iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Who can Write the Best Short Story?, A little competition
Who wrote the best short story? You decide.
Which of these is the best?
Obrusnine: A Final Goodbye [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
shadwblitz: Zero [ 6 ] ** [50.00%]
MISTER BIG T: Can a Demon Love? [ 2 ] ** [16.67%]
Kyriaki: Love & Catnip [ 1 ] ** [8.33%]
Jalen: A Call to Action [ 3 ] ** [25.00%]
Total Votes: 14

Obrusnine
post Sep 21 2010, 12:46 AM
Post #1

Writer and Soon Programmer!
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Neutral Good

All of the Submissions are in! Poll in, and we can decide who is best...

Then I'll put up a poll, and everyone will vote who wrote the best story. smile.gif

Here's mine, wrote it a lil while back for Kaylors when I was working on the Next Generation of Heroes (epic fail btw, lol)

Time Left as of last edit for submissions: None
A Final Goodbye
Short Story by Obrusnine

A slight wind blew over the small village of Keithlahem. The leaves in the trees moved slightly. But this did not strike anyone, for they were all sleeping.

But one boy in particular in this village was important. His name was Christopher Winchester. Son of a widower father named John, Nephew of a Spinster Aunt named Marianne, Big Brother of a pretty little girl named Rose, Best Friend of a keen archer named Devon, and girlfriend of a beautiful girl his age named Laura.

The boy of 15 lay in his bed, eyes closed looking at the back of his lids. Tomorrow was his his sixteenth birthday, and he had told everyone he would be leaving the day after so that he could seek a master and learn a trade. But this was untrue. He would have been happy to learn his fathers trade of farming (his father urged him to do just this), but he had told them that he wanted to live a different live. A more fulfilling one.

But just the day before, an old woman came to him. The same that had came to him years before when he was small. She had told him the day she had come the first that he was destined to protect those he loved from harm by the Evil Spirit Morgohad. She had come to him yesterday saying now was the time.

He knew that she spoke the truth for three reasons. The first being that he had been an excellent sword fighter since he had first held one, always a prodigy. The second being that he could see human spirits who remained in this world, for they had not yet parted for the next life. The third and final reason, was that he could take the form of a spirit whenever he wished, leaving his body behind. And when he was in this form, he wore white armor and carried a long sword.

He opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling. It was time to awake, time to say a final goodbye to his family and friends. Final for the old woman had also said that his journey to stop Morgohad would be his last. He would die in the fight to protect the living world. She had shown him visions of the world destroyed by Morgohad, it was not a pretty site.

And so he had vowed that he would protect his family, and vowed that he would protect everyone. He had vowed to become the Protector.

So he sat up. He stood up and dressed, he took a deep breath and exited his room.

Who should I say goodbye to first? Father, Aunt, Sister, Friend, or Girlfriend. He wondered. He decided that he would do it in that order.

He found his father working the fields. Plowing the ground and preparing for the next harvest. He looked to be thinking hard.

€œHello father.€ Chris said.

€œHello Chris. Preparing for the journey huh? I've already prepared a bag of food for you. It's on the table in the kitchen.€ John responded.
€œYeah, about the journey.€ Christ said tentatively.

€œWhat is it son?€ John asked, dropping the plow and grabbing Chris's shoulders. €œWhat is it that you need. You can talk to me about anything.€

€œFather, I'm really sorry that I am forsaking the family trade. It's just that I feel I have a higher calling. And, I may not come back from this journey of mine. So I just wanted to say...€ Chris said tears sprouting from his eyes as he said it and the situation hit him. €œGoodbye.€

Hugging his son, John said, €œIt's OK son. It isn't your fault. I will support you on whatever you do.€ John started to sprout tears as well. €œIt's just, remember that we will always miss you. And we will always keep you in our hearts. Goodbye son.€

Chris stopped his tearing and said, €œThank you dad. I will always remember your words. And just know that I've decided it's to hard to stay any longer. I'm leaving tomorrow. I will not stay for my Birthday celebrations.€

Nodding John said, €œIt's OK. But son, just remember one thing.€

€œWhat is it Father?€ Chris asked.

€œWe will always be with you, right here.€ John said, pointing and Chris's heart.

€œI will remember father.€ Chris said. They hugged once more. Chris waved a silent goodbye, and departed.

Chris walked slowly to the front door of his Aunts house and knocked. When Marianne (or Mary as I'll just call her) opened the front door and laid her eyes on Chris. She immediately waved him in.

€œWhat is it Chris?€ Mary asked.

€œI've come here to say goodbye Aunt Mary. And to tell you that staying here is to painful for me, I'm leaving tomorrow.€ Chris said it quickly. He did not want his Aunt to cry. She had always been nice to him, always been caring to him.

€œI understand Chris.€ Mary said.

Chris walked up and hugged his Aunt Mary.

€œI love you, and I'll always keep you in my heart.€ Chris said.

€œAnd you in mine.€ Mary said, her eye tearing up. But she managed to suppress them, as did Chris.

€œBefore you leave, I need to give you something. Come with me.€ His Aunt said. Chris nodded.

She led him into her bedroom and she dug around in her drawer for something. She then pulled out a small glowing stone. Attached to it was a string with other smaller glowing stones around it. It wrapped around in a loop forming a necklace.
She put it around his neck and said, €œAlways keep this necklace with you, never take it off. It will protect you from evil spirits and bring you good luck.€

€œThank you Mary, sadly, I must now take my leave of you. I have others to say goodbye to. I am sorry.€ Chris said.

€œDo not worry Chris. I will miss you... goodbye.€ Mary said. She hugged him, and he hugged her back. He then left.

He journeyed to the glade where the little kids liked to play. He saw his little sister playing with her friends. He smiled. He loved little kids, how they were so simplistic and... free. Whilst the adults and teenagers were held down by chains that would never break.

He took a deep breath and approached his sister. He addressed her friends saying, €œPlease let me talk to my sister for a moment. I swear I'll give her right back.€

They agreed to his terms and left them alone.

€œWhat is it big brother?€ She asked sweetly. She was only 5.

€œBig brother has to leave tomorrow, and I may never come back. I just wanted to say goodbye.€ Chris said.

€œBut... Big Brother, why do you have to leave? And why will I never see you again?€ Rose asked, crying.

Staying strong for his sister he said, €œDon't worry. I'll always be with you, right here.€ He said pointing at his sisters heart. As his father had done to him. He hugged her.

€œOK Big Brother. Goodbye.€ Rose said.

€œGoodbye Rose.€ Chris said. He left her with her friends fingering the necklace around his necklace.

Devon's house lay atop a hill, Chris relished the climb. He found Devon practicing his archery out back. He fired 5 arrows at once at 5 different targets. All hit the bulls-eye. He didn't pay attention to this though and approached Devon.

€œHi Devon.€

€œHey Chris, prepared for the festivities tomorrow. Before you...€ Devon stopped.

€œI came to say goodbye Devon. I'm not staying for my birthday. It's just to painful.€ Chris said.

€œOh... Well... OK. I guess this is goodbye then...€ Devon said. He reached his hand out to Chris.

Chris took it and they shook.

€œO, this is dumb. Come here buddy.€ Chris said, pulling Devon into a hug.
Devon considered this for a moment and then hugged him back. They both whispered goodbye. And Chris left. He knew that Devon was going to be brief. They didn't want to embarrass each-other. Anyways, they were best friends. Nearly brothers. There feelings could be conveyed through simple words.

There was only one person left to visit, his girlfriend Laura. She lived next to a lake. He walked there, the day was almost over. The sun was setting and he wanted this to be over quickly. The long walks between everyone's houses was tiring. And he needed some sleep before he embarked tomorrow.

He walked through the garden gate and saw her smelling her favorite flower. Chris almost cried, but he stayed strong for her. Just as he had done with his sister.

€œLaura...€ Chris said.

She stood up.
€œChris...€ Laura said.

She kissed him, but he pushed her away.

€œWe can't do this. It'll make this all the more painful.€ Chris said.

€œBut...€ Laura started to so.

€œNo buts. I came here to say goodbye. I've decided that it's to painful to stay here. I'm leaving tomorrow.€ Chris said.

€œBut Chris, your birthday.€ Laura said.

€œTo painful.€ Chris said, he hugged her. €œGoodbye.€

€œGoodbye.€ She said, starting to cry.

Chris walked away before he followed suit.

As he left, Laura said in an almost joking voice, €œNot up for a final night of ecstasy before you leave are you?€

€œUnfortunately not.€ Chris said smiling.

€œI didn't think so.€ Laura said, as Chris disappeared from sight. Then it struck Chris that he still had one more person to say goodbye to. His mother. He doubled back towards Laura's garden. And found that she had went inside. The sun was setting. He grabbed a bouquets worth of flowers from her garden and rushed to the graveyard where his mother lay.

He arrived just as the sun disappeared over the horizon and sat down in front of his mothers grave.

He started to speak, €œI suppose I'll be meeting you again soon. But, nonetheless. I have to say goodbye to you to.€ He put the flowers he had collected on the grave and stood up. €œI'm sorry, but I don't have any powerful speech written. But, goodbye mom. I'll see you soon hopefully.€

He walked away and when he arrived at his house. He climbed in through the window. He lay on his bed and closed his eyes. He was disturbed by the days events, but at the same time he was at peace with himself. Leaving these feelings behind, he fell to sleep. The Final Goodbye completed.

The End

This post has been edited by Obrusnine: Sep 24 2010, 10:20 PM

--------------------
I Am the Project Leader (Lead Writer, Lead Designer) of

Please click this userbar and see if you can lend some valuable insight to the project. Or even join if you can help out with the massive amount of mapping that will be required in this game!

I Am the Lead Writer of...

Various things...
Spoiler:
Various Sayings...
  • The enemy of my enemy is my friend
  • At the end of an infinite road, you will find more road.
  • More to add as I come up with them...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Cyl
post Sep 21 2010, 08:39 AM
Post #2

inactive.
Group Icon

Type: Coder

I believe this would be better off staying in the Literature, Art, & Music section. smile.gif Interesting piece of work by the way.

Moved.

--------------------
One word:
Paradichlorobenzene

(Currently inactive)

+Quote Post

shadwblitz
post Sep 21 2010, 01:56 PM
Post #3

Discotheque ♥ Love
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

I used my short story as proof that I can write in Hanzo's Project Development. Since I'm too lazy to copy it all here, I'll just link it here instead. Its title is Warm Milk.

This post has been edited by shadwblitz: Sep 21 2010, 01:57 PM

--------------------
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Obrusnine
post Sep 21 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (shadwblitz @ Sep 21 2010, 09:56 AM) *
I used my short story as proof that I can write in Hanzo's Project Development. Since I'm too lazy to copy it all here, I'll just link it here instead. Its title is Warm Milk.

An excellent work. Good job.

Although I feel that mine was a small bit better. Ah, but all artists feel like that about their work.

PS: Thanks Cylindrical, I have always had pride for my own work.
Thx for the move as well.

This post has been edited by Obrusnine: Sep 21 2010, 11:55 PM

--------------------

Please click this userbar and see if you can lend some valuable insight to the project. Or even join if you can help out with the massive amount of mapping that will be required in this game!

Various things...
Spoiler:
Various Sayings...

+Quote Post

shadwblitz
post Sep 23 2010, 12:47 AM
Post #5

Discotheque ♥ Love
Group Icon

QUOTE (Obrusnine @ Sep 22 2010, 02:39 AM) *
Although I feel that mine was a small bit better. Ah, but all artists feel like that about their work.

Really? Then I'm not an artist, then. I know when someone's work is better than mine. That's just me, though. I'm really not competitive; I just wrote that for fun. smile.gif

This post has been edited by shadwblitz: Sep 23 2010, 12:47 AM

--------------------
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Obrusnine
post Sep 23 2010, 12:49 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (shadwblitz @ Sep 22 2010, 08:47 PM) *
Really? Then I'm not an artist, then. I know when someone's work is better than mine. That's just me, though. I'm really not competitive; I just wrote that for fun. smile.gif

smile.gif

*shadily asks a question* So does that mean you feel that mine was better then yours, XD (This question can either be taken seriously or not, it's up to you. *shadily finishes asking question*

lol

--------------------

Various things...
Spoiler:
Various Sayings...

+Quote Post

shadwblitz
post Sep 23 2010, 07:35 AM
Post #7

Discotheque ♥ Love
Group Icon

I didn't read yours. I tend to shy away from really long stories. @_@

--------------------
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

MISTER BIG T
post Sep 23 2010, 08:18 AM
Post #8

King of Sadism
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I present to you all a love story by me. It's called; "Can a demon love?"

There I stood, next to my mistress who sat on a throne made out of flesh and bone. The snakes in her head tore another small mammal to shreds. Her red gleaming eyes were watching closely, as the serpent cracked the small animals back before eating it. She gave a smile, which made her snakelike tongue dance on her lower lips obviously unknown to herself.

"Lyniar,“ she suddenly called my name.

"Yes, Mistress Ann?" I answered as I realized that I had just mentioned my deity’s name.

She looked to her side and said the words that hit me like a lightning, "I'm in love.“

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been ages since I had stumbled into that small cave. I had been on a regular walk when I had seen that caving which lead to... Well many could confuse this place as the biblical hell but it was the lair of my soon-to-be mistress, an unholy demon living on earth. The lava that flowed down the walls was causing enough heat to burn the skin of a normal mortal.

However, ever since giving my soul to her, I became immune. I became immune to pain, suffering and sadness as well. I no longer became ill, I no longer felt... Anything. Moreover, throughout years, I finally earned my place to stand on her right side and to call her by her real name. Not Lilith, not Luciant, nothing that would fit for an almighty demon. The name was Ann. A simple, mortal name from the time when she was still a normal human. This honor was granted to only few. It made me feel... Special for the first time in my life.

"Did you hear what I just said?" she asked making me break from my thoughts.

"Yes I did. Who has received such an honor, Mistress?" I replied.

She gave a worn-out smile "Marionette, the angel,“

I was kind of shocked, but I tried my best to hide it.

"But mistress.... She is a female... And a creature of light,“ I started to protest but she stopped me soon.

"You dare to defy my will?" she hissed while her eyes began to glow red.

I immediately fell on my knees "I'm sorry Mistress!" I chanted for few times before I dared to continue,
“I was not questioning you, I was merely wondering what you see in a person such as her...“

Long uncomfortable moment of silence passed between us.

"She makes me happy just by seeing her… A thing that no one else... Has been able to do in aeons,“ she started and for the first time ever, I felt her voice became sad almost as if she would burst into tears... Nevertheless, that could not happen; we immortals had no feelings...

"Mistress…“ I started to speak only to again be interrupted by her.

"Bring me an animal. I am getting hungry,“ she said while looking me directly into my eyes.
I bowed my head down "Yes, Mistress.“

As I walked towards the cages that held rodents, small mammals, and other animals I came to realization that Mistress had just eaten. However, why...Why would she want me to leave her all alone?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rested against my heavy axe and looked at Mistress, who seemed to be caressing the puppy in her hands instead of eating it.

"Does.... Does the meal not please you Mistress?" I asked her.

There was no answer as she continued to stroke the puppy's head.

"Mistress, is something wrong?" I finally dared to ask.

She snapped the creature into half with one move of her arm as she spoke "I want her. Gather our followers and capture her while she’s playing among the flowers."

"As you wish,“ I replied while bowing a little and then hurrying off.

Later that day I saw Marionette playing among the flowers as my mistress had predicted. But with a man. They were talking, having fun, and holding their hands. The utter happiness emitting from them did not leave a thing uncertain. These people loved each other.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a sore taste on my throat, I told my Mistress what I had seen. The glimmer in her eyes.... It was not gone, yet it had changed. It had changed to dark and crimson, like a red wine.

"I.... I see...“ she finally said, as she was finally able to talk. She looked into distance for a long time.

I was about to speak when she told me that she wanted to be alone for some time.

I walked away when I met a servant who seemed to be in a hurry.

"Where are you going?" I said, stopping the small man.

"I have important news for Mistress!" he yelled.

"Mistress is busy. Tell it to me instead,“ I responded.

"The man the angel was with... He was her brother!" he replied.

I was overjoyed to hear this. I ran back to the throne room of my Mistress to tell her she in fact had chance with the little angel. That the two could be a pair, that sh-

The sight that greeted me was my Mistress who had cut her tongue and throat. Moreover, I saw a sight, which I will not forget no matter if I live 2500 years old.

The blood had formed a small heart broken into two.

"To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead. "
-Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970), Marriage and Morals (1929) ch. 19

The end

--------------------

Clenched emotions
'Round my ween
Feel my heart beat
Off and your head in

I feel strongly about violence

Love is a fist

Guy: Who's the big girl?
Me: That's not girl! That's me!

Avatar edited by Master of None, colored by me

+Quote Post

Obrusnine
post Sep 23 2010, 07:20 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (MISTER BIG T @ Sep 23 2010, 04:18 AM) *
I present to you all a love story by me. It's called; "Can a demon love?"

Now THAT, that was just amazing. A perfectly written short story. Very good job, I congratulate you on a work well written. That one is right up there with mine in quality.

--------------------

Various things...
Spoiler:
Various Sayings...

+Quote Post

Super Stick Lyon...
post Sep 23 2010, 07:26 PM
Post #10

Preußischer Generalfeldmarschall
Group Icon

Type: Artist

QUOTE (Obrusnine @ Sep 23 2010, 03:20 PM) *
That one is right up there with mine in quality.

dang, you guys are pretty full of yourselves up in here, ehh?

--------------------
My Projects:

Supported Projects:
Spoiler:

But the age of chivalry is gone. That of sophisters, economists, and calculators, has succeeded; and the glory of Europe is extinguished for ever. Never, never more shall we behold that generous loyalty to rank and sex, that proud submission, that dignified obedience, that subordination of the heart, which kept alive, even in servitude itself, the spirit of an exalted freedom. The unbought grace of life, the cheap defense of nations, the nurse of manly sentiment and heroic enterprise, is gone!

--Edmund Burke

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Sep 23 2010, 07:37 PM
Post #11

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

I agree. You people need to know when to tone down the arrogance...

--------------------

Come join Team Smash today!

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

Check out my tutorial and articles:
How to Write a Story
The Kaptain's Article Dump

+Quote Post

Obrusnine
post Sep 23 2010, 08:03 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Sorry, I am really arrogant. So, no stopping it, tongue.gif

It's not like I decide anyway. It's whoever votes.

--------------------

Various things...
Spoiler:
Various Sayings...

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Sep 24 2010, 12:39 AM
Post #13

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

To be fair, I really enjoyed Mister Big T's story. Very well-written wink.gif

--------------------

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

How to Write a Story

+Quote Post

Thrillhouse
post Sep 24 2010, 01:25 AM
Post #14

8-bit hero
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

-deleted-

This post has been edited by Thrillhouse: Sep 25 2010, 01:47 AM

--------------------

RMVX CIVIL WAR - VX LIBRE!

+Quote Post

shadwblitz
post Sep 24 2010, 12:03 PM
Post #15

Discotheque ♥ Love
Group Icon

Scratch my current entry D:

I found a story I'd written that wasn't rushed. :S

Spoiler:

"Zero" - by Piro / shadwblitz

She was alone in that same room once again. It was one of those dreams that she had almost every night, but only once had it happened in real life.

She was the girl that huddled herself behind the door that separated her from the rest of reality.

Thud. It seemed that there were people outside, trying to force the door open, though it also seemed that she didn't care at all. Actually, she didn't care about what they were doing, or what had happened to them. She didn't care about how these series of events came to be. She didn't care about what was about unfold before her very eyes.

"Help, please..." One of the men outside called out.

"Please, let us in..." another one said.

I too, was not in the presence of the little girl at that time, but I was safe from the danger that was about to strike.

Despite their cries, she simply opted to remain motionless behind the door, sobbing...

It was about to happen. Although she knew that it would cost the lives of many, she wasn't able to do anything to help.

A shrill cry pierced the silence of the night.

Strong winds ruthlessly banged on the windows, and the cold breeze dissipated any sign of heat there was in the room.

The girl shivered in both frost and fear, but remained on the same spot, wondering when this catastrophe would end.

The door suddenly creaked open, inviting a rather chilly gust inside. The girl looked up cautiously; and it was to her horror to see not someone who had the capability to comfort her, but rather a figure of a person in dark robes.

As for myself, I wasn't in my right sense of thoughts, so I had to do what my mind told me to do.

The hooded man was carrying, in his arms, what seemed to be a wounded person. He appeared to be unconscious from the pain caused by a sever case of frostbite. The man trudged towards the bed, and laid the unconscious person down. The girl thought that the ominous figure didn't take notice of her, but she proved herself a poor prophet when he approached her, and brushed his thumb across her cheek.

The hooded person departed soon after, and had never appeared again to the lonely Luserina.

It was clear to me that I had no control of what was happening, but still, if I wished it, maybe I could've...

"...Lucy..."

I faintly recall - that it was only a few hours ago when the light of the sun had rudely invaded her room. She was asleep at that time, and was having the same nightmare, no doubt.

"...Lucy..."

It was from then that I realized my mistake; how stupid I was to not notify her of the fact that all the world's lies would be revealed on that very day.

"..by Aduro; Lucy, get up!"

It had been 13 years since, and the unconscious man had now recovered into the protective father of the small girl.

"Okay, okay, I'm already awake, Papa."

For 13 years, Dion has been living a life of secrecy, not for the sake of concealing himself from those concerned, but for the sake of his daughter's protection.

They were residing in a rather small cottage along the coast in Erimate, a place now renowned for its frozen ruins instead of the poverty-stricken place it once was. It was roughly 13 years ago, when the incident that caused the tremendous climate change happened.

If you ask me, I was surprised how Erimate turned out. As long as I was free, it was alright.

"Papa? I say, who's papa? I warrant, my girl, my name is Dion."

As for the two, each day unwinds like any other; for them to live in a cold, desolate place like Erimate, Dion still manages to pull off their daily needs.

Dion would wake up earlier than Luserina, giving him the time to be able to either cook or gather food; the latter if the time comes that they run out of resources.

Lucy, on the other hand, spends her time learning the various things about witchcraft and wizardry. Though Erimate had suffered a suitable amount of damage, the books in the house they were residing in, mostly about magic, stayed safe.

There were times, of course, when Luserina wondered why they were in such an abandoned place, though Dion would usually promise her to tell her some other time. He distract her with various tales about his mother, his adventures, and adventures that had only occurred in his mind.

With this, 13 years passed by quickly.

"Today's the day fifteen First Blooms passed since your birth! Being the mature adult you are, you need not call me Papa anymore."

Luserina, the once young lass who experienced too much for a person her age has now grown into a quiet, capable, and extremely kind young girl.

I was glad how things turned out. Even though I was close by, I really didn't have the time to observe how Luserina grew into a fine young woman.

"Shall we eat breakfast now? Come, I've made your favorite."

And so, they have seated themselves to one of Dion's most palatable dishes. Even though both of them knew that they were avoiding the topic, they knew still that it was inevitable.

Without looking up from his plate, Dion took the moment's opportunity.

"Now that you're old enough, I guess you'd be able to fend off on your own..." he said in a serious tone.

"...but before you depart, I must impart you with my final tale. I had promised you before, haven't I?"

He looked up, and gazed into her eyes with complete sincerity.

"In a time that was yesterday, today and tomorrow eternal..." he stopped to take a sip from his cup.

“…there was once a little girl, born to the son of thieves who became renowned for his magic. His daughter was of utmost beauty, having locks as bright as morning sun…” Dion stopped for a moment to reach out and caress Lucy’s hair.

She giggled for a bit before asking, “Was she pretty, Papa?”

“Yes, yes she was.” he smiled back at her.

“…her beauty came at a very terrible price, I say.” Dion said, shaking his head in dismay. “…when she was born, she was struck with a dreadful disease that prevented her from living normally. The disease was caused by a horrible curse that no one knew how to get rid off. Fortunately for her, her father was very skilled in magic, and knew how to get rid of the said curse.”

“Was her father able to cure her?” Lucy asked with great curiosity.

“I wouldn’t say that, but…” Dion paused for a moment to think. “…the spell that was able to purge the curse involved using the caster’s purity and sanity as a catalyst. As a result, the caster only had a small chance to survive, and even then, the person would have become insanely evil.” he explained. “Now back to the story, the girl’s father was fully aware of this, and because he loved his daughter more than himself, he decided to do it.” he continued.

Dion had abruptly paused once more and looked at Lucy in her eyes. “But I need to tell you one important detail before moving on.”

Luserina was confused by what Dion said, but allowed him to continue anyway.

“The little girl in the story, my child, is you.” Dion said in a caring voice.

She was puzzled. “Papa, it can’t be. You aren’t a ma-” she was rudely cut off.

“I’m not your real father.” Dion asserted, calmly.

Taken aback, Lucy was speechless. Somehow, she knew he was serious.

“Your real father was, as I said, a talented magician. He goes by the name of Piro Montague, a dear friend of mine. Now, if you please, allow me to go on with my story.” he smiled back.

Lucy was still shocked, but was able to manage a small nod.

“Well, anyway, knowing the consequences of the spell, he still continued; it seemed that he valued you more than his own life. However, the worse came to worst. Despite the fact that your father was able to live, he was, as expected, consumed by the darkness. Shortly after the incident, he disappeared. Everybody thought that he would never return, but we were wrong. Roughly two years later, he returned. I was able to talk to him for a moment, and it seemed that the darkness had taken refuge under his childhood memories. He had returned for revenge. I’m sure you’re aware of the Big Freeze, right?”

Lucy, who was now taking in everything slowly, managed to reply a small, “Yes, I know.”

“Well, your father’s what caused it. We were living here all these times since they accused me of helping him. As for myself, I rather stay here with you safe, than to venture out were no one knows what’s bound to happen. I don’t blame him; it was my fault for trying to stop him. I almost ended up killed, but for some odd reason, he still remembered not to kill me all the way. When I awoke, I found myself in this very house, with you.” he ended as he brushed his thumb across her cheek.

Luserina was holding back her tears when Dion spoke again.

“I need to show you someone as well. Follow me.”

Both of them stepped out of the cottage, and made their way to a small clearing in the middle of one of the nearby forests, where I was to be found. They were both silent as they strolled through the snow-covered pine trees; Dion knew that Luserina needed the time to absorb everything.

They finally arrived; my true friend that I wouldn’t exchange for anything in the world, alongside my most precious daughter.

“Papa…” she meekly said.

She ran towards me and dropped to her knees, crying.

I believe that it was the most spectacular scene I have ever witnessed, as her tears gracefully descended down on my gravestone.

This post has been edited by shadwblitz: Sep 24 2010, 12:05 PM

--------------------
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Kyriaki
post Sep 24 2010, 06:11 PM
Post #16

Reviewer
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

There was not a story in this thread that I read and did not like, they are all very good but I wanted to comment before my entry, if I may. Feel free to disregard!

@Obrusnine
Hehe, for someone so arrogant about their work there are quite a few errors in your story. ^^;

@Mister Big T
Wickedly delightful, it reminds me of your avatar for some reason!

@Thrillhouse
Very cute and simple, had me giggling to the end.

@shadwblitz
My goodness that was beautiful, the last line certainly made me gasp a bit.

Because of my love for polls, I have decided to join with a story I never really got around to working on so I put something together real quick since I discovered this thread only this morning, haha. I am quite fond of the premise and this might be a little long, but I hope you enjoy it!
Spoiler:

Love & Catnip

by Kyriaki

No, no, no - this was not happening. The door to Nicholas Cartier's apartment was wide open, yet everything was properly in place except one very noticeable thing. An adorable young catgirl sitting in the middle of the living room floor, staring up at her brand new master. She was absolutely lovely: milky white skin, large emerald green eyes, and strawberry blonde hair that tumbled down to her waist in half ringlets, were all topped off by black short-furred feline ears and tail. These particular half-human, half-animal beings that were looked down upon as not even being made from a human base were originally used as test subjects; but as they became widely accepted a new domesticated line was made available for use as pets to only the extremely wealthy, of course. If anyone else would have received her in all of Diamond City they would have been overjoyed and forever grateful to the person who gave it as a gift out of the goodness of their heart. Anyone else, that is, except Nicholas Cartier.

He was not at all welcoming to the situation, not so much as stepping into his own apartment. His suitcase had fallen to the floor, papers sprawled out into the hallway as he stared back at her, his gaze smoldering as only one thing consumed his entire thought process. The clear memory of Stuart Ferguson - his only friend who ironically was also his boss's son - mentioning cryptically the present that he would enjoy immensely when he got home, adding a suggestive wink and grin. You see, Nicholas Cartier was never fond of surprises. He was the kind of man that relished greatly things that were in a timely and orderly fashion and most of all his personal space was of utmost importance. These things that Stuart Ferguson could never respect made him a mortal enemy.

Nicholas knew he would not like Stuart the first time he laid eyes on him, yet the spoiled brat took a liking to him the moment he tried to avoid him. The only reason he even still talked to him was because he liked his job and did not want to get on his boss's bad side. But as he stood there fuming over Stuart Ferguson's very existence he realized that he was probably the only one in the entire office that actually talked to the man outside of official matters. He was just calming down when he felt a pair of hands clasp softly around one of his which only made him tense up and pull away sharply.

"Do you at least have a name?" he asked as he began to pick up his papers but after a long moment of silence he stopped to look up at her. "Great... you don't talk." His harshness had not subsided even as he kept looking at her, whereas someone else would have melted at the sight of her pleasant heart-shaped face and endearingly vacant gaze. He simply huffed and finished cleaning up, walking past her into his apartment. "Well? Come on." to this she responded immediately, following after him without any sort of hesitation.

"So, you understand english?" he was just met with silence again, not a nod or a shake of the head to which he concluded she only responds to commands. He looked thoughtfully at her for a moment, noting her elegant but short brown lace dress, little black bows tied around the end of her tail and a part of her hair. She could only look at him affectionately, seeming especially enamored with his face. With good reason too, even if he was a particularly shrewd man, he was handsome to a fault. Fine chin-length black hair with messy bangs that partially obscured his dark blue eyes, and fair slightly tanned skin, he stood a good foot above her making her only 5'2" by his estimate.

Before he could attempt to communicate with her anymore his phone rang. There was only one person that called him as his family had abandoned him for his hermetic ways long ago, he let his hand linger on the receiver a little bit before picking it up and holding it silently to his ear, "How ya liking her, Nick?!" Stuart Ferguson.

"What is there to like? She doesn't talk."
"So? That's what makes them great! Can do whatever you want to them without a peep!"
His stomach turned, Stuart was as insufferable as ever. "I don't make enough money to keep her. Take her back."
"Don't worry about it, I got you covered! You just gotta pay for the little things. Like clothes and food and stuff, if that's your thing."
Nicholas was growing impatient, even though he too viewed these abominations as nothing more than a waste of space and money, he at least felt they were worth more attention than being a simple play thing. "Hey, so anyway, I thought we cou-" Stuart was cut short by Nicholas hanging up on him.

When he turned from the phone the catgirl was still staring up at him, bright eyed and attentive but all he offered her was a glance before sitting down on the couch at the center of the living room. There next to him was a box wrapped in sea-foam green wrapping paper held neatly together with a red ribbon. He stared at it for a moment before placing it in his lap and untying the ribbon, as he did so the box fell open to reveal a small stack of papers on top of a number of sample boxes of major food company brands of pet food for cute little catgirls and catboys.

Without him saying anything the catgirl came and sat next to him, but he was far too engrossed in the neon bright paper at the very top of the small stack that read, "Congratulations! Welcome to the world of keeping a Nekomimi! Say hello to Julia!" He arched a brow, "Julia, huh?" Her ears perked and her arms came around one of his and for the first time she nodded, only it was caught in a nuzzle against his arm. This time he did not chase her away, he even smiled a bit and continued to go through the things from the box. It explained how they did not age properly and had to be turned in when one could no longer care of them, but that they can form an unhealthy dependence on their masters, etc. It also noted things that were illegal: one is not permitted to kill their nekomimi or have an intimate relationship with one. So what exactly what Stuart going on about? Of course, the rich always did lead their own versions of life.

Before Nicholas knew it, Julia had fallen asleep against his arm, clinging tightly and for whatever reason he felt he should not disturb her. Very carefully, he leaned back against the couch and watched her sleep and for a moment he felt that maybe this situation was not so bad after all. Perhaps he really did need her companionship and that just maybe he may one day find himself liking her a great deal more than he originally planned.

The End!

--------------------
.: Current Project :.

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Sep 24 2010, 06:30 PM
Post #17

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

Meh. I won't be able to enter this. Next time I see a writing contest (an official one, maybe?), I'll be sure to write something. Good luck to everyone entering wink.gif

--------------------

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

How to Write a Story

+Quote Post

Obrusnine
post Sep 24 2010, 06:47 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

It was my first draft, stop complaining about errors, It was still well written, -.-

--------------------

Various things...
Spoiler:
Various Sayings...

+Quote Post

Obrusnine
post Sep 24 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Thrillhouse, I can't add your story to the poll with it having no title.

--------------------

Various things...
Spoiler:
Various Sayings...

+Quote Post

Super Stick Lyon...
post Sep 24 2010, 06:54 PM
Post #20

Preußischer Generalfeldmarschall
Group Icon

Type: Artist

don't double post. You should know better.

--------------------
My Projects:

Supported Projects:
Spoiler:

But the age of chivalry is gone. That of sophisters, economists, and calculators, has succeeded; and the glory of Europe is extinguished for ever. Never, never more shall we behold that generous loyalty to rank and sex, that proud submission, that dignified obedience, that subordination of the heart, which kept alive, even in servitude itself, the spirit of an exalted freedom. The unbought grace of life, the cheap defense of nations, the nurse of manly sentiment and heroic enterprise, is gone!

--Edmund Burke

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 02:26 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.