iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Note for Early Project Feedback Threads

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Valhalla Tactics TRPG, introductory demo uploaded 30 min long
new
post Oct 27 2011, 02:07 PM
Post #61

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

i'm done with a 30 min demo, 4 battles, but you still can't access the world map from that part so i wouldn't want to release it that way. anyway, i've got 2 new groups - Elves from Alfenheim and the Vagabonds (human clan) !

i think i'm running out of soundtracks to put, ahh, the file size is getting larger! lots of graphics and mp3->ogg edits.

prolly when the story goes upto chapter 2 i can release a worthwhile demo which will include the 20 sidequests i've finished. guild wars will be available by chapter 3. biggrin.gif well all the 8v8 battles are done, i'm just focusing on the storytelling part.

the world map is really good, personally. it has most of what's from Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, Fire Emblem, Front Mission 3.

two new features - Snapdragon and Biorhythm (fortune telling thing).

--------------------
download here
(Ask before using a bar from someone's sig -Touchfuzzy)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

bioteam
post Oct 28 2011, 12:20 PM
Post #62

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

I'm so downloading this, I'll comment once I've finished it. Looks very nice!

--------------------

Supported:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Kaimi
post Oct 28 2011, 06:32 PM
Post #63

RPGMakerVX.net's official Seranille lover
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Good

You lack the font in the project (in other words: you didn't provide font in the project): I can't see what they are sayin'! You're gonna need high DEF to resist my Attack ;D Just kidding, but seriously: just tell the name of the font needed; maybe it's on the net.

--------------------

Thanks to Kaviator for the signature

My resources
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

new
post Oct 28 2011, 09:29 PM
Post #64

Group Icon

i thought that was the default font "Arial Rounded MT Bold" in MS Word 2007

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

new
post Nov 4 2011, 11:06 PM
Post #65

Group Icon

i've added a new feature! weapon and armor upgrades! yay! you can upgrade your weapon, shields, helmets, and body armors upto +10! and there is a success rate =) well i'm still thinking if i''' call the items scrolls or gems.. maybe just the same from ragnarok online - oredicons and eluniums? haha.

i'm just thinking that, it'd be unfair for enemies who can't have their equips upgraded! haha, well not to worry, equip levels won't be displayed on the status windows.. just on the item window and equip window. this gets me excited to finish upto chapter 2. things will be easier from there.

i also found another great script, recruiting generic members. all generic members can be recruited once. then when you level them up, you can dismiss them for money! it's not that perfect, but i still think it's good enough. since each kingdom will have 4 unique characters to recruit from.

EDIT:

also i'm working on a transformation system, aura system. haha. so manythings to implement. i'm getting quite confused of balancing enemy units and map difficulties lol.

This post has been edited by new: Nov 5 2011, 12:30 AM

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

new
post Nov 7 2011, 12:27 AM
Post #66

Group Icon

i've successfully made an evented transformation system! and also another evented aura system..

when the main character gains gems, like in jeanne d'arc, she can transform into powerful forms..

auras work like this, when an enemy unit dies, an aura is left on its place and when the player picks it up, it gains bonus! this system is similar to the tarot cards tactics ogre luct.

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

new
post Dec 3 2011, 03:41 PM
Post #67

Group Icon

seems like this didnt interest people.. haha.. well, this will be a short game.. i'll just continue with the stuffs.. chapter 2 soon.

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

jaydee15
post Dec 4 2011, 02:40 AM
Post #68

Something coherent... Also Muscle Milk
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Good

@New:
LOL! Don't worry about the lack of comments. As long as you finish what you started. smile.gif

--------------------
"Kinda bored, but still working on my project."
==========
I support:

==========
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

edo'o
post Dec 30 2011, 02:11 PM
Post #69

Group Icon

why the tomoaky srpg2 link is broken

+Quote Post

new
post Dec 30 2011, 02:40 PM
Post #70

Group Icon

what do you mean broken? my game or the script demo? they're both okay.. i just checked.. try using another browser..

EDIT:
seems like the demo link was removed.. well anyways here it is

also, if you guys cant see the text.. the font is "Arial Rounded MT Bold"..

This post has been edited by new: Dec 31 2011, 01:18 AM

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

posfan12
post Jan 5 2012, 01:17 AM
Post #71

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Might want to switch to a different font since the one you are using requires us to purchase a license.

+Quote Post

Confederacy
post Jan 5 2012, 02:02 AM
Post #72

Hello, my sweet lil' honey bee.
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

QUOTE (posfan12 @ Jan 4 2012, 09:17 PM) *
Might want to switch to a different font since the one you are using requires us to purchase a license.

Or you can just simply download it from here for free.

I remember trying the demo a while ago but was way to busy that I eventually put it down and forgot about it. I think I'll give it a proper go tomorrow.

--------------------

Games (they have links! Click them!): Coming soon with *truly* remarkable games!
Oh oh oh, can I contribute to this conversation!?
I have an opinion about a game.

You're an idiot!

+Quote Post

new
post Apr 16 2012, 07:56 AM
Post #73

Group Icon

just a bump, this project is still alive..

i will be uploading a new video soon featuring guild VS guild fights in arena missions..

some new features have been added by me thanks to the korean mod, such as multi hit attacks for both weapons and skills.. and a first strike feature.

summons, warps, traps, tamings, refresh, map skills, link skills.. are still being studied by me in scripting..

for those who have played the demo thanks, there's more to come..

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

new
post Oct 30 2012, 11:01 PM
Post #74

Group Icon

just a bump on my project. more features to come, i will release a the new demo soon. hope to hear some feedbacks of the current demo.

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

Johnny0798
post Oct 31 2012, 12:27 AM
Post #75

If you're reading THIS, you're not reading THIS.
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Neutral Good

Fire Emblem is one of my favorite games!
I'm really looking forward for this project!
Too bad you lost everything... sad.gif
If this happened to me... wacko.gif
When this is done, I'll definitely download!!! happy.gif

--------------------
My Works:

I have to make another support bar for my VX project, but while there isn't one, come here.
My script, Improved Window_Status. I should make a bar for it too!

- Join Deb, Mace, Akod, Johnny and Sketcy in the quest to uncover the secrets of the Yggdrasil Labyrinth!

I support:

- I ORDER you to play this!

Open the spoiler if you're new to the forum:
Spoiler:
Before everything, read the Forum's Rules.

Make an introduction of yourself here! Don't be shy! We don't bite! At least, I don't!

If you have problems with Switches, Variables or anything else related to events, take a look at Aindra's RPG Maker VX School, the best tutorial ever! Download the Practice Events to test your eventing skills!

Post projects made in RPG Maker VX here! Read the Rules and Guidelines before posting! Projects on any other program come here. Be sure to play other people's games too.

Check out our resources here! Request resources here. Make sure you read this and this before requesting!

Have any troubles using VX? Ask for help here! Read this, this and this before asking for help.

Get scripts for your game here! Don't say "Your script gives me an error saying "superclass mismatch"! What do I do?". If this happens, you're using VX Ace, and there's no other way around this than requesting it to be converted to RGSS3 here.

Request scripts for VX, and ONLY VX, here! If you have trouble using a script, ask for help here.

If you're working too much on your projects, take a rest here and here!

Do you use RPG Maker VX Ace Lite? Come to the brand-new Ace Lite section found here! I just don't know why is there a scripting section inside it, as Ace Lite has no scripting support, from what I've heard.

Well, I think that's all. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask, like I am!

+Quote Post

Akod
post Oct 31 2012, 12:38 AM
Post #76

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I decided to download this so I could give you some feedback, but I encountered an issue immediately. Is there a specific reason why no one says anything when the text boxes pop up?

Also, did you know that this thread's name has had a typo this whole time? lol

--------------------

Having issues eventing something? Feel free to send me a message and I will see what I can do!

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

new
post Oct 31 2012, 05:09 AM
Post #77

Group Icon

oh yeah.. the font issue.. i havent uploaded the demo.. "Arial Rounded MT Bold" here

@akod: ooops.. sorry >.< missed the 'L'

This post has been edited by new: Oct 31 2012, 05:10 AM

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

Akod
post Nov 1 2012, 07:05 PM
Post #78

Group Icon

So I just finished the demo and it was really fun. It really reminded me of when I played FF Tactics.

Here is my feedback
Spoiler:

1. I lost the first battle because I moved Cryson into the goal spot thinking you had to get everyone there one by one and had Vanya move behind him. I then got stuck and was beat to death by an enemy who blocked us in, making it impossible to get Vanya to the goal point.

2. NPC players will randomly not attack after moving next to enemies, even if they aren't badly hurt.

3. It is a bit strange that an ally runs during the "enemy phase" if they are a guest.

4. I am not sure if this is due to how the battle system works, but I saved at the very beginning of the fight and it showed Cryson in my party already.

5. It does not make sense to be able move after choosing to defend. Usually you would change your stance when you defend which would be messed up by moving.

6. In the cave after the slime battle Melwir says "The war has gone worse". It should be "gotten", not "gone".

7. During the harpy battle Vanya fell, but I was unable to revive her because her body immediately vanished so there was nothing to use the yggdrassil leaf on.

I hope this was helpful, it isn't the style of game I am used to giving feedback for. I can't wait for the new demo to be released.

--------------------

Having issues eventing something? Feel free to send me a message and I will see what I can do!

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

new
post Nov 2 2012, 10:43 AM
Post #79

Group Icon

thanks akod! smile.gif

1. well for stage 1, it will only check if vanya has reached the goal, not if any ally.
2. i noticed that too, its part of the scripts default AI
3. NPC and PNPC will move during enemy phase as per script
4. i havent noticed that, and that could be a bug, or i missed out something. i'll check smile.gif
5. I see you have found the advance tactics! tomoaky designed that, pressing cancel after making a move, that way you can setup assist formations. that's the "exploitable bug".
6 >.< thanks for the grammar notice.
7. you cant revive guests. well i was also thinking of making future generic chars vanish when they die too, tongue.gif

hmm, you didnt reach the city yet?

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

Akod
post Nov 2 2012, 03:25 PM
Post #80

Group Icon

City? What city? After I finished the battle with the merchant and went through the menu it showed a snowy map for a second and went right back to the title screen.

And for number 7; a guest did not fall, unless the main character is a guest. The harpy was not the one who fell, Vanya was.

Also, I forgot to say this in my last post, but I really like the title screen, it's a beautiful image.

--------------------

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 06:45 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.