iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Resources - Tiles, Icons, Battlers, Sprites, Brand-new Tileset (!)
Rating 5 V
Resources
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 229
Guests cannot vote 
A.M
post Feb 21 2011, 04:59 AM
Post #1

Pehkachu
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Unaligned

Hi there,

Today's my first time contributing to the ressource showcase.
I've been practising doing RTP faces, but they don't really end up so hot (..."), so I've been working on doing other things.
I'm gonna be posting a variety of custom icons, custom car tiles, custom horror-themed battlers, and custom sprites.
........................................................................................

Updates:
>> Updates: (1); May 21, 2011 -xx- Brand-new modern tileset, see below -xx-
Used Kururumilk's modern tileset, as a base for the bus sign.

>> Updates: (1); April 27th, 2011 -xx- New battlers, see "New" spoiler under "Battlers" -xx-
Used this google image as a base for drawing the skulls.

>> Updates: (2); April 4th, 2011 -xx- Added & edited car tiles (Replaced old one) -xx- Added more icons to iconset (replaced old one) -xx- Added sprite sheets -xx-

>> Updates: (1); March 18, 2011 -xx- Improved car tiles -xx- Fixed iconset (replaced old one) -xx- New battler* -xx-

*If my name being everywhere on the battlers bothers you, you can remove my name (or use a dark battle background); but please give credit. ........................................................................................
(Gen. modern tiles)

Spoiler:
Sessie made the original side views from scratch and I made the frontal/rear views and headlights from scratch. I edited the side views to fit the others more, though.
You can change the colours or shades if you want.
>>The new tileset has a bunch of indoor and outdoor modern things. They're already all aligned, so you can use them right away. Some are custom, but others are recolours or edits to the RTP. Here are two exemplars of them in action. (!)

(The asian things are chinese-based, but stuff like rice should be more flexible):
Spoiler:
*Below the timer, seaweed, and green onion: seaweed soup, a rice dumpling, and a steamed shrimp & bamboo roll in chinese flat rice noodles.
*Below the mussel and tofu: a chocolate and a vanilla roll.
*Left side of the plate: Bok choy (a kind of chinese vegetable)
It's a combination of horror, asian, and modern icons.
Some are made from scratch but most are RTP icons that've been merged, recoloured, or used as a base. I copied and pasted that RTP onion a lot."

(there's a lot here):
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
New:
Spoiler:
The jell-o thing is supposed to go w/ the jell-o looking sprite graphics in "!Door2".
I forgot to resize some of them, but you can shrink the ones that're too big to the size you want.

(Posted as thumbnails):
Spoiler:

The first sheet is a bunch of edited RTP skeleton sprites. I thought they looked too friendly.
The second is a sheet I made from scratch; it's made to be exactly 2x the size of a regular sprite.
I have one sprite that wasn't finished, but the doom-scythe thing's animation looks pretty cool. =o
........................................................................................

The battlers and icons were my favorite to do. They took awhile to make, though, so if you want to use these, some credit would be nice...
I hope someone finds these useful!

Oh yeah, I have a line work thread now.

This post has been edited by GrandmaDeb: Oct 8 2013, 03:11 PM

--------------------
○• Also offering to do headshot or waist-up lineart - You can check out my thread here 'u' •○

....................................................................................................

Ka-P0w (don't worry, it's short, lol):
Spoiler:

Working With Teams - (Interesting) guide involving the (+)s and (-)s of working w/ your forum buddies.

Photoshop Selection Tool Options - Not too sure of what some of the tool options do? This is a guide to what things like contiguous means.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Avvy
post Feb 21 2011, 05:19 AM
Post #2

Procrastinat-
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

Wow! All of them look really good!
I especially like the Car Tiles. Seems like you spent a lot of work on them. Nice job. happy.gif

I just have one tick with the battlers; you put your signature on them. I mean, most people
probably won't notice them, but you never know. rolleyes.gif Still, amazing job. :3

--------------------

+Quote Post

SincoMai
post Feb 21 2011, 05:21 AM
Post #3

Leader Of SincInc
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

lovin this,not gonna ever use em cuz i dont make games like this but this is still pretty well done.

--------------------
[/url]

My Words-
am...i dont care.

+Quote Post

Pentagonbuddy
post Feb 21 2011, 05:21 AM
Post #4

Obligated To Love <3
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

No need to be nervous! These are great. <3

I agree with Avatar about the battler signatures, though. It's small and not very noticeable, but if you're staring at the enemy in-game, it's a bit of a "huh?" moment to see. I really love the style, though! Your art has been improving leaps and bounds if these are anything to go by. The icons are super cute, too~!

--------------------

+Quote Post

hyde9318
post Feb 21 2011, 05:22 AM
Post #5

I am the Joker. Heath was just a decoy.
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

I have to say, they may not go along well with the RTP, but they are pretty cool. Your battlers are very interesting, and some of your icons are great. Keep up the great work.

--------------------

Note: This Image is Clickable.

+Quote Post

Trogdorr
post Feb 21 2011, 05:25 AM
Post #6

The Burninater
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Neutral Evil

THESE ARE TERRIBLE! I WOULD NEVER USE THEM IF THEY WERE THE LAST ONES ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST KIDDING! biggrin.gif (I was just saying that to scare you tongue.gif)

I really like this a lot actually.

+Quote Post

Lunarea
post Feb 21 2011, 05:41 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

I would tell you not to get nervous, but I completely understand how nerve-wracking it can be to release new resources. I still get a few butterflies when I release my work, even if I'm pretty sure people will like it. Just try to breathe through it. happy.gif

I like the shape of the cars, but I find the shading to be a bit of a miss. Metal, in particular, can be tricky to emulate because it has fairly soft shadows and very hard highlights. So, while you could use burn, you should avoid dodge. Instead, take a Photoshop brush, at 50% opacity and draw those slanted lines. Going over a line more than once will make it brighter, so you automatically get your anti-aliased transitions. You can also alternate between a light brush and a dark brush to really get a shiny surface. There are a very few small pieces of metal in the RTP, but enough to help guide you. The principle should be the same, but at a bigger scale. The other issue is the perspective of the side cars. RTP perspective is a kind of wonky top-down. So, you see both the side-view and the top of an object. The front directions are a little better, but the trunk needs to be a bit more defined.
Now, on the bright side (yes, there is one!) ... I really commend you for taking the time to make a modern resource. There are few and far between. And despite my critique, it was a really great try! I see a lot of little details that really make the cars stand out. Taking the time to do the headlights, the license plate and the side mirrors really paid off because it added so much authenticity to the cars.

Your icons are top-notch! I am going to work them into my project, even though nothing about it is Asian-inspired or modern laugh.gif I really hope you'll do more!

The battlers are extremely interesting! I'd love to see a little explanation blurb about each, because I have a feeling some of them are based on mythology and I love reading about that. No critique comes to mind. I can only say "Make more!".

+Quote Post

Zadorain
post Feb 21 2011, 06:24 AM
Post #8

We do what we must because we can.
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Ahh Luna, always so encouraging :D

These are truly awesome. It seems like you've put a lot of effort into them. Although I don't like the fact that you were nervous (because the stuff was good and you shouldn't have been :D), in a way it's good, because this is a much bigger first-release then most people give. I really hope you expand it, I'd love to see more! Especially those battlers!

--------------------
Some funny forum quotes:

Spoiler:
QUOTE (AyceM @ Mar 29 2011, 09:38 PM) *
Oh, Jesus, the very awesome on my face right now...

You won't even believe.

QUOTE (Shiro @ Apr 30 2011, 09:24 AM) *
use the shit button technique to do it properly

QUOTE (invasive @ Apr 29 2011, 03:16 PM) *
also mountains.

QUOTE (God Dark punk @ Apr 11 2011, 03:14 PM) *
this tileset is for rpg maker 2003 ? is stupid

QUOTE (Super Stick Lyonn @ Apr 30 2011, 09:51 PM) *
games within the genre almost never fail to give a spicy boner.

He was talking about his sprite. Get your mind out of the gutter.

+Quote Post

A.M
post Feb 21 2011, 06:34 AM
Post #9

Pehkachu
Group Icon

@Avatar and Pentagon: Thanks! xux Yeah, I always get pretty anxious whenever I post my stuff.

You're not supposed to put your sig on battlers? I thought you were supposed to. o_o As in, put your name on all graphical work.
Oh well, maybe it won't be too noticeable if people use a dark background...

@Sinco: Thanks!
Yeah, I'm not very good at mimicking the RTP, so I don't usually submit stuff in this forum or I don't usually do requests for people.

@Hyde and Trogdorr: Thank you! (Trogdorr, you actually really scared me, lol DD:)

@Lunarea: Thanks!

Yeah, doing the metal on the cars was pretty tough. I started off doing what you suggested, but it didn't end up looking right. (Maybe it's my technique?)
Wait, are you talking about both side views or just one of them? I'm not sure which side to apply your advice to. D:

I really liked doing the icons a lot, actually. The cars were really boring to work on, but I told Sessie that I would work on them for her."

Lol, oh the battlers are just random things I thought up on the spot. I had no idea what I was going for, except to make them look weird/scary... o_e
I did plan out some before I started making them, but I realized they would take too long and they would look too messy if they were to be resized.
They'd also take up too much space on my laptop. (I'm using my dad's laptop and it has 20GBs of space... I can usually only run 2-3 programs at a time or the screen will turn black and the comp crashes." Plus, saving anything around 10 or 9MBs usually takes 15 minutes..."")

This post has been edited by A.M: Feb 21 2011, 06:36 AM

--------------------
○• Also offering to do headshot or waist-up lineart - You can check out my thread here 'u' •○

....................................................................................................

Ka-P0w (don't worry, it's short, lol):
Spoiler:

Working With Teams - (Interesting) guide involving the (+)s and (-)s of working w/ your forum buddies.

Photoshop Selection Tool Options - Not too sure of what some of the tool options do? This is a guide to what things like contiguous means.

+Quote Post

Pentagonbuddy
post Feb 21 2011, 06:37 AM
Post #10

Obligated To Love <3
Group Icon

Well, there's no right and wrong about it! It's just that when you're making graphics for a game, it can look intrusive to see the artists' name on something like a face or a battler, y'know? I guess it's kinda hard to explain! It breaks immersion is what I'm getting at.

Though man, I'm really bad about even signing art I don't want people to use.

--------------------

+Quote Post

SacreDoom
post Feb 21 2011, 06:59 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Great things you have here AM.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lunarea
post Feb 21 2011, 07:05 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Both side views, though the angle of the light would be different depending on the side. It's a little better in the front view, but it's missing a couple of those darker lines.

Here's a quick example to illustrate what I mean - don't mind that the lighting is wrong, I was just focusing on the technique):

(I really hope I didn't offend you by retouching your work. I know some artists are sensitive about that, so I'm sorry if I crossed a line! I just figured a visual aid would be best).

What might help is to vary the line between 1, 3 and 5 and the opacity between 25% and 50%. You've probably got an art program, so you can really use layers to your advantage - multiply, or erase them as you need. And the rest is just practice, really.

I always find that things look so horrible while I practice, and then one day it's like something inside just clicks. Boom! You can make wild textures on command. It's so weird! laugh.gif

So, definitely keep practicing. I bet you'll get all of it down quickly.

+Quote Post

Scinaya
post Feb 21 2011, 07:20 AM
Post #13

Spreading the Valentine's joy
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

;u; This is a wonderful contribution! Only few make battlers around and they are not easy to make~
You have interesting ideas floating around there in them... Inspiring :3

<o< Also the icons are very good. >m< I can't understand how some artists get stuff into so small space. o/ Good job there as well ;u; Also with cars. Many members have been lately wishing for modern things so I am sure the cars will have a warm welcome.

Thuuu~ About the signatures >m< I have to agree with Penta above... It isn't really a big thing though, thuh... I mean, we are not saying you are doing anything wroong ;A; But that's why games include credits ;u;

AND be just confident ;A; No need to be anxious when you post stuff of this quality... <u< Happy to see your work.

This post has been edited by Scinaya: Feb 21 2011, 07:23 AM

--------------------
;u; Thank you:

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Feb 21 2011, 07:47 AM
Post #14

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

O_O

These are amazing. All of it. I love how the icons turned out, and the battlers are incredibly well-done and fairly creative. The cars are awesome, too, but they would look better with a little touching up wink.gif

--------------------

Come join Team Smash today!

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

Check out my tutorial and articles:
How to Write a Story
The Kaptain's Article Dump

+Quote Post

Artain
post Feb 21 2011, 08:14 AM
Post #15

Marine
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

This is great. I will definitely use your icons, if I can find a place for them!

You really did a great job with the battlers as well. They really do come off as weird and scary; some of them are quite horrifying.

I'll tell you not to be too nervous too, though I'm just the same way. My hands get all cold and shaky. smile.gif It's not good for your nerves though, so try to stay confident! <3

@Trogdorr And shame on you for scaring her! mad.gif

--------------------

I have alot of experience with RPG Maker, and it is my pleasure to help those who want to learn. Feel free to ask me if you're having any trouble.
I'm rarely here anymore though, so it might take some time before I notice your message.

I Support:

My Project:
WIP Story Cutscene
Battle Scene Test

"Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy."

+Quote Post

Emmych
post Feb 21 2011, 09:31 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Holy woo woah wowo wowowowowowowoowwo!!! These are great, especially the battlers! Your painting style is soft but clean; might not be able to be used along side RTP battlers, but seeing as how these are for a very different type of game, that's probably not such a big deal.
Great resources! Thanks so much for the release! c:

+Quote Post

Emmych
post Feb 21 2011, 09:32 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

EDIT: Ah, bugger, it double posted. Sorry~!

This post has been edited by emmych: Feb 22 2011, 04:30 AM

+Quote Post

Kazzador
post Feb 21 2011, 12:35 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Good

Nice work as always A.M (and sessie). While I agree with lunarea with the car tile shading, I also like them how they are as they would fit in a dark game. Using them with the rtp or mack then the style lunarea has shown would be good smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

GrandmaDeb
post Feb 21 2011, 01:16 PM
Post #19

Retired
Group Icon

good morning A.M. biggrin.gif

The cars look good.

Iconset (The asian things are based off chinese stuff, although some things like seafood or rice should be more flexible):

Hey, many of the Japanese food items and accessories look like they might have come from a Japanese site I know.
Is that what you meant?

I like the Skeleton headed whip weilding battler thingies lol

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ronove
post Feb 21 2011, 05:06 PM
Post #20

I do not bite!
Group Icon

Gotta love more modern resources. smile.gif Thank you for sharing!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 06:32 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.