iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

> ATTENTION!

Do not post questions about Ace in this section. Any and all Ace related support should be posted in the Ace section found here.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Removing 'Save' from the game menu
TheSilentSniper
post Aug 6 2008, 03:23 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer

I was looking around in the script editor for some way to remove the save option in the menu, but I can't seem to get rid of it. I know there's the disable save event that I could have autorun in the beginning, but that would just gray it out. Is there any script that modifies the menu to remove that option completely, since I'm using save points in the game instead?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

GC13
post Aug 6 2008, 03:35 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

Looking at the script, it appears to be a simple matter. Go to the Scene_Menu section in the script editor, go down to the subsection starting at line 50, and remove line 58, and lines 68, 69, and 70 (their numbers BEFORE you cut line 58; the three lines immediately before the "end" at the bottom of the subsection).

EDIT: It is, of course, more complicated than that. It seems you'll also need to go down to what are now lines 89 and 90 and delete them, and change the line below them from "when 5" to "when 4". There's still code referencing whether saved games are disabled, so either don't disable saved games (as they have no way to get to the save screen anyway), or go through the code and remove the references to it (79-81 look like prime candidates for removal).

This post has been edited by GC13: Aug 6 2008, 03:39 AM

+Quote Post

TheSilentSniper
post Aug 6 2008, 07:05 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Thanks, man, it works great. Now, my other game has the Crafting script in. Will this conflict with that script?

+Quote Post

DaRkGeNz
post Aug 6 2008, 08:33 AM
Post #4

Just me right now.
Group Icon

QUOTE (TheSilentSniper @ Aug 6 2008, 09:01 AM) *
Thanks, man, it works great. Now, my other game has the Crafting script in. Will this conflict with that script?

Or you just use the event on page 3 ohmy.gif

System settings > change save acces > disable

This post has been edited by DaRkGeNz: Aug 6 2008, 11:04 AM

--------------------
YamiGenzu-kun
QUOTE (SBS)
READ THE DAMN STICKY!!!

Post for help at the help/support section, but read the sticky's first!

+Quote Post

GC13
post Aug 6 2008, 03:15 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

QUOTE (TheSilentSniper @ Aug 6 2008, 03:01 AM) *
You're welcome. I'm not a scripting expert by any measure, but I can't see how this would interfere with any other script, unless that script added something to the menu. Even then, it would be a simple matter of changing the number on the When bit there to be the appropriate number corresponding to the order it appears on the menu in. The only way to be sure is to test it; you're only editing one script file, so restoring it from the default is easy.

QUOTE (DaRkGeNz @ Aug 6 2008, 04:29 AM) *
Or you just use the event on page 3 ohmy.gif

System settings > change save acces > disable
I think he knows. laugh.gif
QUOTE (TheSilentSniper @ Aug 5 2008, 11:19 PM) *
I was looking around in the script editor for some way to remove the save option in the menu, but I can't seem to get rid of it. I know there's the disable save event that I could have autorun in the beginning, but that would just gray it out. Is there any script that modifies the menu to remove that option completely, since I'm using save points in the game instead?

+Quote Post

DaRkGeNz
post Aug 6 2008, 04:10 PM
Post #6

Just me right now.
Group Icon

QUOTE (GC13 @ Aug 6 2008, 05:11 PM) *
You're welcome. I'm not a scripting expert by any measure, but I can't see how this would interfere with any other script, unless that script added something to the menu. Even then, it would be a simple matter of changing the number on the When bit there to be the appropriate number corresponding to the order it appears on the menu in. The only way to be sure is to test it; you're only editing one script file, so restoring it from the default is easy.

I think he knows. laugh.gif

Ooh! I missread that one! Sorry tongue.gif

--------------------
YamiGenzu-kun
QUOTE (SBS)
READ THE DAMN STICKY!!!

Post for help at the help/support section, but read the sticky's first!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 06:39 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.