iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tomoaky SRPG2 v1.0121, tactical battle system
Rating 4 V
new
post Mar 11 2011, 01:05 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

i guess you just looked literally. event ID 4 is the turn event manager. so are you sure your really looked into the map events??
in the english manual i made you can read this:
CODE
* set_enemy (event_id, enemy_id)
set event id to correspoding enemy id

* set_actor (event_id, member_id)
set event id to corresponding member id (based from party organization)

* set_npc (event_id, enemy_id)
set_enemy version for npc.

* set_pnpc (event_id, enemy_id)
set_enemy version for pnpc

CODE
conditional variable : turn count == 1
@> change party member: add Elmer
@> script: $game_system.srpg_member.push($game_party.members.size-1)
@> script: focus event(14)
@> script: set_actor(14, $game_system.srpg.members.size-1)
@> text: REINFORCEMENT has arrived

so basically you need this two script calls
1. $game_system.srpg_member.push(n) where n is the player position number/order
2. set_actor(event id, actor id)

$game_system.srpg_member.push(n) can get confusing, if i use $game_system.srpg_member.push(1), this means you added a new SRPG to the player array [0], now you have [0,1]. followed by set_actor(2,1) means event ID 2, for example, will have the stats of actor ID 2.

the reason it's confusing because player unit starts with 0 ID, and actor ID starts with 1. it's an array thing.

This post has been edited by new: Mar 11 2011, 01:09 PM

--------------------
download here
(Ask before using a bar from someone's sig -Touchfuzzy)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Pinky
post Mar 11 2011, 01:17 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Thank you very much. I'll try my best and see what happens. My only question is if the player was an enemy before you talked to them then how would you remove the enemy so that it has the enemy as a player now, or does it automatically change and get redid of the enemy or npc version of that character?

This post has been edited by Pinky: Mar 11 2011, 01:19 PM

+Quote Post

new
post Mar 11 2011, 01:34 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

QUOTE (Pinky @ Mar 11 2011, 02:17 PM) *
Thank you very much. I'll try my best and see what happens. My only question is if the player was an enemy before you talked to them then how would you remove the enemy so that it has the enemy as a player now, or does it automatically change and get redid of the enemy or npc version of that character?

just do it man. every event has a page 1 then if you talk to it be sure to put self-switch A is ON. after recruiting the unit, make a page 2 with a self-switch A is ON so that it doesn't repeat page 1. again, use the script call, make an event an actor, set_actor, enemy use set_enemy, set_npc, set_pnpc the likes. it's there.

come on, it's a big script i believe i don't have to put everything in there, like i said, i just put all the instructions tomoaky placed himself. anyway i just don't like answering questions whose answers are already in the instructions.

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

Pinky
post Mar 11 2011, 02:44 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

I'm sorry, I won't ask anything else unless I run into a real problem.

EDIT: Now I am having trouble for some reason when add only one actor it doesn't add anny actors. I really need help with this I cannot figure out why. The problem is I need only one actor for the first map. EDIT2: Never mind I figureed it biut now for some reason when I chose a command durimg battle thegame freezes and I cannot do anything what did I do wrong?

This post has been edited by Pinky: Mar 11 2011, 04:33 PM

+Quote Post

chorrol
post Mar 11 2011, 09:32 PM
Post #25

Trololo
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

Hmm... What an odd coincidence... Just at the time when I found this and went here to check if there was a translation... sad.gif

+Quote Post

StormKat2035
post Mar 11 2011, 10:22 PM
Post #26

Hedge Witch
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

QUOTE (new @ Mar 9 2011, 02:06 AM) *
RPG Maker VX RGSS2_SRPG2 v1.0121
Battle System scripted by tomoaky
original script site
(english translation by momo)

Terms and Conditions
This script can only be used for non-commercial games.
Script modifications are allowed. If so, credit must be given to original author.
Always link back to home site: http://hikimoki.web.infoseek.co.jp/
Compatibility issues is not supported by the original author.
Feel free to report bugs and suggestions at the website

Introduction
This battle system was created by tomoaky. It has many features including that of Fire Emblem (Talk), Final Fantasy Tactics (Set Face Direction), Advance Wars (Terrain effects).

Features
Spoiler:

-Easy to use!
-Talk
-Counterattack
-Assist
-Backattack
-Float (ignore tiles passability)
-Spider (Water walk)
-Submarine (Water only)
-Berserk
-Reflect
-Mana Shield
-Zombie
-Don't evade
-Don't move
-Don't act
-Guts
-Overweight
-Knockback
-Immobile skills
-Pierce skills (cannot be reflected)
-Steal
-Scene Organization for Missions
-Setup Terrain effects
-lots of customizations for skills/items/weapons/armors/enemies!
-Easy to manage SRPG Battle Scene with only 1 event

Screenshots

How to Use
An english manual is included inside the demo.

Download Demo

original japanese RGSS2_SRPG2 v1.0121

english version RGSS2_SRPG2 v1.0121 by momo

Note: Demo contains 2 optional scripts! Card Slot (i translated to english too) and Job Level. Delete if you do not wish to use.

FAQ

Q: You said, script modifications are allowed, can you give examples?
A: Sure thing, i found 3, well one is my own project. here are youtube videos.

1.CotW SRPG2
2.Korean mod TRPG
3.SRPG with KGC Scripts and STR Scripts

Q: I saw an SRPG3D at the site, why didn't you translate that?
A: because it keeps getting updated with new features.

Q: Is this the latest version?
A: check the home site for updates

Q: How do you do this and that?
A: I've only included the instructions I found in the site and inside the japanese demo. And I feel they are good enough to let anyone know how to use the battle system.

Q: Some of your translations seem wrong..
A: Well, the basic function and display are in english. if some instructions seem vague, not my concern. besides, why not correct those minor things yourself.

Credit and Thanks
- new (momo) -> english translation
- tomoaky -> maker of the script

Author's Notes
Enjoy using this script. Hopefully more RMVX SRPG games be made out there.

I'm sure this works on your all's computers but that English download link to Mediafire doesn't work. I am a member of the Mediafire website and other downloads work find it's just that this one refuses my the download by re-directing me to a different website.

The Japanese download works well.

--------------------
When there's a will for a Wizard, there's also a way. ~ StormKat

http://urbanelectronicgames.com/phpbb/index.php

Rpg Maker VX & XP on Facebook

+Quote Post

Jasonicus
post Mar 11 2011, 11:21 PM
Post #27

Old Friend
Group Icon

Type: Writer

Well, logic says if you are the only one having the issue then its on your end. Try a different browser.

--------------------
Trailer for It Came From Yesterday: Click Me

This was made by a dear friend of mine. Any support is appreciated! Also, Like the Facebook page while you're at it: It Came From Yesterday

New and improved official site: ICFY

Swagbucks referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jbart321

+Quote Post

Retired-Pine
post Mar 11 2011, 11:25 PM
Post #28

Not a democracy
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Let's also try to avoid making huge quotes

--------------------

Spoiler:

Awards
Spoiler:

Games I support [under construction]
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

new
post Mar 12 2011, 12:53 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

updated the original post and demo file with Pinky's FAQs. if anyone has questions feel free to pm it to me.

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

Pinky
post Mar 12 2011, 06:05 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

Okay I just noticed this is not compatable with Mithran's Class Change/Promote Item. I got this error when I didn't even use an item:

Attached File  Item_Problem.png ( 18.83K ) Number of downloads: 15

Could you make a patch with this battle system to make that script compatable with it, the characters can change classes in my game and I want to keep it that way so I really need the script to be comptable for this battle system please. It is way too hard to event class changes. Thank you.

+Quote Post

Havic
post Mar 12 2011, 10:25 PM
Post #31

BrokenMessiah
Group Icon

Type: Spriter

OMG, thanks to this I wont stop the production of my game. The reason being(in case you're interested)was that I kept running into errors the GTBS smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

new
post Mar 12 2011, 11:37 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

QUOTE (Pinky @ Mar 12 2011, 06:05 PM) *
Okay I just noticed this is not compatable with Mithran's Class Change/Promote Item. I got this error when I didn't even use an item:

Attached File  Item_Problem.png ( 18.83K ) Number of downloads: 15

Could you make a patch with this battle system to make that script compatable with it, the characters can change classes in my game and I want to keep it that way so I really need the script to be comptable for this battle system please. It is way too hard to event class changes. Thank you.

It's not that it's incompatible, it's because you used mithran's script wrong. not all scripts are plug n play. this wouldn't have incompatibility with job change scripts since it doesnt have any methods that modifies job/class of actors. and for the emphasis, tomoaky nor i will not make compatibility patches it's stated in the op. find a scripter to do it for you, i do not script. if you want to use a script learn how to use it.

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

LampJelly
post Mar 13 2011, 08:54 AM
Post #33

I ate Sephiroth's sword. .w.
Group Icon

Hello, newbie here!

Questions..
1. What is that script on 0:22 of the Korean TRPG Battle Example Video?

2. [I'm having a freezing problem on SRPG.. whenever I choose 'Move' or I finish attacking, it suddenly stops right there and I can't play it anymore. It happens on my game but works just fine on the demo; I have no other scripts in my game other than this.] EDIT: Yeh, I solved it! <': I just set everyone's agility to 0 in the parameter. :D Just in case someone asks again, hehe.

This post has been edited by LampJelly: Mar 13 2011, 09:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

new
post Mar 13 2011, 03:15 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

i don't know the mod scripts used in the korean TRPG. alright, i'll add that in the FAQ. but that thing is already in the manual, under "other notes"

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

Pinky
post Mar 14 2011, 03:30 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

I was just wondering how do you set up thief classes so that they can steal from enemy units? It doesn't say how, but says it's a feature. Also how do make so that only thieves and rogues can open treasure chest?

This post has been edited by Pinky: Mar 14 2011, 03:40 PM

+Quote Post

Mithran
post Mar 14 2011, 07:41 PM
Post #36

Scripter
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: True Neutral

QUOTE (Pinky @ Mar 12 2011, 10:05 AM) *

The simplest fix is to change ONSCREEN_TIER_FORMAT to something other than 4. My script assumes that any 'actor' passed into the 'draw_actor_level' method is actually an actor and mode 4 draws class tier offset from level based on this. Since 'enemies' also use this method to draw level in their status screen in this SRPG script, you can't draw using mode 4 without minor modification:

change
CODE
    draw_actor_tier(actor, x + offset, y) if Mithran::PromoteItem::ONSCREEN_TIER_FORMAT == 4

to
CODE
    draw_actor_tier(actor, x + offset, y) if Mithran::PromoteItem::ONSCREEN_TIER_FORMAT == 4 && actor.actor?

This verifies if the 'actor' is actually an actor before trying to draw the tier.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Pinky
post Mar 14 2011, 07:46 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

QUOTE (Mithran @ Mar 14 2011, 07:41 PM) *
The simplest fix is to change ONSCREEN_TIER_FORMAT to something other than 4. My script assumes that any 'actor' passed into the 'draw_actor_level' method is actually an actor and mode 4 draws class tier offset from level based on this. Since 'enemies' also use this method to draw level in their status screen in this SRPG script, you can't draw using mode 4 without minor modification:

change
CODE
    draw_actor_tier(actor, x + offset, y) if Mithran::PromoteItem::ONSCREEN_TIER_FORMAT == 4

to
CODE
    draw_actor_tier(actor, x + offset, y) if Mithran::PromoteItem::ONSCREEN_TIER_FORMAT == 4 && actor.actor?

This verifies if the 'actor' is actually an actor before trying to draw the tier.

Thank you I'll try that too.

+Quote Post

new
post Mar 14 2011, 09:38 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

Pinky, you can remove the "Job Level" script in the demo, and use mithran's promote script. to make a steal skill, just add the tag <steal=n> where n is the % chance success, and it is in the demo, and please read well. skill ID 90 is a steal skill.

CODE
Notefields for skills and items you see
<steal=n> n% chance of stealing an item

how to make only thief class, easy. make a state called thief/rouge, set the job rouge and thief to have this autostate in the Settings script, then use a conditional branch on the chest: if actor has this state, allow treasure chest to be opened, else, wrong job. remember that the chest event is player touch.
another conditional branch would be using if skill <lockpicking> is learned, that is only available for rogues and thieves. this question is not under FAQ but on eventing.

This post has been edited by new: Mar 14 2011, 09:39 PM

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

Pinky
post Mar 15 2011, 05:30 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

I am sorry for all of the questions but how do lock the main character in the party on more than one map, I set up all of the maps that I want the main character to be required in settings but it still made it so she can be switched out.

EDIT: Never mind figured it out made a mistake in settings.

EDIT: Sorry but I just noticed that the recuirt system you showed us how to do doesn't work when you set up the battle where you can pick members. How do you get it to work when doing this. I did it exactly how you showed us and it didn't work just because I made so you can chose members before battle.EDIT2: I'll worry about it latter I just didn't let you pick any characters and it worked.

EDIT3: I'm sorry but later in the game when I defeat my boss charcter I get this error the problem is I did everything right. The weird thing is it didn't do that with my first boss on a previous map. What went wrong?
Attached File  Syntax_Problem.png ( 14.81K ) Number of downloads: 3

This post has been edited by Pinky: Mar 15 2011, 09:12 PM

+Quote Post

new
post Mar 15 2011, 11:08 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

it actually still works, the method i showed has a bug, since if you check the unit list, there are two oscars. you just have to add:
CODE
@set_move route: change event graphics

i personally don't use "talk" to recruit a member since tomoaky himself did not show this in the original demo. tomoaky only showed reinforcements arriving at x turn. so that is what i am using. so converting a unit may not be possible by talking so try to figure it out yourself trying using those self-switches and your eventing skills.

EDIT: uploaded the original english demo.
-added soldier NPC that opens SRPG Scene "Defeat Orcs" where you can test the configurations of Rule Options and Rule Flags
-removed the "talk to oscar and recruit" event since it is visually okay, but the clone event is still registered in the unit list

This post has been edited by new: Mar 16 2011, 01:35 AM

--------------------
download here

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 12:57 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.