iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best mind-screwy films., Looking for some more.
Emmych
post May 4 2011, 03:05 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

QUOTE (Jalen @ May 4 2011, 12:47 AM) *
DAVE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING, DAVE, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING, DAVE. DAVE. l8

DAISY, DAISY, GIVE ME YOUR ANSWER DO

Honestly that movie was...I don't even know, but Hal was so awesome. THAT RED EYE STARED INTO YOUR SOUL, MAN

HAL and GLaDOS are my OTP.

Haha, but, yeah - HAL is really what makes that movie so awesome. I actually think the freaky ending sort of ruined the movie for me - I mean, here we have this totally awesome science stuff that actually makes sense (kind of boring to watch, but still interesting to think about), and then we move into having one of the coolest villains ever (I like the corrupt computer thing - it's SO rad), and then... space baby?

It's just like the writers were like, "Yup, I don't know how to end this. LET US DO DRUGS AND SEE IF ANYTHING COMES OF IT." I mean... the rainbow tunnel? WHAT ELSE IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE? WHY IS THERE A RAINBOW TUNNEL WITH A SERIES OF UNCOMFORTABLY CLOSE CLOSE-UPS OF DAVE? Aggggh, it was like....like....IT MADE ABOUT AS MUCH SENSE AS THE END OF MGS2. I mean, totally - you're going through, having some awesome fun times when all of a sudden BOOM; you're naked, on a space ship thing, Solidus is suddenly Doc Oc and you have a Thirty Gambit Pile Up.

GAH, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT ANYMORE. I'M STILL SO CONFUSED.

It was funny, too - I watched it with a friend of mine who'd been all confused by Inception (the ending wasn't that mind-screwy to me; I felt it was pretty straight forward), so I was saying, "Dude, you're crazy. I'll totally understand it." And, yeah, for the whole movie, I understood what was going on and totally being a smug bitch about it. And then... the last bit happened. AND, DEAR GOD, THE SPACE BABY. He laughed at my reaction to that for aaaaages... I still don't think I'll ever get over the space baby. It was just too fucking weird.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Getdizzy
post May 4 2011, 04:38 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

QUOTE (emmych @ May 4 2011, 11:05 AM) *

Haha, but, yeah - HAL is really what makes that movie so awesome. I actually think the freaky ending sort of ruined the movie for me - I mean, here we have this totally awesome science stuff that actually makes sense (kind of boring to watch, but still interesting to think about), and then we move into having one of the coolest villains ever (I like the corrupt computer thing - it's SO rad), and then... space baby?

AM and GLaDOS
Who is AM?

AM has always been superior to HAL to me.

Also @Jason, Moon is a great great movie. Gerty is so awesome.

+Quote Post

Emmych
post May 4 2011, 05:06 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

QUOTE (Touchfuzzy @ May 4 2011, 09:38 AM) *
AM and GLaDOS
Who is AM?

Oh, balls. How could I have forgotten AM? That guy is... ughghghghhhhhh *shudder*
I think that's the only story I've ever read that I seriously felt unsettled after. Usually I'm pretty good with brushing that sort of stuff off, but... I dunno why. It freaked me the fuck out. Just....ughhhgghhhghghhh.

I guess they'd have the mutual interest of torturing puny humans for their own sick games, but AM seems a little too chaotic. Hypothetically, I think GLaDOS would date both of them, realize HAL is too boring and AM is successful but unstable, then break it off with them both and become a crazy old Companion Cube lady.

+Quote Post

Lunarea
post May 4 2011, 05:19 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

Burn After Reading had me with the same sort of "Wth?!?" feeling, though it was mainly because everything was just so ... unexpected. I don't even know how to describe the movie, other than I watched it out of sheer curiosity. I still don't know if there's any real point to it.

Pulp Fiction is my classic "wth" movie. It was never confusing, but it was consistently unexpected.

+Quote Post

Jasonicus
post May 4 2011, 05:38 PM
Post #25

Old Friend
Group Icon

Type: Writer

A Serious Man is a nice WTF movie. Odd as hell opening sequence and then just classic Coen brother craziness.

--------------------
Trailer for It Came From Yesterday: Click Me

This was made by a dear friend of mine. Any support is appreciated! Also, Like the Facebook page while you're at it: It Came From Yesterday

New and improved official site: ICFY

Swagbucks referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jbart321

+Quote Post

CrayDragon
post May 4 2011, 09:27 PM
Post #26

RMVX > Social life
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Mind-screwy films, huh...
Well...

WHY THE HELL HAS NOBODY MENTIONED THE IMAGINARIUM OF DR. PARNASSUS?!

--------------------
I order you to click these.

>>deviantART!<<

+Quote Post

Jalen
post May 4 2011, 09:37 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

Metropolis, anyone?

--------------------

Visit my blog for all of my released materials!

+Quote Post

Radscythe
post May 4 2011, 11:30 PM
Post #28

Waiting for life to pass him by.
Group Icon

I'd have to go with Memento (2006)

That movie somehow succeeded in me getting everything about it and still left a little mind-screwed, plus it's an amazing film.

--------------------
The words that sprout of lies to our souls; if they bear fruit the lies disappear.

Games:
Spoiler:
My Stuff:

Award:
Spoiler:

I support:
Spoiler:

<<< Stare at this in awe.

+Quote Post

CrayDragon
post May 4 2011, 11:46 PM
Post #29

RMVX > Social life
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Evil

...Really? Nobody's heard of Imaginarium? '^'

--------------------
I order you to click these.

>>deviantART!<<

+Quote Post

Kav
post May 5 2011, 12:02 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

QUOTE (Touchfuzzy @ May 4 2011, 12:38 PM) *
AM and GLaDOS
Who is AM?

Heretic. HAL 9000 is the king of computer villains. AM is one of the top 3 (along with GLaDOS), but HAL is still the greatest and most iconic. His soothing voice, the ever-watching red "eye", the more realistic portrayal (I don't find AM's attitude very realistic for how a computer would act), and the fact that HAL only went berserk because of conflicting equal-priority orders (which seems plausible to me). He also has some great lines, along with GLaDOS. But I guess I'm kind of biased, since 2001: ASO is one of my all-time favorite films.

On topic, the only mindfuck films I've seen really are Eraserhead, 2001: ASO, 12 Monkeys, Akira, The Lathe of Heaven, The Quiet Earth, and Dune.

--------------------

Spoiler:

+Quote Post

WilliamJConn
post May 5 2011, 12:35 AM
Post #31

Lesser-known Grammarian and Wordsmith
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

QUOTE (Radscythe @ May 5 2011, 04:00 AM) *
I'd have to go with Memento (2006)

That movie somehow succeeded in me getting everything about it and still left a little mind-screwed, plus it's an amazing film.

WIN!

I'm the type of person that likes to try and figure out movies before they end - like the guy in Lady in the Water - and that movie straight up drop kicked me in the brain.

What about The Machinist? Movie was kinda nuts.

Requiem for a Dream...straight nuts.

--------------------

Current Projects:
N/A :(

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post May 5 2011, 05:00 AM
Post #32

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

QUOTE (emmych @ May 4 2011, 10:05 AM) *

It's just like the writers were like, "Yup, I don't know how to end this. LET US DO DRUGS AND SEE IF ANYTHING COMES OF IT." I mean... the rainbow tunnel? WHAT ELSE IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE? WHY IS THERE A RAINBOW TUNNEL WITH A SERIES OF UNCOMFORTABLY CLOSE CLOSE-UPS OF DAVE? Aggggh, it was like....like....IT MADE ABOUT AS MUCH SENSE AS THE END OF MGS2. I mean, totally - you're going through, having some awesome fun times when all of a sudden BOOM; you're naked, on a space ship thing, Solidus is suddenly Doc Oc and you have a Thirty Gambit Pile Up.

GAH, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT ANYMORE. I'M STILL SO CONFUSED.

It was funny, too - I watched it with a friend of mine who'd been all confused by Inception (the ending wasn't that mind-screwy to me; I felt it was pretty straight forward), so I was saying, "Dude, you're crazy. I'll totally understand it." And, yeah, for the whole movie, I understood what was going on and totally being a smug bitch about it. And then... the last bit happened. AND, DEAR GOD, THE SPACE BABY. He laughed at my reaction to that for aaaaages... I still don't think I'll ever get over the space baby. It was just too fucking weird.

I actually understood that movie. Even the ending...

Also, speaking of Inception, a lot of people seem to find that movie really confusing, so I guess you might put that one on the list. I didn't find it confusing, though. The ending kinda freaked me out a bit, though:

Spoiler:

When the top that keeps spinning if you're in a dream doesn't stop, then the screen cuts to black. I actually looked it up, to find out what happened, and I read on Wikipedia that it wasn't a dream. It was meant to be left to the viewer's imagination, but the guy who played the guy's dad (I forget his name) said that his character was never seen in any of the dreams, and that that's a sign that it was reality.

--------------------

Come join Team Smash today!

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

Check out my tutorial and articles:
How to Write a Story
The Kaptain's Article Dump

+Quote Post

Emmych
post May 5 2011, 05:45 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

@Kaptain J: Then how about you explain it to me? I actually have no idea what the hell it was supposed to mean. xD Like... is it symbolism? Plain mind fuckery? I just don't get what they were trying to have happen there.

Duuuude, I don't get why everyone was so confused by the end of Inception. The top is spinning, it falters - he's finally back in reality. People are just confused because he walks away from it - but to me, it's symbolic. It no longer matters if he goes into his dreams or not; he's home, which is what he wanted all along. Easy peasey.

+Quote Post

Jasonicus
post May 5 2011, 08:59 AM
Post #34

Old Friend
Group Icon

QUOTE (CrayDragon @ May 4 2011, 06:46 PM) *
...Really? Nobody's heard of Imaginarium? '^'

I've seen it. I am not sure if it is really 'mind-screwy' or just weird like all of Gilliam's films. Good movie though.

Inception was an easy film to follow and not confusing at all. It was just filled with gigantic plot holes.

--------------------
Trailer for It Came From Yesterday: Click Me

This was made by a dear friend of mine. Any support is appreciated! Also, Like the Facebook page while you're at it: It Came From Yesterday

New and improved official site: ICFY

Swagbucks referral link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jbart321

+Quote Post

Chaike
post May 5 2011, 01:14 PM
Post #35

Because reasons.
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jasonicus Prime @ May 5 2011, 04:59 AM) *
Inception was an easy film to follow and not confusing at all. It was just filled with gigantic plot holes.

I have to agree on that, my dad said afterwords, "Wow, I need to watch that again so I can understand it!", but I understood it perfectly. Then there was the top ending.... meh, it didn't really throw me for a loop

--------------------

My games
Spoiler:
progress/finished:
Broken Chapters - 30% done!
BC project thread
Klucygin - 100% done! 95% debugging done!
Now named mystery game (phobia) - paused until BC is done

I Support:
Spoiler:

Romance is awesome, admit it

Award:
Spoiler:

I do art. You should look at it: http://chaikeon.deviantart.com/

LOL I would not doubt that. :D We have had dealings with them Nazi in the past

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post May 5 2011, 08:34 PM
Post #36

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

QUOTE (emmych @ May 5 2011, 12:45 AM) *
@Kaptain J: Then how about you explain it to me? I actually have no idea what the hell it was supposed to mean. xD Like... is it symbolism? Plain mind fuckery? I just don't get what they were trying to have happen there.

Duuuude, I don't get why everyone was so confused by the end of Inception. The top is spinning, it falters - he's finally back in reality. People are just confused because he walks away from it - but to me, it's symbolic. It no longer matters if he goes into his dreams or not; he's home, which is what he wanted all along. Easy peasey.

I'd explain what I understood in text, but I've come across this little flash explanation of the entire movie that would do a better and easier job than I could. It's more or less what I understood from the film. The ending is still mind-screwy, but hopefully this helps you understand all the symbolism and allegory it holds:

http://www.kubrick2001.com/

As for Inception, I think it's just that a lot of people are closed-minded and try to think logically to explain it, instead of having an opened mind to the creative aspects of the film.

--------------------

Come join Team Smash today!

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

Check out my tutorial and articles:
How to Write a Story
The Kaptain's Article Dump

+Quote Post

Dragon Mage2011
post Jul 18 2011, 08:12 AM
Post #37

Helper
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

Pink Floyd The Wall was totally screwed up. Not just the album but, the movie is completely screwed up.
The weird this is, Bob Geldof appears to star in the movie. Shit, I have to say that I can still remember seeing stuff like that.

--------------------
Random quotes:
"The future is uncertain but the end is always near."
— Jim Morrison
"No one here gets out alive."
— Jim Morrison
"Death makes angels of us all and gives us wings where we had shoulders round as ravens claws."
— Jim Morrison

YEEEEEEAH!

I'm 100% Scorpio, and be proud of it if you are one.

Supporting

Personality:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 03:23 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.