iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Banjo-Kazooie RPG, An RPG fangame of the popular Banjo-Kazooie series!
cdabamsworth
post Dec 24 2010, 02:49 PM
Post #1

Jinjo
Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Lawful Good

Banjo-Kazooie RPG is my latest project, a game which I think has a lot of potential, and which I have been putting a huge amount of work into.

Characters
Spoiler:

Banjo - The main protagonist of the game, he is a goofy male honey bear sporting a blue backpack and a tight pair of yellow shorts. He is fairly polite and tries to talk his way out of situations and, like all good bears, he has a soft spot for honey. He is good natured; he rarely wishes anyone harm and only fights Gruntilda because he has to. He also has a positive reputation in Spiral Mountain and its surrounding areas, but he is not a hero with extraordinary powers. He is just an ordinary bear caught up in a rather frantic adventure.

Kazooie - The other protagonist, and Banjo's opposite, Kazooie is a sarcastic, loudmouthed red-crested breegull with a habit of getting in trouble. She often aggravates harmless characters causing them to start fights, and does herself no favours by talking her way into problems.

The duo are an interesting combination, and their contrasting personality causes many humorous conversations which will keep you entertained!

Gruntilda - The evil witch, a malicious villain who, in this latest installment, has gone mad with power. After Banjo saved his sister from being kidnapped by her, Grunty has chosen to destroy everything she can to do with Banjo and Kazooie, and attempt blasting them out of life forever.

Rastelda - A new character introduced in this game, Rastelda the Witch is the only sister of Gruntilda to have survived (one of her sisters was killed by natural causes and the other two were killed by Gruntilda herself). She saves her dying sister and aids her in her attempts to kill Banjo, Kazooie and anybody who helps them.

Bottles - This gentle mole is a good friend of the bear and bird, and is very concerned when he hears about recent events. He can be found all over the game as he has a network of tunnels underground, so if Banjo ever needs him, he doesn't have far to go. His molehills can be found all over the hubworld and gameworlds, and they serve to teach Banjo all the moves he needs to progress, as well as inform him as to the purpose of various places and items. He is rarely helpful, but tries his hardest, and is infamous for lecturing the bear and bird duo when it is not always necessary.

Mumbo - A long-time friend of Banjo and Kazooie, this shaman transforms Banjo and Kazooie into various different creatures and lifeforms so that they can progress in the game.

Klungo - Originally an assistant of Gruntilda, Klungo now helps Banjo by supplying him with potions and teaching him certain skills. He has a speech disorder that causes him to be rather incoherent at times, but his basic intention is to be appreciated. Klungo feeds off good praise and will continue doing anything if he is respected for it (which is why he left Grunty). He is not particularly good or evil, and he probably doesn't understand the entire story of Banjo and Grunty anyway, but he means well.

Other characters help / go against Banjo and Kazooie, both old and new.

Story
Spoiler:

A very brief explanation: Many years after the events of Banjo-Tooie, everything has calmed down. Suddenly, however, Rastelda makes an enormous discovery and manages to give Gruntilda, reduced to a skull in the last game, her body back. Grunty is sworn to revenge and immediately tries to cause as much trouble as she can. Banjo and Kazooie are set on another adventure, so long after the first two - they are a little rusty at first, but soon they are back in the swing of things, on a hilarious and rollercoaster plot!

This will be expanded upon tomorrow; I'm just busy with Christmas right now, but wanted to get this thread out for feedback etc. smile.gif

Worlds
Spoiler:

There are ten main worlds to explore. In each one, items must be collected, puzzles must be solved, and battles must take place. There is no traditional RPG world map.

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Credits
Spoiler:

Graphics
Me, Sen?, Sofresh85, LordBagardo, TowerOfTragedy, and the original part of the logo is by Rareware.
Credits for all the tilesets I used will be here very soon!

Audio
Music: Me, with some themes taken from the last games by Grant Kirkhope.
Narrator (voice over): Guy Harris

Scripts
Enu, Kylock, Mr. Bubble, Shu, Mog, Omegas7, Yanfly, Zeriab, Woratana, BulletXt, OriginalWij.

Demo coming soon!

Please discuss. smile.gif

This post has been edited by cdabamsworth: Dec 24 2010, 08:29 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Dec 24 2010, 08:41 PM
Post #2

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Well, I love me some Banjo-Kazooie. And this would be a perfect opportunity to bridge the gap between the 2nd and 3rd one.

--------------------

Come join Team Smash today!

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

Check out my tutorial and articles:
How to Write a Story
The Kaptain's Article Dump

+Quote Post

The JJ
post Dec 24 2010, 09:05 PM
Post #3

TGOD
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Looks good for a fan game, Let's just see how the demo is tongue.gif

--------------------

If anyone can sprite, draw RTP portraits and make HUD's then I will pay if someone would help me with some editing, Name the price and just PM me.

+Quote Post

Avvy
post Dec 24 2010, 09:39 PM
Post #4

Procrastinat-
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

Well, this looks interesting. I am certainly looking forward to this.
It's just those maps...They look so bland, and empty. Those are one thing I would
recommend on improving. Other than that, looks great!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Xephyr
post Dec 24 2010, 10:40 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

I can't even begin to explain how win this is.

--------------------

+Quote Post

djking1994
post Dec 27 2010, 10:38 PM
Post #6

JRPG FAN!!!!!
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

Great a Banjo game I will be playing this.

+Quote Post

LordBagardo
post Dec 28 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #7

First break their defences, then break their necks!
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Unaligned

It's nice to see a promising fan game! I will have sprites soon by the way, lol.

--------------------
I Support:
Spoiler:

I won second place in something! :D
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Radscythe
post Dec 28 2010, 06:51 PM
Post #8

Waiting for life to pass him by.
Group Icon

Just read over everything, and this actually sounds interesting, which is good because making a fangame already has you at odds with a few people.

It shows you've put work into it and I hope you don't give up!

--------------------
The words that sprout of lies to our souls; if they bear fruit the lies disappear.

Games:
Spoiler:
My Stuff:

Award:
Spoiler:

I support:
Spoiler:

<<< Stare at this in awe.

+Quote Post

cdabamsworth
post Jan 8 2011, 08:39 PM
Post #9

Jinjo
Group Icon

QUOTE (Avatar176 @ Dec 24 2010, 09:39 PM) *
Well, this looks interesting. I am certainly looking forward to this.
It's just those maps...They look so bland, and empty. Those are one thing I would
recommend on improving. Other than that, looks great!

Thanks for the heads up, but you should see some of my old maps..tongue.gif

This is actually seriously a map that I 'designed' in 2009...
Spoiler:

No jokes, dead serious, I thought that was actually a good map.

Another, just for the lols:

And to conclude a trilogy:

So while you may say my maps are a bit bland (I don't know, maybe that is true, it is definitely an improvement... laugh.gif

_____

On another note, I'll be writing the music, and I'd appreciate your opinion on this track I did for the factory level:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUXnAt2UMl8&t=0m12s

It's a tiny preview and it doesn't start in the beginning or end at the end, so I can understand how difficult it is to critique, but I would appreciate even a few words said about that one minute sample (the full song is 3 minutes long and includes a middle section).

This post has been edited by cdabamsworth: Jan 8 2011, 08:42 PM

+Quote Post

labox
post Jan 8 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Good

This look really awesome! I can't wait to see this developed. If you need help with some events I qcan always be of service. tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Avvy
post Jan 9 2011, 08:32 PM
Post #11

Procrastinat-
Group Icon

....I completely lol'd when I saw that map. biggrin.gif
It's okay, we were all like that at one point.

After seeing that, it is a major improvement. Just two maps in the screenshot look bland and empty.
But, it's just two, I'm sure the rest are awesome. wink.gif

And that music piece is all win. Did you make that yourself?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Jan 10 2011, 02:28 AM
Post #12

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

That song is very BK-ish. What I would suggest is to give it industrial noises, to make it sound more "factory." As for the maps, I think you should do what I'm doing; make the maps, then get someone to draw maps over those, so that they aren't RTP, and instead have the potential to seem like an actual BK game. Unless, of course, you come across decent BK tiles.

--------------------

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

How to Write a Story

+Quote Post

Cass
post Jan 15 2011, 01:38 AM
Post #13

*Insert something slightly wise and satirical*
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

Well, I must say... You've come a long way from when I remember seeing your screenshots in 2009.
Honestly, then, I thought you were going to bomb.

BUT... I am very excited to see that you have improved greatly, and I think it could be well on its way to becoming a great game.

The Industrial Factory song you made... Wow. It definitely does have a Banjo Kazooie feel to it. Didn't you create some other pieces, a while ago?
I think it sounds really good. BUT... Just a little but...

I hope that it there will be more variation to the theme. It's quite good for setting the mood, but like the BK Music, it should have that... Pizazz included.
You know... the spice. The part people can't wait to hear. Also, it probably should have a more industrial feel to it, as Kaptain J said. You could
probably make the brass harsher in some places, add dripping and whirrs. You know, all the bells and whistles.

Anyway, I'll keep my eye on this game. I'm hoping for the best. C: Ciao!

--------------------

*Mwah*

+Quote Post

squirrelmg
post Jan 21 2011, 01:36 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

This looks really neat! I can tell you are putting effort into it.

As I am caught saying to nearly everyone, lose the RTP. But, it doesn't look bad, just the chipset.

There are two things I don't think you've mentioned:
Is a demo coming anytime soon? And, what are the game's features, how is the gameplay and stuff like that?
But this looks cool so keep it going. smile.gif

--------------------
Click any of the images below for info about some of my COMPLETE games:

Or, you can visit my website to see and download even more of my games!

+Quote Post

Biflspud
post Feb 5 2011, 02:55 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Banjo looks too much like Pedobear, to be honest. The sprite is in keeping with the usual big headed RPG style.. but given that he's a bear, all big headed bears unfortunately remind me of

The mapping is a little boxy looking - try putting Klungo in more of a laboratory? Or a potion brewing setting, where he has herbs and berries in buckets, ready to go into a cauldron? Might help "spread" things out a bit more naturally.

This post has been edited by Biflspud: Feb 5 2011, 02:56 PM

--------------------
In development: Also-Ran RPG. When the world's in trouble and the main party has vanished, you get stuck with the 2nd tier guys!

Helpful resources: Chibi Creator - EZ character maker; in Japanese, but its obvious enough what to do.

+Quote Post

mikethefoxhog
post Feb 11 2011, 09:06 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

That music sounds exactly like something from a Banjo Kazooie game. And is catchy as hell too. o:

But like someone else said it needs sound effects dotted through it, like I'm pretty sure every BK track has. Then it'd be perfect.

Also, best idea for a game ever.

This post has been edited by mikethefoxhog: Feb 11 2011, 09:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

cdabamsworth
post Dec 20 2011, 12:43 PM
Post #17

Jinjo
Group Icon

Hello all,

Been a while, and I'm in need of some more assistance. It isn't a huge project, so I hope the idea of helping with creativity (story / writing), visuals (mapping, spriting) and some general help in RPGVX will sound good to you?

I really want to get this finished.

If so, please drop me a line. Thank you. x

This post has been edited by cdabamsworth: Dec 20 2011, 12:43 PM

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Dec 21 2011, 12:47 AM
Post #18

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

I'd be willing to help you with creativity.

--------------------

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

How to Write a Story

+Quote Post

cdabamsworth
post Dec 26 2011, 12:07 PM
Post #19

Jinjo
Group Icon

Mainly needed are people to help with mapping; two or three would be perfect. Ideally, people that could use parallaxes / photo editor to distort the map appropriately, something I wish I could do.

If you have these skills and wish to help out, please let me know asap! It won't be much. I can reward you wink.gif

QUOTE (Kaptain J @ Dec 21 2011, 12:47 AM) *
I'd be willing to help you with creativity.

That'd be excellent. Thank you very much; I'll PM you.

+Quote Post

Naku-Raccoon
post Apr 9 2012, 05:47 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

I can't wait for the finished product.

--------------------
I support

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 01:47 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.