iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Closed TopicStart new topic
> [Resolved] Variable Help :), Well.... Would really appreciate some help :)
Galandil
post Aug 27 2008, 11:07 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Hey everyone reading this. Thanks for the help I got last time but I fear I need a tiny bit help this time too... laugh.gif
Once again I hope I aint bothering anyone, I could really use a hand when it comes to Variables... Generally I know nothing of how it works... could someone please tell, or link a discription page which explains it detaily..? I want my game to be as great as it can be when released demo, so far I got quests script (which I could use little explanation when it comes to variables) and side view combat and much much more... thanks to the great community of rpgmakerVx I've been able to create a game I find exciting, but enough brag wink.gif

Please help me out so we can get this demo on the row... Once again no screenies but... if you wish to see some I'll gladly post a reply containing a few pictures from the areas u can enter in Demo and maybe one or two from areas which is beyond the demo's reach... my hotmail is: Super_chris007@hotmail.com or you could try my Yahoo which is Super_chris008@yahoo.com wink.gif

And... if you need a script... which I have and therefor can help with don't hesitate to ask about taht too but... please help me with Variables laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

GrandmaDeb
post Aug 27 2008, 11:43 AM
Post #2

Retired
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

hey Galandil! Thx for the update on your game!
Is it that you don't know how to use variables in your events (cause I think that would go in the Support/Help forum,)
or are you wondering how to use variables in a script you created,
or are you wanting to tinker with the variables in a script you are using,
or do you want to learn how to use variables in scripts?

(for the first one, check the tutorial section,
for the last one, check the "Learning Scripting" post in this section,
for the others, you'll need others wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Galandil
post Aug 27 2008, 06:11 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Thanks GrandmaDeb, I will check them out as soon as I'm done with this History and Philisophy homework... school comes first wink.gif
But yeah the game is going really well, today I started working on the elvan Capital. Which I might actully add to the demo... but we'll see... So far the capital does actully remind me far too much of the city Silvermoon from WoW but... I'll make some few changes to make it more cool... ...and nice tongue.gif
and yes I'll check about variables asap, cause I must admitt it would be sad if I had to create items to make events change when questing tongue.gif... or well for the quest script I think u need to know how to use Variables anyways so... tongue.gif but thanks... once again if anyone wants screenshots... anything questions? or actully is so nice that they wish to help contact me over Yahoo: Super_chris008@yahoo.com or Hotmail: Super_chris007@hotmail.com.

Galandil laugh.gif

+Quote Post

BigEd781
post Aug 27 2008, 06:35 PM
Post #4

No method: 'stupid_title' found for 'nil:NilClass`
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Chaotic Good

I think Deb was asking if you wanted to reference the in game variables through a script, like this:

CODE
$game_variables[index]

--------------------
My blog - It's awesome, I assure you
While sloppy writing does not invariably mean sloppy thinking, we've generally found the correlation to be strong -- and we have no use for sloppy thinkers. If you can't yet write competently, learn to. - Eric Raymond

---
My awards for being so awesome
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Enelvon
post Aug 27 2008, 08:42 PM
Post #5

The Lost One
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Neutral Evil

To extend what BigEd said, you can use that snippet in ways like this:

To store a value in a variable:
CODE
$game_variables[index] = #

Replace index with the variable number. Replace # with the number you're storing it as.

To check if a variable equals a number:
CODE
if $game_variables[index] == #

Where index is the number of the variable and # is what it should equal.

+Quote Post

Shadonn
post Aug 28 2008, 12:01 AM
Post #6

Jerk In A Box
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Good

If your wondering just how to use them then I can help with that. Variables are one of my favorite things. A variable can do many things. I'm not that great at explaining things so I'm giving you a link to aindra's variable tutorial. Download it and experiment a little. Its a great. I also recommend getting the bank tutorial. Its great when you want to learn how to use variables. Don't just copy the bank event that they have. Set it up yourself. It works. Hers the link to both tutorials.
Variables Tut
Bank Tut
both are good tuts laugh.gif

--------------------
In a state of writing limbo...

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 04:30 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.