iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Final Fantasy Worlds, Complete, roguelike, platformer FF fangame.
squirrelmg
post Mar 22 2011, 03:02 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer

Final Fantasy Worlds is a roguelike, platformer RPG hybrid set in the FF universe. This means that nearly everything in the game is randomly generated, making the adventure different each time. It draws elements from FF 1-9 as well as many spin-off games like Mystic Quest, Legend, and Crystal Chronicles.

Download:
Download the most recent version, Version 1.1!
All files are included in the game. No need to have RMVX, its RTP, or anything else. Also, the filesize is only 20 MB.

Story:
The story of the game is, of course, randomly generated. All I can say is that it usually revolves around a character or item from the FF universe, in a setting somewhere in the FF universe, against a villain from the FF universe. In the game, you will be told the story in a very simple manner (text only). The focus of the game is the gameplay itself, so don't get excited for a dynamic storyline akin to the FF main series.

Characters:
The only characters are the villain, and your party. Your party can have up to four members, and except for your main character who is on an adventure, they have no backgrounds themselves. Use your imagination. You select each character's job at the beginning of the game. There are 21 jobs to choose from, plus five secret jobs after you clear the game. They are all different.

Features:
Final Fantasy-like battles

Sidescrolling gameplay

Dungeon layout and treasures are randomized

Randomized story

High replay value

Select up to four characters to be in your party

21 jobs to select from

5 secret jobs to unlock

Retro graphics

Fog of War, requiring you to explore in order to find treasure (or monsters!)

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMQkHJuIXQU

Screenshots:

Credits:
A game by: Squirrel
Written by: Squirrel
Maps by: Squirrel
Graphics by Square Enix and Enterbrain, edited by Squirrel
Characters and locations property of Square Enix.
Music- the lovely contributors of vgmusic.com

Scripts:
Menu- BigEd
Save screen- BigEd
Battle system- Enu
fog of war-Modern Algebra
caterpillar- Woratana
max level- Woratana

This post has been edited by squirrelmg: Apr 27 2011, 01:00 AM

--------------------
Click any of the images below for info about some of my COMPLETE games:

Or, you can visit my website to see and download even more of my games!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Steysel
post Mar 24 2011, 08:48 AM
Post #2

Freaky Geeky Nerdy Guy
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: True Neutral

QUOTE (squirrelmg @ Mar 22 2011, 11:02 AM) *
Story:
The story of the game is, of course, randomly generated. All I can say is that it usually revolves around a character or item from the FF universe, in a setting somewhere in the FF universe, against a villain from the FF universe. In the game, you will be told the story in a very simple manner (text only). The focus of the game is the gameplay itself, so don't get excited for a dynamic storyline akin to the FF main series.

Features:

Dungeon layout and treasures are randomized

Randomized story

Randomised story and dungeon layout? Okay sounds interesting enough. Downloading~

--------------------
I support :
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Tsuno
post Mar 25 2011, 10:15 PM
Post #3

Your personal Rmvx Furry.
Group Icon

Type: Artist

Personally, I love these kinds of games and I got addicted quick.

There's a few parts where I was able to walk around in the air though due to small holes in what I'm assuming is the collision wall.
That and I had to stop once I hit what I think was a boat map? Because I couldn't descent the ladder and explore the floor.

--------------------
Check out my youtube channel of RPG Commentary and Let's Plays!

+Quote Post

squirrelmg
post Mar 25 2011, 10:47 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (Tsuno @ Mar 25 2011, 11:15 PM) *
Personally, I love these kinds of games and I got addicted quick.

There's a few parts where I was able to walk around in the air though due to small holes in what I'm assuming is the collision wall.
That and I had to stop once I hit what I think was a boat map? Because I couldn't descent the ladder and explore the floor.

Uh oh! Those are terrible errors! Man, I had triple checked the collision walls hoping to avoid anyone experiencing that. Guess I missed some spots. Did you take any screenshots? (It would help me find the map to correct it)

I'll fix the boat-looking map immediately.

I wouldn't say there are enough bugs requiring me to upload an updated version, yet, though. So if you or anyone else comes across different problems, please let me know!

Oh, and I'm really glad you like the game! Makes me happy. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tsuno
post Mar 25 2011, 10:58 PM
Post #5

Your personal Rmvx Furry.
Group Icon

Sure thing! Later tonight I'll actually start up a new file and take some screens. At the moment I'm a bit preoccupied with some sprite work. ^^

EDIT: To prevent from double posting, I'm editing this post. After a second playthrough I've only encountered this one bug so far.

This post has been edited by Tsuno: Mar 26 2011, 03:44 PM

--------------------
Check out my youtube channel of RPG Commentary and Let's Plays!

+Quote Post

zeodrake
post Mar 27 2011, 12:28 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

I like the game from what i managed to play but the game gets some ramdom crashes and i can't even load the save no matter how many times i try, can you do something about the save at least please sad.gif

+Quote Post

squirrelmg
post Mar 27 2011, 02:04 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (zeodrake @ Mar 27 2011, 12:28 AM) *
I like the game from what i managed to play but the game gets some ramdom crashes and i can't even load the save no matter how many times i try, can you do something about the save at least please sad.gif

Really? I myself have experienced that same problem before, but the second time I try loading, it has always worked then. Believe me, I wish this was an error I could solve, but I actually don't know the root of the problem and if I did, I probably wouldn't know how to solve it anyway unsure.gif

But... on the bright side, you can just make a new file, right? I mean, the game is short enough to be played in one sitting, and is meant to be played over and over. Really sorry about that crash, but I hope you can continue to enjoy the game! rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Peva
post Apr 3 2011, 06:09 AM
Post #8

Also racism
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

*groans* I have to give this a shot, huh?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sevith
post Apr 3 2011, 07:04 AM
Post #9

Retired Bear Fighter. ಠ_ಠ
Group Icon

Congratulations. You found my weakness. You are the only person who has or will ever make me even remotely interested in a FF fangame. Kudos.

--------------------
QUOTE (nagilhs @ 2 May 2010)
this guys just a power crazed jack ass.

+Quote Post

Pixel777
post Apr 4 2011, 12:39 AM
Post #10

*lurks*
Group Icon

Type: Spriter

QUOTE (Sevith @ Apr 3 2011, 07:04 AM) *

Congratulations. You found my weakness. You are the only person who has or will ever make me even remotely interested in a FF fangame. Kudos.

Seconded. Most FF fangames suck major butt, but this is GREAT.

--------------------

Click here for my resources!

My Current Project
Spoiler:

Final Hetare(Thread coming soon! Maybe.)
Final Fantasy/Hetalia Crossover(More heavily based upon the Tactics Advance Series however, I just didn't want to make an SRPG)
Plot:
Spoiler:
...If one can gather the Four Crystals, a great power shall awaken...

This is a legend known by all Earth's inhabitants; monster, man, and spirit alike, from the heavens' highest point to the deepest sea. Constantly, it remains in the back of their minds as they go about their daily lives.

Our story begins with Meredith Sutton, the proprietor of an old inn passed down through her family to the oldest in Eastern Town(of which its main selling point is that the Four Legendary Warriors stayed a night here early on in their adventure).

Dsea's Famitsu Emosets

+Quote Post

squirrelmg
post Apr 4 2011, 01:05 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

What nice comments, guys! Thanks so much!

And guess what?

Due to some bugs, one of which is major, I will be (hopefully soon) releasing an updated version of the game, correcting all the errors from this first release. I've already fixed just about everything, but I still have a lot of testing to do.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Emmych
post Apr 4 2011, 01:22 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I enjoyed what I played so far! biggrin.gif My only gripe is that the Summoner (my class of choice) never actually learns any summon magic... sad.gif
Oh, right - also that I can't reload my save file. x3 But that's prooobably one of the bugs yer fixing, right? biggrin.gif

Anyway, yeah. It was fun! Keep it up. c:

+Quote Post

George the Unsee...
post Apr 5 2011, 03:02 AM
Post #13

You can't see me! Also, SOLDIER
Group Icon

Sevith interested in a FF fangame????? ITS THE END OF THE WORLD--

ok being serious now...
i will check this out in the morning when i'm more awake to play it.....
i will give my feedback later.... ok.

--------------------
Can you find the hidden message in my sig?

Random Quotes
Spoiler:
Everytime you spam.... A kitten dies... So think of the poor kittens each
time you spam.

QUOTE (PINEDAVX @ Nov 24 2009, 08:13 PM) *
The bahammer is starting to target George The Unseen.

QUOTE (Mr.M @ Jun 10 2010, 04:57 PM) *
When you make love with your girlfriend.... will you be thinking of me?

Stuff I support...
Spoiler:

Congrats... You found it... Here's a cookie! *Gibs cookie*

+Quote Post

amerk
post Apr 20 2011, 02:28 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

Very interesting, but I agree with the issues on loading a saved game. Most common are the following 2 issues:

1. Most common is the caterpillar script error, which happens regardless if you choose a solo party or a party of 4. The error is:
Script 'caterpillar' line 159: NoMethodError Occurred. undefined method '[]' for nil:NilClass

2. Not as common, but still frequent:
Script 'Fog of War' line 297: SystemStackError occurred. stack level too deep

+Quote Post

LastingDawn
post Apr 20 2011, 10:05 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

I enjoyed the game, played it through a couple of times and aside for some balance issues I found it very enjoyable.

Though one thing that really did irk me and is a glitch which I hadn't seen discussed here...

When you seem to start the game with
Spoiler:
Cecil
and try to walk through a door the game acts as if you have, your sprite (all of your sprites disappear) vanishes but trying to reenter the door does absolutely nothing, even saving and reloading (from the same session) appears to still have your sprites as invisible. I'm not sure if
Spoiler:
Cecil, or Terra, or Bartz, or Firion
may have had something to do with it?

All in all a great game, but does have room for improvement, the end game selection is a bit limited and you either blow the end boss away or are crumpled up by end game enemies from my experiences.

Also some of the classes seem to lack viability. Scholar for instance seems to have very little that a Red Mage doesn't get.

This post has been edited by LastingDawn: Apr 20 2011, 10:07 PM

+Quote Post

squirrelmg
post Apr 22 2011, 12:25 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

This is the first time I've been made aware of the Fog of War script bug.

But aside from that, all bugs have been corrected and gameplay slightly improved. I was hoping to upload this newer version by Sunday, but now I have to see what I can do about the fog of war bug... I've never encountered it myself, so that might be hard. Or maybe I'll just upload the newer version by Sunday anyway... it certainly is a big improvement.

--------------------

+Quote Post

amerk
post Apr 22 2011, 01:29 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

I get that bug very randomly, but still frequent enough to ask about it. But it's not as recurrent as the caterpillar issue.

+Quote Post

squirrelmg
post Apr 27 2011, 12:59 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Well, I uploaded the updated version! Please enjoy, and hopefully you won't come across any more bugs, errors, inconsistencies, or anything else dislikable!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DCQ8F2QD

--------------------

+Quote Post

NecromancerZ
post Jun 13 2011, 03:50 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Simple is best biggrin.gif I like it but the game always clash when I trigger a command too fast LOL.

+Quote Post

DragonDePlatino
post Nov 1 2011, 09:32 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Type: Spriter

A decent game. Of course its the first I've played but...
The stat scaling is a little off, I mean like, even after a few levels the mages can deal about 1/3 the damage the fighting classes can, and thats after I've given all my Attack ups to the fighters, who don't have all that great stats in the first place. Also about the stat scaling, the mages defense are far too high, as usually in battles the first to go down are always the fighters, then the mages survive for a couple of turns. That brings me to the next problem: the challenge curve. The moment I went into the Final 1/3...I was completely totaled. In the Second 1/3 it wasn't a problem at all. The answer to this problem would be to maybe add in some areas between, for a total of 5 areas, and make the challenge curve a little more smooth. One last thing, this engine is awesome. It's all old and crusty and nostalgic! I will have much fun later after I pass the Third 1/3 and the final boss. I am planning to Frankenstein my own original character Platino into the game. Overall, I've just started the Third 1/3 and taking into account this is a short, completely (kind of, I saw the maps) randomly generated game, I'd give it a 5/10. It was OK. dry.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 10:43 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.