iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summon Script, Much simpler version to FFVIII's summon system.
Seiryuki
post Feb 19 2011, 06:48 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Good day. I'm a really good when it comes to programming in Java and VB, but Ruby is quite confusing and so I am in need of some help.
I am requesting a script (or requesting help with one) that has the following features:

• Additional option in the battle menu that says "Summon". (This should be simple, right?)
  • The "Summon" command is enabled when a Summon Gauge (below the HP/MP gauges) is full to the max only.
  • The Summon Gauge is unique to each party member and it fills during battle when the party member either takes or gives damage. Both 'taking' and 'giving' damage contributes to filling the gauge. I'm not sure if it would be easier to use a percentage or the actual damage values themselves.
  • The Summon Gauge's value for each member is retained after battle, meaning that starting another battle would retain the Gauges' values from the previous battle.
  • It is possible to use an item that can fill the gauge as well. Which means a script call for the item?
  • Click on the "Summon" command, when enabled, to open a window that shows a list of Guardians to select. Similar to the Skill window.
  • Click on a Guardian and the system just does an animation...again similar to the Skills.
  • -----
  • On the Scene Menu, click on Equipment. In the equipment window, there is an additional option called "Guardians".
  • Highlighting "Guardians" gives you the ability to equip/unequip up to max of 5 Guardians. Only the Guardians that have not been equipped by anyone will be selectable to equip.
  • On that same Guardians list, an equipped icon will be next to the Guardian that has been equipped by that party member. Another icon (like a no-smoking sign or something =P) will be next to the unequippable guardians because they have been equipped by other members. All this is to show what Guardian is equippable, non-equippable and already equipped by that member. Of course, it would be nice if character sprites can be shown instead of the icons stated before, but I really want a simple script.
  • When a Guardian is highlighted to be selected in equipment, a description is shown below....you know...just like when equipping weapons or armour.
  • When a Guardian is equipped, it has special properties just like equipment Accessories and Armours and such. E.g. equipping the Guardian called Bahamut would increase the equipper's max. HP by 5% and his ATK & AGI by 1%. Equipping another Guardian called Ifrit would increase the equipper's Fire Element efficiency up one level (from D to C, or B to A, or A to A etc.). Now that the equipper has both Guardians equipped, he has got their both properties applied to him. When a Guardian is unequipped, the property-boosts that that Guardian applied are removed.
  • Guardians can be acquired, so I would need a script call, right? Like: if I defeat a monster that represents the Guardian, that Guardian is now visible (added) in the party's guardian-equipment list for equipping.
  • If a party member has no Guardian equipped, the Battle Menu has the "Summon" command removed for that character.

My Views:
As you can see, the Guardians I want to create are really a combination of what Skills and Accessories are.
Maybe I can represent the Skill aspect of the Guardian with a prefix in the Skill's name (or tags in the Skill's Notes section) and that may help in identifying what Skills are really Guardians. Doing that may make it easier to group the Guardians for the Battle Menu into the "Summon" command.
I may also have to represent the equipment part of the Guardians with items. So that equipping a certain Guardian item would give you that Guardian to Summon in the Battle Menu, along with the Guardian's property-boosters.
But I really need to make it so that a party member can equip up to 5 Guardians at most at a time. He is allowed to have zero Guardians equipped as stated in the features above.

That's it for my request. Personally, I think that this can be the most simple and decent Summon script if it can be scripted. I am not interested in any other additional features as I'm trying to make it as simple as possible to code. I hope I have made it as easy as possible since I'm good with coming up with algorithms to solve a problem. My real problem is that I find the RGSS2 to be difficult to understand or else I would've tried to code on my own. Plus, I don't know how to start to script in RMVX.
Any help would be greatly appreciated and credits would be given. Even help with how to go about scripting this Summon feature if no one wants to script it.

Thanks,
Seiryuki
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Omegas7
post Feb 19 2011, 06:57 PM
Post #2

stai sprecando il tuo tempo
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Well, at least your request was nicely detailed. Good job there ;D

QUOTE (Seiryuki @ Feb 19 2011, 02:48 PM) *
  • Click on the "Summon" command, when enabled, to open a window that shows a list of Guardians to select. Similar to the Skill window.
  • Click on a Guardian and the system just does an animation...again similar to the Skills.

Just an animation upon execution? Is there like... any damage for the enemies? Or are Guardians linked to a Skill which does the damage for them?

--------------------
Chooo Chooo

+Quote Post

Seiryuki
post Feb 19 2011, 07:42 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (Omegas7 @ Feb 19 2011, 02:57 PM) *
Well, at least your request was nicely detailed. Good job there ;D

Thanks, I'm a perfectionist happy.gif

Just an animation upon execution? Is there like... any damage for the enemies?

Yes, there will be damage for enemies, forgive me for not mentioning that. Append:

>> When the user selects the Guardian that he wants to summon, an animation plays, similar to a Skill. Physical Damage is inflicted on all enemies/allies (sorry for not mentioning that).
>> A Guardian's attack-damage is linked to the States created in the RMVX database. E.g. A Guardian can attack and inflict the "Silence" state on enemies.
>> A Guardian's attack-damage is linked to the Elements created in the System tab of the RMVX database, again similar to how Skills have associations with Elements.
>> So, for example.....a Guardian named "Shiva" will inflict damage associated with the Ice element because I assigned the Ice Element to that Guardian. If I assign two Elements: Ice and Wind to "Shiva", then "Shiva's" damage will have both the Ice and Wind Elements associated with it. Hence, if an enemy is weak against either Ice or Wind and is attacked by "Shiva", more damage is dealt than normal....the same workings of Elements.
>> A Guardian's 'attack' can be applied to all enemies or all allies depending on the Guardian. I may have a Guardian that, when summoned, places the "Protect" state on all allies. That would be that Guardian's only 'attack'. However, if this is too difficult to do, I will simply accept Guardians only being able to attack enemies.

Please note: A Guardian attacks all enemies/allies. Having a Guardian that can only attack one in addition to all is not required...though it may make it easier for someone else who wants that ability. The simple rule I'm using is that a Guardian must attack all enemies/allies and the attack cannot miss (enemies' evade/agility is ignored). In addition, a Guardian's attack does not have the Critical Hit feature.

Thank You Omegas7 for your reply.
I'm guessing that the script would be more complex now, =P

EDIT:
Or are Guardians linked to a Skill which does the damage for them?

I'm thinking that that may make it easier...Hmm. I think so. Making the Skill would be easy. Then link the Guardian to that Skill. That would solve the stuff I mentioned above in this posting.
Sorry about that, I now realised what you said in that quote and I think linking to a Skill would make things much easier.

I'm also hoping that this script doesn't interfere with an ATB script.

This post has been edited by Seiryuki: Feb 19 2011, 09:33 PM

+Quote Post

Omegas7
post Feb 20 2011, 04:00 AM
Post #4

stai sprecando il tuo tempo
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

So,
  • Summon gauges charged by dealing/receiving damage. You might want to design your own formula there. I guess the gauge is like 100/100 on value or something?
  • Guardians (I prefer to call them Eidolons XD), equippable only to one actor at a time, and actors may only have up to 5. They also affect element efficiency and stats (stackable).
  • When using a Guardian on battle, a skill(s) linked to the Guardian are triggered (I don't have VX with me, but I guess you can do all you said with them, like inflicting states to the party etc)

I'm also hoping that this script doesn't interfere with an ATB script.

ATB? You got one (like on the sideview-battle scripts) or you're planning to add one on the future? In any case, I don't think there will be problems...

--------------------
Chooo Chooo

+Quote Post

Seiryuki
post Feb 20 2011, 02:50 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Omegas7 @ Feb 20 2011, 12:00 AM) *
So,
  • Summon gauges charged by dealing/receiving damage. You might want to design your own formula there. I guess the gauge is like 100/100 on value or something?
  • Guardians (I prefer to call them Eidolons XD), equippable only to one actor at a time, and actors may only have up to 5. They also affect element efficiency and stats (stackable).
  • When using a Guardian on battle, a skill(s) linked to the Guardian are triggered (I don't have VX with me, but I guess you can do all you said with them, like inflicting states to the party etc)

Yes that is what I'm looking for. Feel free to call the 'guardians' whatever you're comfortable with smile.gif...Espers/Eidolons/GFs they're all the same. Gauge is 100, or any standard value. It doesn't increase or change throughout the game.
Damage formula? I'll search around on how to do formulas in RGSS2.

ATB? You got one (like on the sideview-battle scripts) or you're planning to add one on the future? In any case, I don't think there will be problems...

I will not be using the side-view battle system. But I'm liking the "Ziifee's Wait Gauge Battle" system. I have the demo for it and it works great, I just wished that I can reduce the frequency of the enemies' attacks. I haven't tried it on my game yet since I'm using Yanfly's Party Display in Battle script.
To avoid conflict, I will have to remove Yanfly's script, because Ziifee's WaitGB system does pretty much the same thing.

So, I'll try to make things a bit clearer:
1. The stuff you said about Guardians above are correct. That's how I would like it to be.
2. The battle system I want to use is an ATB (Active Time Battle...I think they are also called CBS?), preferably Ziifee's WGB. But Ziifee's WGB system has the enemies attacking really quickly, you know, the enemies keep attacking so often that I don't have time to plan a strategy. I'll take a closer look at the WGB script to see if I can somehow adjust the enemies' attack frequency. Slowing them down would allow for better planning of attacks.

If I can't find a way to slow down the enemies, I will have to scrap Ziifee's system and take Yanfly's Party Display and look harder for another ATB (CBS?). Plus, I think Ziifee's system replaces too much of other scripts I have/prefer. I really don't want those fancy Tankentai-ATB etc. I noticed RMXP has some nice, simple ATBs out there. I dunno if they can be converted to RMVX.

Eidolons and ATB. I was hoping to find an ATB while requesting this Summons Script, but I guess that scripting this Guardians' script has a role in battle and may affect the use of an ATB script.
P.S. I really wanted an ATB that is compatible with this Guardians script, and it shows an ATB gauge somwhere near the character's faces in battle, and the speed of the gauge depends on the character's Agility attribute, and the enemies attack in a slow pace (or even based on their agility?!?). But I guess I may have to make a separate request for that.

Thanks again. I hope things are clearer wink.gif
Seiryuki

This post has been edited by Seiryuki: Feb 20 2011, 03:10 PM

+Quote Post

kirinelf
post Feb 20 2011, 07:42 PM
Post #6

The Fallen Angel
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Neutral Good

QUOTE (Seiryuki @ Feb 21 2011, 02:50 AM) *
If I can't find a way to slow down the enemies, I will have to scrap Ziifee's system and take Yanfly's Party Display and look harder for another ATB (CBS?). Plus, I think Ziifee's system replaces too much of other scripts I have/prefer. I really don't want those fancy Tankentai-ATB etc. I noticed RMXP has some nice, simple ATBs out there. I dunno if they can be converted to RMVX.

That's odd, I thought zifee's CBS uses AGI to determine action speed. Have you tried lowering your enemies' AGI?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Seiryuki
post Feb 21 2011, 03:08 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (kirinelf @ Feb 20 2011, 03:42 PM) *
That's odd, I thought zifee's CBS uses AGI to determine action speed. Have you tried lowering your enemies' AGI?

Well, I tried it in the demo and it was fast. I just tried it with my project and it works fine. So I guess I may use ziifee's system after all. But I'm getting some errors when I try to use it with these two scripts:
  • Cozziekuns Simple Skill Sort Inventory (modified by me to run the skill-sorter in battle). If I remove the code I added, there will be no error. But I want the skill-sort feature in battle as well. I'm trynig hard to figure out how to make them compatible.
  • Attack Party, Heal Enemies by DAIpage, translated by SuperMega - this is a script that allows you to target either enemy or ally. I only modified the button inputs from L/R to Up/Down.

So...I'm working on that while I'm hoping that a Summon script can be made.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 09:27 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.