iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Notes for Complete Game Threads

This forum is for completed RPG Maker VX games. Please do not post threads about games being made in other engines here.

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> White Rose Online, Now without Hamachi!
Give Me Your Opinion
You do not have permission to view or vote in this poll.
Rainbow Jello
post Feb 25 2011, 01:11 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Good

White Rose Online is an online MORPG created in RPG Maker VX using Vlad's Telam Ludus scripts. In it's prime it had over 100 unique users. It was open previously for almost a year before technical problems brought it down. It is now returning intact as a community project in what I hope will be an on-line environment for RPGMaker fans and members to socialize and have fun. When I call it a community project I mean that YOU can design graphical or coded content yourself and submit it for possible addition to the game. WRO is and will always be a completely free to play game.

You can visit the official site at http://white-rose-online.webs.com/

The official facebook page for the game is https://www.facebook...575314?fref=ts#

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PLEASE SUPPORT WRO BY PUTTING THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE!

CODE
[url="http://white-rose-online.webs.com/"][img]http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab86/ajmm610/wrosupportbar-2.png[/img][/url]

Are you interested in submitting an armor, hat, accessory or creature for use in WRO? I am always looking for interesting new ideas and content to add to the game. If you're going to submit clothing make sure you send it without the black outline. Just make sure it fits seamlessly onto these templates. Send me a .png version of it with all skin and body parts cut out of it and I'll credit you and find a place for it in game.

Template Pack

Spoiler:
10000 years ago an unknown disaster wiped out most of the life on our planet. Generations of survivors later the memory of that horrible tragedy lives on in the stories told around the campfire. This planet has given us a second chance and it's time to write our names on the pages of history.

You can start the game as either a Berserker, Defender, Rusher, Hunter, Shaman or an Elementalist, of either gender. From there you can choose from 6 races, all with their own strengths. Then you can further customize the look of your character. After completing the tutorial your character will be sent to Rabbit Island where you will develop the skills you need to succeed on the mainland.

Spoiler:
Classes

Berserkers use 2-handed weapons and maintain a delicate balance between offence and defence.

Defenders are essentially the tank class in WRO focusing on blocking and taking hits.

Rushers use two 1-handed weapons at once and focus on raw attack power to overwhelm the enemy.

Hunters use ranged weaponry combined with high critical hit and dodge rates to kill their enemies.

Shaman focus on the healing and life preserving aspects of magic. They are also essentially a tank mage.

The Elementalist is all about destruction and damage with magic. They are the glass cannons of WRO.

Races

Humans have been around since as long as any history book documents. They live in small villages keeping mostly to themselves. They're known by the other races as incredibly average and trustworthy. They start with a small boost in defence.

The Negativa are a powerful and mysterious race. They exist outside perceivable reality, which is why they appear to be in a negative light to other races. Negativa originate from their large city located in an alternate reality, coming through a portal they opened linking their world to this one. A Negativa character will start with a small boost in attack power. Very headstrong, the Negativa see pure offence as the best defence.

The Waterborn are a humanoid species made entirely of suspended water. They started appearing in large numbers after the water had become tainted. They wash up on the shore by the dozens. They are emotionless and have magical properties. Some tell tales of an underwater civilization who's people were trying to escape the now poisonous waters of the sea. Waterborn characters will start with a small boost to their mana.

Orcs are a more primitive humanoid species with a culture enveloped in war and violence. They believe that only the strongest have the right to live. They are often fiercely loyal to their tribe and spend most of their lives in conflict with neighbouring tribes over resources and land. An orc character will start off with a small boost in health.

Devilkin live deep underground secluded from the rest of the world. It is rare to see one outside of their large underground cities since they need lava to survive. Devilkin characters will start with a small boost to their spirit.

Robots are the product of a self propagating, reproducing robot colony experiment built by scientists from the past. The robots were designed to fight for survival in very much the same way as the other races. Over the years they built their own cities and populated the planet. They have now become apart of this world and are widely recognized as one of the races. Robot characters will start with a small boost to their agility.

Slimes are the most intelligent and resourceful of the races as well as the most attuned towards magic. All slimes start off a pale white color and depending on the color they grow into they will excel at a particular elemental magic. The slime village on Rabbit Island is one of the last remaining sanctuaries containing pure water. They bring caravans filled with barrels of water all over the island in return for currency. The slimes speak by projecting meaning into the minds of others. This allows them to communicate with those whom they don't share a language with.

Goblins are the least intelligent of the species, but what they lack in mind power they make up with overwhelming numbers. Many of them, in particular the feral ones on the mainland are immediately hostile towards other races. They reside mainly in swamps and other muddy areas.

The mainland isn't finished yet. To reduce common frame rate issues and lag large areas are ripped into pieces as separate instances to reduce the amount of events on one map. This means there will be an occasional 2 second long loading screen. While this game may not be much to look at, the online engine Vlad has made can be quite CPU intensive, so you may need a decent computer to run it smoothly. Close extra programs you have running besides the client if you experience FPS issues. The download is somewhat big, and for multiple reasons.

Spoiler:

Important Shortcuts

I - Inventory (Drag and drop items onto the shorter bar at the bottom of the screen to put them on hotkeys to use quickly)
C - Status (put up points here when you level and check other important stuff)
K - Skills screen (Drag and drop skills onto the longer bar at the bottom of the screen to put them on hotkeys)
Home - Open chat quickly

An extremely old screenshot from InDev

When fighting an enemy don't wait for them to be in front of you. The game treats the creatures as if they are in front of you, even if it only appears as though they are just rounding the corner. If you take advantage of this and strike as soon as they start coming around the corner you'll be able to get the first hit before they turn to face you. Try to keep a few white teas in your inventory for quick home teleport if you are stuck in a bad situation. Most enemies in the game drop interesting and useful equipment so if you are finding yourself outmatched it may be worth farming some lower level monsters.

For Defenders: Make use of shields and blocking they are your best friend. Always carry many potions and the appropriate elemental resistance items (soft white bun, salted roast beef) Defender's aren't the most hard hitting class so a focus on the attack stat is par for the course. Defenders get a buff that lowers their ATK to 75% but increases their DEF to 125% which can be useful for situations where the enemies physical attacks are very strong. High level shields have a higher block rate.

For Rushers: You have the ability to use two weapons at once. USE IT. A general rule with this class is if a monster can't be killed in 2 hits before it faces and hits you then you may not be ready for that area yet, or you need to bring some potions. Rushers get a buff that sets their ATK to 125% but their defense to 75% which can be useful for plowing through a tough area. Rushers benefit much from HP and DEF stat increases but even more so from ATK.

For Hunters: You are the non-magical ranged class of the game. Your main stats are ATK and AGI in that order. ATK increases your damage output while AGI increases your critical hit rate and dodge rate. Hunters have a buff which doubles their AGI at no cost. You should always use it. Ammo you have should be dragged to the ammo box in the bottom right corner once the appropriate weapon is equipped. Guns have a faster bullet speed but lower damage. Bows have slow speed but highest damage. Crossbow is a middle ground between the two. Remember that up close shots deal double damage. Projectiles can pass through multiple enemies.

For Elementalists and Shamans: Remember that up close magic always hits double damage but puts your character at significant risk of a counter attack. Make sure your spell is strong enough to kill them in one cast at that range. Spells also pass through multiple enemies so take advantage of that. Keep a crappier spell on one of your hotkeys to deal with random weak mobs as they waste less mana than the higher spells. As a spellcaster your character is also exceptionally weak, therefore be on your guard for backspawning and large groups of enemies.
The mage classes get a buff that sets their INT to 125% but their defense to 75% which can be useful for plowing through a tough area. Using your stun spell is useful for holding chokepoints or escaping from a powerful enemy. If you still find you are dying to much adding HP is a good alternative. Elementalists have the benefit of using two staves at once. USE IT.

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE PLAYING C:

Spoiler:
* Some players suffering from FPS problems have found that leaving their cursor in this circled red area when not in use fixes the problem.

* Vlad's scripts are somewhat unstable and as such there are occasional server crashes. You can lose your character to these if you haven't logged or switched characters in awhile. To make sure your character is saved in case of crashes you can occasionally switch characters then log onto the same character. This saves everything about your character.

*Please remain respectful to other players. Treat others how you would wish to be treated.
* I am not a tutorial or walk through, please play the game on your own and discover things on your own. Thats part of the magic in WRO.
* De-encrypting the files to gain any advantage over others is strictly forbidden. You will be IP banned.
* I created this game, It doesn't mean I'm volunteering to help you make yours, or that my hamachi chat is a VTL tutorial discussion. Please PM me on the forums if you'd like some help with VTL.
* There are some parts of WRO that contain nudity (Pixel nudity mind you). If you can't take that then you shouldn't play.
* There are some openly gay, lesbian, bi and trans characters in WRO. If this makes you uncomfortable don't play.
* Monsters in WRO are client sided meaning that the monsters on your screen will be completely different from another. You may see another player attacking the air. This is an unfortunate and unchangeable fact about RPG Maker VX online games. It's really not that bad to be honest, you start to tune it out eventually.
* Equipping a shield requires you to transfer to a new area to update your character sprite. Holding S will still bring up your shield, you just won't see it in front of your character until you go to a new area. Same if you equip a stronger shield, it wont update until you go to a different area but it will still treat you as if you are wearing the better shield.
* When you have the chat box open you cant transfer to a new area. This is a problem with the engine itself and not fixable.
* Tabbing out of the client will pause all activity. No need to worry about dieing when typing to your friends on msn or something.
* You can only carry 99 of an item before purchasing more will not increase the amount you have. Items will not split into separate blocks.

Credits

Spoiler:
Artists
- Celianna
- Elise-Chan
- Sithjester
- Enterbrain
- Mack
- Rainbow Jello
- Other Various Artists (I'm sorry for lack of specifics this project is big and old. If you see something by you I will be more than happy to add you to the credits)

Coding
- Vlad of Vampyr Coders
- Xzygon
- OriginalWij
- Cr4200
- Ccoa
- Agckuu Coceg
- Bravo2Kilo
- XaXaV
- Rainbow Jello

Thank you to all the fabulous people who made this project happen :3

This post has been edited by Rainbow Jello: Jul 3 2013, 04:29 PM

--------------------
My MORPG

I'm a 'starting out' electro-house music producer, you can like my page and listen to my music here :3

I support...

Spoiler:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rainbow Jello
post Feb 28 2011, 09:50 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Click on the link below to access the WRO chatroom. If you're having trouble with anything, or just want to see who's active then please feel free to stop by here.

http://zippychat.com/room/7672

This post has been edited by Rainbow Jello: Aug 16 2011, 02:36 AM

--------------------
My MORPG

I'm a 'starting out' electro-house music producer, you can like my page and listen to my music here :3

I support...

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

The JJ
post Feb 28 2011, 10:04 PM
Post #3

TGOD
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I'll give this a go then, Althought I may or may not be able to actually do it today since I need to go to sleep soon. Is the server 24/7 or what?

--------------------

If anyone can sprite, draw RTP portraits and make HUD's then I will pay if someone would help me with some editing, Name the price and just PM me.

+Quote Post

Rainbow Jello
post Feb 28 2011, 10:05 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (The JJ @ Feb 28 2011, 10:04 PM) *
I'll give this a go then, Althought I may or may not be able to actually do it today since I need to go to sleep soon. Is the server 24/7 or what?

Yes, the server is 24/7.
Until the end of the week.

This post has been edited by Rainbow Jello: Feb 28 2011, 10:06 PM

--------------------
My MORPG

I support...

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Zetu
post Feb 28 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #5

Has broken out of Staby Rehab!
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Even thought I have one of those 'feelings' about this, I'll sign up. Btw, you need to give a hamachi network name for us to use to contact you.

--------------------
My Scripts:

Best. Error. Evah!!!
Spoiler:

Team JIFZ: Jet, Ice, Fenix, Zetu

A stabbing Gesture is a friendly Gesture

+Quote Post

Rainbow Jello
post Feb 28 2011, 10:07 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zetu @ Feb 28 2011, 10:06 PM) *
Even thought I have one of those 'feelings' about this, I'll sign up. Btw, you need to give a hamachi network name for us to use to contact you.

Its under the instructions xD

--------------------
My MORPG

I support...

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Zetu
post Feb 28 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #7

Has broken out of Staby Rehab!
Group Icon

My bad, didn't see that xD

--------------------
My Scripts:

Best. Error. Evah!!!
Spoiler:

Team JIFZ: Jet, Ice, Fenix, Zetu

A stabbing Gesture is a friendly Gesture

+Quote Post

Voltage
post Feb 28 2011, 10:32 PM
Post #8

Coding in C#
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Unaligned

An mmo script is a nice idea, although I may just be dreaming when I wish it would use a different battle system. Something like pokemon personally, strategy tied in with online play. This game could use a good storyline, however I'm aware how difficult that would be within an online world.

--------------------
"You may take notes lads."
Some of my work:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Rainbow Jello
post Feb 28 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (Voltage @ Feb 28 2011, 10:32 PM) *
An mmo script is a nice idea, although I may just be dreaming when I wish it would use a different battle system. Something like pokemon personally, strategy tied in with online play. This game could use a good storyline, however I'm aware how difficult that would be within an online world.

It has a basic storyline now, and may expand on it later. It is hard to write a story for an mmorpg that isn't cliche or lame though, you're right about that.

--------------------
My MORPG

I support...

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Voltage
post Mar 1 2011, 12:26 AM
Post #10

Coding in C#
Group Icon

You could definately write a great story for an mmorpg, although it would most likely be littered with cliches as you suggested. For example, amnesia, cliche, but effective. Past life could be an enemy to absolute monarch, also cliche, hence amnesia covers the back story, thus creating your first enriched character.

I'm not suggesting you take these examples, but the concept I'm conveying is this;

Each character the player creates is based on a species, just like they're displayed in your screenshots. Each species could have their own plot line within a generic story within an mmorpg. That way, the same story is being retold within the lense of different characters and these characters are assigned to the species you've selected. Thus allowing a unique experience every time you replay the game, online, which is a great bonus.

That's just my two cents on mmo's, it's kind of like Dragon Age: Origins.

--------------------
Some of my work:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Rainbow Jello
post Mar 1 2011, 12:27 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (Voltage @ Mar 1 2011, 01:26 AM) *
You could definately write a great story for an mmorpg, although it would most likely be littered with cliches as you suggested. For example, amnesia, cliche, but effective. Past life could be an enemy to absolute monarch, also cliche, hence amnesia covers the back story, thus creating your first enriched character.

I'm not suggesting you take these examples, but the concept I'm conveying is this;

Each character the player creates is based on a species, just like they're displayed in your screenshots. Each species could have their own plot line within a generic story within an mmorpg. That way, the same story is being retold within the lense of different characters and these characters are assigned to the species you've selected. Thus allowing a unique experience every time you replay the game, online, which is a great bonus.

That's just my two cents on mmo's, it's kind of like Dragon Age: Origins.

I really appreciate your input, stuff like this helps me think in ways I hadn't even considered.

--------------------
My MORPG

I support...

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Voltage
post Mar 1 2011, 12:34 AM
Post #12

Coding in C#
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rainbow Jello @ Feb 28 2011, 06:27 PM) *
I really appreciate your input, stuff like this helps me think in ways I hadn't even considered.

No problem, I planned on making an mmo with torque 3d once. If you need any other suggestions just shoot me a pm. I hope to see others give feed back as well.

--------------------
Some of my work:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Rainbow Jello
post Mar 2 2011, 06:49 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Is there a reason so few people are interested in this... :\
Is there something I should change or do?

This post has been edited by Rainbow Jello: Mar 2 2011, 07:11 PM

--------------------
My MORPG

I support...

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Roane
post Mar 2 2011, 07:28 PM
Post #14

4TehLulz
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

QUOTE (Rainbow Jello @ Mar 2 2011, 12:49 PM) *
Is there a reason so few people are interested in this... :\
Is there something I should change or do?

Probably because, as far as I know, no one has successfully pulled something like this off.
It sounds really interesting to me though. I know a few months back I noticed an old thread where someone else was talking about doing something similar but the thread appeared to be dead and I've yet to get a reply when I PMd the OP so guessing he abandoned his project and this was like..3-4 months ago.
I'd be more than willing to give this a shot, I need to re-read over your intro post and see what all I have to do to get it setup and started. That is, if you're still looking for people to test it.

--------------------

Yes, I am so [filtered]ing hot I want to have my own babies.
I've learned a valuable lesson from watching old episodes of Carmen Sandiego: Mexicans steal sh*t and then run away.

+Quote Post

Rainbow Jello
post Mar 2 2011, 07:41 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Yeah, testing is going on until Sunday this week.
Only gotten 4 people so far though... and a lot of them haven't had the time to really play.

--------------------
My MORPG

I support...

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Roane
post Mar 2 2011, 07:54 PM
Post #16

4TehLulz
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

QUOTE (Rainbow Jello @ Mar 2 2011, 01:41 PM) *
Yeah, testing is going on until Sunday this week.
Only gotten 4 people so far though... and a lot of them haven't had the time to really play.

Okie dokie. Looking at the links in your first post and seeing what all this entails.
I'll PM you some questions I have though, so I don't clutter your thread.

--------------------

Yes, I am so [filtered]ing hot I want to have my own babies.
I've learned a valuable lesson from watching old episodes of Carmen Sandiego: Mexicans steal sh*t and then run away.

+Quote Post

Rainbow Jello
post Mar 2 2011, 07:55 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (Roane @ Mar 2 2011, 08:54 PM) *
Okie dokie. Looking at the links in your first post and seeing what all this entails.
I'll PM you some questions I have though, so I don't clutter your thread.

Sure, and maybe I'll make a FAQ section in the main post once I know what people are interested in knowing.

--------------------
My MORPG

I support...

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

shadowdeath
post Mar 2 2011, 08:31 PM
Post #18

The Wild Ride Never Ends
Group Icon

Just some advice.
Never use Hamiachi.
Port-Foward.

+Quote Post

Rainbow Jello
post Mar 2 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (shadowdeath @ Mar 2 2011, 09:31 PM) *
Just some advice.
Never use Hamiachi.
Port-Foward.

Whats wrong with Hamachi.
It's how I was told to set-up this server.
For all I know, for Vlad's script you might need Hamachi xD

--------------------
My MORPG

I support...

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

shadowdeath
post Mar 2 2011, 09:08 PM
Post #20

The Wild Ride Never Ends
Group Icon

Hamiachi is annoying to download in order to play.
Port Forward is Plug&play and needs no extra adjustments or downloads.

I don't mind it if it's good, which it looks, but it's just advice.

The game does look good though.
Good job so far.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 09:51 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.