iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Notes for Complete Game Threads

This forum is for completed RPG Maker VX games. Please do not post threads about games being made in other engines here.

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> White Rose Online, Now without Hamachi!
Rainbow Jello
post Feb 25 2011, 01:11 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Good

White Rose Online is an online MORPG created in RPG Maker VX using Vlad's Telam Ludus scripts. In it's prime it had over 100 unique users. WRO is a community project which we hope will be an online environment for RPGMaker fans and members to socialize and have fun. When I call it a community project I mean that anybody can design graphical or coded content for the game and submit it for addition to the game. WRO is and will always be a completely community driven and free-to-play game.

White Rose Online is a project which is currently under development and as such many aspects of the game are subject to often quite heavy changes over time, we ask that you be patient with us as we iron out issues and release new content. Our mission as the WRO development team is to create a highly aesthetic game world,, filled with experiences and characters of surprising depth, which we hope will teach our players meaningful lessons about life, people and society.

The official WRO website is a great resource and has more information about the game than this thread does.

You can visit the official site at http://white-rose-online.webs.com/

For updates on server status, upcoming content and in game tips and tricks I suggest you like and follow the official facebook page.

The official facebook page for the game is https://www.facebook...575314?fref=ts#

This game is seriously rated A for adults, that warning in the opening isnt a cruel joke. While a majority of the game is pretty PG, there are some parts of WRO which contain pixilated nudity, drug use, heavy /mature themes, and if you participate far enough in the dating mini game explicit / graphic sexual language. If you're not mature enough to handle that then you should choose none / not interested in the character personality questionnaire when it asks you for your physical attraction and relationship preference or never take character relationships that far.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PLEASE SUPPORT WRO BY PUTTING THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE!

CODE
[url="http://white-rose-online.webs.com/"][img]http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab86/ajmm610/wrosupportbar-2.png[/img][/url]

Are you interested in submitting an armor, hat, accessory or creature for use in WRO? I am always looking for interesting new ideas and content to add to the game. If you're going to submit clothing make sure you send it without the black outline. Just make sure it fits seamlessly onto these templates. Send me a .png version of it with all skin and body parts cut out of it and I'll credit you and find a place for it in game.

Template Pack

Credits

See main page of official website for updated credits.

This post has been edited by Rainbow Jello: Aug 3 2014, 11:09 AM

--------------------
My MORPG

I'm looking for scripters, artists, writers for assistance in fleshing out White Rose Online. I am willing to pay by commision, maybe hourly, I need dedicated passionate people who care about the project as much as I do.

I support...

Spoiler:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rainbow Jello
post Feb 28 2011, 09:50 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Reserved.

This post has been edited by Rainbow Jello: Aug 3 2014, 08:41 AM

--------------------
My MORPG

I'm looking for scripters, artists, writers for assistance in fleshing out White Rose Online. I am willing to pay by commision, maybe hourly, I need dedicated passionate people who care about the project as much as I do.

I support...

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

The JJ
post Feb 28 2011, 10:04 PM
Post #3

TGOD
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I'll give this a go then, Althought I may or may not be able to actually do it today since I need to go to sleep soon. Is the server 24/7 or what?

--------------------

If anyone can sprite, draw RTP portraits and make HUD's then I will pay if someone would help me with some editing, Name the price and just PM me.

+Quote Post

Rainbow Jello
post Feb 28 2011, 10:05 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (The JJ @ Feb 28 2011, 10:04 PM) *
I'll give this a go then, Althought I may or may not be able to actually do it today since I need to go to sleep soon. Is the server 24/7 or what?

Yes, the server is 24/7.
Until the end of the week.

This post has been edited by Rainbow Jello: Feb 28 2011, 10:06 PM

--------------------
My MORPG

I support...

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Zetu
post Feb 28 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #5

Has broken out of Staby Rehab!
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Even thought I have one of those 'feelings' about this, I'll sign up. Btw, you need to give a hamachi network name for us to use to contact you.

--------------------
My Scripts:

Best. Error. Evah!!!
Spoiler:

Team JIFZ: Jet, Ice, Fenix, Zetu

A stabbing Gesture is a friendly Gesture

+Quote Post

Rainbow Jello
post Feb 28 2011, 10:07 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zetu @ Feb 28 2011, 10:06 PM) *
Even thought I have one of those 'feelings' about this, I'll sign up. Btw, you need to give a hamachi network name for us to use to contact you.

Its under the instructions xD

--------------------
My MORPG

I support...

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Zetu
post Feb 28 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #7

Has broken out of Staby Rehab!
Group Icon

My bad, didn't see that xD

--------------------
My Scripts:

Best. Error. Evah!!!
Spoiler:

Team JIFZ: Jet, Ice, Fenix, Zetu

A stabbing Gesture is a friendly Gesture

+Quote Post

Voltage
post Feb 28 2011, 10:32 PM
Post #8

Coding in C#
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Unaligned

An mmo script is a nice idea, although I may just be dreaming when I wish it would use a different battle system. Something like pokemon personally, strategy tied in with online play. This game could use a good storyline, however I'm aware how difficult that would be within an online world.

--------------------
"You may take notes lads."
Some of my work:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Rainbow Jello
post Feb 28 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (Voltage @ Feb 28 2011, 10:32 PM) *
An mmo script is a nice idea, although I may just be dreaming when I wish it would use a different battle system. Something like pokemon personally, strategy tied in with online play. This game could use a good storyline, however I'm aware how difficult that would be within an online world.

It has a basic storyline now, and may expand on it later. It is hard to write a story for an mmorpg that isn't cliche or lame though, you're right about that.

--------------------
My MORPG

I support...

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Voltage
post Mar 1 2011, 12:26 AM
Post #10

Coding in C#
Group Icon

You could definately write a great story for an mmorpg, although it would most likely be littered with cliches as you suggested. For example, amnesia, cliche, but effective. Past life could be an enemy to absolute monarch, also cliche, hence amnesia covers the back story, thus creating your first enriched character.

I'm not suggesting you take these examples, but the concept I'm conveying is this;

Each character the player creates is based on a species, just like they're displayed in your screenshots. Each species could have their own plot line within a generic story within an mmorpg. That way, the same story is being retold within the lense of different characters and these characters are assigned to the species you've selected. Thus allowing a unique experience every time you replay the game, online, which is a great bonus.

That's just my two cents on mmo's, it's kind of like Dragon Age: Origins.

--------------------
Some of my work:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Rainbow Jello
post Mar 1 2011, 12:27 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (Voltage @ Mar 1 2011, 01:26 AM) *
You could definately write a great story for an mmorpg, although it would most likely be littered with cliches as you suggested. For example, amnesia, cliche, but effective. Past life could be an enemy to absolute monarch, also cliche, hence amnesia covers the back story, thus creating your first enriched character.

I'm not suggesting you take these examples, but the concept I'm conveying is this;

Each character the player creates is based on a species, just like they're displayed in your screenshots. Each species could have their own plot line within a generic story within an mmorpg. That way, the same story is being retold within the lense of different characters and these characters are assigned to the species you've selected. Thus allowing a unique experience every time you replay the game, online, which is a great bonus.

That's just my two cents on mmo's, it's kind of like Dragon Age: Origins.

I really appreciate your input, stuff like this helps me think in ways I hadn't even considered.

--------------------
My MORPG

I support...

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Voltage
post Mar 1 2011, 12:34 AM
Post #12

Coding in C#
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rainbow Jello @ Feb 28 2011, 06:27 PM) *
I really appreciate your input, stuff like this helps me think in ways I hadn't even considered.

No problem, I planned on making an mmo with torque 3d once. If you need any other suggestions just shoot me a pm. I hope to see others give feed back as well.

--------------------
Some of my work:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Rainbow Jello
post Mar 2 2011, 06:49 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Is there a reason so few people are interested in this... :\
Is there something I should change or do?

This post has been edited by Rainbow Jello: Mar 2 2011, 07:11 PM

--------------------
My MORPG

I support...

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Roane
post Mar 2 2011, 07:28 PM
Post #14

4TehLulz
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

QUOTE (Rainbow Jello @ Mar 2 2011, 12:49 PM) *
Is there a reason so few people are interested in this... :\
Is there something I should change or do?

Probably because, as far as I know, no one has successfully pulled something like this off.
It sounds really interesting to me though. I know a few months back I noticed an old thread where someone else was talking about doing something similar but the thread appeared to be dead and I've yet to get a reply when I PMd the OP so guessing he abandoned his project and this was like..3-4 months ago.
I'd be more than willing to give this a shot, I need to re-read over your intro post and see what all I have to do to get it setup and started. That is, if you're still looking for people to test it.

--------------------

Yes, I am so [filtered]ing hot I want to have my own babies.
I've learned a valuable lesson from watching old episodes of Carmen Sandiego: Mexicans steal sh*t and then run away.

+Quote Post

Rainbow Jello
post Mar 2 2011, 07:41 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Yeah, testing is going on until Sunday this week.
Only gotten 4 people so far though... and a lot of them haven't had the time to really play.

--------------------
My MORPG

I support...

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Roane
post Mar 2 2011, 07:54 PM
Post #16

4TehLulz
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

QUOTE (Rainbow Jello @ Mar 2 2011, 01:41 PM) *
Yeah, testing is going on until Sunday this week.
Only gotten 4 people so far though... and a lot of them haven't had the time to really play.

Okie dokie. Looking at the links in your first post and seeing what all this entails.
I'll PM you some questions I have though, so I don't clutter your thread.

--------------------

Yes, I am so [filtered]ing hot I want to have my own babies.
I've learned a valuable lesson from watching old episodes of Carmen Sandiego: Mexicans steal sh*t and then run away.

+Quote Post

Rainbow Jello
post Mar 2 2011, 07:55 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (Roane @ Mar 2 2011, 08:54 PM) *
Okie dokie. Looking at the links in your first post and seeing what all this entails.
I'll PM you some questions I have though, so I don't clutter your thread.

Sure, and maybe I'll make a FAQ section in the main post once I know what people are interested in knowing.

--------------------
My MORPG

I support...

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

shadowdeath
post Mar 2 2011, 08:31 PM
Post #18

The Wild Ride Never Ends
Group Icon

Just some advice.
Never use Hamiachi.
Port-Foward.

+Quote Post

Rainbow Jello
post Mar 2 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (shadowdeath @ Mar 2 2011, 09:31 PM) *
Just some advice.
Never use Hamiachi.
Port-Foward.

Whats wrong with Hamachi.
It's how I was told to set-up this server.
For all I know, for Vlad's script you might need Hamachi xD

--------------------
My MORPG

I support...

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

shadowdeath
post Mar 2 2011, 09:08 PM
Post #20

The Wild Ride Never Ends
Group Icon

Hamiachi is annoying to download in order to play.
Port Forward is Plug&play and needs no extra adjustments or downloads.

I don't mind it if it's good, which it looks, but it's just advice.

The game does look good though.
Good job so far.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd September 2014 - 01:19 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.