iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
29 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Relic, ~4/3/12 Slow Progress + New Art!
Relic Question
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 50
Guests cannot vote 
Twidger
post Jan 28 2011, 02:35 AM
Post #1

Everyday I'm Shufflin'
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

CHAPTER 3 DEMO RELEASED!

Yes, the Chapter 3 demo is here! Like before, we have one with, and without VA. But also all three Chapters in one.

Chapter 3 Only

With Voice Acting
(262 MB)

Without Voice Acting
(262 MB)

*Coming Soon*

Chapter 1-3

With Voice Acting
(262 MB)

Without Voice Acting
(262 MB)

*Coming Soon*

Story

The Relic. Handed down, generation after generation by the royal family, nobody knows what it's purpose is. It is said, that during the Meteor Shower that occurs once every 5 years, if the girl with the pure voice sings the Song of the Seas, then the Relic will reveal its purpose. This girl, is Annette. King Gaston III, requests that she be brought across the ocean, to his kingdom in the New World, for the celebration of the Meteor Shower. She brings her boyfriend Scatto, a drunken thief, his best friend, Antoine Vivinci, and Scattos pet bird, Peeko. However, while out at sea, their boat gets attacked attacked by a fierce storm, and the ship begins to go down. Anette, Antoine, Scatto, and many other people make it to the life boats, but when they go to launch it, one of the ropes gets snagged in the mechanism. Scatto quickly climbs up the rope, runs into the ship, gets a knife and just as he gets back to the rope, the ship starts sinking! There is no time to climb aboard the life boat, he cuts the rope there and then. the boat is released - Scatto struggles to get to the boat but the waves are too rough he does not make it. He wakes up, days later, shipwrecked on an island.

5 Years later, after nobody returns, Scatto finally escapes. Being alone at Sea for awhile has turned Scatto a little insane, as he can now hear Peeko and other animals speak. Once arriving to the New World, where his boat was originally heading 5 years ago, He learns that Annette and Antoine had died at sea. Now, all he wants is to be left alone with his little pet bird, Peeko. But he eventually meets a cheerful, mature for her age, young girl named Arianna, who is the leader of a group of Rebels called Subject to Change (they can't decide on a name), looking to find the Relic, as in the 5 years he had been gone, it was stolen. Scatto decides to come with them, secretly to get the Relic for himself. But what awaits him on his Journey, will be far more than what he could imagine. The Questions from his Past will finally be answered. What actually happened to Annette and Antoine, and What secrets do the Relic hold?

Features

VOICE ACTING - The Game will feature voice acting if I can get enough people for it. Most characters however, have accents, so if you're good with that, then you're in! Thread

Interesting Dialogue - Tired of seeing boring dialogue? Well, have no fear. From Peeko's constant sarcastic remarks to Lorenzos untimely wisdom, Relic features hundreds of interactable events, all with well written dialogue.

Puzzles and Brain-teasers - Similar to that of Professor Layton

More Features will be added as time goes on.

Music

Not all, but a lot of the soundtrack in Relic will be originally composed by Angelo Cicero, from Dream Orbit Music Corps!
Relic Original Soundtrack

Characters

- Pictures for Characters are quite big, so I put them in Spoliers.

Scatto
"You know, they always say the 6th beer is the best. But I'm more of a 7 beer guy myself."

Spoiler:

Profession: Thief
Description: Scatto is what most would call a Jerk. In fact, his name is Italian for it.
But can you really blame the guy? He was left all alone on an Island for 5 years, in hopes that his best friend and fiancee would return for him. That constant hope has led to him losing a bit of his sanity. After he arrived to the New World, and learned of his best friend, & fiancee's demise, his heart, and sanity were crushed. This loss of sanity let's him, and only him, hear his pet bird Peeko and many other animals talk. He tends to be rash, however, and his pride often leads to embarrassment. With this, along with his tendency to over-react in a blustering manner, Scatto sometimes appears foolish. In truth, he is very clever. His sarcastic and absurd behavior can sometimes extend into important decisions.

Scatto's Theme Song
(it reflects his personality greatly)

Arianna
"Ninja's are a lot like Magicians.... Except they kill on purpose."
Spoiler:

Profession: Bad Magician/ Leader of Subject to Change
Description: Most people call Arianna naive and pure. She always has an optimistic view on everything in life, but still doesn't quite know how the world works. She can be very kind and generous, and she tends to be the most trusting in new situations. However, she can become very angry if someone hurts or insults her, or especially if she feels someone has betrayed her. She is the current leader of Subject to Change, a group of Rebels who can't decide on a name, out to protect the kingdom from evil, as the knights and guards aren't taking care of any of the real problems. Arianna is a magician, and a simply awful one at that. She goes with the stereotypical "rabbit in hat" magic, but sometimes forgets to put air holes in the hat. So, Arianna's magical blunders are the perfect unintentional ability's and attacks. While she may be a terrible Magician, she is very charismatic, and a great leader. Arianna tends to be the most sensitive and compassionate member of the group.

Arianna's Theme

Peeko
"'Ey! Scatman!"
Spoiler:

Profession: A Bird
Description: To Many, Peeko looks like an ordinary finch. And he is... except to Scatto. Peeko is Scattos best friend, and his only friend in the New World. He was his only company while he was stuck on the island for 5 years, so Scatto talked to him often, anPeeko began to talk back. Peeko always back talks Scatto, and constantly insults him, but deep down, Peeko really cares for Scatto. He also refuses to call him by his real name, instead calling him Scatman. Being a bird, Peeko can't really help much, but he'll lend whatever skills he can to you as the game goes on.

Cogg
"You know I don't mind when you bring new recruits! But then, you have to go and introduce them to me... You know I don't like people..."
Spoiler:

Profession: Engineer
Description: Cogg is a young, socially awkward boy. He is the polar opposite of his sister, Arianna. He's always thinking pessimistic thoughts, and constantly trying to avoid human contact. He is Subject to Change's group engineer, usually spending his time in the basement
coming up with new ideas and inventions. He's come up with many weapons and gizmo's for the group to use. He's been very busy with a new project, called the Keg of Demise. Cogg rarely comes on missions with the gang.

Lorenzo
"Back in Old Country, we say It’s always best to believe in one’s self, but with a little help from others can be a great blessing!"
Spoiler:

Profession: Powerhouse
Description: Easygoing, friendly, and dryly good-humored, Lorenzo is the group's strong man powerhouse. He is apparently from some northern country, and has a very odd accent that nobody can seem to figure out. He often makes light of things that are far too serious. Lorenzo has been know to show a soft spot for Fuega. Nobody can really figure out who he really is, or where he came from, because he changes the story every time. Lorenzo carry's around a huge two hand battle axe with the strength of one hand.

Fuega
"Fire! Fire makes the world go 'round!"
Spoiler:

Profession: Demolitions Expert
Description: Fuega is fiercely independent, sarcastic, direct, brutally frank, and confrontational. She's hot-headed. Literally. She is what you call a pyromaniac to the extreme. Everything involving Fire, she loves, except putting it out. Her two favorite pastimes are burning things, and sarcasm. Though she doesn't like to admit it, she does admire Lorenzo a bit, and may have a soft spot for him. In battle, Fuega uses, yep you guessed it, Fire. Fuega loves battling and takes great pride in her incinerating skills.

General Gilles
"The Relic must be kept at safe distance from such... children as yourselves.."
Spoiler:

Profession: Head of the New World Army
Description: Head of the New World Army, General Gilles seems to always be in the right place at the right time.
Even before an enemy strikes, Gilles and his brigade of soldiers are there to take them down. Gilles
is an extremely noble man, and loyal to King Gaston. He always obeys orders when told. Gilles wears
a mask, so nobody has really seen his face, and people often wonder what he looks like underneath.
Gilles has also shown massive interest in the ancient artifact, Relic.'

Palamari
"What do you mean “just” Palamari?! ...You guys don't think of me as a threat anymore??"
Spoiler:

Profession: Military Adviser
Description: As Military Adviser to General Gilles, Palamari always hangs around him, and obeys his every order. He seems like a mindless drone at times. However, when you get him away from Gilles, and have an actual conversation with the guy, you'll find a very cunning, mischievous prankster, who has a few tricks up his sleeve.

Fan Stuff
*Hint Hint* I love getting fan-art smile.gif if any character here catches your eye, don't be afrarid to draw 'em up and post it here! Ha ha

Here is all the stuff you guys have submitted! Thanks for all your support smile.gif

Spoiler:

by emmych ~ Holds the title for my first piece of fan art ever smile.gif

by 121642 ~ Wonderfully done and colored biggrin.gif

by Erangot ~ D'awww tongue.gif

Also by Erangot ~ Lookin' Hot, Fuega tongue.gif

ALSO by Erangot ~ I should just make an Erangot section of fan art XD

by Crystal_Blastoise ~ Extra points for Kenyan Potato's XD

by Cuchulain ~ lmao, Fuega does seem like the smoker type tongue.gif

by Erangot ~ YOU CATCH THOSE CHICKENS, COGG. YOU CATCH 'EM GOOD.

by RoseReveries ~ Yay, two of my favorite characters in one pic biggrin.gif

Peeko's Theme Song
By WilliamJConn. This is an original fan-made song, just for Peeko! It sounds so Peeko-ish tongue.gif

Screenshots
*Updated 4/26/11*

Spoiler:

The Beautiful Sunlit, Meadowlark Fields

Quit your complaining, Scatman!

The Cheerful little town of Mistvale.. Who lives in that Palm Tree house? ...Oh, you'll find out...

Ah, the Menu Screen. What can Peeko possibly equip? Well, we could have fun with this biggrin.gif

Say, is this... is this a cameo?? Why yes, yes it is.

Teh New Title Screen!

The first Dungeon, Django's Cavern. Watch out, Arianna! That Goblin is creepin' on you!

SHARE DA LOVE

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=41768"][img]http://ompldr.org/vYWJ0dg/relic%20bar%202.png[/img][/url]

Banner made by Luchino-Chan. Thanks for the great birthday present!! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Twidger: Apr 4 2012, 02:48 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Twidger
post Feb 3 2011, 01:23 AM
Post #2

Everyday I'm Shufflin'
Group Icon

BUMP. Any Feedback?

--------------------
~Chapter 3 is out now!!~

~Check out my 2011 Game-Making Contest Entry! Fully complete and ready to play!~

I support:
Spoiler:

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

papi
post Feb 3 2011, 02:39 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

wow sounds really interesting =) I want to see how this will come...

--------------------
Even after Monday and Tuesday the calendar says WTF

Currently working on:

I support:
Spoiler:

╭∩╮︶︿︶╭∩╮
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig. =)
===================================
(!) DONT BE RACIST (!)
Be like the panda; he's black, white and asian.

+Quote Post

Twidger
post Feb 6 2011, 03:02 AM
Post #4

Everyday I'm Shufflin'
Group Icon

UPDATE: Screenshots have been added!! They don't look so good right now, but me and some mappers will be working on that smile.gif

--------------------
~Chapter 3 is out now!!~

~Check out my 2011 Game-Making Contest Entry! Fully complete and ready to play!~

I support:
Spoiler:

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

Emmych
post Feb 10 2011, 05:43 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Ooh! I love the little character drawings you've done! D:

Kudos for creating your own characters. Props to you, bro, and good luck with your project! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Twidger
post Feb 21 2011, 01:47 AM
Post #6

Everyday I'm Shufflin'
Group Icon

UPDATE: I am very proud to announce that Cutscenes, will now be presented in carefully made, hand-drawn, still images!! biggrin.gif
This will be done by artist kskennedy, so welcome to the team! smile.gif

Here's an example of his work, and what you can expect to see in game
Spoiler:

Mad props goes out to theBreadSultan for recommending this guy to me.

Also, Chapter 1 = 75% done. Sorry for the delay, I've had some setbacks and things going on. Hopefully, you can expect a demo of the first 2 chapters by early March smile.gif

Alrite, that's all for now!

Cheers

--------------------
~Chapter 3 is out now!!~

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Twidger
post Mar 3 2011, 01:18 AM
Post #7

Everyday I'm Shufflin'
Group Icon

UPDATE: Hey everyone! Sorry for the lack of *new*
I've added some polls to see what ya guys think. I'm sorry for the demo being so late, but I'm hard at work!

But, on a good note, the artist working on cutscenes has re-designed Scatto!
So, take a look and see what you all think!
Spoiler:

--------------------
~Chapter 3 is out now!!~

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Emmych
post Mar 3 2011, 07:14 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Waaaoowwww, fancy schmancy! Lovely art work, and 75% completion? HURRAAAAAY~~!

+Quote Post

Deathssyn
post Mar 7 2011, 09:51 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Type: Designer

I love the gypsy folk music it adds to the rustic theme your characters and story carry. As well as the teetering edge Scatto's sanity hinges on.

--------------------
"Every enemy I have ever faced runs through my veins. My life is a tribute to their death, my heartbeat a prayer for their souls. And as long as I live to kill another, they did not die in vain."
-Mantra of the Slayer

"As flys to wanton boys are we to the gods. They kill us for their sport." -King Lear,Act IV,Scene 1

"If it works, use it."-Motto of the old smith

+Quote Post

Twidger
post Mar 24 2011, 08:54 PM
Post #10

Everyday I'm Shufflin'
Group Icon

Here's a new screenshot featuring the work of my new mapper, pAuLuZ smile.gif
Chapter 1 will be released relatively soon smile.gif

--------------------
~Chapter 3 is out now!!~

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

pauluz
post Mar 26 2011, 04:10 PM
Post #11

Weem, YOUR MOM IS AWESOME<3
Group Icon

Ah i see you edited some tilesets smile.gif
OwO i can see a mapping error :3
the most upper tree of the right side has some error with the root smile.gif

--------------------
Avatars from dead people can still be alive by their friends.
You should change the name pauluz into kane in your head.

+Quote Post

Twidger
post Mar 26 2011, 04:44 PM
Post #12

Everyday I'm Shufflin'
Group Icon

QUOTE (pauluz @ Mar 26 2011, 04:10 PM) *
Ah i see you edited some tilesets smile.gif
OwO i can see a mapping error :3
the most upper tree of the right side has some error with the root smile.gif

Ah yes, I did have to edit it a bit, because some tiles got messed up when I transferred it smile.gif
Oh, I see that too! I'll go right in and fix it up smile.gif

--------------------
~Chapter 3 is out now!!~

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Jasonicus
post Mar 27 2011, 01:37 AM
Post #13

Old Friend
Group Icon

Type: Writer

Wow, brutal screens. Whats the deal with the cheesy monster and mix of trees?

--------------------
Trailer for It Came From Yesterday: Click Me

This was made by a dear friend of mine. Any support is appreciated! Also, Like the Facebook page while you're at it: It Came From Yesterday

New and improved official site: ICFY

Swagbucks referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jbart321

+Quote Post

Twidger
post Mar 27 2011, 01:57 AM
Post #14

Everyday I'm Shufflin'
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jasonicus 2.0 @ Mar 27 2011, 01:37 AM) *
Wow, brutal screens. Whats the deal with the cheesy monster and mix of trees?

It's a work in progress. The monster is definitely temporary. Just wanted to show something off that wasn't the standard material.
The trees, well I like the mix actually. I dunno, to me it looks good. Most likely not everyone will think that, but hopefully different looking trees won't be an actual reason for people not too play this.

--------------------
~Chapter 3 is out now!!~

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

pauluz
post Mar 27 2011, 01:14 PM
Post #15

Weem, YOUR MOM IS AWESOME<3
Group Icon

@ jasonicus

as one o' the mappers of this project, i asked him the same question. but once you play the game,
you forget about the strange combination wink.gif

--------------------
Avatars from dead people can still be alive by their friends.
You should change the name pauluz into kane in your head.

+Quote Post

Twidger
post Mar 31 2011, 06:41 PM
Post #16

Everyday I'm Shufflin'
Group Icon

UPDATE:
Here are 2 new screen shots, featuring the gloomy little town of Mistvale.

Credit for Mistvale maps goes to pauluz

--------------------
~Chapter 3 is out now!!~

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Emmych
post Mar 31 2011, 06:46 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Those screens are lookin' good! One question, though: why use the heroes from the RTP when there are plenty of awesome NPCs kicking around on the community here? I know that, whenever I play a game and I run into Ralph, it sort of breaks the immersion for a second and I think, "Oh, check it out, Ralph."
Just something to think about. c;

I'm still stoked on the demo! Can't wait to see it - I'm especially exited for all the art and drawn cutscenes. c:

+Quote Post

Twidger
post Mar 31 2011, 06:49 PM
Post #18

Everyday I'm Shufflin'
Group Icon

QUOTE (emmych @ Mar 31 2011, 06:46 PM) *
One question, though: why use the heroes from the RTP when there are plenty of awesome NPCs kicking around on the community here? I know that, whenever I play a game and I run into Ralph, it sort of breaks the immersion for a second and I think, "Oh, check it out, Ralph."

Ah, actually, that is a joke in the game tongue.gif
Ralph and his friends have stopped in the bar, and if you talk to them, they insult you saying how much of a higher level they are than you tongue.gif

Just a joke to poke fun at how overused they are haha

--------------------
~Chapter 3 is out now!!~

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Twidger
post Apr 11 2011, 06:59 PM
Post #19

Everyday I'm Shufflin'
Group Icon

*UPDATE*
Hey there, everyone! So, demo progress is still going kinda slow, what with voices and cut scene art. But it should be getting up to speed fairly soon. smile.gif
To tide all you guys over, I have a new original song from the game, plus some art of a few of the enemy's.

ENEMY ART
Pretty standerd enemies, but this is only the first chapter, they will get much more interesting smile.gif
Spoiler:

The song is for a peaceful, seaside town called Langrove Town.

Langrove Town

--------------------
~Chapter 3 is out now!!~

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Emmych
post Apr 11 2011, 08:30 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Wowww!! Those enemies look fantastic, Twidge! Haha, reminds me... I gotta get started on mine... x3
I'm really looking forward to this game, man. It's looking really cute. c:

+Quote Post

29 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 10:33 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.