iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> -TheUndreaming-, v0.2.1 (need help with a map..)
theundreamer
post Dec 24 2010, 11:13 PM
Post #1

Lord of the Underworld
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Evil

SUPPORT! happy.gif

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=40492/"][img]http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/1921/thunbar.png[/img][/url]

LATEST UPDATE\

UPDATE 0.2.1
Spoiler:

:: 15 Aug 2011 ::

NOTES

* [Demo] The Undreaming v0.2.1. on hold (fixing additional errors found in Level 1)
* Level 2 partially fixed, still working on it
* Main lobby in Level 3 needs.... a lot more work, lol

-TheUndreaming-(|||||) 21%

-------------------------------------------------------
*** WARNING ***

The thread replies/critiques must be clean please, no flaming or cursing, etc etc follow board rules. The game
itself it NOT targeted for younger viewers, containing more dark and 'macabre' scenes and description, language,
reference of sexual themes, drugs (although fantasy drugs), alcohol, and other such more 'adult' nature nonsense.

You have been advised.

[Demo]The Undreaming v0.2.1 (on hold..)

Spoiler:

On a distant world called Vas, many ruthless wars have been waged, and prices paid.
For ages the 'Incarnates' mortal 'champions' for the supernatural forces of Light and
Darkness, have fought to control Vas's fate. Near the end of the fourth Era, the Dark
Incarnate had finally won, destroying the Divine Source and The Undreaming was left
to devour that world.

Now The Undreaming has its goals set on Earth, and new Incarnates must be chosen..

--------------------------

Spoiler:

====== NATARI ======
The cosmos began as an omnipotent being known as 'Natari' in the ancient tongue which meant "Perfect". Gazing upon
its own glory being the only thing in existence it soon began to doubt its purpose. No companion, no emotions, and
no sense to do anything, Natari began to doubt itself and a darkness was born. The Undreaming was created eating
away at Natari like cancer, creating nothing but dark cosmic spherical Voids. Natari couldn't fight it by mere will
alone but The Dreaming was created in defense. The Dreaming created life and other creations within these Voids to
make each of them a separate universe and realm - to create life when there was none.

====== THE DREAMING ======
It is said the world of Vas among many others were created by the 'Divine Source', but many believe that this
'Divine Source' was not a being or a place, but the very existence of thoughts and ideas - The Dreaming. It is this
entity people say, that people go when they dream or when they are ready to be reborn on another world from after
death.

====== THE UNDREAMING ======
While Lord Rael, the God of Death is a taker of life, he has not the power to undo creation. Even all the dark gods
fear the evil that is beyond any sin or corruption, that only seeks to destroy and undo the cosmos, to create
nothing but The Void - a realm of nothingness.

====== THE VOID ======
A place of darkness that destroys any mortal or god that enters its domain.

====== THE NINE GATES ======
Every faith believes in an afterlife, one of bliss and one of suffering. The Nine Gates are the Nine Hells of the
Nether, each protected by a Guardian to an inner circle. If a damned soul makes it to the 9th inner circle they
earn their way to The Dreaming... if they are torn apart by demons or fail their tests they are sent to the
Undreaming to be consumed as food for power.

====== THE WORLDS - Vas ======
There are four continents:

GAL'THORIA
The continent where most adventures of the Vas Campaign takes places. This is where all the magical beings,
threats, and excitement happens. Its filled with lush marshes, large green grassy fields, mountains, caves, lakes
and rivers, and the typical setting. There is a small desert to the south east corner of the continent, the Dune of
Ashes, it leads through a small canal to the southern continent:

THULANE
A wasteland of desert or volcanic grounds where its said the great Dragons reside. Not much is there besides
strange creatures, to include Outsiders.

FAHL'AHARA
The main continent, the "Motherland" where the Arkithurian Empire originated and is the largest continent,
basically all grassland with a star-shaped mountain range originating from the center toward the edges filled with
many rivers and a couple lakes in the norther part.

D'NAI CRYSTEN
An entire continent of ice and snow. Inhabited by Ice Dragons, Ice Demons, the D'nari (Dark Elves), Kasha'Rae -
demonic/dragon beings who are excellent in forging magical arms and armor by the use of souls - and other foul
beings.

====== THE WORLDS - Earth ======

It is as we know it. The current year: 2024

Science has reached a new peak in research as now some humans have developed
the psychic abilities of telepathy, telekinesis, and possibly even more! These 'Psions'
have been feared by the common folk and naturally the government has attempted
to recruit for the psions to be included in special military units.

====== RACES ======

Humans - The average day citizen.

Psions - Advanced humans with psychic abilities.

Androids - Human replicated robots with higher mechanical functions allowing them to take more
hits as well as computing skills (plus hacking).

====== CLASSES ======

Soldier - Trained by the military, you've become an expert in marksmanship and tactical movements.
-Gives morale bonuses to party if the Leader (+5 on all attributes, Strength, Defense, Psionics, Reflexes)
-Efficiently use ropes
-Can use most weapons at the start
-Can use basic med-kit

Hacker - No combat skills at all, but you can hack a network to make it seem the world revolves around you.
-No risk of failure on hacking into [Secret] Computers if the Leader (failure can lead to alarms or worse..)
-Can hack computers or security locks required access cards
-Repair/Use broken androids, Mechs, or A.C.U.F.s (Advanced Combat Unmanned Flyers)
-Can use a basic knife (poorly..)

Doctor - Use your medical knowledge to your advantage. Heal the party, drug up enemies to be unable
to fight, and continue your medical research to enhance psychic powers or other.
-Party gets an auto-HP recovery bonus if the Leader (1hp per every so often)
-Can use med-kits, surgical tools, and The Recovery Shot items
-Can use drug items on enemies to weaken, or Enhancement items on party to strengthen one of their
four attributes (STR, DEF, PSI, REF)
-Has access to the (Research) options on computers and chem labs to further enhance
drug/enhancement effects, create new chemicals and other fun stuff

======================

Spoiler:

-Ring Menu by Syvkal

-Omega7's Quest System (Just press the "J" button to bring up your journal or locate your journal book in your inventory)

Hotkeys Now you can access the menus quicker:
* Press "C" to access character sheet
* Press "P" to access your 'powers' or see your current Proficiencies (yes you must be proficient to use something)
* As above, press "J" to access your journal

More will come soon, still updating everything..\

-Proficiencies
To make things more complicated, you must be proficient with something to use it! All characters
start with a Melee Proficiency so they can use bats, clubs, swords, knives, etc, but depending on class
the character can only use certain types of weapons, items, or skills (or powers if a psion). For example
one must have Heavy Weapons proficiecy in order to use a .50 cal sniper rifle or mini-gun, Turret Prof.
to use anti-aircraft guns or other turret based weapons, sand so on and so forth.

-The creepiness
Through the game, your character is going to be bombarded with hallucinations, mind numbing nightmares,
and psionic powers that (s)he will have to resist. You have two bars that represent your main features, the
green bar is your health (Bdy = for body), and the black one represents your mental capacity (Mnd = for mind).
The more damage psions do to your mind, the maximum Mnd will decrease until it reaches 0... if it reaches this
point, you have lost. There will be mini-sessions where you can fight off some of these phantoms and instead
victory will grant you MORE Mnd! So its not always a bad thing...

-The Mystery
During your investigation of the happenings in the world with all this psionic and supernatural activity, you'll
discover other secrets regarding the Incarnates and about The Undreaming itself. Unraveling the entire
mystery will unlock greater rewards! (okay this is kind of a rip off of The Truth from Assassins Creed, but
just go with the flow tongue.gif and you'll actually get in-game rewards, not just a cinematic).

=====================

Spoiler:

New Title Screen

Sample HUD (not actual character graphic. Used from a previous game of mine heh... )

Hacker's starting Proficiencies and Skills:

Start (or 2nd part rather after Male/Female chooser) of Character Creator:

The power goes out strangely and the alarms go off...

Darn elevator won't close.. wait.. is that bloody footsteps coming toward me?

Well too late for that guy..

Just 2nd level's map for a view of the area to come >:) (and P.S. thanks again celianna, your generators are awesome happy.gif)

BEING RE-UPDATED . . .

In Progress:
[future screenies to be put in here]

Spoiler:

BEING RE-UPDATED . . .

- ??? -
RACE: Human
CLASS: ???
Bio:
At the beginning you'll choose your name, gender, and class. You'll be human, but your backstory is
determined by the character options you choose. And your future shall be written by your hand as
well...

- Sarah Fuller -
CLASS: Civilian
Bio:
Sarah is the head of a government project called the Psi-Tech Commandos, a secret operatives
group dealing with infiltration and extraction of dangerous psions... and if necessary, termination.
Sarah, although not the MAIN antagonist of the game, is a threat and danger to you and tries
to hinder your progress of the supernatural phenomenon.

- Michael Stanley -
RACE: Psion
CLASS: Soldier
Bio:
Michael was born of the telekinetic gifts and can move objects with his mind, as well a few other
things. He enlisted into the military to be part of the Psi-Tech Commandos but once he found out
the dirty work the boss, Ms. Fuller, makes them do, he had gone AWOL a few weeks back before
all the psionic and supernatural events started taking place. His last whereabouts are unknown..

- Lisa 3.0 -
RACE: Android
CLASS: Doctor
Bio:
Lisa is an android build by the military originally as an infiltrator and assassin, using medical
knowledge to kill her enemies without much notice, but due to a recent supernatural event,
she was freed from her emotional inhibitors and felt compassion for her patients and began a
life outside the military as an actual doctor.

- Edward "Eddy" Patterson -
CLASS: Hacker
Bio:
Eddy was one of the braniacs in his class, graduated with honors, 4.0 GPA, scholarship to
the school of his choice, and is one of the worlds most renowned (or unknown rather)
hackers whose interest peeks once the unnatural phenomenon begins happening.

(More coming soon...)

This post has been edited by theundreamer: Aug 17 2011, 09:49 PM

--------------------
"Mindrape is just like violence or pizza, if it doesn't solve a problem, you just don't have enough of it going on"-FinalJustice(Giantip forums)

Support plz ^_^

Current Progress(|||||) 19%

I Support:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

theundreamer
post Jan 22 2011, 05:44 PM
Post #2

Lord of the Underworld
Group Icon

[Old post - doesn't pertain to current project]

This post has been edited by theundreamer: Aug 6 2011, 05:13 PM

--------------------
"Mindrape is just like violence or pizza, if it doesn't solve a problem, you just don't have enough of it going on"-FinalJustice(Giantip forums)

Support plz ^_^

I Support:

+Quote Post

Dezz123
post Jan 22 2011, 08:22 PM
Post #3

Yes.
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

I'm loving the title.
The maps are also pretty decent, however ABS doesn't always work well so you might wanna make sure you set everything up, then recheck them, etc.

--------------------
This is a signature. :3

Oh, and yeah, I'm back! Why? 'Cause I can, I guess...

+Quote Post

theundreamer
post Jan 22 2011, 09:21 PM
Post #4

Lord of the Underworld
Group Icon

[Old post - doesn't pertain to current project]

This post has been edited by theundreamer: Aug 6 2011, 05:13 PM

--------------------

Support plz ^_^

I Support:

+Quote Post

theundreamer
post Jul 29 2011, 06:07 PM
Post #5

Lord of the Underworld
Group Icon

UPDATED!

The project is being re-done thanks to a few inspirations (F.E.A.R. series, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, the upcoming Dead Island, and Deadspace) all fantastic games, and I just couldn't help but turn my adventure/fantasy into a modern day survival horror /psycho thriller happy.gif so please bare with me as the chances are being taken place, and hope you like the upcoming screenies, characters, plot, and all that stuff.

Any/all help still appreciated if you want to help with characters, plot twists/turns etc, feel free to PM me.

--------------------

Support plz ^_^

I Support:

+Quote Post

13thSyndicate
post Jul 30 2011, 04:26 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Type: Writer

Ooooo, this looks really interesting! I can't wait to see where this goes~ Any idea when a demo or anything will come up?

+Quote Post

theundreamer
post Jul 30 2011, 07:39 PM
Post #7

Lord of the Underworld
Group Icon

QUOTE (13thSyndicate @ Jul 29 2011, 11:26 PM) *
Ooooo, this looks really interesting! I can't wait to see where this goes~ Any idea when a demo or anything will come up?

As of right now, no. I am re-doing the entire database at the moment, but I can tell you the game play style is going to be different for each class you pick. Just a quick example might be... you play as a Soldier and you reach a door that can only be unlocked if you were a Hacker so you must go on a alternate path during that mission which might unlock 1/3 content, and if you go through again as the Hacker you can go through that path and unlock another 1/3, and go through again as Doctor, you'd find/unlock the last portion, etc.

As for additional information will be updated as I go along, but not too much of course happy.gif don't wanna give away all the surprises hehe.

--------------------

Support plz ^_^

I Support:

+Quote Post

theundreamer
post Jul 30 2011, 09:24 PM
Post #8

Lord of the Underworld
Group Icon

Okay updated again. The sample HUD forgot to mention here is the "LEGEND"::

the "1" in the middle of the skull == Your Level
GREEN BAR = Your health BODY [Bdy]
BLACK BAR = Your mental stability MIND [Mnd]
BLUE BAR = Your experience [Exp]
Blue boxes on the right (Your chosen weapon) and IF Body armor is equipped, you get the body armor on the right.
Body armor == 500 points. If you take 15 damage, 15 points will be taken off of your body armor until it reaches 0, and then you loose it.
You can replenish body armor by picking up another one.
BLK/GRAY BAR = Your flashlight, press "F" to use, will lighten up dark areas. You must first HAVE a flashlight to use.
SMALL GREEN ICON TOP RIGHT CORNER == Stealth Icon (this means you must sneak through an area instead of using
combat. If you are caught, it is game over.

--------------------

Support plz ^_^

I Support:

+Quote Post

13thSyndicate
post Aug 1 2011, 09:30 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Neeeaaaaatttt!!!! This is definitely really cool and I"ll be keeping a close eye on this!

+Quote Post

theundreamer
post Aug 1 2011, 10:17 PM
Post #10

Lord of the Underworld
Group Icon

QUOTE (13thSyndicate @ Aug 1 2011, 04:30 PM) *
Neeeaaaaatttt!!!! This is definitely really cool and I"ll be keeping a close eye on this!

Well I appreciate your enthusiasm heh, I'll try not to disappoint wink.gif A new update/screenshot should be ready this coming Saturday (hopefully with first map lol) But still working on the Pick-Up system. For some reason the bullets don't wanna show when I equip them :\

--------------------

Support plz ^_^

I Support:

+Quote Post

theundreamer
post Aug 6 2011, 05:11 PM
Post #11

Lord of the Underworld
Group Icon

Project Update v0.0.3
--------------------------------
* Intro complete
* Character creation complete
* 5 new screenshots
* about 1/5 way done with 1st area? lol

Will keep you updated.

--------------------

Support plz ^_^

I Support:

+Quote Post

theundreamer
post Aug 9 2011, 01:06 AM
Post #12

Lord of the Underworld
Group Icon

Project Update v0.0.4

* Finished Level 1
* Fixed a few bugs
* Uploaded 'teaser' demo

Enjoy so far, please leave comments, concerns, suggestions

--------------------

Support plz ^_^

I Support:

+Quote Post

Zuxeria
post Aug 9 2011, 02:09 AM
Post #13

My Mind my rules
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Looks really good...
So you are back? wink.gif

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

Quotes:
Spoiler:
Let's eat quicker then.....
That was delicious. Now where were we?
*begins 80s high speed montage to speed up travels*
NOW ZUXERIA WE GOT YOU! - CrimsonItsuki

Fenix: HOW DARE YOU DIVIDE BY ZERO!!!! D:<<<
*head asplodes* - Zetu

If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
- Magus; Chrono Trigger

All I want is world peace... or a piece of the world. - Nun ; Chrono Trigger

Run, run, or you'll be well done! - Kefka

You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in? - Sabin

"No one touches Oghren's junk and lives!" - Oghren

Currently working at:
Spoiler:

My game
Spriter ;)

My posts:
Spoiler:

Stupid Tests:

NYAN CAT!! Also Slowoke ('cause slowpoke is the greatest pokemon ever):
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

theundreamer
post Aug 9 2011, 02:12 AM
Post #14

Lord of the Underworld
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zuxeria @ Aug 8 2011, 09:09 PM) *
Looks really good...
So you are back? wink.gif

yup. the sci-fi project is on hold, decided to make a horror game in more modern (semi-future) lol. I like them ghosty-creepy movies so
what better than to have a psychological thriller/survival horror?! Boo ya! Of course you're still welcome to help with spriting or whichever
if you still want to, heh

--------------------

Support plz ^_^

I Support:

+Quote Post

Zuxeria
post Aug 9 2011, 02:27 AM
Post #15

My Mind my rules
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

If you want to.. I'm currently working on my current project but I have some time to spriting wink.gif

--------------------
I support:
Spoiler:

Quotes:
Spoiler:
Let's eat quicker then.....
That was delicious. Now where were we?
*begins 80s high speed montage to speed up travels*
NOW ZUXERIA WE GOT YOU! - CrimsonItsuki

Fenix: HOW DARE YOU DIVIDE BY ZERO!!!! D:<<<
*head asplodes* - Zetu

If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
- Magus; Chrono Trigger

All I want is world peace... or a piece of the world. - Nun ; Chrono Trigger

Run, run, or you'll be well done! - Kefka

You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in? - Sabin

"No one touches Oghren's junk and lives!" - Oghren

Currently working at:
Spoiler:

My game
Spriter ;)

My posts:
Spoiler:

Stupid Tests:

NYAN CAT!! Also Slowoke ('cause slowpoke is the greatest pokemon ever):
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

theundreamer
post Aug 9 2011, 12:32 PM
Post #16

Lord of the Underworld
Group Icon

okay will PM u the details, will leave comments section for further comments, concerns, suggestions, things of that nature, heh

--------------------

Support plz ^_^

I Support:

+Quote Post

theundreamer
post Aug 9 2011, 09:14 PM
Post #17

Lord of the Underworld
Group Icon

I feel really dumb... forgot to switch the script back to watch intro before main menu *sigh* ... lol re-uploaded and OP is updated now with correct demo happy.gif

--------------------

Support plz ^_^

I Support:

+Quote Post

theundreamer
post Aug 12 2011, 12:52 PM
Post #18

Lord of the Underworld
Group Icon

Mini-update:

Okay Level 2 isn't going to be finished by Saturday as I thought it would be (just a little behind). Might be on sunday... will post when level 2 is finish with the update and changes, along with an updated demo for play-testing. More screenshots and info to come on next update as well happy.gif

--------------------

Support plz ^_^

I Support:

+Quote Post

theundreamer
post Aug 14 2011, 02:14 AM
Post #19

Lord of the Underworld
Group Icon

v0.1.9 update

[Demo] updated for Levels 1 and 2.... 1 should be 100% done (if anymore errors found please report on here or by PM).
Level 2 ... well not much actually in it, just SOME decorations and connectivity so you should be able to at least finish it.

Come my little hamsters... play.... hehe tongue.gif

--------------------

Support plz ^_^

I Support:

+Quote Post

theundreamer
post Aug 17 2011, 09:50 PM
Post #20

Lord of the Underworld
Group Icon

Okay need help real quick... I have problems with cities period because I never really done a modern one before.. and second, I'm semi-parralaxing it, so its even more difficult for me to make it 'look right'. So any feed back and suggestions would be appreciated. Here is current map:

Spoiler:

--------------------

Support plz ^_^

I Support:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 05:55 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.