iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DeadlyDan_Footsteps, Extra functionality to display audible footsteps in VX
Rating 5 V
H.R.C
post Apr 17 2010, 06:57 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: True Neutral

I think the script might be great, but you download link for the sounds is broken

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

BurchyGuy
post Jun 2 2010, 01:50 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Wow, this along with Prof Meow's stealth system makes for amazing and realistic gameplay!

This post has been edited by BurchyGuy: Jun 2 2010, 01:51 PM

--------------------

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
Spoiler:
Olny 55% of plepoe can raed this.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! Spelling is important!! :D
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.

+Quote Post

Digioso
post Sep 27 2011, 07:23 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

Heya,

sorry for necroposting this old thread.

But! I like this script and thought that it's pretty sad that it's not compatible to SwapXT.
With the initial version you can specify footstep sounds which are then played on all maps.
But what if you swapped your tilesets? And now you've got a stone tile where the RMVX standard tileset had a grass tile.
Walking about the stone and then hearing the sound of you walking over grass? Sounds stupid, right? Well I thought that myself and changed this script so that it now supports a configuration file where you can specify which footstep-sounds you want to have played on which map.
Explanations on how to do this is provided in the script. If you don't have the configuration file this still works because it fails back to the default footstep sounds provided by DeadlyDan in the initial script. These however are only for the standard tilesets and may sound strange on swapped ones as mentioned above.

Update:

So far you had to create a block for every map. But I thought that it would be stupid to create a new block for every map even if the tiles are the same on them. Eg. I'm using a custom tileset for a lot of maps. Now it's possible to use a single block for as many maps as you want. I updated the documentation in the script and attached the new version to this posting.

Update 2:
I had a small bug in there which prevented playing the layer 1 sounds. It's fixed now. I updated the attached version.

Update 3:
The game crashed if you didn't have a config file. Now it works as promised without a file and uses default sounds.

This is the first thing I wrote in Ruby/RGSS2. But since Ruby's syntax is almost identical to Perl (I am a Perl programmer.) I didn't have that much trouble as soon as I figured out how to access the game's objects/classes without crashing the game. tongue.gif
If there's any trouble with this please don't hesitate to ask me. I'm open for suggestions as well of course! There are probably better ways on how to access the variables but using global variables was the only thing I could come up with.

If you find the whole configuration file thingie too much of a hassle to do yourself... I'm thinking about writing a little program (in compiled Perl of course tongue.gif) that does this for you. But so far it's not available and I don't know when I'll be able to write this. I'm still working on my own first RMVX game at the moment. smile.gif

If you're planning to use this please give credit to DeadlyDan and me.
The newest version of this script can always be found here: http://www.digioso.org/DeadlyDan_Footsteps

This post has been edited by Digioso: Nov 8 2011, 05:23 AM

--------------------
Leg dich nie mit einem BAOD an, oder du bist selber dran.

Das Leben ist grausam.
Wenn es mal nicht grausam ist, ist es grausamer.

+Quote Post

Digioso
post Nov 7 2011, 09:12 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Another update. If you saved and loaded your game with this script enabled your game would crash.
I didn't know that I have to save and load the stuff I coded as well... Well... that's fixed now!

Newest version is available at the link above and attached to this posting.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  footsteps_v2.zip ( 5.29K ) Number of downloads: 40

--------------------

Das Leben ist grausam.

+Quote Post

Renshin
post Apr 10 2012, 03:12 AM
Post #25

Group Icon

Type: Writer

umm yea i know this post may be a bit old but about the link ....yeaaaaa not there

+Quote Post

Digioso
post Apr 10 2012, 04:16 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

My link?

--------------------

Das Leben ist grausam.

+Quote Post

froman2686
post Jun 14 2012, 12:36 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Since megupload was taken down, could you please upload your sound effects pack elsewhere? Thanks!

+Quote Post

Seren
post Jun 20 2012, 09:36 PM
Post #28

The Hero of Hefei
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Yeah, you're gonna have to reupload your sounds. Megaupload was taken down by the United States Government because of SOPA.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 10:35 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.