iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Making a Resource Request, Read these Rules First!
Retired-Pine
post Aug 20 2008, 02:04 AM
Post #1

Not a democracy
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Rules for making
Resource Requests

UPDATED OCTOBER 30 2008

mad.gif The Request must have a specific title, if you use the title "Charset request" the spriters on the board wouldn't know if they're able to do it or not, therefore this rule it's a small help for you to get anything done

mad.gif There's a button on top that says "My Assistant" if you click on it and use the search option you might be able to find amazing stuff without having to open new threads just to get pointed out towards the thread you need. Meaning, making a search will save you the embarrassment of being treated like a kid which needs everything in their hands (and very very few members will do so, trust me)

wink.gif Try asking in the shops if they're open, and request there if you don't have any luck. Do not forget to check the rules for requesting in the shops, as they might have their own...

mad.gif Specify your RPG Maker version and the style you want the resource to match, for instance the template for charsets, style for facesets, dimensions for pictures/others. Fonts/designs for titles and Game Overs

dry.gif Be very descriptive when it comes to the color scheme, details, size, as it saves the work of having to recolor something already done or to help know what is it that you want, this leads to a very important point: Always include sample screens

mad.gif Don't be on the back of the spriter making you the resource, since this might make you look very new-ish and annoying. If a serious spriter took on the request, he'll do it until he says the contrary...

mad.gif Do NOT hijack other people's threads

rolleyes.gif You can bump your request, we'd like if it could be around once each 72 hours, but try not to do it too much...

laugh.gif Finally, make sure you thank your benefactor

wub.gif Check the rest of stickied topics on the resource showcase for resources and IMPORTANT threads and sites

All of this rules are made with the sole purpose of keeping the board clean but also to help you on getting that resource you need. If you don't meet the criteria your request/topic will be closed.

Therefore, please learn how to make a good request

--------------------

Spoiler:

Awards
Spoiler:

Games I support [under construction]
Spoiler:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Retired-Pine
post Oct 31 2008, 01:55 AM
Post #2

Not a democracy
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Evil

QUOTE (PINEDAVX @ Aug 19 2008, 08:22 PM) *
mad.gif Do NOT hijack other people's threads

wub.gif Check the rest of stickied topics on the resource showcase for resources and IMPORTANT threads and sites

Added those two today as I've seen this happening a while now

Also please note, I URGE YOU TO note this:

QUOTE (PINEDAVX @ Aug 19 2008, 08:22 PM) *
mad.gif The Request must have a specific title, if you use the title "Charset request" the spriters on the board wouldn't know if they're able to do it or not, therefore this rule it's a small help for you to get anything done

rolleyes.gif You can bump your request, we'd like if it could be around once each 72 hours, but try not to do it too much...

This has been happening a lot lately. Please don't smile.gif

Also note the following:

We don't have an army of spriters. We barely have 3-4 so don't get too excited about getting work from zero, not to sound mean nor burst your bubble. I also recommend don't requesting faces from zero or battlers

Finally. DO NOT post uncredited resources. I encourage to report uncredited resources posts in the showcase and in requests, we HAVE to give out credits

That's all smile.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Awards
Spoiler:

Games I support [under construction]
Spoiler:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 11:21 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.