iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Twice Upon A Hero
iLEGEND
post Jan 25 2011, 07:51 PM
Post #41

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Wow, I've gotta say this rpg is pretty fantastic. There as some moments in it that are SO humerous, which is always nice. Now unfortunately I stumbled upon a few glitches so I took screenshots, Click spoiler to view
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Lunarea
post Jan 25 2011, 10:50 PM
Post #42

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: True Neutral

Thank you very much for your report, iLEGEND! I will make sure to fix these ASAP smile.gif

+Quote Post

iLEGEND
post Jan 26 2011, 02:28 AM
Post #43

Group Icon

no prob, i have still yet to complete ch1 so if i stumble upon anymore i'll be sure to inform you

+Quote Post

Avvy
post Jan 26 2011, 02:34 AM
Post #44

Procrastinat-
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

Well, well, well...
This seems quite interesting. I'll download and provide feedback later.

But as I see now, that mapping is GORGEOUS. OwO

--------------------

+Quote Post

iLEGEND
post Jan 26 2011, 10:03 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

Well, I finished the game and can't wait for chapter 2. I found one grammatical error, click spoiler to view

+Quote Post

Lunarea
post Jan 27 2011, 12:51 AM
Post #46

Group Icon

@Avatar176:
Looking forward to your thoughts!
And thanks for the mapping compliment. It's one of the things I really enjoy in game development.

@iLEGEND:
All fixed.
Thank you for being so thorough in your play-through.

Barring unexpected circumstances, I'm thinking that I will do a content update next week. It likely won't be a complete chapter, but it should be another hour of play.

+Quote Post

CrayDragon
post Jan 27 2011, 07:01 PM
Post #47

RMVX > Social life
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Evil

I loved it!
Well, there's two nitpicks...
-The scene inside the portals...was...a tad strange and kind of killed the feel of the game.
-The inside of the school looked kind of scattered, like the use of modern-day toilets was kind of odd.

--------------------
I order you to click these.

>>deviantART!<<

+Quote Post

Lunarea
post Jan 27 2011, 08:10 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

@CrayDragon:
By portals, do you mean the place where you got to pick a crystal for your destination? If so, it's a part of a teleport system that will be useful from chapter 3 and on, when the game becomes a little less linear. However, it may not end up looking the way it does now. It's a bit of a work-in-progress. Ideally, it should be a technology-heavy spot, so I might need to do some spriting to get it to look right.
You also get to find out why the magic academy has modern conveniences. I promise there's a good reason for it, and not just an oversight on my behalf. smile.gif

Thank you for taking the time to play!~

+Quote Post

Lunarea
post Feb 10 2011, 08:22 AM
Post #49

Group Icon

~Chapter 2~

- I've added several new scripts, so your old save will not work. Sorry 'bout that! The good news is that I don't anticipate adding any more scripts, so your saves should be good from this point on. And should I ever go back on my word here, I will most definitely provide save files for your convenience.
- The lengthy introduction is now skip-able.
- The music has been changed. As much as I love the old-school midi sound, all the orchestral custom pieces made the midi sound pretty flat. And since I've already broken the 128mb resource rule, there was no other reason to keep the midi format.
- The size has gone up to 224mb. I wish I could promise that it won't go much higher than that, but it will. Hopefully, I can still keep it a reasonable size ...
- The battle system is not done. I'm currently working on the skills and spells for the characters and monsters. The scripts I will be using, however, are in. So, while the battles are same old n' boring, they should give you an idea of how the battles will flow.
- Because a lot of people missed it, I have put an arrow above the quest giver's head in Summervale. She is only available while you have Cordelia in your party, so you have to do the side quest after getting the nectar, but before turning it in. Or, you can skip it altogether and wait for the next time Alistair is in the area.
- To my knowledge, the chapter is bug-free. If you do encounter a game-breaking bug, do let me know. Same for any passability errors or typos.
- Special thanks to Reives for hosting my project, and also to Zeriab for releasing the encryption tool that allowed me to compress my game data smoothly.

Have fun~!

+Quote Post

ak47lol
post Feb 10 2011, 01:12 PM
Post #50

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

NICE!, I was looking forward to this one, downloaded, gonna play now.

-EDIT

Ok so I got to where the first demo ended, After Alistair gets Knocked out I get the option to play the introduction again, whatever I choose I just get a black screen and some music, nothing else happens and I can't continue the game. (maybe the map transfer was wrong).
Hopefully you can fix this soon as I'm eager to play chapter 2.

I love your title screen, it's great.
I like the new music, but on some of the maps I preferred the old music, the first snow village(forget the name) outside music. and the forest music, but everthing else sounded nice!

Some minor bugs
- The first snow village, I could walk on many of the roofs of the buildings.
- The bridge puzzle map, the fish in the water sometimes goes on to the grass.
- The sewers in Summervale, I was able to go inside before I had Cordelia and Penelope in my party, yet I still had them talking inside.
- In the sewers there was one section where I could walk through the walls. (where the monstor is)
- Did you remove the "Attack" command from battles? I can only use spells now.

Looking forward for the fix smile.gif

This post has been edited by ak47lol: Feb 10 2011, 02:08 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lunarea
post Feb 10 2011, 06:05 PM
Post #51

Group Icon

It figures that the one teeny change I made just before uploading would wreak havoc on the whole thing.

I'm very sorry about that! I uploaded a new version that should allow you to actually play Chapter 2.

I will also be fixing the smaller bugs you mentioned - walking through walls and the fish ASAP.

-Edit-
I was in such a rush to update the link in a couple forums where I posted it, that I missed thanking you for feedback, ak47lol!

It was a really tough decision on the music. I absolutely adored some of the themes (snow town and forest were really sweet), but they sounded so out-of-place when compared to the orchestral music the rest of the game had. Par Tillian (one of the desert towns in Ch2) has a really amazing theme composed by Joerao, and it just pushed the music standard up through the roof. I really didn't want people saying "Music is awesome in these areas, but then it really sucks the rest of the time". I don't know whether the music that's in right now will be the final version, but it's a step in the right direction. Maybe in time, I'll be lucky enough to get another custom piece or two and that will help give just the right sort of atmosphere.

I did remove the attack command. You will only be able to use skills - which I've yet to set up. But, I'm hoping to add some strategy to the battles and get away from the "keep hitting attack until the monster dies" thing. Of course, since that's not implemented at the moment, your strategy will be to spam Alistair's Savior spell or Claudia's Fire spell until things are dead. But I've made sure to add Restoratives at the very beginning, so you shouldn't run out of SP.

+Quote Post

Emmych
post Feb 10 2011, 07:00 PM
Post #52

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

WHEE~! CHAPTER TWO~!

I shall review this once I'm done! So far, this game has been rad, and Alistair is awesome. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by emmych: Feb 10 2011, 08:36 PM

+Quote Post

bioteam
post Feb 11 2011, 12:54 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Very nice. Loved it all from the start to where I stopped. You have a nice variety of graphics and
you can use them the (most) effectively than any other Parallax mappers, especially the layouts of houses and
the tilted curtains in the desert town. Can I ask where you found most of your indoor furniture? Or were some made by you? I
loved the dressing and clothes room in the desert(y?) town. Waiting this long for Chapter 2 was indeed worth it smile.gif

--------------------

Supported:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Lunarea
post Feb 11 2011, 06:32 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

@emmych:
I'll be awaiting your review!~

@bioteam:
It's kind of funny, but I'd say that probably 80-85% of the furniture is just plain RTP, but recolored, re-sprited and edited to look a little different. I use small details from artists like Celianna, IceDragon or Amaranth Studios (Amanda, Aveyond creator, released her resources a while back) to add variety, and I've recolored some of the XP RTP. I also make a lot of use out of heisenman's recolors, because it saves me a lot of time. It's really quite amazing what a good base can do. I know a lot of people think the RTP is over-rated, but just a little shine and polish can make it look so unique :3

Thanks for your comment! I'm looking forward to hearing what you thought of the rest smile.gif

+Quote Post

bioteam
post Feb 12 2011, 04:42 AM
Post #55

Group Icon

Aww, I really loved the dressing room tiles. Perhaps you could release them because I really have
a need for them but then again, it's up to you. Claudia and Molly were very funny, but I was kind of
disappointed that Penelope didn't make it about almost half of the demo. To me, she's the most
mature character.
P.S: I walked all the way to the cave part without realising Baghra's office was next the port dry.gif

This post has been edited by bioteam: Feb 13 2011, 07:20 AM

--------------------

Supported:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

quigonkeichy
post Feb 12 2011, 09:09 AM
Post #56

I MOVE THE STARS FOR NO ONE.
Group Icon

Type: Writer

Heys, I just downloaded chapter one and so far I'm really enjoying it! Your mapping be awesome! biggrin.gif

--------------------

My project!

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

ak47lol
post Feb 12 2011, 02:04 PM
Post #57

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

@Lunarea, Played some of chapter 2, the Desert town is superb, the mapping, sound and feeling of that town is just amazing.
The puzzles are very well thought out, although some of them maybe a bit long, just requires a bit of patience smile.gif
I Just finnished the the big mine puzzle, really enjoying the game so far, will continue playing later.

EDIT- Just finnished the demo, loved the ending, that map looked real nice smile.gif. Waiting for chapter 3!

This post has been edited by ak47lol: Feb 13 2011, 07:15 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Emmych
post Feb 13 2011, 02:24 AM
Post #58

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Okay, so, on to that review I promised!

First off, the music selection was lovely. :3 Just thought I'd mention that. xD

Second, the puzzles. Dear lord, the puzzles! They weren't too hard, but they weren't too easy, so solving them didn't feel like jumping through hoops. They were fun, so... awesome! biggrin.gif The dungeons were planned out nicely, too. :3

Mapping has been mentioned a million times already, I'm sure, but I'll just go ahead and say it again: Wow, those are some good lookin' maps! The town's layouts are very well done; they don't feel like they're just a bunch of buildings stuck randomly on a map. Kudos for good city planning!

One thing I was a bit "errrm" about was the Alistair/Claudia relationship development. If Claudia is going to be a romantic interest (and, judging by the sheer amount of females in this game, I think it's safe to assume that something will happen for Alistair), it's really "in-your-face" at the moment. Maybe have Claudia shrug it off whenever Alistair unintentionally says something adorable? It just doesn't seem in her character to get all embarrassed about it.

Another thing was the random 4th-wall-breaking NPCs. I'm not sure if they fit the tone of the game or not - they make it feel like TUAH is a bit of a parody project. I dunno; I felt that they just interrupted the player's involvement in the story.

I think that's all... oh, yeah, also: I love these characters! They're super adorable. x3 I maaaay end up being a bit of an Alistair fan girl by the end of this, haha.
Can't wait to see how this all plays out! The Vitometer is an awesome idea - wonder exactly what it means? (Haha, I guess I can add on to this and say, DAMN, you are good with cliffhangers. D:)

Thanks for sharing this rad game with the community! I'm super stoked for the final product. c:

+Quote Post

IceDragon
post Feb 13 2011, 04:29 AM
Post #59

I demand cookies.
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Neutral Good

I'll just leave a couple lines of feedback...

I was laughing my ass off... (Choked some of them back though cause everyone is sleeping)
I haven't finished yet.. But.. I've went brain dead due to a small puzzle (I was never the puzzle guy, I was the tactician, while my brother handled the puzzles...)

And *WARNING* spoiler ahead
Spoiler:

Is it just me... or does Alistair know a girl, like..... EVERYWHERE!? .... I'm jealous... he oozes epicness.....
Lucky guy.... so many... *Cries in utter defeat..*

This is one of the best RM games I have ever played...
My only worry was the battles. (WHAT happened to the Attack command!? xD I was panicking with my super low MP...)
But the great story, funny characters and beautiful graphics kept my mind of battles.

First thing tommorow, I'm finishing this up, and giving you a full review then.

:3 This was the best 200mb+ download (Which has sent my hard drive to the grave, but who cares! This game oozes awesomeness..)

;_; I shall now go to bed with this awesome game on my mind....

--------------------
Spoiler:

To be Hexa-fied

Spoiler:
Other/Reminders--
Support your cookie loving dragon!

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showuser=52960"][img]http://i56.tinypic.com/2d1pfmw.png[/img][/url]

http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showto...amp;#entry48215 HA AUTOTILES
Pine's Birthday is the 2th of July

WORK ON YOUR TIME MEMORY @___@

+Quote Post

Lunarea
post Feb 13 2011, 07:03 AM
Post #60

Group Icon

@bioteam:
Was it any tile in particular? Like the vanity, or the clothes? It's tough to get them out separately because the layers are merged, but I'll try if you let me know which tiles you want.
For example, I adapted this vanity from my XP tiles, and you're welcome to use it:

@quigonkeichy:
Shoot, I should have removed that download from the first post, since you'll have to replay it with chapter 2 ;_;
I hope you enjoy playing!

@ak47lol:
Thank you, and enjoy wrapping up the chapter!
I really appreciated the comment smile.gif

@emmych:
Thanks so much for your review!

I'm so glad that the puzzles were enjoyable! It can be difficult to find that place between making puzzles challenging, but also keeping them from getting too frustrating for the player. I have plans to include a lot more puzzles, including some that will make use of your party members' strengths.

Even if it's been said before, I definitely want to hear about the mapping. I think everyone notices so many different details, and that's always such a treat for me. I probably spend more time than necessary on really tiny things, so to hear that someone noticed things like town layouts or that one of the houses had a pumpkin on the top shelf is just awesome It definitely makes me feel like all those little things were worth the effort.

The relationship between Alistair and Claudia is definitely an interesting one. While I was in the planning stages of the game, I'd pegged Claudia as the only female in the party that wouldn't have any romantic ties to Alistair. But when I got to the actual eventing, they surprised me by having this naturally flirty relationship. All of a sudden the possibility of Claudia being a romantic interest was like a giant shining beacon, slapping me upside the head. laugh.gif I don't want to spoil future events, but I will say that Alistair and Claudia's relationship isn't what it appears to be at first glance.

Was it the random group in the Ahmiran inn that you were talking about that broke the 4th wall? If so, stay tuned! There's a quest involving them that should be pretty fun :3

I'm super happy that you played it the whole way through and saw the ending. I just cannot wait to show off that part of the story. It's my second-favorite part of the whole plot.

@IceDragon:
Everyone was giving me a bug report about the attack command being gone. It was funny XD

But, yes, completely intentional to not have an attack command. Since I was planning on the player relaying mostly on skills anyway, it just made sense to remove attack from the equation altogether. Yes, it will take getting used to, but it will be much simpler when the skills are actually in. And then you won't have useless battle characters either (Poor Cordelia!)
The way the skills will be set up is like this:
- low SP cost, low damage/heal skills
- high SP cost, high damage/heal skills
- stat/resistance modifying skills
- SP-restoring skills
- once-per-battle skills
You're also be able to restore SP from items, such as Restoratives that you get in the first town as and a side quest reward. And there will most definitely be a battle tutorial - both at the beginning, and to review with an NPC in every town.

Thanks very much for your review! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the rest of it smile.gif

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 04:08 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.