iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Legends of Myths, Or was it the other way around?
lkoh
post Apr 1 2011, 04:49 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

Foreward
Well howdy do, I have returned with a game, well I don't want to say based because really, it's not but it's the closest word. So a game based around Greek Mythology. Unlike my previous game Mell Melange, this is not an adventure game with boss battles but more of an RPG so expect less random puzzles and stuff. There will be a few here and there though.

I dunno how much time I have to devote to this though so updates might come sporadically and have a while in between them.

Demo is here look down at the demo section

Story
Spoiler:
In a mystical land known as Ancient Greece, people go about their lives as best they can under the harsh conditions. Monsters and beasts roam the land and great heroes protect the populace. Balance is maintained by a group of powerful beings known as the gods. A recent event sparked the interest of these great beings however as a strange new beast appeared. It was certainly not one of their creations so how did such a monster come into being?

Zeus, ruler of the gods send his enforcer, Nike to discover the answer but that leads to only more trouble as something big begins to unravel.

That is right, you are not playing as a demigod or a mortal but the personification of Victory herself.

The World
Spoiler:
Ancient Greece as envisioned by someone basing this on if it's cool who also forgot his Ancient Greek history course mixed together with the tales from the myths. Monsters and dangerous people are abound.

Also, get to see the sights (once the maps are done) of locations such as Olympus and the realm of Hades

Screenshots
Some screenshots are old. That is why there are differences, such as with the title...
Spoiler:
A view from up high

The summit of power

You have startled the monster!

Battle system

Semi spoiler about the second area
Spoiler:

Obligatory sunken ship

But Death is friendly

Main Characters
Spoiler:
Nike, Personification of Victory
A winged enforcer of Zeus, though her wings are retractable. She is a herald of victory and does not believe in defeat. The mission to uncover a treacherous plot falls to her and her siblings. With great power and conviction, she will always bring victory at the end of the day, even against all odds.

Zelus, Personification of Zeal
A winged enforcer of Zeus and sibling of Nike. Though seemingly reserved, he always engages every activity with zeal and dedication. Once a job is started, he will see it through to the end. Stalwart and tough, he will never go down.

Priestess of Asclepius
An extraordinary woman who is devoted to Asclepius, the god of healing. Through intense training and dedication, she too has the arts of mystical healing. She had gleaned some information on the troubles faced by the gods and requests to help since they represent order in the world. She will not see them fall.

Other Characters
Spoiler:
The Pantheon
An assortment of characters from the Greek Pantheon are present including the big three, Zeus, Poseidon and Hades.

Aternus
A mysterious individual who somehow obtained great power. He is slowly gathering followers due to his might though his goals are currently unclear. He and his cult has done many things that the gods deem mortals unable to do.

Features
Spoiler:
An Active Turn Line Battle System. The faster your speed, the more often you go. Certain spells and abilities require time to charge but be careful they aren't interrupted.
Author - Rokan

Different resources. Nike uses an Energy resources, where it regains constantly. Zelus has a Rage resource that increases on damage taken. Wisely utilize your resources for victory!
Author - Zetu

Characters have innate skills but they also gain abilities from the weapons and armor they equip. Certain equipment even possess unique skills.

Demo
Some information about the demo. Any area unceremoniously blocked off means it's not done yet and the intro is semi complete. The demo currently includes around 1-2 hours of play. And feedback is appreciated. Things like what you enjoyed/did not enjoy and difficulty, mapping, etc. Does the tint make things strenuous after a while?

Also before anyone starts asking why are they female, I say because I want to. And if Fate/Stay night can do it, so can I.

Clicky

Progress
I'm not going to make any fancy bars and percentages but I do know that graphics is the lowest. I would like to graphic it up a bit so it's not all RTP all the time.

Credits
Scripts
Spoiler:
YEM Core Fixes and Upgrades - Yanfly
YEM Snapshot Battleback - Yanfly
ATLB - http://kaisouryouiki.web.fc2.com/ , translation by kirinelf
Thomas Edison VX - BulletXt
Variable Exchange Shop - MACKIE
Item Sort - Cozziekuns
Equipment grants HP/MP - modern algebra
State Paremeter PLUS - Mithran
Element Rates - Mithran
EXP Controller - fridgecrisis
Alternate Resource System - Zetu
Equipment Skill - Shanghai
Provoke and Vanish states - Watermelon, translation by Mr. Bubble
Monster Swap - Yanfly
ATS - modern algebra

Graphics
Spoiler:
Portal Sprite - NanoNinj2100's Mack stuff, edited by VIII
Boat Sprite - Avadan
Amphitrite Face - http://www13.atpages.jp/gackpoc/Empire/
Underwater Parallax 1 - http://www.weborithm.com/underwater-scenes/ , photo by welshcathy
Underwater Parallax 2 - http://www.weborithm.com/underwater-scenes/ , photo by PKMousie
Hyper Crash Animation - Guilty Gear

Music
Spoiler:
Adrupt Command... - Spectral Souls soundtrack
Out of the Ruins - Spectral Souls soundtrack
Rock n Rocks - Soul Nomad Soundtrack

Of course, Enterbrain for pretty much everything not listed.

This post has been edited by lkoh: Apr 3 2011, 02:43 PM

--------------------
Progress: Finished
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

lkoh
post Apr 3 2011, 02:44 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

The demo is now available up at the first post!

Here are some information about the demo. Any area unceremoniously blocked off means it's not done yet though all the important parts for the purposes of the demo is. The intro is semi complete. The demo currently includes around 1-2 hours of play though I might be horribly misjudging it. And feedback is appreciated. Things like what you enjoyed/did not enjoy and difficulty, mapping, etc. Does the tint make things strenuous after a while? Or anything else you can think of.

Also before anyone starts asking why are they female, I say because I want to. And if Fate/Stay night can do it, so can I.

This post has been edited by lkoh: Apr 3 2011, 02:45 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

amerk
post Apr 10 2011, 07:10 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Unaligned

It's nice to see a heroine for a change, and I think she fits the part nicely.

Anyways, I did not play through the demo in its entirety, but I spent enough time on it to be able to provide some feedback. It's simple, fun, and entertaining. The mapping is subpar, but gets the job done, and I like the feel of the heavenly realm. It's also a bit unique, and the game seems to have a lot of potential. I especially enjoyed the battle interface.

Now, for some of the negatives. Lots of misspellings, incorrect word usage, and improper grammar, especially during the intro of the game, but on occasion throughout the game as well.

No real direction of which portal to use at the beginning of the game once you get your first assignment.

And monsters drop less EXP the more you level up. This is probably what annoyed me the most. I understand the need to try and balance out a game so it's neither too difficult nor too easy, but by lowering EXP the more a person levels up discourages me from trying to fight some enemies. It should be the players that decide whether or not they wish to fight or not, and how often they wish to fight. A lot of players enjoy the thrill of level grinding, and this sort of takes that away.

Also, at least in the forested area, monsters seem to attack way too often. This wouldn't be such a problem by itself, but it's even more so while you are trying to solve the riddle to fight the main boss. Whenever there is a puzzle in a particular room/dungeon, the encounter rate (at least surrounding that puzzle), should probably be lowered.

Aside from those points, though, the game was enjoyable and I'll look forward to whatever else you have.

This post has been edited by amerkevicius: Apr 10 2011, 07:12 PM

+Quote Post

lkoh
post Apr 12 2011, 06:10 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Hey, thanks for your comments. I do completely agree with you about the forest having a too high encounter rate. I am using areas for encounters there since the main path actually has no monsters and somehow, the areas themselves don't take their encounter rate from the main map info. The rest of the game is more in line with what I want the encounter rate to be but I'll need to think about how to solve it in that forest area.

As for the exp thing, the characters actually only take 100 exp per level no matter what. So while other rpgs have the exp per level go up, this one keeps that constant has the exp given per monster go down, like the dot hack rpgs.

Various writing mistakes and such, will look for those.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Paschendaele
post Apr 12 2011, 08:46 PM
Post #5

Che
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Nike, what a character name. Is adidas his arch enemy? Jk/

The screens are okay, You could add a bit more historical / fiction facts to it. There's so much about greece

--------------------
I am a spriter in:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 01:38 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.