iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!
32 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Enelysion, (30/04/2012) *gasp* An update?! June is D-Month! ^^
Custom art?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 153
Guests cannot vote 
dvorski12
post Mar 7 2011, 06:13 PM
Post #41

Naruto fan!!!
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Wow! This is very nice game. Thumbs up for demo! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Dark Days Are Coming-2012

Your Naruto BELIEVE IT!! Your short tempered and funny. People might think your a little odd but but that`s a good thing!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

The evil will ruleeeee!!!!!!!! But i like cloud more

I SUPPORT:

I WORK ON:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Luchino-chan
post Mar 8 2011, 06:58 AM
Post #42

Mistress of none.
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

@dvorski12: There won't be a demo for a very long time, but I'll probably release a tech demo when I feel the time is right. But thank you for your interest, anyway. smile.gif
@Avelin: Knew you'd like it. ^^

Not much to report on. I've been struggling with Starr's HUD for my Tankentai battle system for a while now, and while the Ziifee spin command is easy enough to slip in, the HUD, well... let's not go there now.
As for art, I'm trying to do an 'official piece of art' for Enelysion. I haven't drawn anything in ages, and believe it or not, the idea for this game actually sprang from a simple drawing and after reading up summaries of various Fire Emblem games. As well as drawing inspiration from the actual game art itself.
Although I'm a decent artist, I still prefer using the mugshots from FE9. It makes the game look so much more professional. smile.gif

It's amazing what a simple font change does to a game...

--------------------
Developer and author of:

Dev blog:

I support:
Spoiler:

My tutorials: Bringing you quality tutorials, from me to you.
- Create a gorgeous valley with Mack tiles, Luchi-style.
- An advanced tutorial showing how you can add features such as an in-game gallery, a character biography or even an in-game tutorial!

+Quote Post

jaydee15
post Mar 9 2011, 03:31 AM
Post #43

Something coherent... Also Muscle Milk
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Good

@Deranged_Laine:
I wanna see a battle screenie! LOL! Nah, I was just kidding. Yes, font changes are extremely important. I don't think you would like to have a blocky-looking font, when your game is so elegant (in appearance). Okay, you got me convinced: I will support your game. smile.gif

--------------------
"Kinda bored, but still working on my project."
==========
I support:

==========
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

Luchino-chan
post Mar 9 2011, 08:59 AM
Post #44

Mistress of none.
Group Icon

Thanks, jaydee. I'll do the same for your project. smile.gif

Well, it's been quite a long wait, but I'm proud to finally show the first official battle screenshot from Enelysion. Took me several attempts to get it right. ><

HUD, bars and battle background by yours truly. smile.gif

It's still a WIP ( I still have to move the Ziifee Spin Command to the top-right corner, and to prevent it from appearing at the left whenever a battle initiates )
and if anyone can help me with that, it would be appreciated greatly.

--------------------
Developer and author of:

Dev blog:

I support:
Spoiler:

- An advanced tutorial showing how you can add features such as an in-game gallery, a character biography or even an in-game tutorial!

+Quote Post

Jonnie19
post Mar 9 2011, 04:43 PM
Post #45

I am innocent...its not my fault things just appear in my hands&
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Your Project is amazing, the thread is amazingly set out, the storyline is amazing! I cannot wait for a demo to appear...support bar will be added NOW!

--------------------

+Quote Post

jaydee15
post Mar 9 2011, 05:38 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

Oh, wow! I totally like the HUD! It goes so well with the HP/MP Bars and the background! Oh, and you may want to consider having no more than 3 people per battle, because the script is set for that, for some reason, and I don't know how to make the 4th HUD appear, if wanted otherwise. Oh, and I would have darkened your HUD's a bit more than the background. Other than that, it's awesome! laugh.gif

Edit:
I remarked that your HP and MP words are placed behind their bars. So, I would recommend either to move the bars or the HP/MP from place. smile.gif Graphic-wise, if you still have the PSD file, you may want to move some things around.

This post has been edited by jaydee15: Mar 9 2011, 05:40 PM

--------------------
==========
I support:

==========
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

Luchino-chan
post Mar 9 2011, 06:14 PM
Post #47

Mistress of none.
Group Icon

Tiny edit. ( I'm on a roll today biggrin.gif ) I'm still amazed by what small changes actually does to the overall look of the project.

Some good news. I've been playtesting the game, and I've hit an hour of gameplay. But it doesn't feel like an hour when I'm playing ( and I'm having a blast, btw. I don't mean to make you guys jealous in any way, lol ) and I'm always wondering... Where the hell did the time go? Anyway, as soon as I get to a decent cliffhanger, I'll start requesting beta-testers, then I'll unleash a demo of Enelysion unto the public. ^^

@jonnie19: Thank you. smile.gif

--------------------
Developer and author of:

Dev blog:

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

jaydee15
post Mar 9 2011, 06:41 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

I'm feeling jealous that you map so quickly. That's mainly why I can't release a new DEMO, as of yet. Towns, especially, are the hardest. Anyway, I really like this screen. Last thing, (it may be just me but) make sure your characters blend with the screen tint. In this new screen, the characters are normal, and the forest is... well... too green. Not a 100% perfect match, IMO... Just a friendly pointer. smile.gif

--------------------
==========
I support:

==========

+Quote Post

Rina Aria
post Mar 10 2011, 02:57 AM
Post #49

Group Icon

Laine already make me LOL when she talks about darts...... This project looks so interesting, with the character pics and all, I will be look forward to the DEMO or Release!

+Quote Post

dvorski12
post Mar 10 2011, 09:06 AM
Post #50

Naruto fan!!!
Group Icon

Can i be beta-tester please???!!! *puppy eyes*

--------------------

Your Naruto BELIEVE IT!! Your short tempered and funny. People might think your a little odd but but that`s a good thing!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

I SUPPORT:

I WORK ON:

+Quote Post

Luchino-chan
post Mar 10 2011, 06:17 PM
Post #51

Mistress of none.
Group Icon

Well everyone, I do have some really great news.

I've finally created the 'cliffhanger' cutscene for the game, which will end the demo for Enelysion. All I have to do now is compress my MP3s ( believe it or not, that even though the demo is only about an hour long, the Audio file alone is over 50mb, but it's all custom music, so it's all good. That's before compression. ), get some beta-testers and proof-readers, then.... poof!

Release time. smile.gif Just tell me if an hour is too short, and I will gladly lengthen the demo.

Here's the part of the said cutscene...

As for beta-testers, I have four slots open, but, and a BIG BUT... I have special criteria for those testers.

- For the 1st beta tester, you either have to be a complete newbie to RPGMaker VX, or better, never played an RPG in your life.
- The 2nd beta tester should be someone who knows how to use the very basics of VX,
- The 3rd beta tester should be someone whose been working with VX for a good while, and knows the program's capabilites, and finally,
- The 4th beta tester should be an expert at VX ( I'm looking for someone who is preferably well-known in the VX community. )

So that's that. Send me a PM if you're interested in becoming the first beta-testers for Enelysion. smile.gif

--------------------
Developer and author of:

Dev blog:

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

XIV
post Mar 10 2011, 09:49 PM
Post #52

Oh! What's that in apples?
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

An interesting way to beta-test your game! Although I doubt you'll find anyone here who hasn't played an RPG in their life...I suppose there are plenty of newbies around though. As for me, I would certainly like to apply for the 3rd beta-testing spot, if you don't mind.

--------------------

I Support:

Check out my scripts:
Spoiler:

Ultimate Timer v3.1 - the best timer rewrite script there is
Timed Choices v1.6 - when your choices require a little excitement
Speedy Gonzales v1.1 - make agility influence move speed
Simple Reputation System v1.0 - R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
BEM - More Skill Costs Patch v1.1 - a treat for anyone using BEM

+Quote Post

jaydee15
post Mar 11 2011, 02:14 AM
Post #53

Group Icon

@Deranged_Laine:
I thought you said it would take a few weeks before you get the Demo done? XD You're super-quick!

--------------------
==========
I support:

==========

+Quote Post

Rina Aria
post Mar 11 2011, 03:17 AM
Post #54

Group Icon

I apply to be the 2nd Beta-Testers...... I'm just know the basic and just that..... nothing more..... (I'm still learning now.... )

+Quote Post

Emmych
post Mar 11 2011, 05:08 AM
Post #55

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

(Hey, Laine... remember that one time I said I'd be a good 2nd-tier beta-tester? Wellllp, while re-reading your requirements, I think I'm actually somewhere closer to 3rd tier. So... yeah. I'm open for either. x3)

+Quote Post

Luchino-chan
post Mar 11 2011, 12:29 PM
Post #56

Mistress of none.
Group Icon

Ok, beta-testers, you have been confirmed. Check the first post for updates. Now, although I have confirmed that I have a beta demo ready to test, I am by no means ready to release it yet. I still have to work on a few more details, get the Audio and relevant cut-scenes sorted out, and then, I'll PM you guys with the download link. smile.gif

I don't want to disappoint you guys, so just bear with me, ok? As for the relevant battle-system, don't expect anything spectacular just yet. It's still your ordinary Tankentai SBS, but I'll see what I can do with the battle events ( shockingly underused ).

Ok, time for an art update. I told myself I would be creating some of my own cutscenes for Enelysion, and here's one of them. Btw, it's also the first full body shot of both Laine and Rolf.

So, how do you guys like it so far?

--------------------
Developer and author of:

Dev blog:

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

jaydee15
post Mar 11 2011, 12:46 PM
Post #57

Group Icon

Are you sure you don't want Laine to have a better, more womanly body? huh.gif

--------------------
==========
I support:

==========

+Quote Post

Luchino-chan
post Mar 11 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #58

Mistress of none.
Group Icon

QUOTE (jaydee15 @ Mar 11 2011, 02:46 PM) *
Are you sure you don't want Laine to have a better, more womanly body? huh.gif

Oh, Laine does have a nice little figure. The armour somewhat obstructs her 'true womanly' form.
And because she's based off an existing Fire Emblem 9/10 character, I'll show you. smile.gif

http://www.feplanet.net/gallery/8

Go to this site, and look for the character named 'Lucia'. That should erase all suspicions. ( The image is far too big to post here. ) And plus, I don't want you guys liking Laine just because of her looks now, eh? But yes, I'll probably do an art of her without her armour on.

This post has been edited by deranged_laine: Mar 11 2011, 12:54 PM

--------------------
Developer and author of:

Dev blog:

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

dvorski12
post Mar 11 2011, 01:02 PM
Post #59

Naruto fan!!!
Group Icon

Your art is just....WOW!!! i cant wait too see more of it smile.gif

--------------------

I SUPPORT:

I WORK ON:

+Quote Post

jaydee15
post Mar 11 2011, 02:19 PM
Post #60

Group Icon

@Deranged_Laine:
Well, the hips of a woman do not disappear, even if she puts heavy clothing, no? I spake not of breasts hither, because it is natural for armours to conceal them, if I recall. But, as thou saidst, it is not a matter of physique, but a matter of personality (yet, the physique still counts, LOL!). tongue.gif

--------------------
==========
I support:

==========

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 05:47 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.