iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> Notes for Complete Game Threads

This forum is for completed RPG Maker VX games. Please do not post threads about games being made in other engines here.

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spellbinder, ... a game from the mind of Wij ...
Pengwins
post Aug 28 2011, 09:45 PM
Post #81

Group Icon

Type: Designer

This game is very good. The only thing I didn't like about it is that it seems kinda linear, maps seems to small, and to many encounters. But other than that it's REALLY a great game! Honestly, you could probably market it on Xbox live or something if you didn't use other games' music/creatures. The product value is pretty high in my book. 9/10!!!

This post has been edited by Pengwins: Aug 28 2011, 09:46 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

lilcooldude69
post Oct 26 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #82

Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

this game is epic D:, like it alot lol, some of the things u have used in this game i might incorporate into mine of course giving you credit for it all <3, also what script are you using for those names to pop up like that, or is that confidential info tongue.gif?

--------------------

+Quote Post

CPLSeraphim
post Dec 14 2011, 02:01 AM
Post #83

CPLSerphim
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Dude, I loved this game. I have school work and a son. This game was amazing fun when i had a few minutes here and there to play. I am intending on making a game during the winter holiday, and your game gave me inspiration on what kind of enjoyment value i pray to get. I know you made this for an afternoon game, but i got a full 8 hours out of it, and it was great. I definatley liked the skill Death Mask definatley made those high level Praetors and grands a piece of cake. I throroughly enjoyed this game, but since i played on mute while my son was sleeping, i will surely have to give it another shot with volume, as I saw Billy Joel was in the mix.

Great job on the game... now to wait for the second story mentioned in the end...

Can't wait.

*** By the way, I loved how you had the spells evolve as the level went up. from attacking one enemy to the whole group. and great choices.

This post has been edited by CPLSeraphim: Dec 14 2011, 02:13 PM

--------------------

The Digimon Revoltion

+Quote Post

AlphaNexus
post Dec 30 2011, 12:40 AM
Post #84

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

This game is awesome! But when I'm in Cosmic Temple, I saved the game on slot 1. When I played it again, this error occured and the game just shuts down:
Script 'SB:Spriteset_Map' line 145: NoMethodError occured.
undefined method 'dispose' for nil:NilClass

Please do fix it. sad.gif I really want to finish the game.

Edit:
I was able to solve this problem by using a backup save and loading through it.

This post has been edited by AlphaNexus: Dec 30 2011, 08:00 AM

--------------------
Never lose sight of your wish! And if you want to see the wish fulfilled ... you must choose! No matter how painful the choice may be.

My name is...
Spoiler:
eiuolfyd

My games are...
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Arun
post Mar 11 2012, 01:10 PM
Post #85

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Hi

First of all, let me congratulate you on creating an excellent game. I have played through it twice and found it thoroughly enjoyable with nice music, visuals, etc. The small things like menu, screen fades, speed change with terrain were nice touches...

Please note some of my minor irks and some (hopefully useful) ideas below
Spoiler:
1. Starting new game or loading a game takes a bit too much time... While it is nice to see it is different from other games, it just takes too much time to walk up to start a game... It may be because I am a casual gamer, playing it 15 mts to half an hour at a time... So, I have to open the game many times, and hence I find it cumbersome...
2. On starting new game, the intro is a bit too long and there is no way to skip it... When I play the game first time, the intro was okay since I was seeing it for the first time, but when I start a new game the second time, it is repetitive and taking a lot of time..
3. If you die, the option to retry or exit is also a bit too lengthy to navigate... Sometimes, when I feel like the character will die (when it is low on health and locked in Confusion or Paralysis), I prefer to close the game and start from last saved point which may reduce the time compared to dying and then going to retry.
4. Saving a game during play takes too many keystrokes... It may be nice if a Quick Save & Quick Load feature can be adopted (Press a key combination to save the current status, another key combination loads the last quick save). The quick saves need not carry through shutting down of game.
5. The battles are very frequent and it may be a possibility to look into for reducing the frequency of battles in large maps (for example the desert area with the warning notice)
6. Entering houses when residents are not there and taking items from them seems like stealing. Even from houses where residents are present, if you take an item, you could have something like the person giving it to you rather than just take it...
7. Does Agility (either lowest of all members, or average) affect speed of movement? At one point in the snow lands, the walk was very slow, even running was slower than the usual walk (despite using hot chocolate to raise temperature). At that time, three of my characters had agility around 50-70... After I purchased some items to boost agility and played some time, it cleared up... Dont know if it was a bug or intentional...
8. The tree in first island (where you get "Grand" status) and the stonehenge like area in the desert island (where you get Level 3 bind and Level 3 destruction) were missed by me in the first playing as they are not "Directed" at any stage... Got them the second time though...
9. The Ice Temple did not appear to be part of the questing... I got the key, and completed the Air temple, Orlix just acted as if all temples were completed... Only later while using the dragon for getting to the temple above did I notice it. I checked again while playing this the second time, and did not appear to note any request from Orlix in this regard and again, completion of Air temple automatically assumed completion of all temples...
10. The spellbinder appears to get much better powers compared to the companions - an attempt may be made to ensure they get better skills to match his...
11. The battles are just a bit hard in the initial stages while getting used to the game, but quickly, they become too easy with skills that can affect all enemies, especially ones like Confuse, Infuse and Paralysis... Only battles with certain monsters that could cast confuse and paralysis were bothersome..
12. Healing spells need to be looked into. By Level 2, heal is able to completely heal a character from near zero so level 3 appears superfluous. Either hp level needs to be reworked or heal spell effect needs to be reworked...
13. Battles with purple chests and bosses need to be looked into. They are not really challenging... Only more rounds of fighting for bosses since hp is high... For purple chests, even that is not the case because of availability of skills that affect all enemies together (once special skills are available, even the other 3 members have such skills available)...
14. When fighting, members that are Guarding gain back hp and mp... Not sure if it is intentional or accidental...
15. Minor issues like animation of caster of spells appearing late...

Thanks again for the wonderful game and looking forward to its sequel...
Arun

+Quote Post

Sales Kital
post Jul 22 2012, 05:57 PM
Post #86

Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

I like this game but I found there to be 2 major flaws.

1. The button icons do not match up to the appropriate button on the keyboard. This has caused me alot of trouble when trying to play the game and pressing the button it says for one action and then winding up closing out of the menu instead.

2. MP recovery seems very unbalanced. I found that I'm getting way more status recovery items than MP recovery items, and for a game that has magic as a key part of the story that seems like a pretty big flaw. It actually got to the point where I'm selling nearly all the status recovery items because of how many I'm getting. I also only seem to recover mp by level up or an inn since I have yet to find a shop selling mp recovery items.

--------------------
╔═╦╗╔╦═╦═╦╗╔╗Put This In
║═╣║║║╔╣╔╣╚╝║Your Signature If
║╔╣╚╝║║║║╚╗╔╝You Are Or
╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝♥╚╝Support Furrys

+Quote Post

amerk
post Aug 18 2012, 04:19 AM
Post #87

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Unaligned

QUOTE (AlphaNexus @ Dec 29 2011, 07:40 PM) *
This game is awesome! But when I'm in Cosmic Temple, I saved the game on slot 1. When I played it again, this error occured and the game just shuts down:
Script 'SB:Spriteset_Map' line 145: NoMethodError occured.
undefined method 'dispose' for nil:NilClass

Please do fix it. sad.gif I really want to finish the game.

Edit:
I was able to solve this problem by using a backup save and loading through it.

This happened to me as well. And somebody long before you commented on it, too. And apparently OW never felt compelled to fix it. So here I sit, at the tale end, and I can't play it anymore because every time I load up my save this error comes up, and I refuse to go back two hour to my previous save slot and try it again. This makes for a very bitter experience, and one that makes me leery of downloading future projects from this developer, especially if he can't bother to reply back to these issues.

+Quote Post

GrandmaDeb
post Aug 18 2012, 10:08 AM
Post #88

Retired
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

Wij is hard to find these days - but he gets on the irc - i think he gets on the rmc channel - ask kalez if you bump into him. =]

I enjoyed spellbinder also.

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 09:21 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.