iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

> Note for Tutorial Threads

New threads (tutorials) here will go into a moderation queue. You will not see your thread appear when you create it. A moderator will decide if it will be approved or denied.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [-Other-] Screenshot Tutorial, Learn how to take pictures of your game.
Master Chris
post Aug 24 2008, 11:37 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

When alot of people need help, its easier to explain with a couple screenshots along with text. Some people that need help with event processing use screenshots, others screenshot things from their games for project development. Whatever the cause, the easiest way to do it is to hit the "Prt Scr" Button, That stands for "Print Screen." This button is located to the right of F12 on standard Qwerty Keyboards.

Now open up your favorite picture editing software. There are many such as GIMP, Paint.net, Microsoft Paint, or Photoshop. For the example I will use Microsoft Paint, since it is installed standard on most computers. There should be a bar at the top with the following options. Go ahead and click edit, then press paste. You should have a giant photo of the whole screen, this is a problem however, because good screenshots consist of just what you want. Go ahead and click the select tool.

Select whatever you want, right click the box, press copy. Then I want you to either scroll to the bottom right of the photo, or open a new file. Either way, to assure it is a good screenshot, do this anyway. There should be a little dot along the bottom right corner of the paint screen. Click and hold it, then drag it towards the top right. Do this until you have about a few pixels. Now I want you to go to edit, and paste again. Go to File, Save As, then save it as a PNG. PNG files are the best compressed that I can think of. Now you have created your first screenshot. Congrats. One last thing, to post them on the forum, you will need to use IMG tags. First, upload the file to the internet on a popular photosharing website such as photobucket or imageshack. An example would be
[ img ] http://www.google.com/logos/olympics08_closing.gif [ /img ]
without the spaces it would be,

Enjoy!

- Master Chris

This post has been edited by Master Chris: Aug 24 2008, 11:39 PM

--------------------
Master Chris's Pokemon Card / Links / Userbars
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 06:43 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.