iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

> Note for Early Project Feedback Threads

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Keepers of Time, Time Travel!
Portraits?
You do not have permission to view or vote in this poll.
RoseReveries
post Apr 17 2011, 11:26 PM
Post #1

Luuuuurrrrk >.>
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

Logo by rgangsta
Music by Jisun Hughes
now recruiting!

image for the poll ::
Spoiler:

Very few beings have the power to exist outside of time
But those that do also have the power to destroy it...

When another being breaks the solitary confines of time, the first to know is the lord of all time, Father Time. When one being, a human named Solitaire, escaped time, Father Time as usual went to investigate. Soon he found that after Solitaire had escaped time into the White Parlour (his domain) she had created her own reality, where she could escape from Time, and Death itself. There she created Cartes, her very own minions with which she used to infiltrate and destroy the Time Line of a planet called Earth.

Since Father Time cannot set foot in the time line for fear it would permanently alter Earths' future, he gifts certain humans the ability to travel through to the different times and stop Solitaire's mysterious undoings. His particular interest lies with one of the girls he has chosen for this task, a girl from the current present, Rose Reveries.

At first, the task at hand seems simple to the humans, eradicate the Cartes, and stop Solitaire from destroying the time stream. But they soon find that this situation isn't as black-and-white as it seems...

Father Time
Spoiler:

(WIP)
Sex: Male
Time: N/A
Bio: Father Time has always been, and will always be. His job is to simply observe the happenings in the timeline, but cannot himself interfere directly. It is also his job to make sure the beings that exist outside of time adhere to the rules, and do not interfere with the timeline in any way.

Rose Reveries
Spoiler:

Time: 2011
Bio: Rose is the main character of the story. She is one of the 4 humans Father Time pulled out of time before their deaths, and took on the role to help prevent Solitaire from destroying time. She didn't really want to do the task at hand, but feeling nervous around the others, she dutifully accepted. She's lived a completely normal, boring life, with which she was never happy. She has an obsession with cats, and is terrified of most insects except spiders. In general, Rose is a shy person and it takes time for her to warm up to most people.

Lucy Hargreaves
Spoiler:

Time: 1809
Bio: Lucy is the daughter of a nobleman from the 1800's. Her whole life, she's pretended to be a little eccentric to avoid becoming the head of the Hargreaves family. It sort of grew on her, and now even though she's not really crazy, she still acts the same way. She didn't hesitate to go with Father Time when he asked her and the three others to go with him, she "wanted to see these so called fantastical wonders" that Father Time was talking about. She can be a very serious person when the occasion calls for it, but for the most part she is the self-proclaimed "comic relief"�.

Eric Black
Spoiler:

Time: 1902
Bio: Eric has been a homeless orphan his whole life, but he never begged or complained about it. Everybody loved him in 20th century London, until he was killed in a random shooting. He went with Father Time because he wanted to help people, even after his death. He's a very kind person, but sometimes on the ignorant side. He doesn't really want to hurt anything, so he often has trouble finding the drive to fight in battles.

Lancelot du Lac
Spoiler:

(WIP)
Time: 923
Bio: Lancelot is a very quiet person, and because of this very little is known about him. Before he was pulled out of time, he was a soldier fighting some sort of war in the medieval ages.

Solitaire
Spoiler:

no portrait
Sex: Female
Time: 2010
Bio: Solitaire was once human, but became corrupted when she forced herself outside the Time Barrier. She now plots to alter the flow of history on her home planet Earth for unknown reasons. She is also the leader of the Cartes, a race of her creation that can travel through time and do her bidding, for she herself can no longer step in the time stream.

This story takes place on an Earth much like our own, but still quite different. This world is a little bit more advanced than our own at certain points in time, giving birth to the Steampunk era, and as you play through the game you'll find that there may be some things that exist there but not here, and vise versa. There are ten different times/places you can travel to, but I don't have a description for them all yet.

Prehistoric Times (???)
Egypt (500 BC)
France (989 AD)
Japan (1563 AD)
England (1893 AD)
Canada (2003 AD)
Germany (2256 AD)
United States (2956 AD)

There's a reason for each date/place, but it's sort of a game spoiler so I wont say what it is tongue.gif

The part you've been waiting for~
Sadly, I don't have very many yet, but check back biggrin.gif I'll be adding more soon
some of these need to be updated really bad too...

Random
Spoiler:

The awesome title screen by rgangsta~
(the cursor scrolls)

Menu

Prehistoria
Spoiler:

Jungle

some caves biggrin.gif

underwater mini-game thing

-Developer/Writer-
RoseReveries

-Graphic Art-
RoseReveries
rgangsta

-Mapping-
RoseReveries
NotteEterna
Lost Logia
Prince210

-Musician-
Jisun Hughes

-Writers-
RoseReveries
Gryffin Addair (irl friend c:)

-Databasers-
RoseReveries
Duckman
Old Horizon

uhm I don't think this is everyone, but it's what I have written down right now... I know for a fact
the script authours aren't here
Spoiler:

-GFX-
> rgangsta: Title & Logos

-Sprites-
> Strawberrycat24
> Enterbrain: Vx: release (robots, based on the uniform, base of the robot re-assembled ...)
XP: basis of the "puppet mecha"
> SD-Arius: charas children, football
> Zeroplumber: chests, and chests touched base
> Vincentmhd: jars + "Vern" looking in all directions
> Sakura Phoenix: sliding door
> Damienn Code/Supergodjesus: Cars
> Vibrato: Lizard Dino, Behemoth, Spider...

-Tiles-
> Aindra: pieces of tiles, including the A - table, floor, walls, ... [Credit important! (> Especially for tiles A)]
> Usui Moo: piece of tile Japanese>> "signs" jap 'pillow stone temple + basic skin window
> Benben (Ben ²): futuristic pieces (tile E), symbols (icon / tile) floors futuristic ... [Vote important!]
> Geocities: pieces of Japanese furniture (cup of tea ...)
> Zeroplumber: pieces of tile futuristic [Credit important!]
> Enterbrain: Vx / XP + releases
> SD-Arius: recolo release of futuristic Enterbrain
> Mack: a lot of the tiles
> Zanyora: wall "cement"
> DKaineru: T_T I don't remember what he made... but I will eventually
> Celianna: Steampunk Tiles
> Lunarea: Steampunk Tiles
> megatronx: futuristic tiles, and some sprites

-Music/Audio-
> JISUN HUGHES and Dream Orbits Music Company

-Other-
> Relaypoint: Icons, and some sprites
> rgangsta: for being awesome biggrin.gif also helping with features and stuff

support~ (also by rgangsta biggrin.gif)

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=44565"][img]http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af198/RoseReveries/userbar_KeepersOfTime2.png[/img][/url]

This post has been edited by RoseReveries: Aug 15 2011, 11:57 PM

--------------------

::I support::
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

by DarkRosa ❤

My DeviantART
not much there yet^^

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

LordBagardo
post Apr 18 2011, 09:04 AM
Post #2

First break their defences, then break their necks!
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Unaligned

Wow, the story is rather awesome! I'm keeping my eye on this one d=w=

--------------------
I Support:
Spoiler:

I won second place in something! :D
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Biflspud
post Apr 18 2011, 11:23 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Writer

Hmm - sounds a little like Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego's and Chrono Trigger's baby! Seems intriguing!

Does Father Time cobble together the party from the get-go, or does Lucy go back to each PC's moment of being snapped out of the time stream and meets them? This definitely fits the "Ragtag band of adventurers" theme, so take some time to figure out how they'll interact with each other.. especially since each of them seems to have died! When they complete their mission, and Father Time poinks them back into the time stream, they'll.. die. So, that's a bit of a bummer, eh?

--------------------
In development: Also-Ran RPG. When the world's in trouble and the main party has vanished, you get stuck with the 2nd tier guys!

Helpful resources: Chibi Creator - EZ character maker; in Japanese, but its obvious enough what to do.

+Quote Post

RoseReveries
post Apr 18 2011, 12:16 PM
Post #4

Luuuuurrrrk >.>
Group Icon

biggrin.gif thanks guys! I'm glad you think it's interesting^^ I was really nervous to post the thread because I thought people might think it was just weird or something D:

@Biflspud:: your thinking ahead really far tongue.gif but I wont give away the ending I have in mind~
thanks for the advice though c: and they kinda just get ripped out of where they were lol, at first, some of them didn't even know that they were going to die before it happened
edit:: and actually, I've never played either of those games XD

This post has been edited by RoseReveries: Apr 18 2011, 09:08 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

by DarkRosa ❤

My DeviantART
not much there yet^^

+Quote Post

Biflspud
post Apr 18 2011, 11:04 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

I can't speak for Carmen Sandiego; it's mostly a thinly veiled teaching tool. Chrono Trigger was buckets of awesome though.. don't want to spoil it, but it ALSO has time travel and characters snapped up from distant times to save the planet. Worth a looksie!

--------------------
In development: Also-Ran RPG. When the world's in trouble and the main party has vanished, you get stuck with the 2nd tier guys!

Helpful resources: Chibi Creator - EZ character maker; in Japanese, but its obvious enough what to do.

+Quote Post

RoseReveries
post Apr 18 2011, 11:12 PM
Post #6

Luuuuurrrrk >.>
Group Icon

ohmy.gif I'll be sure to! It sounds great lol^^
and now that I google Carmen Sandiego, I think I remember playing it as a kid a long time ago biggrin.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

by DarkRosa ❤

My DeviantART
not much there yet^^

+Quote Post

Emmych
post Apr 18 2011, 11:17 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I took a look at this last night - it seems interesting! I'm just stoked that one of the worlds is Canada... x3

And, WHAT? YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED CHRONO TRIGGER? Go forth, woman! Play it NOW! Drop everything and play this game! It is your DESTINY~!

+Quote Post

Radscythe
post Apr 18 2011, 11:24 PM
Post #8

Waiting for life to pass him by.
Group Icon

Meh, I was into Chrono Cross (one of my top five favorite games), but not trigger.

But, this project sounds like it will be amazing, and I love the portraits you made.
I can't wait to see more of what you will come up with for it wink.gif

--------------------
The words that sprout of lies to our souls; if they bear fruit the lies disappear.

Games:
Spoiler:
My Stuff:

Award:
Spoiler:

I support:
Spoiler:

<<< Stare at this in awe.

+Quote Post

RoseReveries
post Apr 18 2011, 11:56 PM
Post #9

Luuuuurrrrk >.>
Group Icon

@emmych:: yep, I love Canada XD
And, WHAT? YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED CHRONO TRIGGER? Go forth, woman! Play it NOW! Drop everything and play this game! It is your DESTINY~!

ohmy.gif well when you put it like that lol I'll be sure to look it up tonight biggrin.gif

@Radscythe:: thanks^^ everyone's encouragement is really helping me~

edit:: tiny update, added one screenie~
these are the caves in Prehistoric times, credit to PentagonBuddy for the tiles^^

This post has been edited by RoseReveries: Apr 19 2011, 03:02 AM

--------------------

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

by DarkRosa ❤

My DeviantART
not much there yet^^

+Quote Post

Mitochondria
post Apr 19 2011, 08:09 AM
Post #10

Muahaha!
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

O__O Goodness gracious!

I had a similar idea, based around time travel and fixing the time-stream. Looks like yours beats mine hands down. tongue.gif

Bravo, I say! Looking forward to this a great deal. smile.gif

--------------------
The projects of a mad-man:

+Quote Post

Twidger
post Apr 19 2011, 12:55 PM
Post #11

Everyday I'm Shufflin'
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Oh wow! This looks 'freakin awesome! You have my support biggrin.gif

I'm really diggin' the character of Eric, please tell me he has a british accent lol

--------------------
~Chapter 3 is out now!!~

~Check out my 2011 Game-Making Contest Entry! Fully complete and ready to play!~

I support:
Spoiler:

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

LordBagardo
post Apr 19 2011, 12:59 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Ha, I just realized, Lancelot is a character in my game too d=w= Different portrayal, though. Also likin' the new screen biggrin.gif

--------------------
I Support:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

rgangsta
post Apr 19 2011, 01:40 PM
Post #13

The Handyman
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Evil

biggrin.gif Sweet. Your project is up. You know if you need anything, let me know. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by rgangsta: Apr 19 2011, 02:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

RoseReveries
post Apr 19 2011, 08:50 PM
Post #14

Luuuuurrrrk >.>
Group Icon

@mitochondria:: thank you^^

@twidger:: thanks for supporting biggrin.gif and yep lol he has a british accent XD but you wont really be able to tell in game cos there's no voice acting...

@LordBagardo:: ohmy.gif I didn't think anyone would notice who he was supposed to be lol! your so awesome biggrin.gif and thanks for the comment on my mapping^^

@RG:: thanks bunches~ I feel like I'm working you to death though lol

--------------------

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

by DarkRosa ❤

My DeviantART
not much there yet^^

+Quote Post

LordBagardo
post Apr 19 2011, 09:06 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (RoseReveries @ Apr 19 2011, 09:50 PM) *
@mitochondria:: thank you^^

@twidger:: thanks for supporting :D and yep lol he has a british accent XD but you wont really be able to tell in game cos there's no voice acting...

@LordBagardo:: :o I didn't think anyone would notice who he was supposed to be lol! your so awesome :D and thanks for the comment on my mapping^^

@RG:: thanks bunches~ I feel like I'm working you to death though lol

Aw thanks =w=b and you're welcome! Don't know if you knew this, but his last name was du Lac. Just in case you wanted to add that, since all the other bios have surnames.

I will add support to my signature by the way :D

--------------------
I Support:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

RoseReveries
post Apr 20 2011, 12:25 AM
Post #16

Luuuuurrrrk >.>
Group Icon

thanks! added his surname to the first post lol

and thank you so much for the support^^

--------------------

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

by DarkRosa ❤

My DeviantART
not much there yet^^

+Quote Post

quigonkeichy
post Apr 20 2011, 01:55 AM
Post #17

I MOVE THE STARS FOR NO ONE.
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Oooh, this looks very nice! The time travel stuff looks really interesting. And if you're using BEM you've got a +1 from me already biggrin.gif

(Incidentally, you should totally make 10-13th century Scotland a time travel location. William Wallace maaaaaan~! Haha, I jest.)

--------------------

My project!

I support:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

RoseReveries
post Apr 20 2011, 03:12 AM
Post #18

Luuuuurrrrk >.>
Group Icon

@quigonkeichy:: thanks^^ I actually thought about adding Scotland or Ireland or somwhere near there, but there's already 10 places and I'm lazy lol

another tiny update~ one screenie lol
this is for a mini game in Prehistoria that you have to play through~

credit to Celianna for the tiles and CrayDragon for the awesome tutorial XD

--------------------

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

by DarkRosa ❤

My DeviantART
not much there yet^^

+Quote Post

projectlight
post Apr 25 2011, 07:50 PM
Post #19

Just call me Light!
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

This sounds amazing I cant wait to see you finish this I really want to play it!

--------------------
We have pokemon, you want one as a pet too???
V

+Quote Post

RoseReveries
post Apr 29 2011, 12:45 PM
Post #20

Luuuuurrrrk >.>
Group Icon

@projectlight:: thank you biggrin.gif

D: I feel like I haven't posted any progress here in a while, so...
progress is slow, but steady. lately I've mostly been working for the mapping on the first area, Prehistoria.
There's still a lot of script debugging and graphics/sprites that I need to take care of, so I keep running into problems and having to work around them lol.
I was thinking about maybe opening a recruitment thread, but I think I might work my team to death with all of the stuff I want/need @.@ and then there's the fact that not many people know about my project yet, so I'm not sure if people would be interested... maybe I'll just think on it more for a little while...

no new screens today~ I've made a lot of new maps, but I think it might be a little monotonous if I posted several screens of the same area~
so for now, enjoy this little gif I made out of boredom~

Behemoth sprite by Vibrato I think...

--------------------

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

by DarkRosa ❤

My DeviantART
not much there yet^^

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 07:20 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.