iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
176 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [ RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System v3.4e & ATB v1.2c ], Battle System by Enu (Update: July 10, 2011)
Rating 4 V
Mr. Bubble
post Aug 1 2008, 04:48 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System Version 3.4e & Active Time Battle v1.2c
Battle System Scripted by Enu
See Credits at bottom for more information.

Link to the script's original site: ( http://rpgex.sakura.ne.jp/home/ )

This English translation is officially approved by the Japanese creator of this script, Enu.

Screenshots
Spoiler:

THIS SCRIPT IS NOT NEWBIE FRIENDLY.
If you are an RPG Maker newbie, this script is not for you. If you "just got RPG Maker" and you have absolutely no idea how anything works, know that that you can read the help guide by pressing F1 in your project editor. You can also read The Official Unofficial FAQ/Bible to RPG Maker VX which answers most the basic and commonly asked questions. It is highly recommended that you learn the basics of the project editor itself before you tackle this complex Sideview script.

95% of errors that are reported about this script is caused by user error or script incompatibility. This means that if you get an error, there is a very high chance that the error is your fault. Make sure you are updated to the latest version of the SBS scripts, and also thoroughly read through the comments within the scripts. There is also a FAQ near the bottom of this post. Feel free to post if you need help, but please read and follow the Issue Reporting Guidelines at the bottom of this post!

Use the topic search located at the bottom of the topic page! I don't expect you to read the entire topic, but I expect you to search the topic! If you are new to this script, more likely than not your question has been asked multiple times and already answered in this topic. There is also a FAQ in this post.

Installation
THIS SCRIPT IS NOT PLUG & PLAY. PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE README PROVIDED IN THE DEMO'S SCRIPT EDITOR.

How to install - Installation instructions are located in the README, the first script listed in the Script Editor. Please note that to fully incorporate this script into an existing game requires copying image files and game database entries. If you do not know what the Script Editor is, read the FAQ at the bottom of this post.

If you are having trouble installing the SBS into your game, you can read this visual guide: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=20646

Download
Please get the scripts from the demo and read the installation instructions in the README of the demo.

SBS Latest Changes (applies to all demos)
Previous change notes are recorded in the demo's script editor.
Sideview version updated to v3.4e. ATB version remains unchanged.

CODE
  SBS3.4e Changelog
  ++Overall++

The Help window will no longer be blank when selecting a dead actor.

The Help window has been slightly remodeled and will now show
  state icons instead of state names. Previous bug should hopefully
  be fixed now.

Added slight "compatibility" for KGC_LargeParty. There should be no
  more "invisible" actors in battle unless you forget to add more
  coordinates for any members above 6.

[SBS] Battler Configuration has been modified to put more emphasis on
  using Notetags. This means Tankentai will no longer reserve skill IDs
  state IDs for example action sequences. There are some exceptions
  such as the Incapacitated state.

Fixed a bug where the Help window would stay on screen if a Force
  Action was used on Turn 0.

Notetags for Tankentai has been updated to v1.2. I've fixed the issue
  with states that have more than one slip damage tag that were not
  being read

Example of the "new" help window:

Very minor fixes. I think the most important thing with this update is that most of the skills are no longer reserved in the script aside from the union skill examples in the ATB. Example action sequences are assigned by notetag now.

Since this was a rather rushed release, please let me know if you encounter any errors as usual.

Edit: Also, the tags <hide hp> and <hide states> now work in enemy noteboxes again.

This is the only official English Tankentai Sideview topic on the internet. If you are using an English version of Tankentai that you downloaded elsewhere, it is very likely you are using an outdated version.

There is no reason to use any SBS version below 3.4. All SBS versions 3.3 and below have a game-breaking bug that has since been fixed in 3.4.

Download the Standard demo here! ( http://www.mediafire.com/?p7bbie9b049qf4y ) - July 10, 2011
The Basic demo contains the bare essentials for running the Sideview Battle System. Several add-ons are included.

Download the ATB demo here! ( http://www.mediafire.com/?ldqw5vjvqflo1s9 ) - July 10, 2011
The ATB/Notetag demo contains the ATB along with examples of Notetag usage. Notetag example can also be used for the basic demo and maybe the Kaduki demo, I just didn't want to make yet another demo for that.

Download the Kaduki Battlers demo here! ( http://www.mediafire.com/?4a9bar02m36wktq ) - July 10, 2011
The Kaduki battlers demo is a special configuration designed to utilize a unique battler format made by Kaduki. The ATB scripts are also included, but are completely optional. Take them out if you want. This demo was made by Night'Walker. Kaduki's sprites and other artworks from his website cannot be used for commercial game projects! For more information, read the respective spoiler below.

What's the difference between all these demos?
Spoiler:
These demos showcase the various configurations that can be done with Enu's Sideview. The "basic demo" is essentially the barebones of this script with several small add-on scripts for enhancement. Every other demo besides that shows the possible customization that can be made with this script.

Compatibility Patches
Please remember to give proper credit for whichever patch you use. Patches listed here are unofficial meaning they are not made by KGC or Enu.

Shanghai's YERD Compatibility Patches
( http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=16665 ) - Topic Link
- Are you using any YERD scripts by Yanfly, but you find that some of them aren't compatible with the SBS? Check out Shanghai's topic to see if there's a compatibility patch for you.

KGC_EnemyGuide
Attached File  moonlights_kgc_enemyguide_patch.txt ( 1.74K ) Number of downloads: 1995
- Compatibility patch for KGC_EnemyGuide by Moonlight will properly mark killed enemies as defeated. Updated 2/25/09 by Moonlight to fix compatibility when using boss collapse animations.

KGC_HelpExtension and KGC_CategorizeSkill for ATB
Attached File  kgc_categorizeskill_and_helpextension_patch_for_atb.txt ( 6.9K ) Number of downloads: 1190
- ATB only compatibility patch for KGC_HelpExtension and KGC_CategorizeSkill by Moonlight, AlphaWhelp and Mr. Bubble. This patch is designed to work whether you use HelpExtension, CategorizeSkill, or both at the same time. This patch is only for the ATB. Both of those KGC scripts will already properly work with the basic Sideview. Updated 6/17/09 with a bug fix and aesthetic changes.

Moonlight's KGC_Steal Patch
Attached File  moonlights_kgc_steal_patch_3.4.txt ( 2.88K ) Number of downloads: 1268
- Moonlight's compatibility patch for KGC_Steal will properly execute an action sequence when using a steal skill. This patch should be placed below the Sideview scripts and KGC_Steal. Updated July 1, 2010

Mithran's Force Action Fix for ATB
Mithran's Force Action fix has been incorporated into the core ATB script. If you are using ATB version 1.1h or higher, you do not need Mithran's force action patch anymore.

blackmorning's Enemy Hue Change Patch
blackmorning's script has already been incorporated into the core SBS scripts. You do not need this if you are using SBS version 3.3d or above.

CrimsonSeas' Animation & Reflect Fix

Currently not compatible with 3.4a

( http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=23891 ) - Topic Link
This script is originally only for making 'Screen' animations play where it should be played during battle; either enemy's area or party's area. But while I'm fixing this script, I found another Tankentai bug in reflect processing; it's too simple, only making the reflected skill always hits back once to the caster. What if you cast Heal on yourself while on Reflect? It still heal you! And if you happen to hit more than once with multi-hitting actions, it will be reflected only once even if you hit 100 times. This script fixes that; no more healing yourself while on reflect and it has an option to make multi-hitting actions reflected multiple times.

Add-ons:
Add-ons listed here will generally work with any setup unless otherwise noted.

CrimsonSeas' Skill Activation Scripts for Tankentai SBS
( http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=22892 ) - Topic Link
CS' script allows for Overdrive-inspired button inputs from Final Fantasy X specifically for the Tankentai SBS. See link for more details.

CrimsonSeas' Targetting Extended for Tankentai
( http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=23910 ) - Topic Link
This skill extends how targetting works in your game. Ever want to slash your teammate away or heal your enemies? Or do you want to be able to shift single targetting skills/items to target all? You can do both with this script.

AlphaWhelp's Haste & Slow States for ATB v1.0
Attached File  alphawhelps_atb_haste_and_slow_states.txt ( 6.97K ) Number of downloads: 1481
- Original Post: ( http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?s=&...st&p=103586 )
Major bug fix update 5/28/09. If you are using an older version, it is highly advised that you update to v1.0.
This add-on is only for the ATB. Please remember to read the add-on's directions.

Kylock's Dynamic Party Positions
Attached File  kylocks_dynamic_party_positions.txt ( 3.61K ) Number of downloads: 1449
- Original Post: ( http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index....mp;#entry265052 )
This add-on by Kylock will change actor positions in battle depending on how many party members are participating in battle. Position coordinates can be customized in the script. This script should be placed below the Sideview scripts. If you are using KGC_LargeParty, place the LargeParty script BELOW this add-on. DOES NOT WORK WITH THE ATB.

FAQ

I get the error "Failed to load actor data" when I try and open the demo.
Spoiler:
Extract the contents of the zip before you open the Game.rvproj, dumbass.

Why do my battlers look like this?!
Spoiler:
You need to create a character graphic file that supports only 1 character like this

Remember that you need to put a $ at the beginning of the file ( $ralph.png ). Then you must reassign the actor to this file in your Database under the Actors tab. You cannot assign a Character Graphic to an actor from a character sheet with 8 different actors on it.

Where is the readme located? Where are the scripts located? I looked everywhere! I'm really, really new to RPG Maker VX!
Spoiler:
Yes, this is a question those who JUST got RPG Maker VX ask. If you have to ask this question then you're definitely not ready to use this script. Try looking more carefully to avoid asking questions like these. tongue.gif

All scripts and readme are located in the Script Editor. Hit F11 in your project editor or hit the button seen in the picture below. Read the Readme carefully because you're on your own on that. tongue.gif

I also recommend reading and bookmarking this if you are very new: http://rpgmakervx.wikia.com/wiki/The_Offic...icial_FAQ/Bible

What does 'Tankentai' mean?
Spoiler:
'Tankentai' literally means 'exploration group' in Japanese. Enu, the original scripter of the Sideview script, has a blog called RPG Exploration Group (or RPG Tankentai). Enu's blog talks about and explores various RPGs and invites his readers to send him comments which Enu replies to. Thus, the Sideview script is named after Enu's website/blog.

"How do I make animated enemies like the actors?"
Spoiler:
See enemy noteboxes in a demo.

What is an Enemy ID? How do I know what it is? What about Weapon ID, Actor ID, etc.?
Spoiler:

An ID refers to the number corresponding to an entry in your Database. These numbers are utilized in a variety of scripts.

How come my enemies/actors aren't playing an animation/sound effect when they attack?? I installed the everything correctly!
Spoiler:
Despite what you may think, you did not install correctly.

Your enemies aren't playing an animation with their attacks because you did not install from the demo to your own project correctly. By default, the SBS uses animation ID 82 from the demo's database for actor and enemy unarmed attacks.

You can also change the default animation ID by changing the NO_WEAPON constant in the SBS Configurations script to whatever other animation ID you want:

CODE
  # Animation ID for any unarmed attack.
  NO_WEAPON = 82

Remember to read the README and other script comments because this is one of those newbie questions you could've answered yourself!

Attached File  Actor4_sample.gif ( 1.61K ) Number of downloads: 73
What are Kaduki Battlers? Where can I find more from Kaduki? What is the Kaduki Sprite format?
Spoiler:
What are Kaduki battlers?
Kaduki battlers refers to a particular style and format of sprites which are meant to be used with the RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System. You can find Kaduki’s resource site here: http://usui.moo.jp/rpg_tukuru.html

Why is it called “Kaduki”?
Kiyoto Kaduki (香月清人) is the name of the creator of this particular type of sprite format and he created the script edits that allows these sprites to be utilized by the Tankentai SBS. Thus, it is named after him.

A detailed guide about the Kaduki format can be found here: http://mrbubblewand.wordpress.com/2009/06/...battler-format/

Kaduki's original resources can be found at http://usui.moo.jp/rpg_tukuru.html
DO NOT USE KADUKI RESOURCES FOR COMMERCIAL GAMES!!

Why do I get this error?

Spoiler:
If you get this error, it means you're using the Kaduki or IAB SBS Configuration and one of your actors does not have a character graphic.

Look at the image above. If the actor's Character Graphic is set to (None), then you will get that error. All you need to do is make sure your Kaduki actor has a Character Graphic assigned to it before it enters battle.

How do I make a gun weapon animation for my characters?
Spoiler:
Step #1: Check if you have the Premade Action Sequences script installed in your game. If not, find it and install it.
Step #2: Add the tag <action: GUN_ATTACK> to the notebox of the weapon of your choice.
Step #3: Save your project.

How do I get rid of the HP gauge and/or state display of enemies in the help window at the top of the screen?

Spoiler:
First of all, you need to read the comments in the script that you use. This is one of those kinds of answers that you can find on your own.

If you are using the SBS without ATB, the enemy HP gauge is made in the Enemy Gauge Add-on. Read the configuration comments in that add-on. That is where you can control if enemy HP gauges and states show or not.

If you are using the SBS with the ATB, then the HP Gauge Add-on is built into the core ATB script. Look in the ATB Configurations script for a section called ● HP Gauge Display and Status Display Settings. It is the same exact configuration as the HP Gauge add-on for the SBS without ATB. Read the comments.

What is the Minkoff pose format for each row?
Spoiler:
From top to bottom:

#0, Ready/Waiting - When battler has a normal condition and is doing nothing.
#1, Struck/Damaged - When battler is damaged.
#2, Critical HP - When battler is in critical condition (less than 25% HP).
#3, Defend - When battler uses the Guard command
#4, Charge - When battler approaches the enemy/target.
#5, Retreat - When battler moves away from the enemy/target.
#6, Attack - When battler attacks.
#7, Item - When battler uses an item.
#8, Skill - When battler uses a skill.
#9, Victory - When battler wins a battler
#10, Defeat - When battler is incapacitated (0 HP).

Please note that this is the 11-row format of Minkoff which is the proper format utilized by the IAB configuration. There is a 10-row Minkoff format that exists, but 10 rows will not work with IAB.

Is the SBS compatible with <insert script here>?
Spoiler:
Do you really need to ask this question? Test it yourself. People who ask this question in any topic are lazy.

"I got this error, what does this mean:

Script 'Sideview1' line 480 (or 484): NoMethodError occurred

undefined method '' for nil:NilClass" "
Spoiler:
It means that you are loading from an old game save. Always use New Game whenever you add something new to your project especially if it's a script.

I killed an enemy, but the enemy sprite is still on screen. It either doesn't do anything or it will still attack me.
Spoiler:
If this issue happens, it's not because of the Sideview script. There's a couple reasons this will happen:

1) You deleted the first state from your database (Incapacitated). You are not supposed to delete this state, nublet. If you still have this state, see #2.

2) The enemy is marked as Immortal in your Troop window.

Attached File  immortaldumb.jpg ( 28.18K ) Number of downloads: 349

Simply Right-click the enemy in question and uncheckmark the Immortal option of the enemy.

3) This is apparently a bug that is inherently caused by VX itself, not the Sideview script. This is an explanation by Yanfly:

In the event that a state is applied to a monster and that monster dies, if the state’s timer runs out, a message appears that the monster is suddenly cured of poison or whatever. Not only does the message appear, the monster’s sprite reappears in battle, too. The monster, however, is not selectable.

You can download the script patch to fix this glitch here:

http://pockethouse.wordpress.com/2009/05/1...y-reappear-fix/

Also, when you create a state, you're supposed to decide whether you want it canceled when an actor becomes Incapacitated.

I'm using Enemy Animated Battlers, but the monster appears off-screen/too high in battle. What do I do to fix it?
Spoiler:

Due to the script, large battler sheets cause enemy battlers to be offset from where you want them to be in battle. However, it is possible to reposition the battler's coordinates to where you want it to be.

If the enemy is appearing misplaced, what you need to do now is go into the Enemy Animated Battler add-on in your script editor. In that add-on, there should be a section titled * Enemy Screen Positioning Adjustment.

This section will allow you to correct the coordinates of the battler. Depending on the size of the animated sprite, you will need to adjust the Y-value using a large number. The value is the amount of pixels the battler will be adjusted. REMEMBER TO SAVE BEFORE GOING INTO BATTLE TEST!!!

When a skill it used the animation plays the bow animation. Why?

OR

When I use a skill, it uses the last animation listed in my database. Why?
Spoiler:

Do not use "Same as Normal atk" as an animation for your skills under the Skills tab in your Database. If you do, the skill will use the very last animation listed in your database when you use that skill. You can use any other animation besides "Same as normal atk".

Why are my enemies in the wrong position and lined up in a row like for the default battle system? Why aren't they on the left side?
Spoiler:
You're an idiot.

Display Victory Aftermath isn't working well with the special boss collapse animation. What do I do to fix it?

or

How do I make Display Victory Aftermath compatible with the SBS?
Spoiler:
You need to place Display Victory Aftermath ABOVE the Sideview scripts in the script editor list.

How do I get KGC_LargeParty or Dargor's Large Party script working with the Sideview with more than 4 party members in battle?
Spoiler:

First of all, I'm not responsible for any errors that would occur in either of these large party scripts whether they are used with the SBS scripts or not.

Here's how you get your party script and the Tankentai SBS working with more than 4 party members.

For whichever large party script you use, this first step is the same:

CODE
  # Battle member starting positions
  #                   X   Y     X   Y     X   Y     X   Y
  ACTOR_POSITION = [[415,120],[435,150],[455,180],[475,210]]
  # Maximum party members that can fight at the same time.
  # Remember to add/remove coordinates in ACTOR_POSITION if you adjust
  # the MAX_MEMBER value.
  MAX_MEMBER = 4

MAX_MEMBER's value must be the same as the value you set in your large party script.

In the ACTOR_POSITION array, you need to add in enough coordinate pairs to accommodate the size of your party. For example, if I wanted the max party to be 5 in battle, I would go into whatever large party script you're using and change the max member value in there to 5. Then I would make "MAX_MEMBER = 5" and ACTOR_POSITION to be:

CODE
  ACTOR_POSITION = [[415,120],[435,150],[455,180],[475,210],[490,240]]

If you are using Dargor's Large Party script:

CODE
module Large_Party
  # Maximum number of party members
  Max_Members = 6
  # Extra actors (ID) for Battle Test
  BTEST_Extra_Actors = []
end

In Dargor's script, Max_Members must have the same value as MAX_MEMBER.

If you are using KGC_LargeParty:

Go into KGC's script and make sure MAX_BATTLE_MEMBERS is the same value as MAX_MEMBER in the SBS Configuration script.

CODE
  #                  ◆ Maximum Party Members (In Combat) ◆
  #  Allows you to choose how many actors may participate in a battle.
  MAX_BATTLE_MEMBERS = 5

Party switching in battle works with the basic Sideview script, but won't work with the ATB script. To make the ATB have no issues with KGC Large Party, go into the large party script and find USE_BATTLE_PARTYFORM and make it false.

CODE
  #  This toggle allows you to enable/disable the Party Formation option while
  #   in combat.
  #   This option is added under the "Run" or "Escape" command.
  USE_BATTLE_PARTYFORM   = false

If you are using the ATB, you need to do one more step!

In ATB Configurations, look for this section:

CODE
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ● Actor ATB Gauge Positions (Applies only if ATB_POSITION_HPWINDOW = true)
  # Individual Positions: Actor 1   Actor 2   Actor 3   Actor 4        
  #                       X  Y,     X  Y,     X  Y,     X  Y
  ATB_PARTY_POSITION = [[158,318],[158,342],[158,366],[158,390]]
  # Please remember to add/remove coordinates whenever you change MAX_MEMBER

You need to add an extra pair of coordinates to ATB_PARTY_POSITION array. These coordinates define where ATB gauges are placed. If you do not add more coordinates for each member, you will get an error on line 1550 or around it.

I'm using KGC_Counter with the Tankentai SBS, but why aren't my counter states working?
Spoiler:
KGC_Counter is not compatible with the SBS. Period.

How come KGC_Overdrive isn't working properly with the SBS/ATB in my project? How come my Overdrive gauges aren't showing?
Spoiler:

KGC_Overdrive needs to be placed BELOW the SBS and ATB scripts in your script editor.

I put KGC_Overdrive below the SBS/ATB, but my Overdrive bars still aren't showing!

Hey doofus, read the comments in the scripts you use. In the KGC_Overdrive script, there is this section:

CODE
  #                ◆ Hide OD Gauge When Actor Lacks OD Skills ◆
  #  This toggle allows you to hide the gauge if a character has no Overdrive
  #   skills in his/her assnal.
  #  true = Gauge is hidden.
  #  false = Gauge is not hidden.
  HIDE_GAUGE_NO_OD_SKILLS  = true

This means that if your actor does not have any Overdrive skills learned, then the Overdrive gauge will not show. If you don't like how that works, simply set HIDE_GAUGE_NO_OD_SKILLS to false.

But my Overdrive gauge still aren't showing/working properly!

If you are using other custom scripts or custom HUD scripts, there is a chance they are incompatible. There have been many people who use KGC_Overdrive with no problems and KGC_Overdrive has been out for over two years. If you're still having problems, it is likely your fault in some way.

How do you make other enemies have a special boss collapse animation like the Evilking in the demo?
Spoiler:
Remember to thoroughly read through all the comments in the scripts you use. You can answer most questions like these on your own.

For boss collapse animations, look in the SBS Configuration script for this section:

# ● Enemy Collapse Animation Settings
# return 1 (Enemy sprite stays on screen after death.)
# return 2 (Enemy disappears from the battle like normal.)
# return 3 (Special collapse animation.) <- Good for bosses.

I want it to be a melee skill where the user runs up to the enemy, but all the skills I make are like magic skills. How do I make a melee skill?
Spoiler:
Read this post:

http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?s=&...st&p=113944

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SAVE BEFORE GOING INTO BATTLE TEST, NUBLET.

I'm using KGC_SlipDamageExtension, but it doesn't work with the SBS. Is it compatible?
Spoiler:
No, KGC_SlipDamageExtension is not compatible with the SBS because the SBS has its own built-in slip damage extension. Read the SBS Configuration to learn how to create a customizable slip damage state with the SBS.

"I made a heal skill, but my actor attacks himself with his weapon to heal???

OR

I made a skill, but my actor attacks multiple times. Why?"
Spoiler:
You have the Dual Attack, Double Attack and Triple Attack Addons installed. They are meant for the RTP skills provided in IDs 1~3.

You can either delete those addons or make your skill on another skill ID besides 1, 2 or 3.

Where can I find VX resources?
Spoiler:
Not my responsibility.

You're on a forum, look around more. Don't be stupid.

Q: Can I use the ATB script by itself for the default battle system, etc.?
Spoiler:
A: No. The ATB script was built specifically for the RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System.

Q: Script 'Sideview 2' line 208: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method `action' for nil:NilClass
Spoiler:
A: DO NOT INSTALL "Enemy Gauge Addon" with the ATB scripts! The ATB script already has it built in. Installing "Enemy Gauge Addon" will result in this error.

Q: I already have a cursor.png in my Characters folder. Why do I need another one in my System folder?
Spoiler:
A: The ATB uses a three-framed cursor animation rather than two. You can delete cursor.png in the Characters folder if you are using ATB.

Issue Reporting Guidelines
When you have an issue with this script, you need to give as much details as possible. Here is a list of questions that will help me and others help you with your problem. Answer as many as you can!

1: Are you updated to the latest version of the SBS and/or ATB? Each update has been able to fix a number of bugs that existed in previous versions.

2: Did you read the FAQ? If your issue is not solved there, answer the questions below.

3: Did you do a topic search like I said at the top of the first post? I don't expect you to read through all the posts in this topic, but I expect you to at least utilize the topic search function.

4: Which version of the Sideview script are you using? You can find out by looking at the label of either the Sideview 1 and Sideview 2. You must answer this.

5: Which Sideview script setup are you using: Basic, EXTRA, ATB, Kaduki or IAB? You must answer this.

6: What other custom scripts are you using if any? List them ALL! New users tend to think that if an error happens within one script, it is that script's fault. What they don't realize is that it may be caused by other scripts they are using.

7: What was the error message that you received if any? Error messages are important, BUT usually you need more information than just the error message to figure out the actual problem.

8: Can you reproduce your error in the demo you got your scripts from? If you can't, it may be end-user error (i.e. your fault).

9: If you edited any of the Sideview scripts such as the Configurations and received an error, describe what you did before you got the error.

10: If you have issues with skills and you're not sure why they are not executing to your preferences, say the skill ID number of the skills.

11: If you can provide a screenshot of your issue, do post it. Make sure you put it behind a spoiler if it's a big picture. Or else.

If you don't provide enough information, I will ask you to give more details or I will simply ignore you. The more details you give, the more likely someone else can help you as well.

Credits and Terms of Use

### CREDITS ###

Spoiler:
CODE
=begin

RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System & Active Time Battle

Original Script by:
    Enu ( http://rpgex.sakura.ne.jp/home/ )

English Localization by:
    Kylock
    Mr. Bubble
    Shu

Special Contributor Thanks:

The English version of Enu's Sideview has been, all along, a community
    effort to make it as it is today.  I want to thank all RPG Maker forum
    members for reporting bugs and offering solutions to other members of the
    community.  The following list of names are people who have made a
    substantial contribution to the growth of the English version of
    Enu's script:

Mithran (HUGE thanks for taking the time and effort to fix a variety
               of bugs in the SBS and ATB: ATB Force Action, ATB escape
               processing, linked skills and immortality bugs)
      Shu (for translation help)
      Moonlight (for her passionate bug support, many bug fixes, and patches)
      NightWalker (for his community support for this script)
      Enelvon (transformation add-on and support)
      Atoa (community and XP version support)
      AlphaWhelp (code fixes, add-ons, and community support)
      blackmorning (code fix for animated enemy hue change)
      mark paul (ATB code fix)
          CrimsonSeas (SBS add-ons and fixes)
      Kaduki (Kaduki configuration and sprites)
      Enu (for making an awesome script)

Please take these names to heart because without these people, Enu's
  script wouldn't have evolved to the state it is now.

Thank you everyone!  Please enjoy using the script!

- Mr. Bubble

=end

### TERMS OF USE ###

Spoiler:
CODE
=begin

Non-commercial use of the English version of the RPG Tankentai Sideview
  Battle System is completely free.

For commercial/shareware game use, Enu has allowed free use of his Sideview
  and ATB scripts (which I, Mr. Bubble, have confirmed).  You do not need to
  contact Enu for permission.  The scripts with the following labels are
  regarded as free for commercial usage:

SBS Configurations
      Sideview 1 (Any version)
      Sideview 2 (Any version)
      ATB Configurations
      ATB (Any version)
      Enemy Gauge Add-on

Any other scripts that are regarded as, but not limited to, an "add-on",
  "patch", "sideview animation script", or any script that is separate
  from the above listed Sideview scripts falls under the discretion of that
  script's respective author unless otherwise stated.  All older versions
  of the Sideview script also fall under these terms.

Please be respectful of the work and effort the community have put into
  the Sideview and ATB scripts.  Read <Credits> for more information.

=end

### ABOUT KADUKI RESOURCES ###

Spoiler:
Kaduki's site can be found at: http://usui.moo.jp/rpg_tukuru.html

You CANNOT use Kaduki's resources for commercial game projects without his permission.

You can check out my old video demo here: ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1UaeMxGvDA )

--------------------
I no longer support Tankentai.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

banditjackpotty
post Aug 1 2008, 05:06 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Designer

Excellent! I've been waiting for 2.7 for quite some time.

But one question:...nevermind.. i read more thoroughly

This post has been edited by banditjackpotty: Aug 1 2008, 05:07 AM

+Quote Post

Blank
post Aug 1 2008, 05:31 AM
Post #3

Lord o' Death <BLANK>
Group Icon

Thats pretty wierd that he left...Well good luck on continueing it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

NightWalker
post Aug 1 2008, 07:37 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

God thanks Mr. bubble!
I was making some editions and new actions sequences but some comments were in japanese and I could not understand.
Thanks very much!
I hope that you make it 100% translated!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Vanisher
post Aug 1 2008, 01:03 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Um, Mr. Bubble, I have a question.
Could you try translate this script and add it on the translated SBS 2.7?

Battler Animation
CODE
# バトラーアニメ名 ファイルNo 種類 速度 ループ 待ち 固定 Z軸 影 武器
"待機" => [ 1, 0, 15, 0, 0, -1, 0, true,"" ],
"待機(固定)" => [ 1, 0, 10, 2, 0, 1, 0, true,"" ],
"キャラ消し待機" => [ 2, 2, 15, 0, 0, -1, 0, false,"" ],
"右向き(固定)" => [ 0, 2, 10, 1, 2, 1, 0, true,"" ],
"ダメージ" => [ 1, 1, 7, 2, 24, -1, 0, true,"" ],
"戦闘不能" => [ 2, 3, 10, 1, 8, 0, 0, true,"" ],
"前進" => [ 1, 3, 11, 2, 0, -1, 0, true,"" ],
"後退" => [ 1, 3, 11, 2, 0, -1, 0, true,"" ],
"手前表示" => [ 0, 1, 2, 1, 0, -1, 600, true,"" ],
"武器振り攻撃" => [ 3, 0, 1, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"縦振り"],
"武器振り攻撃L" => [ 3, 0, 1, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"縦振りL"],
"武器回し下" => [ 3, 1, 2, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"下半回転"],
"武器回し上" => [ 0, 1, 2, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"上半回転"],
"武器一回転上" => [ 3, 1, 4, 0, 0, -1, 2, true,"武器一回転"],
"武器掲げ" => [ 0, 1, 2, 2, 28, -1, 2, true,"掲げ"],
"高速武器振り攻撃" => [ 3, 0, 0, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"刀攻撃"],
"弓矢攻撃" => [ 3, 1, 1, 2, 8, -1, 2, true,"弓攻撃"],
"突き攻撃" => [ 3, 0, 1, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"突き"],
"槍投げ" => [ 3, 2, 3, 2, 8, -1, 2, true,""],
"槍投げ後固定" => [ 3, 2, 3, 2, 8, 2, 2, true,""],
"銃で攻撃" => [ 3, 1, 1, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"銃攻撃"],
"武器振り攻撃遅" => [ 3, 0, 8, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"縦振りL"],
"武器振り攻撃遅2" => [ 3, 2, 8, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,""],
"剣突き刺し動作" => [ 3, 1, 2, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"剣突き刺し"],
"刀攻撃下" => [ 3, 2, 1, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"刀攻撃"],
"刀攻撃ジャンプ" => [ 2, 1, 8, 2, 7, -1, 2, true,"刀攻撃"],
"武器構え待機" => [ 3, 0, 2, 2, 0, 0, 2, true,""],
"武器構え待機2" => [ 3, 0, 2, 2, 0, 0, 2, true,"掲げ4"],
"武器掲げ2" => [ 3, 1, 2, 2, 28, -1, 2, true,"掲げ2"],
"武器掲げ3" => [ 3, 1, 2, 2, 28, -1, 2, true,"掲げ3"],
"魔法詠唱" => [ 3, 3, 6, 0, 0, -1, 0, true,"" ],
"ピンチ待機" => [ 1, 2, 15, 0, 0, -1, 0, true,"" ],
"後ろ回避" => [ 2, 1, 8, 2, 1, -1, 0, true,"" ],
"後ろ回避武器あり" => [ 2, 1, 8, 2, 1, -1, 0, true,"掲げ2" ],
"勝利待機" => [ 2, 0, 29, 2, 0, -1, 0, true,"" ],

補足:
デフォの状態に、

"武器一回転上" => [ 3, 1, 4, 0, 0, -1, 2, true,"武器一回転"],
"高速武器振り攻撃" => [ 3, 0, 0, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"刀攻撃"],
"弓矢攻撃" => [ 3, 1, 1, 2, 8, -1, 2, true,"弓攻撃"],
"槍投げ" => [ 3, 2, 3, 2, 8, -1, 2, true,""],
"槍投げ後固定" => [ 3, 2, 3, 2, 8, 2, 2, true,""],
"銃で攻撃" => [ 3, 1, 1, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"銃攻撃"],
"武器振り攻撃遅" => [ 3, 0, 8, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"縦振りL"],
"武器振り攻撃遅2" => [ 3, 2, 8, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,""],
"剣突き刺し動作" => [ 3, 1, 2, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"剣突き刺し"],
"刀攻撃下" => [ 3, 2, 1, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"刀攻撃"],
"刀攻撃ジャンプ" => [ 2, 1, 8, 2, 7, -1, 2, true,"刀攻撃"],
"武器構え待機" => [ 3, 0, 2, 2, 0, 0, 2, true,""],
"武器構え待機2" => [ 3, 0, 2, 2, 0, 0, 2, true,"掲げ4"],
"武器掲げ2" => [ 3, 1, 2, 2, 28, -1, 2, true,"掲げ2"],
"武器掲げ3" => [ 3, 1, 2, 2, 28, -1, 2, true,"掲げ3"],
"魔法詠唱" => [ 3, 3, 6, 0, 0, -1, 0, true,"" ],
"ピンチ待機" => [ 1, 2, 15, 0, 0, -1, 0, true,"" ],
"後ろ回避" => [ 2, 1, 8, 2, 1, -1, 0, true,"" ],
"後ろ回避武器あり" => [ 2, 1, 8, 2, 1, -1, 0, true,"掲げ2" ],
"勝利待機" => [ 2, 0, 29, 2, 0, -1, 0, true,"" ],
"キャラ消し待機" => [ 2, 2, 15, 0, 0, -1, 0, false,"" ],

More action animation
CODE
# 武器アクション名   X軸 Y軸 Z軸 始度 終度 原点 反転 X拡 Y拡 調X 調Y 二刀
"縦振り" => [ 6, 5,false,-135, 65, 4,false, 1, 1, -7, -4,false],
"弓攻撃" => [ 16, 8,true,-135, 45, 4,false, 1, 1, -4, -6,false],
"銃攻撃" => [ 6, 8,true, 120, 15, 4,false, 1, 1, -4, -6,false],
"縦振りL" => [ 2, 8,false,-135, 75, 4,false, 1, 1, -4, -6,false],
"剣突き刺し" => [ 6, 5,false,-135, 130, 4,false, 1, 1, -4, -6,false],
"下半回転" => [ 6, 8,false, 270, 45, 4,false, 1, 1, -4, -6,false],
"刀攻撃" => [ 0, 0,false, 270, 120, 4,true, 1, 1, -4, -6,false],
"上半回転" => [ 6, 8,false, 45,-100, 4,false, 1, 1, -4, -6,false],
"武器一回転" => [ -2, 10,false, 260,-100, 4,false, 1, 1, -4, -6,false],
"掲げ" => [ 6, -4,false, 90, -45, 4,false, 1, 1, -4, -6,false],
"掲げ2" => [ -2, 10,true, 90, -15, 4,false, 1, 1, -4, -6,false],
"掲げ3" => [ -2, 13,true, 90, -15, 4,false, 1, 1, -4, -6,false],
"掲げ4" => [ -2, 13,false, -135, -145, 4,false, 1, 1, -4, -6,false],

補足:
デフォの状態に、

"剣突き刺し" => [ 6, 5,false,-135, 130, 4,false, 1, 1, -4, -6,false],
"弓攻撃" => [ 16, 8,true,-135, 45, 4,false, 1, 1, -4, -6,false],
"銃攻撃" => [ 6, 8,true, 120, 15, 4,false, 1, 1, -4, -6,false],
"刀攻撃" => [ 0, 0,false, 270, 120, 4,true, 1, 1, -4, -6,false],
"武器一回転" => [ -2, 10,false, 260,-100, 4,false, 1, 1, -4, -6,false],
"掲げ2" => [ -2, 10,true, 90, -15, 4,false, 1, 1, -4, -6,false],
"掲げ3" => [ -2, 13,true, 90, -15, 4,false, 1, 1, -4, -6,false],

CODE
# 目標 X軸 Y軸 時間 加速 ジャンプ アニメ
"移動しない" => [ 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, "待機(固定)"],
"戦闘開始前の位置へ" => [ 0, 54, 0, 1, 0, 0, "前進"],
"キャラ消し" => [ 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, "キャラ消し待機"],
"一歩前移動" => [ 3, -32, 0, 18, -1, 0, "前進"],
"一歩後移動" => [ 0, 32, 0, 8, -1, 0, "前進"],
"三人攻撃移動1" => [ 2, 410, 96, 18, -1, 0, "前進"],
"三人攻撃移動2" => [ 2, 440, 145, 18, -1, 0, "前進"],
"三人攻撃移動3" => [ 2, 410, 212, 18, -1, 0, "前進"],
"四人攻撃移動1" => [ 2, 444, 96, 18, -1, 0, "前進"],
"四人攻撃移動2" => [ 2, 444, 212, 18, -1, 0, "前進"],
"四人攻撃移動3" => [ 2, 384, 64, 18, -1, 0, "前進"],
"四人攻撃移動4" => [ 2, 384, 244, 18, -1, 0, "前進"],
"被ダメージ" => [ 0, 32, 0, 4, -1, 0, "ダメージ"],
"押し出す" => [ 0, 12, 0, 1, 1, 0, "ダメージ"],
"押し出す右" => [ 0, -12, 0, 1, 1, 0, "ダメージ"],
"味方逃走" => [ 0, 300, 0,300, 1, 0, "後退"],
"逃走失敗" => [ 0, 48, 0, 16, 1, 0, "後退"],
"勝利のジャンプ" => [ 0, 0, 0, 20, 0, -5, "待機(固定)"],
"目標移動" => [ 1, 0, 0, 18, -1, 0, "前進"],
"目標高速移動" => [ 1, 0, -12, 8, 0, -2, "前進"],
"目標前移動" => [ 1, 24, 0, 12, -1, 0, "前進"],
"目標の背後へ高速移動" => [ 1, -28, 0, 5, -5, 0, "前進"],
"目標前へ高速移動" => [ 1, 24, 0, 5, -5, 0, "前進"],
"目標前高速移動" => [ 1, 24, 0, 1, 0, 0, "前進"],
"目標右前移動" => [ 1, 96, 32, 16, -1, 0, "前進"],
"目標左前移動" => [ 1, 96, -32, 16, -1, 0, "前進"],
"一歩前ジャンプ" => [ 0, -32, 0, 8, -1, -4, "前進"],
"一歩後ジャンプ" => [ 0, 32, 0, 8, -1, -4, "後退"],
"バックジャンプ" => [ 0, 32, 0, 24, -1, -4, "後ろ回避"],
"高速バックジャンプ" => [ 0, 32, 0, 10, 2, -4, "後ろ回避"],
"バックスタッブ" => [ 0, 148, 0, 15, 5, -4, "後ろ回避武器あり"],
"目標にジャンプ" => [ 1, 12, -12, 12, -1, -6, "前進"],
"味方投げ" => [ 0, -24, 0, 16, 0, -2, "前進"],
"踏みつけ" => [ 1, 12, -32, 12, -1, -6, "手前表示"],
"一歩前ジャンプ叩き" => [ 0, -32, 0, 12, -1, -2, "武器振り攻撃"],
"前ジャンプ叩き" => [ 1, 12, 0, 21, 1, -5, "武器振り攻撃遅"],
"前ジャンプ叩き2" => [ 1, 12, 0, 12, 1, -5, "武器振り攻撃遅2"],
"後方に払い上げ" => [ 1, 12, 0, 16, 0, -3, "武器振り攻撃"],
"その場ジャンプ叩き" => [ 1, 0, 0, 16, 0, -5, "武器振り攻撃"],
"その場ジャンプ斬り" => [ 1, 40, 0, 40, -10, -6, "武器構え待機"],
"その場ジャンプ斬り2" => [ 1, 36, 0, 50, 10, -5, "武器構え待機2"],
"刀攻撃ジャンプ斬り" => [ 1, 84, 0, 30, -9, -5, "刀攻撃ジャンプ"],
"払い抜け" => [ 1, -96, 0, 16, 2, 0, "武器振り攻撃"],
"右払い抜け" => [ 1, -96, 32, 16, 2, 0, "武器振り攻撃"],
"左払い抜け" => [ 1, -96, -32, 16, 2, 0, "武器振り攻撃"],
"右払い抜け2" => [ 1,-128, 48, 16, 2, 0, "武器振り攻撃"],
"左払い抜け2" => [ 1,-128, -48, 16, 2, 0, "武器振り攻撃"],
"折り返し払い抜け" => [ 1, 128, 0, 16, 2, 0, "武器振り攻撃"],

補足:
デフォの状態に、

"三人攻撃移動1" => [ 2, 410, 96, 18, -1, 0, "前進"],
"三人攻撃移動2" => [ 2, 440, 145, 18, -1, 0, "前進"],
"三人攻撃移動3" => [ 2, 410, 212, 18, -1, 0, "前進"],
"目標の背後へ高速移動" => [ 1, -48, 0, 5, -5, 0, "前進"],
"バックジャンプ" => [ 0, 32, 0, 24, -1, -4, "後ろ回避"],
"高速バックジャンプ" => [ 0, 32, 0, 10, 2, -4, "後ろ回避"],
"バックスタッブ" => [ 0, 148, 0, 15, 5, -4, "後ろ回避武器あり"],
"その場ジャンプ叩き" => [ 1, 0, 0, 16, 0, -5, "武器振り攻撃"],
"その場ジャンプ斬り" => [ 1, 40, 0, 40, -10, -6, "武器構え待機"],
"その場ジャンプ斬り2" => [ 1, 36, 0, 50, 10, -5, "武器構え待機2"],
"刀攻撃ジャンプ斬り" => [ 1, 84, 0, 30, -9, -5, "刀攻撃ジャンプ"],
"右払い抜け2" => [ 1,-128, 48, 16, 2, 0, "武器振り攻撃"],
"左払い抜け2" => [ 1,-128, -48, 16, 2, 0, "武器振り攻撃"],
"折り返し払い抜け" => [ 1, 128, 0, 16, 2, 0, "武器振り攻撃"],
"押し出す右" => [ 0, -12, 0, 1, 1, 0, "ダメージ"],

+Quote Post

Jasonicus
post Aug 1 2008, 02:29 PM
Post #6

Old Friend
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I know a lot of people have been asking for this, so thank you for doing it. Very helpful.

--------------------
Trailer for It Came From Yesterday: Click Me

This was made by a dear friend of mine. Any support is appreciated! Also, Like the Facebook page while you're at it: It Came From Yesterday

New and improved official site: ICFY

Swagbucks referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jbart321

+Quote Post

Actorman999
post Aug 1 2008, 04:13 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

So, how much work will it take to get mine to look awesome like in the screenshot? tongue.gif

+Quote Post

misttribe
post Aug 1 2008, 05:17 PM
Post #8

Veteran Gamer
Group Icon

I'm trying to get him to send me a demo of the version he has so I can take a look at it and release it to the public.

Once done, I'll make it so it uses the animated charset battlers from this site, http://usui.moo.jp/rpg_tukuru.html

This post has been edited by misttribe: Aug 1 2008, 05:18 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mr. Anonymous
post Aug 1 2008, 05:23 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Nice job!
Those are my favorite battlers, misttribe.

+Quote Post

Jasonicus
post Aug 1 2008, 05:24 PM
Post #10

Old Friend
Group Icon

There's actually a very simple change to make to allow it to use those particular character battlers. There is a part in the module you have to replace. I don't have it in front of me, but if I get home, I'll take a look at it and tell you what to do.

@Mr.Bubble, where did you get that monster battler from, if I may ask?

This post has been edited by jasonicus: Aug 1 2008, 05:35 PM

--------------------

This was made by a dear friend of mine. Any support is appreciated! Also, Like the Facebook page while you're at it: It Came From Yesterday

+Quote Post

misttribe
post Aug 1 2008, 05:25 PM
Post #11

Veteran Gamer
Group Icon

QUOTE (jasonicus @ Aug 1 2008, 01:20 PM) *
There's actually a very simple change to make to allow it to use those particular character battlers. There is a part in the module you have to replace. I don't have it in front of me, but if I get home, I'll take a look at it and tell you what to do.

I wanna do it! lawls. Naw. It's cool if you wanna do it go ahead. Whatever.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Aug 1 2008, 06:17 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Here is a video I made a few weeks ago which some demonstrates the capabilities of this script. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1UaeMxGvDA )

I'm gonna release a better demo than the one currently up.

QUOTE (jasonicus @ Aug 1 2008, 10:20 AM) *
@Mr.Bubble, where did you get that monster battler from, if I may ask?

It's a Satan Morroc sprite from Ragnarok Online.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jasonicus
post Aug 1 2008, 06:27 PM
Post #13

Old Friend
Group Icon

QUOTE (misttribe @ Aug 1 2008, 01:21 PM) *
I wanna do it! lawls. Naw. It's cool if you wanna do it go ahead. Whatever.

Be my guest. LOL. I may not get to it for some time anyway. So, please, go ahead.

Thanks for the info, Mr.Bubble. Great video, too, btw. I didn't know this script was capable of so much. Amazing job. Makes me want to start another game now.

This post has been edited by jasonicus: Aug 1 2008, 06:38 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

misttribe
post Aug 1 2008, 07:14 PM
Post #14

Veteran Gamer
Group Icon

QUOTE (jasonicus @ Aug 1 2008, 03:23 PM) *
Be my guest. LOL. I may not get to it for some time anyway. So, please, go ahead.

Thanks for the info, Mr.Bubble. Great video, too, btw. I didn't know this script was capable of so much. Amazing job. Makes me want to start another game now.

Actually to tell you the truth... I have no idea how to do it.. x_X Can you tell me what im suppose to edit?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jasonicus
post Aug 1 2008, 07:32 PM
Post #15

Old Friend
Group Icon

Replace this in the module:

CODE
#==============================================================================
# ■ Single Action Engine
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# These are utilized by sequenced actions and have no utility alone.
# Do not directly use these actions unless they are used as part of a
# sequence.
ANIME = {
# ● Battler Animations
# No. Graphics file used.
# 0 = Default Battler Style
# 1 = "Character Name + _n", where n is the number of the pose
# Example of file would be "$Ralph_1"
# Use "1" for non-standard battler, like Minkoff's.
#
# Type - Vertical position of cell files (0-3)
# Speed - Refresh rate of animation. Lower numbers are faster
# Loop - 0 = Continuous Loop
# 1 = Loop Once
# 2 = No Loop
# Wait - Time in frames before animation loops
# Fixed - How and weither to animate horizontal frames
# -1 = Loop Animation
# 0 = Regular Animation
# 1 = Fixed Animation
# Z - Set animation's Z priority
# Shadow - Set true to display battler shadow during animation
# Weapon - Weapon animation to play with action

# Action Name No. Type Speed Loop Wait Fixed Z Shadow Weapon
"WAIT" => [ 0, 1, 15, 0, 0, -1, 0, true,"" ],
"WAIT(FIXED)" => [ 0, 1, 10, 2, 0, 1, 0, true,"" ],
"RIGHT(FIXED)" => [ 0, 2, 10, 1, 2, 1, 0, true,"" ],
"DAMAGE" => [ 0, 3, 4, 2, 0, -1, 0, true,"" ],
"ATTACK_FAIL" => [ 0, 3, 10, 1, 8, 0, 0, true,"" ],
"MOVE_TO" => [ 0, 1, 1, 1, 0, -1, 0, true,"" ],
"MOVE_AWAY" => [ 0, 2, 2, 1, 0, -1, 0, true,"" ],
"ABOVE_DISPLAY" => [ 0, 1, 2, 1, 0, -1, 600, true,"" ],
"WPN_SWING_V" => [ 0, 1, 1, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"VERT_SWING"],
"WPN_SWING_VL" => [ 0, 1, 1, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"VERT_SWINGL"],
"WPN_SWING_VS" => [ 0, 1, 6, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"VERT_SWING"],
"WPN_SWING_UNDER" => [ 0, 1, 2, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"UNDER_SWING"],
"WPN_SWING_OVER" => [ 0, 1, 2, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"OVER_SWING"],
"WPN_RAISED" => [ 0, 1, 2, 2, 28, -1, 2, true,"RAISED"],

With this:

CODE
# ■ Single Action Engine
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# These are utilized by sequenced actions and have no utility alone.
# Do not directly use these actions unless they are used as part of a
# sequence

ANIME = {
# ? Battler Animations
# No. Graphics file used.
# 0 = Default Battler Style
# 1 = "Character Name + _n", where n is the number of the pose
# Example of file would be "$Ralph_1"
# Use "1" for non-standard battler, like Minkoff's.
#
# Type - Vertical position of cell files (0-3)
# Speed - Refresh rate of animation. Lower numbers are faster
# Loop - 0 = Continuous Loop
# 1 = Loop Once
# 2 = No Loop
# Wait - Time in frames before animation loops
# Fixed - How and weither to animate horizontal frames
# -1 = Loop Animation
# 0 = Regular Animation
# 1 = Fixed Animation
# Z - Set animation's Z priority
# Shadow - Set true to display battler shadow during animation
# Weapon - Weapon animation to play with action

# Action Name No. Type Speed Loop Wait Fixed Z Shadow Weapon
"WAIT" => [ 1, 0, 15, 0, 0, -1, 0, true,"" ],
"WAIT(FIXED)" => [ 1, 0, 10, 2, 0, 1, 0, true,"" ],
"RIGHT(FIXED)" => [ 0, 2, 10, 1, 2, 1, 0, true,"" ],
"DAMAGE" => [ 1, 1, 5, 2, 24, -1, 0, true,"" ],
"ATTACK_FAIL" => [ 2, 3, 10, 1, 8, 0, 0, true,"" ],
"MOVE_TO" => [ 1, 3, 11, 2, 0, -1, 0, true,"" ],
"MOVE_AWAY" => [ 1, 3, 11, 2, 0, -1, 0, true,"" ],
"ABOVE_DISPLAY" => [ 0, 1, 2, 1, 0, -1, 600, true,"" ],
"WPN_SWING_V" => [ 3, 0, 1, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"VERT_SWING"],
"WPN_SWING_VL" => [ 3, 0, 1, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"VERT_SWINGL"],
"WPN_SWING_VS" => [ 3, 0, 8, 2, 0, -1, 2, true,"VERT_SWING"],
"WPN_SWING_UNDER" => [ 3, 1, 2, 2, 0, -1, 2, false,"UNDER_SWING"],
"WPN_SWING_OVER" => [ 0, 1, 2, 2, 0, -1, 2, false,"OVER_SWING"],
"WPN_RAISED" => [ 3, 1, 2, 2, 28, -1, 2, true,"RAISED"],
"WAIT(CRITICAL)" => [ 1, 2, 15, 0, 0, -1, 0, true, ""],
"MAGIC_CHANT" => [ 3, 3, 6, 0, 0, -1, 0, true, ""],
"VICTORY_POSE" => [ 2, 0, 29, 2, 0, -1, 0, true,""],

#Bow and arrow from Kylock's addon
"FACE" => [ 3, 1, 1, 2, 8, -1, 2, true,"" ],

#Customised action sequances
"WAIT-CRITICAL" => ["NO_MOVE","WAIT(CRITICAL)","STATUS-CRITICAL","22"],
"VICTORY" => ["VICTORY_POSE",
"Don't Wait","CAT_STATE",
"START_MAGIC_ANIM","TRANSFORM_CANCEL","WAIT(FIXED)","Don't Wait",],
"SKILL_USE" => ["MAGIC_CHANT","24","BEFORE_MOVE","WAIT(FIXED)","START_MAGIC_ANIM",
"WPN_SWING_UNDER","WPN_RAISED","WPN_SWING_V",
"OBJ_ANIM_WEIGHT","Can Collapse","24","COORD_RESET"],

I'm pretty sure that's all you need to do for those type of Battlers to work.

--------------------

+Quote Post

misttribe
post Aug 1 2008, 07:58 PM
Post #16

Veteran Gamer
Group Icon

do you know if the critical animation, and victory poses work?

Last time I did something like that. The critical animations were the normal "ready" pose. and the victory pose didnt show.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jasonicus
post Aug 1 2008, 08:28 PM
Post #17

Old Friend
Group Icon

I haven't got them to work yet, but I suppose someone may be able to.

--------------------

+Quote Post

misttribe
post Aug 2 2008, 03:38 AM
Post #18

Veteran Gamer
Group Icon

Hmmm... can someone figure this out? All the other poses work.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Aug 2 2008, 04:35 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (misttribe @ Aug 1 2008, 09:34 PM) *
Hmmm... can someone figure this out? All the other poses work.

I'll see what I can do on that after I finish up the new demo.

--------------------

+Quote Post

NightWalker
post Aug 2 2008, 05:54 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

All the poses are working fine!
I only could modify the wait critical, i don't like the emoticon of status_critical.

CODE
"WAIT-CRITICAL" => ["NO_MOVE","WAIT(CRITICAL)","22"],

For Skill_Use I utilize (And I like more) this sequence, it not show the weapon, only the character pose and the animation.

CODE
  "SKILL_USE"    => ["BEFORE_MOVE","MAGIC_CHANT",24,"START_MAGIC_ANIM",
                      "OBJ_ANIM_WEIGHT","Can Collapse","24","COORD_RESET"],

An animation that i made for skill use:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

EDIT#

You forgot the evading pose and death pose for the battlers, here is them:

In Battler Animations:

CODE
"DEATH_POSE"           => [ 2,  3,   10,  1,   0,  -1,   0, false,""],
"EVADING_POSE"        => [ 2,  1,    5,  2,   0,  -1,   0, true,""],

In Basic Actions:

CODE
  "DEAD"              => ["DEATH_POSE"],

"EVADE_ATTACK"              => ["JUMP_AWAY","EVADING_POSE","10","COORD_RESET"],

"ENEMY_EVADE_ATTACK"      => ["JUMP_AWAY","EVADING_POSE","16","COORD_RESET"],

EDIT2#

Only edit ENEMY_EVADE_ATTACK if you use animated enemies add on.

This post has been edited by NightWalker: Aug 2 2008, 06:10 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

176 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 08:07 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.