself is a massive planet composed almost entirely of water. Idavoll is actually an island that hangs in the air over the planet's surface. Several other floating worlds hang in the air above the surface of Iravelon's oceans, though they never have much contact because of the massive distances between them.

Spoiler:

Writers:
MagusDuality
avidgamer09
Dragonmount*

Mappers:
MagusDuality
avidgamer09

Music:
Catalyst_Chaos
QueeZer

Artwork:
Neosky (Title Image and Title Animation)
avidgamer09 (Character edits and recolors)
MagusDuality (Character recolors)

Sprites:
avidgamer09
chilpil7
VIII

Special Thanks:
BulletXt - SwapXT
Vixotic - Map Story Title Script
Diakonos - Battle BG Script
Woratana - Neo Message System

Beta-Testers:
m4uesviecr
flamespeedy

CODE
[url=http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=36292][img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/jediness/Iravelon_Supporter2011.png[/img][/url]

Help Needed

-Spriters (specific - pm me if you're interested)

-Mappers (dungeon design, dungeon-esque areas, detailing)

Thanks for checking out Iravelon - Shades of Resonance!

This post has been edited by MagusDuality: Sep 17 2013, 08:57 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:

My Projects:

I support:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

avidgamer09
post Sep 11 2010, 03:12 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Lawful Good

It's been great so far working with MagusDuality on his project, "Iravelon: Shades of Resonance." I've had fun working on character sprites, character images and some maps for him. An aspect of his project that I really like is his characters - for me, they set the tone of the story. From Ian to Wrath, they all have a history, their own personalities, believable personalities, might I add, and their relationships with one another. This is a reason why I was so enthusiastic and excited to work on his character images and sprites; based on their personalities, I was able to get creative and recolor/redesign his characters to what I believed fit them, and I don't think it's wrong of me to say that he agreed with most of my decisions wink.gif. In regards to maps, well, I simply enjoy making them, using my imagination to put into being what he envisioned.

All in all, his project is an interesting one. The story pulls you right in, being that he tosses you right into the action. As you move along, you discover more things that lead you to ask more questions, and in turn, spend more time trying to figure those things out. Even the setting of his story is unlike what I've seen before - and I've played quite a number of RPGs. It's a new and unique experience; its originality was what pulled me into his project in the first place, and, as I stated earlier, the characters of the story are what got me actively involved. So give it a shot; help him out with his project if you've got ideas, or any interest whatsoever in lending a hand. It's very likely that you'll also find and aspect of his game more appealing than others, an aspect that will hopefully make whatever task you take on even more fun to work on biggrin.gif.

Regards,
avidgamer09

--------------------

+Quote Post

avidgamer09
post Sep 23 2010, 12:40 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Another thing: I'd like to add that Magus has quite a bit planned about his game. He can't do everything on his own - I know, I'm developing a game myself. It's not because I don't want to, but because I can't, because I don't have the ability to do something, like make music, for example. It's the same with Magus. I can't sprite either, and I needed help with that. So I did get help, and boy, it was great to see there were people out there willing to help me out. It sort of spurred me on more to develop my main characters, in fact. So I guess what I'm saying is, I'm sure those who can fill his requests are out there; as I've said, I've helped him out with some character image recoloring and map work, and it was a lot of fun, so I encourage you to help out if you've got the time! smile.gif

This post has been edited by avidgamer09: Sep 23 2010, 12:50 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Catalyast_chaos
post Nov 23 2010, 04:42 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Type: Musician

hey (sorry for posting becuase this is a month old but im interested)

i am interested in writing some music for you game. i find your game quite intrigiting (if thats how u spell it). It does sound like a very dark and evil type of game but still with a type of light hearted fantasy element to it lol

i was wondering what type of music you u require for your different areas. like - orchestral, dance/electronic, rock/metal, atomospheric/abstract experimental. it would certainly help.

t'would be great to hear back from you as i said im very interesting in joining your project and composing music for you.

This post has been edited by Catalyast_chaos: Nov 24 2010, 03:25 AM

--------------------

Currently compossing for:

YOU ARE A FOOL IF U LOOSE ALL HOPE.

\m/ LONG LIVE METAL \m/

+Quote Post

Aigalov
post Nov 24 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #5

Quest for the epic mayonaise
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Neutral Good

'lo, I see that you need some writers for your games. I would be interested to work out some stories with you. My main language is not English so, faults tend to slip in from time to time.

I worked on some projects, but sadly, most of them dint get published (peps gave up and project got left behind)
Soooo!...... I'm looking for a new team to work with.

I won't be able to work full-time (cause of school and hockey) Hockey Ftw <3

So, yea... gime news and I'll give you some samples and other stuff, maybe some cookies, but we'll see 'bout that =3

"I can also voice act a lil"

--------------------
This is me.
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

QueeZeR
post Nov 25 2010, 10:27 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

I would be very interested in writing music for this game.
Here you can listen to "Walking the Surface of a Dead World" as an example. (Though the drumkit in the latter half of the track is quite bad)
If you would like synths rather than sampled orchestra, real guitars etc. that's no problem. I can send more samples if you'd like as well.
If you are interested I would love to work with you.

This post has been edited by QueeZeR: Nov 25 2010, 10:53 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

MagusDuality
post Nov 26 2010, 11:12 PM
Post #7

Ste trelim Ete
Group Icon

Wow, excellent! I'd all but given up hope that I'd get any response on this!

Okay, so:

To all those I've received messages from regarding doing music - I've only heard a sample from one of you, so if you have some samples I'd love to hear 'em. In the interest of applying talent to specific areas, I don't necessarily want to turn anyone down on that front; if I listen and find that I like a certain style someone does better, or if one of you is particularly interested in a certain style of music, maybe I can get multiple influences in on the musical scene here. But first of all, lets get some examples going, just so I can see where we're at. biggrin.gif I know I've already heard some of your work QueeZer, and I'd definitely be interested in hearing more.

Aigalov - At this point I'm not sure specifically what I need help writing, but I know it would have to do with what kinds of interactions the characters have between the major plot points - side stories, background, smaller events that can contribute to the overall plot, but also provide the pivitol role of keeping the player engaged and interested. These types of events are seen in lots of games and include anything from the elements leading up to major plot points to sidequests. This also means coming up with secondary characters that help to fill out the game world and make it more real, more lifelike. I'd need to provide a bit more info on how the world works, but I'll need a bit to get all that organized so I can provide you with some specfic. Also, I'd definitely be interested in seeing some examples.

So, the project as a whole - it's been moving rather slowly over the past couple of months due to my own school and work obligations. It has been moving forwards though. Avid is working on a large map project that's been quite a challenge, whereas I've been doing some more conceptual work on how the world functions (along with work on detailing the world and items/weapons). The completion of these elements will make the completion of the actual work on implementing the rest of the story much easier.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you!

--------------------

Spoiler:

My Projects:

I support:

+Quote Post

Catalyast_chaos
post Nov 27 2010, 10:29 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

hey

ive done a theme for wrath based on your picture you posted

take a listen and tell me what u think

it is in midi atm but if you want it for the gasme tell me and ill re do it using real instruments

wrath theme - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7652264/Wrath%20theme%201.mid

--------------------

\m/ LONG LIVE METAL \m/

+Quote Post

MagusDuality
post Nov 28 2010, 01:37 AM
Post #9

Ste trelim Ete
Group Icon

QUOTE (Catalyast_chaos @ Nov 27 2010, 05:29 PM) *
hey

ive done a theme for wrath based on your picture you posted

take a listen and tell me what u think

it is in midi atm but if you want it for the gasme tell me and ill re do it using real instruments

wrath theme - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7652264/Wrath%20theme%201.mid

Wow, that's pretty freakin' awesome. I think maybe the beginning might be a little long, but otherwise I like it. I'd need to have it long enough to carry on a conversation with, or be loopable. Also, something involving that main melody in a battle tune would be good too, for the battle happening after the cutscene shown in one of my screenshots.

--------------------

Spoiler:

My Projects:

I support:

+Quote Post

Catalyast_chaos
post Nov 28 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (MagusDuality @ Nov 28 2010, 01:37 AM) *
Wow, that's pretty freakin' awesome. I think maybe the beginning might be a little long, but otherwise I like it. I'd need to have it long enough to carry on a conversation with, or be loopable. Also, something involving that main melody in a battle tune would be good too, for the battle happening after the cutscene shown in one of my screenshots.

lol ok np dude erm.... dont supose u could do a video of the wrath coversation/battle becuase it will help lol

This post has been edited by Catalyast_chaos: Nov 28 2010, 08:54 PM

--------------------

\m/ LONG LIVE METAL \m/

+Quote Post

MagusDuality
post Nov 28 2010, 08:44 PM
Post #11

Ste trelim Ete
Group Icon

Ah, yeah, that might be good. Used to have a video of it on youtube, took it down when I changed some things around. I'll get a new one up as soon as I can get some time to record it.

--------------------

Spoiler:

My Projects:

I support:

+Quote Post

Catalyast_chaos
post Nov 29 2010, 10:55 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (MagusDuality @ Nov 28 2010, 08:44 PM) *
Ah, yeah, that might be good. Used to have a video of it on youtube, took it down when I changed some things around. I'll get a new one up as soon as I can get some time to record it.

thats cool dude. also could you write a list of areas that you have planned for your game and how you want them to sound and feel

for example

{
wrath theme - dark, eeire, dramtic, climaxical
castle - (2 types) dark and eeire, light and happy/ non evil( more military march)
}

it would certainly help you in future projects becuase this gives the composer some dirrection and some idea of how you want your game to sound. lol

p.s. this is advice and not an arrogant rant or abuse towards you. sorry if it comes across that way

--------------------

\m/ LONG LIVE METAL \m/

+Quote Post

MagusDuality
post Nov 30 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #13

Ste trelim Ete
Group Icon

QUOTE (Catalyast_chaos @ Nov 29 2010, 05:55 PM) *
thats cool dude. also could you write a list of areas that you have planned for your game and how you want them to sound and feel

for example

{
wrath theme - dark, eeire, dramtic, climaxical
castle - (2 types) dark and eeire, light and happy/ non evil( more military march)
}

it would certainly help you in future projects becuase this gives the composer some dirrection and some idea of how you want your game to sound. lol

p.s. this is advice and not an arrogant rant or abuse towards you. sorry if it comes across that way

Oh no, not at all, I appreciate the input.

Interestingly enough, I actually had this idea earlier today. Was also planning to put up some youtube links to the default music for some of the locations, just to give an idea about the general feel I went with (I say some of the locations because not all of them have music that fits well enough at the moment).

One thing - I apologize in advance if it takes a bit to get some of this done. We're wrapping up the semester here and I've got a pair of major papers, a film project, and a digital presentation on IP law all coming up, then a few exams the week after. I'll do my best to get what I can here, but it might not be top-notch organization or anything. I'll do my best with what time I can pick up here and there though.

Of course, that's only until about December 17, after that I intend to hit development hard for a few weeks at least, on into the next semester (when I don't have near as much going on).

All just fyi. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

My Projects:

I support:

+Quote Post

Catalyast_chaos
post Dec 1 2010, 09:12 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

thats no problem dude. try and do it whenever you can biggrin.gif

in the mean time ill try and write some stuff based on your pictures biggrin.gif

--------------------

\m/ LONG LIVE METAL \m/

+Quote Post

MagusDuality
post Dec 3 2010, 01:38 AM
Post #15

Ste trelim Ete
Group Icon

Okay, got a list. These are broken up a bit, but they're all the locations that I wanted to *potentially* have their own music. It's quite a bit...heh.

Some of the notes I put up might be a bit vague, mainly because it was hard to classify what I wanted. I'll update this when I can with links to the current default tracks in use for some of them.

Let me know if you have questions.

[Locations]

Prologue –

Ragdim (in wartime) – The group’s home town, warm, friendly – however, this version is more militaristic and dark
Wrath’s Castle – Dark, militaristic, climactic
Temporal Shifter – Electronic, strange, dark

Main Story –

- All of these are on the main continent, Medager. Medager is the largest continent, and is mostly grassland and forested areas, lots of coastline. -

Ian’s House – Warm, heroic (not too much so)
Ragdim – The group’s home town, warm, friendly
Lou’s House – Slight variation on Ragdim theme
Megian Forest – mystical, slow, unknown, light with an undertone of darkness
[DUNGEON 0] Megian Catacombs – Dark, watery, echoic, tense
Unnamed Farm – Ranch style
Merarces, the port town – Port town style, lively, fun
Ruins of Merarces Tower – quiet, soft echoes of militaristic, heroic music
Ruins of the Old Kingdom Castle – quiet, soft echoes of a militaristic, royal theme
Ruined Ancestral Monument – quiet, mystical, (will be a version of the theme of a character in a future game)
Western Ranch – Ranch style, more simplistic than the Unnamed Farm
[DUNGEON TWO] Eldermir – swamp area, magical, mournful
Lake Temple – ancient, temple-ish, vaguely magical
Murdoch’s House – quirky, magical, regal

+ All of these are on the snowy continent to the northeast, Glameies (snow, ice, and mountains, also forests). +

Cavum – Slow, melancholy, creepy, ruins of a snowy village
Aldor – light, somewhat melancholy undertones, snowy village
[DUNGEON ONE] Ancient Aldor Mine – dark, echoic, creepy
Mountain Path – snowy area, mildly heroic, generic theme

_The following four are located on the subcontinent of Esterra, to the northwest. Esterra is a ragged, rocky wasteland dominated by a large area of mountains surrounding a massive volcano._

Esterran Castle Ruins – quiet, hollow, echoic, dark
Esterran Mountainside – rough, ragged, rock-ish
Esterran Volcano – similar to Esterran Mountainside, more heated, maybe slower, more menacing
Northern Tower – similar to Esterran Volcano, much slower, more dark, creepy

=The following bunch are located on Arcusolis, the arid desert continent=

Nunajia – desert town, light, arid, spass
[DUNGEON THREE] Maginculta – large desert, slow, dark, bleak
Maginculta Undergound – lower than the desert theme, darker, with an added more complex secondary melody
Derelarx – busy, light, Arabian, friendly, dry, desert city
Arcusolis Watchtower -
Maginculta Pyramid – Arabian, dark, somewhat tech-sounding
Ixion – magical, synth/technology sounding

-These two are located on the southwestern continent of Steralis, an icy, mountainous continent-

Ocean Temple – watery temple theme, slow, dark, but edgy
[FINAL DUNGEON] Resonant Tower – similar to Wrath’s Castle, less militaristic and more magical, smoother

Torra – Asian, strange, lightly creepy - Torra is out by itself, at the edge of the world.

--------------------

Spoiler:

My Projects:

I support:

+Quote Post

Catalyast_chaos
post Dec 4 2010, 11:58 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

hey man ive done an idea for temporal shifter although it could be used for something maybe a dit more creepy i dunno

give it a listen and tell me what u think?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7652264/Temporal%20shifter.mp3

--------------------

\m/ LONG LIVE METAL \m/

+Quote Post

MagusDuality
post Dec 4 2010, 03:25 PM
Post #17

Ste trelim Ete
Group Icon

QUOTE (Catalyast_chaos @ Dec 4 2010, 06:58 AM) *
hey man ive done an idea for temporal shifter although it could be used for something maybe a dit more creepy i dunno

Okay, now that's just cool. That's definitely gonna work. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

My Projects:

I support:

+Quote Post

avidgamer09
post Dec 4 2010, 04:32 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE (Catalyast_chaos @ Dec 4 2010, 12:58 PM) *

Wow. Very cool. That's just... epic. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Catalyast_chaos
post Dec 4 2010, 06:30 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

thanx for the feed back but i shall make it longer and a bit more interesting biggrin.gif

anyway ive done something for the pyramid area

i hope it fits becuase im slightly a bit unsure about it but ill let u be the judge biggrin.gif

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7652264/pyramid.mp3

--------------------

\m/ LONG LIVE METAL \m/

+Quote Post

MagusDuality
post Dec 4 2010, 08:48 PM
Post #20

Ste trelim Ete
Group Icon

Yeah, having a bit more to that Temporal Shifter track would be cool.

I definitely like the pyramid one. It's giving me an idea or two, actually...

Also, just to note that since my list was just of locations, the tracks should probably be loopable. Most of the tracks should loop actually, except for possible musical effects (item finding sound, etc). I only point this out because the Pyramid theme doesn't quite sound like it would work as a loop since it has an obvious sort of ending.

Just something to keep in mind, apologies for not mentioning that earlier.

It's all sounding really awesome so far!

--------------------

Spoiler:

My Projects:

I support:

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 08:08 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.