iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

> 

This forum is for recruiting for games in development. Please do not post threads about games being made here.

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Fantasy Guilds MMORPG, A brand new MMO which is currently being developed but needs more peop
flamespeedy
post Oct 8 2011, 11:28 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Type: Designer

Hey Guys.. im really sad to see all the neg + comments on your page. you have done really well and i really am looking forward to playing this game you are making.

i would like to apply for a beta testing job and a mapping job.. (Beta would be beter for me at the moment though)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Eniosis
post Nov 12 2011, 03:02 PM
Post #22

EniosisG Founder
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

QUOTE (ShadowXzygon @ Jul 28 2011, 07:51 PM) *
If it seems grouchy, then I'm sorry, it's what my posts have come to after seeing so many people trying to make an MMORPG out of VX, and seeing pretty much all of them gone to the scrapyard. It gets tiring to watch. Now, I'm not saying you guys don't, but even on a regular project, there should be some actual progress before anything needs to be recruited. It's a crapload of work making a VX ORPG, and pretty much all of those cold questions I threw at you are what I've also gone through to even get a solid base. So, I'll go through this again, but in a nicer 'tone', and again, I'm sorry for the tone I used in my last post. If you don't want to listen and read this, then don't, just a few tips of, I guess, 'real' advice.

We had a bit too many ideas, and even though they were plausible separately, it was a crapload of work fitting them together and still getting diversity (ie: Stuff like crafting, woodchopping, etc. etc. We felt that each one being the same runescape-style standing there and waiting for the tree to be chopped down was wayyy too boring. However, since we weren't ever satisfied with what we had, we couldn't even finish a stable bones-bare beta.) I've looked at your quests, but what you've had so far is something that's out of reach for V1.8's quest system at the moment, so you'll need some creative eventing to do it, as because of the unique window style that VTL has, other quest systems are more than likely not going to work. If you've gotten your servers to work, that's great, because most people can't even get that. If you haven't, then you'll just need to work a bit with IPs and networking and such. If you want to connect out of your server, you'll have to use a 3rd party program, such as Hamachi (Which is what we used) if you do not have a Static IP. (Networking chiz.) You also need beautiful, but open maps, as just cubed maps are unappealing, and closed because it's not a single-player game, and you'll want the player to be able to move around and such. They also have to be made so that you CAN go back and forth, and events aren't based around single-player. You'll want the game to be big (But not huge maps, anything bigger than...I think it was 60x60, 80x80, 150x150, or 200x200 that made the player lag like heck.). And at least 20 minutes of gameplay. It may not seem hard, but, honestly, it takes forever just to get 5-10 minutes of gameplay going, especially if you keep running into glitches and whatnot due to server issues.

Well, you can take that advice or leave it be, but yeah. Sorry about being so cold, after about 20+ VX MORPGs and people pestering, it gets extremely tiresome. (Although, I still like to read VX MORPG topics and see if they go anywhere. 99% of the time, they don't.)

(This info is invalid if you've switched to Eclipse already. )

Well said

--------------------

+Quote Post

Voltage
post Nov 12 2011, 06:48 PM
Post #23

Coding in C#
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Unaligned

If you're serious about an mmo, I'd suggest Unity. Though all the coding is done in C#, Java, or Boo(variation of Python). Give it your best and you'll go far. In the end, you could embed your mmo.

--------------------
"You may take notes lads."
Some of my work:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

ShinGamix
post Nov 27 2011, 02:16 AM
Post #24

...now loading...
Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

@ Voltage What about the people who cant code especially in those languages?

I wish all the MMORPG developers out there would just join into one community mmo then it might actually get finished.

Fantasy Guilds nice name.

--------------------
The Maker of Battle Dungeons!!

+Quote Post

ShadowXzygon
post Nov 27 2011, 06:35 AM
Post #25

The Interloper
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

@ShinGamix - Most people aren't serious about it, that's why. A lot of MMOs say they'll work 'till the end, but usually disappear without a trace. By far, WRO was the one closest, but due to an unfortunate system crash, which included backup crashes, yeah... If people are really serious about making a good MMO, they'll learn to code in those languages or something similar, or figure out some intense way in something such as, well, ruby.

@kboy - I don't care about Eclipse Origins or Evolution, I was just saying if you used it, my advice was invalid...Which I'm sure you didn't give any regards to in the first place. Just because the server works doesn't mean nada, it just means that you can follow directions/use MySQL & etc.

--------------------

"You die a lot. That's not healthy."

Real life contains glitches, what the %&$@?

+Quote Post

kboy
post Dec 22 2011, 07:58 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

QUOTE (ShadowXzygon @ Nov 27 2011, 07:35 AM) *
@ShinGamix - Most people aren't serious about it, that's why. A lot of MMOs say they'll work 'till the end, but usually disappear without a trace. By far, WRO was the one closest, but due to an unfortunate system crash, which included backup crashes, yeah... If people are really serious about making a good MMO, they'll learn to code in those languages or something similar, or figure out some intense way in something such as, well, ruby.

@kboy - I don't care about Eclipse Origins or Evolution, I was just saying if you used it, my advice was invalid...Which I'm sure you didn't give any regards to in the first place. Just because the server works doesn't mean nada, it just means that you can follow directions/use MySQL & etc.

Geez. Why do you have to be so negative? We are working on this. We arn't like all these other people including yourself who used to say "Hey imma make an MMO" then give up on it. Your obliged to say what you think but it's common courtesy not to troll on people and run them down. Look. We have our server up and running. So you can stop with the lectures. If you trying to help then thanks bro, but we dont need it. I made this topic to see if anyone would like to help us. But what your doing isn't helping. Thanks Anyway but you can leave us alone now.

-Kboy33-

This post has been edited by kboy: Dec 23 2011, 10:39 AM

+Quote Post

CrescentClaw
post Dec 29 2011, 03:01 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

kboy, I respect your enthusiasm towards your project, and I really wish to see the finished product. Game development is a wider world than we know and everyone has had their own respective experiences. If you once respect someone, it is unruly if you go against him if he sounded a bit harsh. That is how he talks and advises people when he can. I'd say that you have completely misunderstood his intentions. Xzygon didn't want your bad, believe it or not. What he and the forum elf say is rather true to an extent. Due to unforeseen reasons, many, many VX ORPGs had to be shut down. Either due to real life experiences, or due to data loss. But it's not that I'm saying you won't succeed in completing your treasured project, I'm just saying what the facts are. Just like the previous posters did. Not everyone is kind, not everyone is harsh. Please try to understand that, and again I repeat this: you have just misunderstood the intentions of Xzygon and everyone else who did not talk good about your project, or so it seems to me.

--------------------
"People want to be what they cannot be." -My Older Bro

I support these epicnesses
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

jtarules89
post Jul 4 2013, 11:27 AM
Post #28

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Can I possibly help with your project. I am an excellent music producer, map designer, and website developer / coder.

+Quote Post

Akod
post Jul 4 2013, 02:21 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Please do not post on a recruitment thread whose last post was in 2011.

--------------------

Having issues eventing something? Feel free to send me a message and I will see what I can do!

I Support
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 10:57 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.