iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> ATTENTION!

Do not post questions about Ace in this section. Any and all Ace related support should be posted in the Ace section found here.

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Making Enemies Disappear After They Are Killed
Starphyer
post Jan 13 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Unaligned

I want the monsters in my game to be visible, and I want a battle to start when they are touched. This, I know how to do. The problem I have is making them disappear after they are defeated, and reappear when you re-enter the map.

I tried using the Erase Event command... But either I did it wrong or I misunderstood how it was meant to be used. I've searched google and this forum numerous times for a fix and, either it's an easy one I'm too dumb to see, or no one has had the problem yet? Please help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Misiu
post Jan 14 2011, 01:22 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Coder

In event add second page and use self switch. Example self switch a = 0 (use checkbox on left of your screen).
Then on fisth page add this:
battle processing (any opponent you want)
if win
controle selfswich a = on

and thats it smile.gif

Sorry for my english. I hopeyou get the point.

+Quote Post

Starphyer
post Jan 14 2011, 02:32 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

It doesn't respawn when I re-enter...

I made a second page, with no graphic or anything, with self-switch A set as the condition... Then on Page 1 I made a battle processing event, with if win: Self-Switch A = On...

It works for the disappearing, but don't I need to turn the switch back off? To make the monster come back? How would I do that? I could make an event at the doorway--that should work, right? And I would have to do this at every entrance and exit to the room?

--EDIT--

Okay, I made a new page on the doorway leading out of the room. I set the page to player touch, condition: Switch A = On, and the event is to turn switch A off. So, if I just turned switch A off... When I come back into the room, shouldn't the monster be back? Unless I set it the other way around?

...The monster appears when switch A is on. And disappears when it is off?

This post has been edited by Starphyer: Jan 14 2011, 02:40 AM

+Quote Post

Cyl
post Jan 14 2011, 02:40 AM
Post #4

inactive.
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Neutral Good

Ahhh, I see. So you want to 're-spawn' the monsters without leaving the map, right?

You could add this in the second page. Set it to parallel process to work.
Wait X frame(s)
Control Self Switch A = OFF

Wait X frames will be how long you want the monster to reappear. 1 second = 60 frames
Although it'll be more complicated if you want to re-spawn the monster to a different location.

EDIT: Self switches work on their individual events. So EVENT A's self switch is different from EVENT B's self switch.

--------------------
One word:
Paradichlorobenzene

(Currently inactive)

+Quote Post

Starphyer
post Jan 14 2011, 02:57 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Oh thank you so much!!! This works perfectly!!

And thanks for explaining the 1/60s thing for the frames... I had no idea what that meant (although now that I look at it it means 1 frame = 1 sixtieth of a second).

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 10:15 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.