iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Music Thread, Show off your latest tunes.
AngelsDen
post Aug 20 2011, 02:07 PM
Post #41

Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Unaligned

QUOTE (Ehras @ Aug 16 2011, 06:27 PM) *
My most recent piece. I put a lot of new learning and a lot of effort into this one.

http://soundcloud.com/juliancurrie/dreams-of-illuminescene

What do you guys think?

Overall the Song acts very sluggish since the mainmelody repeats too often. However, the instruments are well used
and it could fit very well into idle places like slums or wastelands.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Ehras
post Aug 21 2011, 12:36 PM
Post #42

Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

QUOTE (AngelsDen @ Aug 20 2011, 03:07 PM) *
Overall the Song acts very sluggish since the mainmelody repeats too often. However, the instruments are well used
and it could fit very well into idle places like slums or wastelands.

I appreciate your thoughts.
Admittedly the main melody repeats it's self a few times. I didn't think it brought the over all feel to sluggish though.
However, thank you for taking the time to listen to it and to comment on it.

--------------------
- Always learning, Often changing, Never digressing.

+Quote Post

AngelsDen
post Aug 27 2011, 03:53 PM
Post #43

Group Icon

The second Battle Thme from Elemental...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Parastella
post Sep 7 2011, 04:42 AM
Post #44

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

I love your work Joerao, and Ehras, I think it's nice you can make something so moody, not something I feel I'm that great at. AngelsDen, I love the flute that comes in around 1:13. It give's me happy tingles lol.

Anyway, I'm not by any means a musician, even though I've somewhat learned a few tricks in fl studio, but I've started composing some things of my own lately and I wanted to get some opinions. For my game's sound I'm trying to stay away from the big epic orchestral sound and go with a sort of nasty, electronic, phantom of the opera in space thing. I'm having a lot of trouble with coming up with some variation in the composition of my music, though. My brain just wants to stick to patterns and not go anywhere else. I don't want to really go overboard and create a huge, complex piece for some bg music that will change and restart every time a player goes inside a store and comes out again, though. I don't know... Your more experienced opinions would be much appreciated.

HERE is some bg music to a big, dark city stuck in perpetual night.

Edit: The opera vocal was a free sample from which I only used several lines. It was sang by Angela Sheik and is just a bg vocal to a song she wrote (which I haven't herd).

This post has been edited by Parastella: Sep 7 2011, 04:51 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

MusicZombie0250
post Sep 7 2011, 07:30 PM
Post #45

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
Group Icon

@Parastella Phantom Of The Oprah In Space... I should write that musical lol anyway, I must say your piece was pretty cool. Though when I listened, I didn't get the big dark city feel. The high soprano voice and the relatively light synth kind of draw away from the mood I feel like you were trying to give. The technoness of the drums kind of lead away from it as well, but I don't seem them being a huge deterrence. Basically, cool stuff, its definite the kind of stuff you described. Simple and electronic, but its still good. But its not really something I'd expect to hear in the setting you describe. Maybe when actually walking throough the city the song fits better, I dunno. Just my thoughts. Good work though!

Anyway, this piece isn't so recent but I figured I'd just post it. It isn't meant to loop or anything like that, just a piece I wrote for a competition. Comments?

--------------------

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Parastella
post Sep 10 2011, 06:13 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

QUOTE (MusicZombie0250 @ Sep 7 2011, 08:30 PM) *
@Parastella Phantom Of The Oprah In Space... I should write that musical lol anyway, I must say your piece was pretty cool. Though when I listened, I didn't get the big dark city feel. The high soprano voice and the relatively light synth kind of draw away from the mood I feel like you were trying to give. The technoness of the drums kind of lead away from it as well, but I don't seem them being a huge deterrence. Basically, cool stuff, its definite the kind of stuff you described. Simple and electronic, but its still good. But its not really something I'd expect to hear in the setting you describe. Maybe when actually walking throough the city the song fits better, I dunno. Just my thoughts. Good work though!

I get what you're saying. I'm also starting to doubt it's use. I'm sure I'll find somewhere for it to go. I'm also working on a bassline for it, which it doesn't have yet.

QUOTE (MusicZombie0250 @ Sep 7 2011, 08:30 PM) *
Anyway, this piece isn't so recent but I figured I'd just post it. It isn't meant to loop or anything like that, just a piece I wrote for a competition. Comments?

This is very nice! It's very classical, sort of reminds me of something I'd hear in a Castlevania game. Really like it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Logic
post Jan 27 2012, 08:08 AM
Post #47

Level 69
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Wow. You guys create some impressive stuff.

Thought I'd drop in a couple of small projects that I'm working on. Everything feels unfinished. All the time.

Here is the link and the other link!

No pre-made loops or anything like that. Learning to put together a realistic sounding drum kit on that first one. Second one is my first time going with more of an orchestrated sound. Ha.

Looking for criticism. Be as harsh as you possibly can be!

+Quote Post

DP3
post Feb 5 2012, 02:00 PM
Post #48

Swinging a chain in a town near you.
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

I'm obviously not the best music composer, in fact I'm not all that good at all.
But sometimes I make half-decent songs and I was hoping for some feedback from other people.

I'll start with my original songs that actually sound pretty good. :blizj:

SoundCloud URL

Good Songs

Title Screen - Genre: Rock
I use this as my title screen for my game, sounds pretty good for me.

The Paranoid Shadow of an Underground Passage
Sounds good when used in a cave, as it gives the echo effect.

Transversing Through the Mystic Abyss
Sounds good when use in a dungeon with cliffs and black spaces (EG. Falling into a black hell).

The Face Behind the Mask
The Face Behind the Mask (Rock Version) - Genre: Rock
Don't let the name fool you. It's not guitar solo stuff, it is supposed to be a touching song.

Other Songs - These are the ones I'm not sure about.

Battlefield, Training

Friendly Battle

Some Dungeon

Mind Boggling Enemy Base - Genre: Electronic

Thank you for any feedback - This includes good and bad.
I appreciate constructive criticism. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

HolmesS
post Feb 14 2012, 12:59 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

The second one is better.
Sounds more like music than noise. No offense.
Think you could do better though.

--------------------

+Quote Post

RobertC
post Mar 5 2012, 10:39 AM
Post #50

Group Icon

Type: Coder

i don't write songs
but i play the guitar
the last song i learned was Low Vs. Diamond - Heart Attack
amazing song

--------------------

+Quote Post

lightspeed15
post Jul 19 2012, 02:51 PM
Post #51

Dope
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Good

hey guys, I have a couple of friends who've been working long and hard on a song and they've finally released it!!

The genre IS hip-hop/rap, but the song is clean, meaning no cuss words. And also the message is clean as well, they aren't rapping about drugs and girls and those kind of things.

If you guys are interested, they'd really appreciate the views:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHNaM6xH8I

Thank you, I appreciate your time!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

SketchXii
post Jan 18 2013, 07:11 PM
Post #52

Infinite Creator
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

---

This post has been edited by Dodeca: Jun 6 2013, 12:52 AM

+Quote Post

Ehras
post Jan 18 2013, 11:49 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

Yo Dodeca, those tracks are pretty awesome.
I really liked them, they're fun and exciting but not in a lame way, you should definitely keep them going.
If you don't mind constructive criticism then keep reading, other wise just skip this next paragraph.

I know they're not finished, but some of the melodies (in the over world theme)
don't seem like they know where they're going.
Minus that, these sounds are pretty cool and what I would call them an awesome start.

--------------------
- Always learning, Often changing, Never digressing.

+Quote Post

SketchXii
post Jan 30 2013, 10:54 PM
Post #54

Infinite Creator
Group Icon

---

This post has been edited by Dodeca: Jun 6 2013, 12:52 AM

+Quote Post

Young Prodigy
post Feb 1 2013, 02:18 PM
Post #55

Group Icon

Tell me what you think of my new techno song guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ3IlBZu4X4

--------------------
Check out my original music on my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MagniusKun?feature=mhee

Download my free music for games at this topic:
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=53570

+Quote Post

KamaKazeR
post Feb 12 2013, 06:08 PM
Post #56

The Machete King
Group Icon

This is my most recent song. Wasn't made for a video game, just was goign through alot and got in the studio and recorded it. I have 1st verse and my friend has the hook and 2nd verse. I wrote and recorded my verse and engineered the whole song so tell me what yall think.
https://soundcloud.com/thekrnation/digital-valium-final2-mp3

--------------------
Need some useful utilities to use with your video game, music, or graphics? Here ya go
Having issue's with making Event's? Calling Videos in game? Cutscenes? Various Event's? Visit My Event Tutorials. Their All Video's i Made Myself.
Check out my music KamaKaze
And my brothers music, which I engineer most of myself Drastikk

+Quote Post

IndigoRaven
post Jan 1 2014, 08:58 PM
Post #57

HEY, KID! - Negiles
Group Icon

Here is a song I made for Bizarre Monkey's Menagerie(I am the composer for that game.) https://soundcloud.com/ravenblueindigo/battle-for-nadine Here's a song from a game of mine that acts as the airship theme. The "Ah Ah Ah-Ah Ahwu" sound is made from my vocals, and the part starting at 0:40 utilizes a choir made out of my voice (Which I use alot in this game's soundtrack.) https://soundcloud.com/ravenblueindigo/purs...e-confrontation This here is the basic battle theme. It uses the same "Ah Ah Ah-Ah Ahwu" from the previous song, along with the vocal choir. I also added lyrics later. The lyrics are as follows "There is danger all around you. You gaze around in suspense. They're ready to attack you, but you're fearless, aren't you!?" https://soundcloud.com/ravenblueindigo/to-fight

This post has been edited by IndigoRaven: Jan 1 2014, 10:32 PM

--------------------
I am a composer. I did the music for Bizarre Monkey's Menagerie :D. Check out my soundcloud, yall! https://soundcloud.com/ravenblueindigo

+Quote Post

CrecieVII
post Jan 12 2014, 08:52 PM
Post #58

Kain Alexander
Group Icon

I'm a bit nervous about posting my work as I'm still a novice composer, but here we go anyway. The following is a playlist of three themes I'd originally had in mind for my now-turned-into-a-novel RPG Maker VX project Ad Lucem. Dreams of the Stoic, Gregory's theme, I can't even really call so much a composition as an edited mix, given it was made out of loops in Mixcraft many, many years ago. But the Bastian Hymn and (K)Night Dream Lullaby are things I've done in the past year without the aid of loops using Finale and converting the midis through SolMiRe.

https://soundcloud.com/kainalexander/sets/ad-lucem-music

I'm aware the themes are probably very repetitive. As I said, I'm a novice composer, so I'm still working on trying to find my own style and legs. Any constructive feedback you guys have to offer would be greatly appreciated, as I want to get better at writing music.

--------------------
It's-a-me, the slowest person at getting back in the game in the world!

+Quote Post

Bizarre Monkey
post Jan 15 2014, 03:09 AM
Post #59

^ May not be the actual Easter Bunny...
Group Icon

QUOTE (CrecieVII @ Jan 13 2014, 07:52 AM) *
I'm a bit nervous about posting my work as I'm still a novice composer, but here we go anyway.
That's the sport! Gotta start somewhere.
The following is a playlist of three themes I'd originally had in mind for my now-turned-into-a-novel RPG Maker VX project Ad Lucem. Dreams of the Stoic, Gregory's theme, I can't even really call so much a composition as an edited mix, given it was made out of loops in Mixcraft many, many years ago. But the Bastian Hymn and (K)Night Dream Lullaby are things I've done in the past year without the aid of loops using Finale and converting the midis through SolMiRe.
Listening to Bastian Hymn and I really like it.

I'm aware the themes are probably very repetitive. As I said, I'm a novice composer, so I'm still working on trying to find my own style and legs. Any constructive feedback you guys have to offer would be greatly appreciated, as I want to get better at writing music.
I can't offer much for feedback as I myself am not a composer, your choir work is stupidly well done though!

Also, most video game music tends to be repetitive, what I suggest as a not-composer is finding a game developer to work with who likes musically-synced cut-scenes like I do and offering to lend them a hand, or you can find already established clips and make sync tracks for them.

Here's a few of the picture Cutscenes I made, I imagine this process might help prevent stress of repetition.

--------------------
The Crazy Chimp Collective Blog
Founder of the Crazy Chimp Collective (CCC) and Award-winning developer.
Spoiler:
Current CCC Contributors:
Bizarre Monkey (Creative Developer, Artist and Founder)
Andinator (Album Artist and Fan Artist)
AngryPacman (Coder and Composer)
Apoc (Tile, Album and Planetary Artist)
Basil (Album Artist)
UsagiShinobi (Concept Artist, Album Artist and Voice Actor)
KaptainJ (Security Camera and Podcasting)
Loion (Doer of Nothing)
Moneymenace (Composer)
Notte Eterna (Artist and Tester.)
Omegas7 (Response Adviser and Future Engine Developer)
Peva (Promoter and Supporter)
Pjcr (Pixel and Iconset Artist, he also makes the CCC Portraits.)
Qtpi0121 (Pixel Artist)
Rgangsta (Panorama Designer and Enhancer)
RavenBlueIndigo (Composer)
Tsuyoi Raion (Marketing) Resigned
Xiie (Logo Artist and HUD Designer)
Xzygon (Coding support and Voice Actor)
Zadorain (Composer)

Why can't I... hold all these awards??
Spoiler:

--

Thank you everyone! :D

+Quote Post

Carfie
post Feb 12 2014, 03:20 PM
Post #60

Carfie
Group Icon

Dropping Orbital Velocity here.
One of my most recent Battle tracks.
usually my music is more platforming (read: Megaman stylish) but this one has got ff battle written all over it wink.gif.
Enjoy (and share your thoughts smile.gif )

Carf - Orbital Velocity

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 11:05 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.