iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Touhou Randomness: The Oni-Miko Incident, A Touhou fangame with hard hitting and random comedy!
HoiHoiSoi
post Nov 2 2010, 02:55 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Okay, anyways. I am working on a project called Touhou Randomness: The Charity. If you know Touhou, it follows the storyline of some mangas. Also, please take note, I do not own any of the characters in the game since this is a fan based parody of Touhou. I also do not own any scripts used in the game. Not to mention I do not own the music in the game for I use other game music.

Series Plot:
The plot is actually in the intro but I'll explain it here anyways. The overall plot is actually something that happened 5 years ago in Gensokyo. In this event a certain 'item' which was very precious to Gensokyo was destroyed due to a certain outsider who managed to penetrate the Hakurei border. And this person was brought in by Suwako thus making her the main antagonist of the event. However unknown to her was the evil brought by this certain 'person'. And so after the incident Suwako fled to the outside world seeking refuge which she did, in a place called VX island. Five years later, she is called back to solve a mysterious case happening in Gensokyo, but when she returns it seems no one remembers this 'event' which she speaks of. And so the search for answers begin. The ultimate investigation takes place for a 5 year old case.

Version Plot:
You play as Suwako, frog girl. Anyways, Suwako has left Gensokyo for a small island called VX island, why VX? Cause that is the thing with the default control machines. Anyways, After 5 years or so a message arrives from Gensokyo stating a great danger has befallen them. Reimu has gone crazy because everyone is too stingy to give her donations, and Suwako must do everything in her power to save Gensokyo iin the mean time she is also trying to solve a case from 5 long years ago, to unlock her past and to find out the truth of that faithful day. She is accompanied by several people who I do not want to name yet and oh yea, she is part lawyer too.

The world you play in is mostly in a world full of youkai and stuff known as Gensokyo. However, in this version of Gensokyo many people seem to face problems with other residents of Gensokyo. Also, many very random creatures often appear around Gensokyo now since it has been thought that the events from 5 years ago had led a small hole in the Hakurei Border to open and allow lucky / unlucky people or even monsters in. This has been going on for around 5 years so it's not suprising such monsters are easy to come by. However, every resident still lives in Gensokyo with their normal lives and practically none of them aged at all so it's quite the normal Gensokyo. Incidents have happened over the years like always and now comes the 'Oni-Miko Incident'. As explained above already, the residents of Gensokyo are now scared of Reimu and Reimu being the quite blur one doesn't notice anything at all. Frankly that's all about Gensokyo that has been changed.

Spoiler:

A supposely little frog girl (Due to the fact she squats most of the time and hops around, but not in the game!), however she is actually a frog goddess. In the game she in the main protagonist. Also featured in the game is an extra addition to Suwako and that is acquiring the knowledge of being a lawyer (Basic Logic) and is able to legally challange people to a trial before a verdict is handed down in many situations especially when it comes down to the problems of the residents in Gensokyo. Suwako is also a frog lover so it's not suprising to find a few scenes hard to understand because of some references used.

The cause of all the current havoc, now deemed the Oni-Miko Incident. Due to the lack of funds and Reimu's inability to somehow gain money, it seemed she suddenly snapped in this period of time. Many 'killed' by her claims they had memory of it, but somehow do not undertstand why they are still there. Reimu on the other hand would fight for her freedom, claiming that she did no such thing, especially the part where her clothes tore off when she unleashed this power and everybody saw her bare body. So, the question is, did she really turned into a monster?

An idiot of a fairy, and when referring to Cirno, it usually means literally and not metaphorically. Cirno for some wierd reason is loaning people chores to get cookies in this day and age. She is the third to die in the Oni Miko Incident. She is more childish than initially depicted but still has a tom boyish atmosphere serrouding her. Although Cirno is 'stupid' she is very good at quizzes, as a matter of fact she is a master at them. As the saying goes don't judge a book by it's cover, this applies for Cirno, or at least for only one portion of her that is.

A doctor in training. As cute as she may seem, Reisen basically one of the more aggresive protagonists in the game. She usually do not show such standards unless prompted, however being along with Cirno and Suika, she basically snaps quite easily. Although she seem not as skilled as her master, her finger technique is strong and treatment given by her is swift and most of the time effective. She is the 'cleric' in the group however, her skills almost all has a 40 percent failure rate or at least the one that has to do with curing only. Nontheless, Reisen is an asset to the team especially when it comes to motivating (Or more like putting fear to motivate) the team.

A playful little devil who has no particular reason to do anything. Drinking beer or japanese sake is usually what she does the whole day. However, for some reason she had the will to stop (Temporarily) due to the fact her house was destroyed and now she has to stay somewhere. She is the 4th to die in the Oni-Miko incident and somehow the only one who doesn't end up home but instead lost in the magical forest of Gensokyo. After many days of tracking she finally meets up with Suwako and tells her sob story thus joining the team and continuing her sake drinking.

A girl with green hair, not much is said about her. And she too rarely appears. She is slightly tomboyish but somewhat is in love with Suwako (in this game at least). She is smart and quick with her feet often dissapearing when nobody is watching, she is a trained spy under her master, Mistress Konako. Although she seems to be hostile, she is actually a very fun person once you get to know her.

A mysterious young teenager, and a guy to be exact which is somewhat 'wierd' in some sense. Not much is said about him although he frequently breaks down the fourth wall. As so, he is a genius when it comes to understanding things, but claims to have had a 'script' to read from. Not much is clarified but Sakai makes it clear he is from the outside world. Not to mention he is also a master with the art of spoon fight and also a master at reference using. He is a formidable enemy if encountered but a very powerful ally at the same time. He is Spoon Master Sakai

The demo I am offering currently is that of version 2.1 which in some terms in still incomplete, in version 3.0 only is the both arcs, which is arc 1 and arc is truly complete due to the fact there are some graphical changes. Now there are only about 2 expressions for Suwako, in the real one there are about 8, cause I added them later, this applies for many other characters too, just incase you are wondering. Also, this demo is still an uncompressed version, so all files and folders, guess, you can only consider the storyline to be mine and teh effort in making the game.

Anyways, enough with the crap. In version 2.1, you play as Suwako in the beginning of VX, kill stuff bla and finish some random quests (Thus the name touhou randomness). In this part, it takes approximately 45 minuites to finish everything, 20 if you are quick and skip the dialog. And after that you reach arc 2 which is an arc which is concentrated on talking, or rather 'court trial'. This is played out when you first land and is the next quest needed to finish. These are one of the few elements in the game I added. There is also a quiz section later in arc 4 and there is still alot of work to be done. Anyways, I'd like somebody to CNC version 2.1 for me, cause it's my first game and I need some fair judgement to see what I can improve on. I know there are alot of espects so keep the comments coming please. Thank you.

Ver 1.0: (8th September 2010)
-Game implemented
-Arc 1: 'Departure for Gensokyo' complete
-Fully functional sound system and graphics
-Battle systems: Ziffee's WGB
-Other aspects: None

Ver 2.0 (18th October 2010)
-Not fully functional
-Missing scripts detected
-Arc 2: 'Marisa's Problems' incomplete
-Battle systems: Ziffee's WGB
-Other aspects: None
-Missing sounds detected.
-Graphics incomplete

Ver 2.1 (29th October 2010)
-Fully functional
-Arc 2: 'Marisa's Problems' complete
-Arc 3: 'The Reimu Incident' (beginning only-incomplete)
-Battle system: Ziffee's WGB, SSS mini scripts (Incomplete)
-Other aspects: YEM scripts, SSS menu scripts
-Sound and Graphics working
-Graphics has been editted to better quality (Incomplete)

Ver 3.0 (28th November 2010)
-Functional but requires 2 extra files (Talk to Hoi)
-Arc 3: 'The Reimu Incident' complete
-Arc 4: 'Scarlet Devil Mansion Crisi' opening only
-Battle system: Ziffee's WGB, SSS mini scripts (Incomplete)
-Mini Map added
-Graphics has been editted to better quality

Ver 4.0 (TBA)
-Arc 4: 'Scarlet Devil Mansion Crisis' complete
-Arc 5: Opening only
-Battle system: Ziffee's WGB
-New Opening + New Title Screen

Spoiler:

Opening of the game. Real logo has yet to come.

Map Screen. Additions will be added with the updates to come.

Ziifee's WGB battle system. The bar has to be filled before an attack can be made. Not so epic without a move. Planning additional things too.

One of the 4 menu screens. Skill menu has been updated to this form. Spiffy right? Used SSS scripts for this.

One of Cirno's many references in the game. Check it out on youtube yourself.

Suwako Vs. Cirno in the Court Room Battle of Arc 2!

A LOLWUT!? situation for Marisa.

Suwako's layer instincts is working up. Will she find out the truth!?

Touhou Randomness : Intro

Demo V2.1: (208 MB, All 3 files)
http://www.4shared.com/file/Grx9V6ZL/Touho...mo_V21part.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/CHWKoVTT/Touho...mo_V21part.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/wh_4GNcY/Touho...mo_V21part.html

I hope you can support this game! Thank you!

This post has been edited by HoiHoiSoi: Dec 30 2010, 01:27 AM

--------------------

Currently working on this touhou fan based parody....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

HoiHoiSoi
post Dec 27 2010, 04:40 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

links for the demo is already on. It's v2.1, I'm working on 4.0 now. Demo that is. Also, if you guys would, can you give some comment on this? Cause my betatesters and stuff, I think they aren't telling me the real picture. So, can anyone CNC for me this? I's my first game, so don't expect anything that is out of the ordinary....

--------------------

+Quote Post

Raiho the XV
post Dec 28 2010, 06:37 PM
Post #3

Back in Black
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Very nice game so far! I see you're going for a Pheonix wright style rpg

--------------------
I support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

HoiHoiSoi
post Dec 31 2010, 09:36 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (Raiho the XV @ Dec 29 2010, 02:37 AM) *
Very nice game so far! I see you're going for a Pheonix wright style rpg

Oh, to tell the truth actually, I will be releasing one part of which it will have professor layton referrences, it's the ver 4.0, the one I'm on now and it's abit of a pain. But sorry, it won't be available in demo. Only ver 2.1 is up for testing, thats all I'm offering cause I don't wanna spoil the overall storyline, knowing too much can spoil or make you predict furthur game play, don't want that to happen.

Also, thanks alot for your reply. I was expecting something harsher, but thanks for your comment anyways.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Raiho the XV
post Jan 1 2011, 05:51 PM
Post #5

Back in Black
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

QUOTE (HoiHoiSoi @ Dec 31 2010, 04:36 AM) *
Oh, to tell the truth actually, I will be releasing one part of which it will have professor layton referrences, it's the ver 4.0, the one I'm on now and it's abit of a pain. But sorry, it won't be available in demo. Only ver 2.1 is up for testing, thats all I'm offering cause I don't wanna spoil the overall storyline, knowing too much can spoil or make you predict furthur game play, don't want that to happen.

Also, thanks alot for your reply. I was expecting something harsher, but thanks for your comment anyways.

I see and your welcome. I'll be looking forward to the 4.0 version.

--------------------
I support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

LunarFang
post Oct 4 2011, 02:40 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

I just gave this game a spin and I just found a BIG bug in your game. When I leave the menu to continue with my gameplay, the game crashes. This is in the 2.1 version (the only version you put up) so you may have fixed that... :|

I hope you get back to finishing the game, seeing that it's been about 10 months since there were any comments left on this.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 10:08 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.