iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
176 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [ RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System v3.4e & ATB v1.2c ], Battle System by Enu (Update: July 10, 2011)
Rating 4 V
Loire
post Aug 7 2008, 03:56 PM
Post #41

Group Icon

Hi, first of all, this is an amazing script, and the demo will REALLY help me in making the game that I have been wanting to make for so long, THANK YOU for putting so much work into this and translating it for the community to use.

Second, I have poured over the scripts in the demo, and the scripts for the Epic Battle, and I cant find where they would match up...

So my question is how do I make other boss battles have the same "epic-ness" as in the boss battle in the demo?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Aug 7 2008, 03:58 PM
Post #42

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

QUOTE (zeblade @ Aug 6 2008, 11:13 AM) *
Let me just confirm this...is the script located inside the Demo?

Um, yes?

QUOTE (de_Lhemots @ Aug 7 2008, 04:50 AM) *
Uummm....!?
I have some question !
How to make an image come out when the skill used !

NB : Sorry, my english sucks

I think you need to set an animation for the skill you've made. Go into your Database, click on Skills and look for a drop-down tab labeled "Animation:". You need to choose an animation from there that will be shown when used.
Hi, first of all, this is an amazing script, and the demo will REALLY help me in making the game that I have been wanting to make for so long, THANK YOU for putting so much work into this and translating it for the community to use.

Second, I have poured over the scripts in the demo, and the scripts for the Epic Battle, and I cant find where they would match up...

So my question is how do I make other boss battles have the same "epic-ness" as in the boss battle in the demo?

It's this section in the Config that controls collapse animations:
CODE
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ● Enemy Collapse Animation Setting
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# return 1 (Enemy sprite stays on screen after death.)
# return 2 (Enemy disappears from the battle like normal.)
# return 3 (Special collapse animation.) <- Good for bosses.
def collapse_type
case @enemy_id
when 1
return 2
when 30
return 3
end
# Default collapse for all non-assigned Enemy IDs.
return 2
end

No problem. Kylock did more translation work though.

Kylock's addon had additional options for specific boss BGM, but that's not a part of this script. You'll need to set that up the normal way or some other.

This post has been edited by Mr. Bubble: Aug 7 2008, 04:05 PM

--------------------
I no longer support Tankentai.

+Quote Post

Grafikal007
post Aug 9 2008, 08:20 AM
Post #43

Group Icon

I'm looking around in the script here, and I'm probably just missing it, but is there a way to change the motion of the weapon [ie: Vertical slash, horizontal slash, poke (like a pierce)]? I see it for skills, but just for a normal attack because at the moment I have a spear that's vertically slashing and I'd like it to thrust.

[edit] ... Wow ... Nevermind that, I'm just retarded. wacko.gif I forgot to set my weapons with any state at all, [ie: Piercing state makes the weapon animation thrust, slashing state makes the weapon animation slash, etc.]

This post has been edited by Grafikal007: Aug 9 2008, 08:24 AM

--------------------

RPGMaker XP-VX Resource Artist.
Excels in Icons, Sprites, Titlepages, Gameovers, and Tileset creation.
Can edit just about anything.

+Quote Post

mudducky
post Aug 9 2008, 08:33 PM
Post #44

Lurking...
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

A while ago with Kylocks v2.6 translation I created a status like the paralyzed one but named it Freeze. It was exactly the same as paralyze except it took more turns for the status to go away.

If my character defeats an enemy who has the frozen status on, then after they are defeated they reappear in the background screen. At first I thought this was either a bug in the original script or something I was doing wrong, but after a while I noticed with the paralyze status (number 7 in the database), the enemies didn't reappear after they were defeated with this status on.

Later I checked through the script, and believed it may of been one of my extra scripts. After many tests I've noticed creating a freeze status in the non-translated version of the script does NOT make the enemies reappear after they are defeated, however in this 2.7 translation (and 2.6) of the script they DO reappear after they are defeated. Even if I use just the three original translated scripts.

When I say the enemies reappear I mean that they have been defeated but there graphic reappears on the screen exactly like option 1 of collapse_type. BUT collapse_type is set to 2 for that particular enemy and status paralyze works fine but status freeze doesnít.

Does anyone know the solution to this problem, or may look into it? This would be extremely useful for my project if it was to be solved.
Many thanks in advance.

--------------------
Want help with learning the RPG Maker VX events?

Support. Check out these projects! They are not placed in top ranking order or anything like that.

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Aug 9 2008, 10:57 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

QUOTE (mudducky @ Aug 9 2008, 02:29 PM) *
A while ago with Kylocks v2.6 translation I created a status like the paralyzed one but named it Freeze. It was exactly the same as paralyze except it took more turns for the status to go away.

If my character defeats an enemy who has the frozen status on, then after they are defeated they reappear in the background screen. At first I thought this was either a bug in the original script or something I was doing wrong, but after a while I noticed with the paralyze status (number 7 in the database), the enemies didn't reappear after they were defeated with this status on.

Later I checked through the script, and believed it may of been one of my extra scripts. After many tests I've noticed creating a freeze status in the non-translated version of the script does NOT make the enemies reappear after they are defeated, however in this 2.7 translation (and 2.6) of the script they DO reappear after they are defeated. Even if I use just the three original translated scripts.

When I say the enemies reappear I mean that they have been defeated but there graphic reappears on the screen exactly like option 1 of collapse_type. BUT collapse_type is set to 2 for that particular enemy and status paralyze works fine but status freeze doesnít.

Does anyone know the solution to this problem, or may look into it? This would be extremely useful for my project if it was to be solved.
Many thanks in advance.

Sorry, but I can't seem to replicate this issue. Have you tried making your Freeze state on another state ID?

--------------------

+Quote Post

mudducky
post Aug 10 2008, 11:53 AM
Post #46

Lurking...
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mr. Bubble @ Aug 10 2008, 12:53 AM) *
Sorry, but I can't seem to replicate this issue. Have you tried making your Freeze state on another state ID?

After some more experimenting I found that the exact same status Freeze being any ID from 1 - 25 in your extra demo does not cause this problem. I'm not sure if that's helpful at all.

Edit: Any ID pass 26 causes the problem. I've tried ID 28, 42, 51, 78.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

From what I see if someone could make a script which forces "ZEROTURNLIFT" on an enemy after knockout, then the bug will go away. I'm not 100% sure I'm correct though.

This post has been edited by mudducky: Aug 10 2008, 03:08 PM

--------------------

Support. Check out these projects! They are not placed in top ranking order or anything like that.

+Quote Post

misttribe
post Aug 10 2008, 02:55 PM
Post #47

Veteran Gamer
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Misttribe is back. =D Sorry. I was in rehab for a week.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Aug 10 2008, 04:45 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

QUOTE (mudducky @ Aug 10 2008, 04:49 AM) *
After some more experimenting I found that the exact same status Freeze being any ID from 1 - 25 in your extra demo does not cause this problem. I'm not sure if that's helpful at all.

Edit: Any ID pass 26 causes the problem. I've tried ID 28, 42, 51, 78.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

From what I see if someone could make a script which forces "ZEROTURNLIFT" on an enemy after knockout, then the bug will go away. I'm not 100% sure I'm correct though.

When you create a state, you're supposed to decide whether you want it canceled when an actor becomes Incapacitated.

Did you remember to do this?

--------------------

+Quote Post

mudducky
post Aug 10 2008, 05:04 PM
Post #49

Lurking...
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mr. Bubble @ Aug 10 2008, 06:41 PM) *
When you create a state, you're supposed to decide whether you want it canceled when an actor becomes Incapacitated.

Did you remember to do this?
Ah. That resolved the problem at last xP.
Sorry, I didn't realise I was suppose to cancel with the dead status. I was starting to think I must of been doing something wrong since I searched everything else thousands of times.

Thanks for all the help Mr. Bubble and the newer translated version of the script.

This post has been edited by mudducky: Aug 10 2008, 05:04 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Erald
post Aug 11 2008, 01:42 AM
Post #50

Group Icon

Mr.Bubble, In your "EXTRA DEMO" when I use one of these skills, "BEAT_RUSH", "SOMERSAULT", "WATERKICK", "METEODRIVE", "DOLPHINBLOW", "METEORSTRIKE" the hero makes all the following until "FINALHEAVEN" inclusive!

may you resolve this probleme?

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Aug 11 2008, 02:22 AM
Post #51

Group Icon

QUOTE (Erald @ Aug 10 2008, 06:38 PM) *
Mr.Bubble, In your "EXTRA DEMO" when I use one of these skills, "BEAT_RUSH", "SOMERSAULT", "WATERKICK", "METEODRIVE", "DOLPHINBLOW", "METEORSTRIKE" the hero makes all the following until "FINALHEAVEN" inclusive!

may you resolve this probleme?

It's supposed to do that, and I only made 'em for demo purposes. If you want to remove linking, find the respective move's sequence and remove any hash names that end with "...LINKTO".

I will likely change the Link variable to false in the next version I release if people actually want to use them.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Aug 14 2008, 01:55 AM
Post #52

Group Icon

Translation updated to 1.5 (too bad I can't change the topic title).

All demos have been updated accordingly.

Several new example skill animations were added to the EXTRA demo.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zell Dinch
post Aug 14 2008, 10:51 AM
Post #53

Group Icon

Could you make a merged demo from EXTRA demo and IAB demo? Both are cool!

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Aug 16 2008, 03:39 AM
Post #54

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zell Dinch @ Aug 14 2008, 04:47 AM) *
Could you make a merged demo from EXTRA demo and IAB demo? Both are cool!

Sorry, but updating 3 different demos are enough for me. unsure.gif

You can do it yourself though. It shouldn't be hard. I don't think there would be many problems with my moves for minkoff-style battlers.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mr. Anonymous
post Aug 16 2008, 01:08 PM
Post #55

Group Icon

QUOTE (Mr. Bubble @ Aug 13 2008, 08:51 PM) *
Translation updated to 1.5 (too bad I can't change the topic title).

That's what I'm here for. Let me know in the future when you need to do this again.

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Aug 16 2008, 08:47 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

QUOTE (MrAnonymous @ Aug 16 2008, 06:04 AM) *
That's what I'm here for. Let me know in the future when you need to do this again.

Thanks Mr. A. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

GrandmaDeb
post Aug 18 2008, 08:03 PM
Post #57

Retired
Group Icon

Am I the only dunderhead getting a Failed to Load Actor Data problem when I try to run the mediafire download?

sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Aug 18 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #58

Group Icon

QUOTE (GrandmaDeb @ Aug 18 2008, 01:59 PM) *
Am I the only dunderhead getting a Failed to Load Actor Data problem when I try to run the mediafire download?

sad.gif

I haven't heard this from anyone else, sorry. I'm not really sure what to say about that.

--------------------

+Quote Post

GrandmaDeb
post Aug 18 2008, 11:05 PM
Post #59

Retired
Group Icon

I've seen other folks with the same complaint at other times, so I'm happy to report that it is a Winrar thing -
I extracted to a different folder and voila! All better.

Thx, Mr Bubble. I'm helping on a project and this is a big help to us to have this script!
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Aug 18 2008, 11:33 PM
Post #60

Group Icon

QUOTE (GrandmaDeb @ Aug 18 2008, 05:01 PM) *
I've seen other folks with the same complaint at other times, so I'm happy to report that it is a Winrar thing -
I extracted to a different folder and voila! All better.

Thx, Mr Bubble. I'm helping on a project and this is a big help to us to have this script!
smile.gif

Cool, glad it's working now. I'll be sure to take note of this in case someone else has this problem.

--------------------

+Quote Post

176 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 12:49 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.