iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

> 

This forum is for recruiting for games in development. Please do not post threads about games being made here.

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Radiation - Invasion of the Titans, Recruitment for the coolest futuristic VX game ever.
VXPioneer
post Mar 31 2011, 09:49 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Project recruitment for this game, named

STORY

It is the year 2050. After World War III, the remaining population has been reduced to about 30% of the original. The survivors decided to unite all of the countries to prevent any further war. The country covers every bit of land on the globe, all is peacefull.

Also, in the Capitol, there is a massive generator used to power the entire world.

However, in the past few years, the population has seemed to increase, and the generator became overwhelmed with the ammount of buildings and objects it had to power.

This lead to a meltdown and it exploded.

The generator used a new element called horgium, which has high mutating properties, when it exploded, it mutated every living thing within 2,000 kilometers of the generator into monsters known as the Titans. Their brainwaves were manipulated during the explosion, causing them to turn against humanity itself, and want to take over, enslave the human population, and destroy everything humanity has created or believed in.

Kirk Jenson, a scientist studying the generator's possible meltdown from the explosion, was at ground zero, and was killed in the massive explosion. His son, Reginald, and his daughter, Ivy, were separated during the first Titan invasion.

The Titans took over millions of cities, placing a fragment of the generator's core in each of the city's Capitol Buildings. They maintain radiation within 1,000 kilometers around them, spreading more mutation.

The Resistance, a force organised by the Peace Comittee, has been tasked with protecting the un-mutated people from being killed or mutated by the Titans. Reginald is a member of that force tasked with the job of fighting for the sake of humanity. Will he become an important asset to mankind? Or will the Titans destroy everything?

Screenshots

Once the game makes significnt progress, I'll release screenshots of the game with the Demo.

Gameplay

This game will be using an Action Battle System Script I am trying to find as the battle engine.

This game will be using the mission system, where the player, playing as Reginald, will go into the cities in a radiation proof uniform to get into the capitol buildings and destroy the cores.

It will contain custom tilesets, sprites, music, and gameplay.

The weapons you obtain will have a wide variety of abilities. There is a heat ray that will melt ice, and stun enemies, a freeze ray to get across water, and a grappling gun to pull Reginald over cliffs.

There will be certain points of the game where you will drive tanks and helicopters in order to progress.

A Replay system will be included to replay missions from the past to grind levels or find sidequest items.

There will be certin points in the game where the player will use a mutation device to turn into a Titan, without effected brainwaves to conduct stealth missions or get to certain areas.

This game will have something all games should have: A SKIPPABLE TUTORIAL PHASE.

World

The world is a future version of Earth. The only differences are that most cities are in ruins from World War III and the Titan invasions. There are few cities under protection of the Peace Commitee. Most of the major cities and famous locations will be locations for the player to visit and clear of Titans.

Character Bio

Reginald

Determined to elliminate the dangers of the Titans, his father was killed in the explosion nd his mother died in childbirth. He was adopted by his uncle, leader of the Peace Commitee. He is unaware his sister is still alive, as they were separated when Chicago, their hometown, was invaded and taken over.

Ivy

A fiesty, hot headed girl, she is currently among the numbers of the millions of missing people from the Titan invasion. She is Reginald's loving feternal twin.

Uncle Daniel "The Chief" Harvey

Leader of the Peace commitee, brother of Reginald and Ivy's mother, and long time family friend, he adopted Reginald and Ivy after their father died trying to keep the generator from exploding. Ivy was separated from him and Reginald during the invasion. He is frantically sending operatives out to find missing people, hoping one will be Ivy, but so far, to no avail. He issues out the missions for Reginald.

Recruitment

Alright, as you can see, I have a huge project I want to acomplish, and if you would like to help me, I need;

Sprite designers (up to three, you will be making sprites bsed off of drawings made by me and my friend, he requests you make them look more realistic to VX, and only change colors and textures. You can do anything to my drawings, as long as I can tell what they are)
Tileset designer (Up to two)
A music composer (Techno-Orchestrated, you will also be in charge of sound effects)
Voice Actors (I'll come up with a number once all the major characters are developed)
Faceset Designers (No style requirements, as long as they match the age of the characters, you will also be in charge of the title)
Script scouts (Make or find scripts to make the game customizable)
Animation Designers (Be prepared for a heavy workload. Make sure you aren't signed up for any other projects with a lot of work)
Anyone who has ideas for gameplay

I would like to release a demo of the game with a sample of 3/4 of the gameplay mechanics by the end of October 2011, and I want to finish it by June 2012.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

If you support this project, put THIS in your signature!

CODE
[img]http://i55.tinypic.com/zsjmrr.jpg[/img]

Current Progress

TEAM SIZE
Spriters [|||||-----] (Buju)
Music Composer [||||||||||] (VXPioneer and Jisun Hughes) COMPLETE
Tileset Designer [----------] (Buju) Script Scouts [|||||-----] (Buju, VXPioneer (NEED 2 MORE PEOPLE)
Game and Concept Staff [|||||||||] (Buju, VXPioneer, and VXPioneers's friends) COMPLETE
Faceset Designers [-----------]
Animation Designers [---------]
Voice Actors CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE JOB

DEMO VERSION 1.0
[||------------------]

FINAL GAME
[----------------------------------------]

Current Jobs

BUJU
FULL LIST OF SPRITES NEEDED FOR GAME
Rhino/Catarpillar Hybrid
Sprites of the origional Slime in RPG Maker VX, various colors (Red, Blue, Green, and Purple)
A Large Chameleon, make a sprite of it invisable, and an animation of it turning invisible, you can use the Lurk Lizard from Kingdom Hearts as a base
A small living flame
A large living flame
A giant living flame
A small living snowball
A large living snowball
A Giant living snowball
Shark/Squid/Human Hybrid (Large and Small)
A large ghost (Two seperate sprites of it transperant and solid)
A re-animated mummy
A Giant Scarab Beetle
A carnivorous mammoth with extra-sharp tusks
A bear with long metallic claws
A large living flower
A large metallic bee (Three Types) (Two Acomplished, need one more)
Spider/Monkey hybrid
A large egg sack
A giant Amoeba
(This list will change once the game progresses, these are just the enemies in the demo. Please include animations of these enemies attacking, good luck!)

This post has been edited by VXPioneer: Apr 23 2011, 03:38 PM

--------------------
The sheild spell in Adventure of Link turns me into CINNAMON TOAST MAN!!!!

But not just any gameplay designer, I'M THE LEADER OF THE ENTIRE PROJECT!!!! W00T!!!

Go here to see the recruitment to support Radiation and track the game's progress!
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showto...t=0#entry424522
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Buju
post Apr 8 2011, 07:11 AM
Post #2

The Crazed Spriter
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I like the post-nuclear theme, very interesting concept. If you're looking for a spriter, semi script scout, concept and game feature planner.. count me in. ive got some nifty ideas under my sleeve.

--------------------

+Quote Post

VXPioneer
post Apr 11 2011, 09:19 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (Buju @ Apr 8 2011, 07:11 AM) *
I like the post-nuclear theme, very interesting concept. If you're looking for a spriter, semi script scout, concept and game feature planner.. count me in. ive got some nifty ideas under my sleeve.

Awesome. Be prepared, this will be a huge job unless more people sign up to help. I have already found an ABS script and began designing the basic maps, but they are concepto to change as we get new tilesets.

As far as the sprites go, I will begin scanning the pictures drawn into the computer. I will release them in pairs. How long will it take for you to sprite?

If you have any ideas for gameplay and story ideas, please share.

As a test sprite, could you make a sprite of an anthromorphic T-Rex.

And as always, welcome to the team. I can't wait to see what we will get out of this.

--------------------

But not just any gameplay designer, I'M THE LEADER OF THE ENTIRE PROJECT!!!! W00T!!!

Go here to see the recruitment to support Radiation and track the game's progress!

+Quote Post

Buju
post Apr 13 2011, 07:36 AM
Post #4

The Crazed Spriter
Group Icon

anthromorphic T-Rex? now thats a mouthful. ill get back to you as soon as im done with it. i'll drop for a visit here once in a while and check for updates. just send me a PM if you need anything.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Buju
post Apr 13 2011, 09:11 AM
Post #5

The Crazed Spriter
Group Icon

Here's the unfinished anthropomorphic rex you asked for. just a sneak preview. wait for it til its done. i'll blow your mind. smile.gif
one more thing do you want me to put clothes on it , tattered, futuristic? or just naked?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jisun Hughes
post Apr 13 2011, 01:00 PM
Post #6

Jisun Hughes
Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Neutral Good

Do you need a composer? Dream Orbit Music Corporation is always an option. smile.gif We make music for free. PM me if your interested. Also if you want, google Dream Orbit Music Corporation and you will find our website. smile.gif

--------------------
Jisun Hughes
Maestro Chief Music Composer
Dream Orbit Music Corporation

Quality Game Music For You!

+Quote Post

Buju
post Apr 13 2011, 01:06 PM
Post #7

The Crazed Spriter
Group Icon

Done!

--------------------

+Quote Post

VXPioneer
post Apr 13 2011, 08:43 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

@Huju
Amazing job! I think you will make an excellent spriter for this game! I can't wait to see what else you can do! My friend approves, by the way!

@Jisun Hughes
Thank you for the offer. I'll keep you posted when I need some music. It will probobally be the last thing acomplished before the Demo is released. I will also throw in some of my compositions into the game in areas.

Thank you guys!

Now that I have a small amount of things we can acomplish, we can finally start on the Demo. We need a tileset designer, and trust me, it will be NO easy task.

Check out the game progress bar in the origional post if you want to check our progress. I you are looking for a job, there will be a section there as well, that way you won't have to go all the way to the end of the thread. I'm trying to make this as conveniant for you all as possible. Best of luck to you all!

This post has been edited by VXPioneer: Apr 13 2011, 10:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Buju
post Apr 14 2011, 03:09 AM
Post #9

The Crazed Spriter
Group Icon

Dude its Buju not Huju LoL!

What kind of attack animation do you want? Should I make it like in a character set? or Kaduki style? or Just plain animation graphic? give me details mate. send me a PM.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Buju
post Apr 15 2011, 11:25 AM
Post #10

The Crazed Spriter
Group Icon

Giant Venus Fly Trap done.

--------------------

+Quote Post

VXPioneer
post Apr 15 2011, 10:04 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (Buju @ Apr 15 2011, 12:25 PM) *
Giant Venus Fly Trap done.

Your sprites are amazing.

One quick question: Can you make icons? If not, do you know anyone who can?

--------------------

+Quote Post

VXPioneer
post Apr 15 2011, 11:22 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Just an update:

I have created the sprites for Reginald, Daniel Harvey, and Ivy using the Sprite Generator online. Sorry, I cheated. :-P

I have begun working on the opening of the game. I really need a tileset designer to design a modern city tileset, as well as urban tiles as well. We are doing good in spriting, we need a tile designer. Buju, do you know anyone who might be a good help to us?

This post has been edited by VXPioneer: Apr 15 2011, 11:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Buju
post Apr 16 2011, 02:20 AM
Post #13

The Crazed Spriter
Group Icon

send me the sprites that you chose for the actors, i need to get a better idea about their outfit and how they look like.
i can edit them too if you want.

I can help you out with the tiles too if you want. ill send you my urban tileset by pm. dont redistribute to others. ok?

btw... what is "Laser Chasst for ammo"? i dont get it. show me a drawing or any relevant image i can use. thanks.

This post has been edited by Buju: Apr 16 2011, 04:26 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

VXPioneer
post Apr 16 2011, 12:06 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (Buju @ Apr 16 2011, 03:20 AM) *
send me the sprites that you chose for the actors, i need to get a better idea about their outfit and how they look like.
i can edit them too if you want.

I can help you out with the tiles too if you want. ill send you my urban tileset by pm. dont redistribute to others. ok?

btw... what is "Laser Chasst for ammo"? i dont get it. show me a drawing or any relevant image i can use. thanks.

Just a plain laser beam. For the ABS I am using, it has a mechanic for projectile weapons. All you have to do is create a characterset of a laser beam, it can flicker, it just has to use the same style format as regular VX sprites.

Redistributing will not be a problem.

Sorry for the tyopos all over the place, my keyboard sucks.

(BTW, How do you attach pictures to the posts, I see an "Attach Image" tab there, but it only lets me attach images from the web. Any advice? I know, I'm stupid, it must be right under my nose)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jisun Hughes
post Apr 16 2011, 01:22 PM
Post #15

Jisun Hughes
Group Icon

Type: Musician
Alignment: Neutral Good

QUOTE (VXPioneer @ Apr 13 2011, 04:43 PM) *
@Huju
Amazing job! I think you will make an excellent spriter for this game! I can't wait to see what else you can do! My friend approves, by the way!

@Jisun Hughes
Thank you for the offer. I'll keep you posted when I need some music. It will probobally be the last thing acomplished before the Demo is released. I will also throw in some of my compositions into the game in areas.

Thank you guys!

Now that I have a small amount of things we can acomplish, we can finally start on the Demo. We need a tileset designer, and trust me, it will be NO easy task.

Check out the game progress bar in the origional post if you want to check our progress. I you are looking for a job, there will be a section there as well, that way you won't have to go all the way to the end of the thread. I'm trying to make this as conveniant for you all as possible. Best of luck to you all!

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile but thank you for recruiting me. smile.gif I won't let you down. When it does come time for music, could you send me samples of maps, pictures of the characters, storyline, plot, etc? I am a VERY visual composer and it helps me make great music when I get to view those items. Thanks again for the job.

--------------------
Jisun Hughes
Maestro Chief Music Composer
Dream Orbit Music Corporation

Quality Game Music For You!

+Quote Post

VXPioneer
post Apr 16 2011, 05:53 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (Jisun Hughes @ Apr 16 2011, 02:22 PM) *
Sorry I haven't been on in awhile but thank you for recruiting me. smile.gif I won't let you down. When it does come time for music, could you send me samples of maps, pictures of the characters, storyline, plot, etc? I am a VERY visual composer and it helps me make great music when I get to view those items. Thanks again for the job.

No, thank you for helping me out. You are the one who signed up, you should be getting credit from me. wink.gif

I'll send you the silent demo once it is finished, I will send you a list of scenes I will be composing for, but it will only be a few.

--------------------

+Quote Post

godslittledude
post Apr 16 2011, 09:58 PM
Post #17

Parva vir dei sum!
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

I apologize, for I am not a decent artist. But this project has initiative, and I would like to support it in anyway that I can.

--------------------
I support:

My favorite quote ever:

Spoiler:
Honestly here's the deal: You're fucking weird.

- Mr. Anonymous

+Quote Post

VXPioneer
post Apr 16 2011, 11:07 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE (godslittledude @ Apr 16 2011, 09:58 PM) *
I apologize, for I am not a decent artist. But this project has initiative, and I would like to support it in anyway that I can.

No problem. I'll try and see where to fit you in. Tell me what you want to do, if you cannot do anything listed in the jobs list, you can promote it and voice act if you want. I'm still debating wether to include voice actors, or just record battle yells and stuff. Thanks for your support.

--------------------

+Quote Post

godslittledude
post Apr 16 2011, 11:16 PM
Post #19

Parva vir dei sum!
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

I'll be happy to promote it and voice act. Just tell me when you need my help and I'll jump right on it.
I don't think I could do more anyway, I've just made my own project recruitment topic, and now its awaiting approval.

--------------------
I support:

My favorite quote ever:

Spoiler:
Honestly here's the deal: You're fucking weird.

- Mr. Anonymous

+Quote Post

VXPioneer
post Apr 16 2011, 11:35 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (godslittledude @ Apr 16 2011, 11:16 PM) *
I'll be happy to promote it and voice act. Just tell me when you need my help and I'll jump right on it.
I don't think I could do more anyway, I've just made my own project recruitment topic, and now its awaiting approval.

Good. What is it? Maybe I can help you out.

Aside from that, please put a link to this post in your description. I need as many staff members as I can get. Buju being the only spriter I have for monsters causes a lot of delay in designing. Do you know any spriters who might be able to help?

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 03:00 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.