iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
161 Pages V  « < 157 158 159 160 161 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Game & Map Screenshots 4, Post your game screenshots here.
BattlesofMorfoth
post Mar 12 2012, 11:25 PM
Post #3161

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Unaligned

@Luneth:
First off, thanks for the comment! smile.gif
Secondly, I could't find a better window because my patterns never seemed to mix with the inside glow I was trying to get with the boxes. So I used one of my custom patterns. smile.gif
Thirdly, That tileset looks like you put alot of work into it! Keep it up! Looks familiar, but I know that it's obviously one of yours! smile.gif

--------------------
An Awesome Game By Me:

Do you want to support it?
CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=52831"][img]http://battleofmorfoth.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/supportbar13.png[/img][/url]

Awesome Games!
Spoiler:

Wicked Resources!
Spoiler:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Luneth
post Mar 13 2012, 01:16 PM
Post #3162

Hero of Light
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Thanks Battles! So that's a custom pattern? Another thing you could do is make the pattern just a smidge darker, that'll bring it together too. Window material is difficult to
use, because not everyone wants theirs to look the same, so I feel your pain there D:

If you've played my demo, you might have noticed the Radiant Historia music in there. Well, I think that that game and Pokemon Black/White both had amazing message
systems, so I MIGHT switch my messages over to this kind of format:

C&C appreciated!

--------------------
V CLICK THIS FOR AWSOME PICTURE V
Spoiler:
You know Lightning is awsome ;)

Spoiler:

That's right ~desu

I support:
Spoiler:
Games:

Tutorials:

Other:

My thing(s):
Spoiler:

My Project:

My Project Development Blog:
http://heroesofyoreproductions.wordpress.com

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!

+Quote Post

Kajini
post Mar 13 2012, 01:41 PM
Post #3163

Group Icon

Type: Writer

QUOTE (Luneth @ Mar 13 2012, 10:05 AM) *
Now for mine.
I've been working on a custom tileset, and I must say that the respect I had for people who've already made them has quadrupled. Mine's not too good, but here's a
map shot from the editor.

That chipset is quite nice, though I recommend that you use darker outlines around the fence. That way it fits in more with the cliff and trees. Objects should use the same kind of shading to make them seem more coordinated. Apart from that, I have no real problems with it. It's quite nice.
Let me just say that the second screenshot, with the bigger trees is nice but I'd take out the larger trees or try to make them match a little more. They're a bit too saturated or light to really fit with the smaller trees. I do like the face though. His hair looks like it's plastered to his head from all the rain. Whether or not that's deliberate is another thing...

This post has been edited by Kajini: Mar 13 2012, 01:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

jaydee15
post Mar 13 2012, 03:24 PM
Post #3164

Something coherent... Also Muscle Milk
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

@Luneth:
I really like your screenshot. The only thing is that I don't think that the RMXP trees go well with your customized trees. They are two completely different styles from one another, and I think they clash a lot when combined, a bit like if one would combine RTP with Celianna's tilesets. I think you get the analogy. wink.gif

--------------------
"Kinda bored, but still working on my project."
==========
I support:

==========
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

Luneth
post Mar 13 2012, 10:37 PM
Post #3165

Hero of Light
Group Icon

@Kaj
Thank you very much, it means a lot to me! Oh, my poor fence... It's the autotile that if it were tangible I would throw it across the room >:D
And thanks a bunch for the crit on the message window biggrin.gif I 'fixed' his hair, hopefully.
@jaydee
Thank ya sir for the opinions! The actual map was just a test screen, sorry if I led anyone astray T_T However, I do have a REAL screen from in the intro of my game.

His hair should be better, I think? D:

--------------------
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That's right ~desu

I support:
Spoiler:
Games:

Tutorials:

Other:

My thing(s):
Spoiler:

My Project:

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!

+Quote Post

BattlesofMorfoth
post Mar 14 2012, 12:05 AM
Post #3166

Group Icon

Haha, never played pokemon black/white, but that looks cool! (still likin' those map graphics!) Where do you get them from? And, adding some darker stuff will be harder, because I was clearing out my computer and deleted some psd files, so that'll be hard. But I guess I could try! smile.gif

--------------------
An Awesome Game By Me:

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=52831"][img]http://battleofmorfoth.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/supportbar13.png[/img][/url]

Awesome Games!
Spoiler:

Wicked Resources!
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

ak47lol
post Mar 14 2012, 09:56 PM
Post #3167

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Another sprite... Sarian Knight, Lord Kalgar.

Close-up's coming soon.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by ak47lol: Mar 14 2012, 09:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kaimi
post Mar 15 2012, 02:52 PM
Post #3168

RPGMakerVX.net's official Seranille lover
Group Icon

@ak47lol: your maps are great as always. And this Sarian Knight looks well done.

And something from me:
WARNING! IMAGE IS QUITE BIG.
Spoiler:

I'd like to note this is my first parallax map, and I know it looks empty as it is meant to be, because it is an orphanage.

Also, I wonder if the map would lag if I wanted to make map 500x500 tiles (as parallax of course)?

--------------------

Thanks to Kaviator for the signature

My resources
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Celianna
post Mar 15 2012, 03:37 PM
Post #3169

Group Icon

QUOTE (jaydee15 @ Mar 13 2012, 05:24 PM) *
They are two completely different styles from one another, and I think they clash a lot when combined, a bit like if one would combine RTP with Celianna's tilesets. I think you get the analogy. wink.gif

... But my tiles compliment the RTP and are even based on them, or edited from. Bad analogy to make.

@Kaimi: a map that size could lag if the filesize is big, but only upon entering it once, after that, it should be fine. I recommend taking out the floor tiles and putting a less saturated version in there, to complete the orphan look.

I'm not quite sure why there's such a fancy dresser inside an orphanage though, when everything else looks completely run-down and of poor quality.

+Quote Post

jaydee15
post Mar 15 2012, 03:45 PM
Post #3170

Something coherent... Also Muscle Milk
Group Icon

@Celianna:
I meant no offense on that. I wrongly based it on the following quote:
My tiles do not go together with XP tiles, because XP has a rather dull color palette, and because it's pixel-art, whereas my tiles fit with VX which has a painterly style.

They go great with Lunarea's and Ying's tiles though, just not with anything made out of pixel-art. I'd say perhaps Ayene's tiles would fit as well, though hers are very contrasted compared to mine.

I should have said XP tiles instead. My apologies for the mistake. I probably thought that even the RTP was pixels instead of "painterly."

--------------------
"Kinda bored, but still working on my project."
==========
I support:

==========
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

Celianna
post Mar 15 2012, 03:50 PM
Post #3171

Group Icon

Haha, I see. If you say RTP over here, then you're referring to the RTP of VX, not XP wink.gif

+Quote Post

Kaimi
post Mar 15 2012, 04:03 PM
Post #3172

Group Icon

@Celianna: I might change the floor, but I'm really tired of this parallax thing. Also, this 'fancy dresser' I intend to be connected with a sidequest (it will be an allusion to a certain book).

--------------------

My resources
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Luneth
post Mar 16 2012, 09:57 PM
Post #3173

Hero of Light
Group Icon

@Kaimi
I lika the orphanage! It's got the feel to it, and the only other thing I could think of is a winter theme XD
(But that's just me, most movies have orphanages portrayed in winter.) Also, a 500X500 PARALLAX map?!(x 1000)
That would take soooooooooooooooooooo long, but it would be one of the greatest accomplishments in parallax mapping to say the least!
Also, is a lion going to come out of the closet? wink.gif
@ak
Your sprites are so realistic man, I really like them! (That music almost blew me out of my room too, I spun the volume wheel so it went from 0% to 100% in like a half of a second... Gave me a jolt!) They really add your type of flair to your game!
@Battles
Hm, well if you want I can help you with it, if you wish! Just PM me if you want wink.gif

--------------------
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That's right ~desu

I support:
Spoiler:
Games:

Tutorials:

Other:

My thing(s):
Spoiler:

My Project:

+Quote Post

Celianna
post Mar 16 2012, 10:02 PM
Post #3174

Group Icon

I have a shiny, shiny announcement to make, we have opened up a Game & Map Screenshot thread over at the officials forums as well, I encourage you to post there from now on! wink.gif

+Quote Post

Kaimi
post Mar 25 2012, 04:09 PM
Post #3175

Group Icon

@Luneth: Well, the orphanage is located in the wintery zone of the world map. And no, there won't a lion. Thanks for the feedback.

--------------------

My resources
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Napier
post Mar 25 2012, 09:22 PM
Post #3176

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

QUOTE (ak47lol @ Mar 14 2012, 10:56 PM) *
Another sprite... Sarian Knight, Lord Kalgar.

Close-up's coming soon.

Thanks.

I love the Sprites and the overall style! Very good job.

--------------------

A Cross-platform RPG Engine for Windows, Mac, and Linux that publishes games for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android.
Now in Private Beta! http://www.gamesbymoxie.com

+Quote Post

BattlesofMorfoth
post Mar 25 2012, 10:23 PM
Post #3177

Group Icon

@Napier First off, don't quote screenshots! It was a specific rule.
Secondly, I agree, but Celianna said that we should post on the new forum, so maybe we should stop posting and wait for mods to close this.

--------------------
An Awesome Game By Me:

CODE

Awesome Games!
Spoiler:

Wicked Resources!
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Aya_Vectra
post Apr 1 2012, 06:01 PM
Post #3178

star ocean otaku
Group Icon

I'm parallaxing my first dungeon.. it's taking awhile but I'm liking the turn out:

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mustaklaki
post Apr 25 2012, 12:51 AM
Post #3179

Group Icon

Just some of the basic areas. These aren't the "Hey look I made this one map amazing and screenshotted it." It's just a regular part of the game. Well, except for the Cutscene one underwater. The game is in my siggy, if anybody would like for information. There is also a demo. Basically, this is the outcome of only using Celianna's Tiles and the VX Tiles, and to be quite frank I think I did a fine job (Although, since these images I've gone back and fixed some basic things).

I'm liking a lot of the other people's images too, they're great.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

--------------------

My epic game. Put this in your siggy if you support it! It's demo was just heavily updated, check it out!
CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=54628"][img]http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa100/moepippy/ISupport.png[/img][/url]

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Hawk07
post Apr 25 2012, 02:21 PM
Post #3180

Group Icon

Just chekin out some tileset I have been tinkering around with. There are a bunch of mistakes as you will prolly see and most of you will recognize most of the art is Celianna's, Lunarea's, Mack's and Hanzo Kimura's, but anyway I just already told ye! My tilest is mostly a compilation of their resources, recolours and a bunch of modifications of tiles to fit each other's style. So does it look any good? tongue.gif
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 157 158 159 160 161 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 01:08 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.