iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Tale of Hirion, Update :: Orb video preview available.
Niclas
post May 4 2011, 06:20 PM
Post #1

Whats this?
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Good

Spoiler:
The land of Hirion is only a small fraction of the world, but it, nevertheless, is a crucial location to the characters and the story. Covered by trees, cliffs, rocks and surrounded by deep water, Hirion is a beautiful place filled with joy and prosperity. A great kingdom many says.

The journey takes place at the top hills of Hirion, in a place known as the The Gauntlet. History tells that inside the dungeon lies a number of trials waiting for the true Hero... Only a few brave warriors have managed to survive but no one has been able to reach to the very end. The king of Hirion has promised a rich reward to whoever find out what lies beneath there.

Anyone who is willing to risk the life are granted access to the mysterious place.
Who will be the one that answer the call...?

Spoiler:
Everything takes place in the land Hirion.

Ventharar: The great capital of Hirion, home to the king and is one of the largest kingdoms across the land.

Hevalain: A magical forest filled with many mysteries and living things, a peaceful place to recover health and power... Some say the very true essence of Magic lies deep inside the woods. It is even said that some trees holds Mana that can be gathered.

Cenduerlian: Only a few miles from the great captial lies the hills of Cenduerlian, home to the loyal Guardians that protects the king of Hirion. At the very top of Cenduerlian arises the entrance to The Gauntlet.

Zefnalis: Deep in the forest of Hevalain lies a sacred place known as Zefnalis. Surrounded by a magical power that might even be granted by the gods themselves, Zefnalis will always be marked as a holy location.

Those are a few of the locations you will be visiting ingame. More will be revealed later.

Spoiler:
When selecting one of the three available characters, the course of the game will flow differently depending on which one you choose.
For example, a magician can conjure fire from thin air and thus be able to break ice, whereas a ranger can hide in shadows to escape certain enemies. Every character has its own abilities and skills as well as some unique ones that will unlock further ingame.
The quest is to find out what lies inside The Gauntlet and if one succeed a great treasure is waiting to be claimed.

Fendair Menix - Magician

Fendair Menix, a true magician since he was born with the flow of Mana inside his blood. As a young apprentice he learned almost everything of the history around Magic. Scrolls, books and parchments was his tools to achieve as much knowledge about his origin as he could. When Fendair was old enough he wanted something to happen, eager for adventures he embarked his quest for glory and treasures.

Reily Venger - Ranger

In the young days Reily Venger was trained in the woods of Hevalian by her father to be as skillful has him. However, she was treated unfairly, since of being a women, Reily decided that it was for the best to leave the woods and live her own life like she was supposed to. As she began her first journey in the world a new exciting feeling spread inside her body, it was the right choice.

Belthar Coult - Guardian

As a protector of the kingdom of Ventharar, Belthar Coult felt honored, infact, he was even grateful to be near the king and it was his purpose in life to make sure that the kingdom was in safety. Coult was a true champion and a loyal companion, but he always felt something was missing, sometimes he dreams about exploring the world, seing things he only could imagine. On a gloryful day he was actually given the opportunity of his dreams, an order from the king was sent to him saying that he was to travel to a place called The Gaunlet.

I might be changing the graphics in the final release but for now these will do just fine.

Spoiler:
  • Custom Menus - Yanfly's and IceDragon's Menu scripts customized.
  • HUD - A customized HUD to see the your stats, location and gold amount. The HUD can be turned off anytime in the game.
  • Quest System - Modern algebra's quest script to keep track of both main and side quests.
  • A customized Battle System - Using Yggdrasil, a highly advanced action battle system, will make the game very promising and fun to play.
  • Stats System - As you level up your character you can increase your stats to become even more powerful and cunning. (Customized KGC script.)
  • Puzzles and Riddles - There will be alot of puzzles to solve and riddles to uncover to make it more exciting and enjoyable to experience.
  • Exploration - Yes... There will be alot of dungeons and other locations to embark.
  • Death System - When you die you will be resurrected to the nearest empowered diamond but loosing some amount of experience and gold as a penalty.
  • Beautiful places to discover - The Tale of Hirion will try to offer you an exciting game as possible, with stunning visual scenes and locations.
  • Portal System - A travel system to teleport to different locations instantly throught the empowered diamonds.
  • Point System - Gain points by killing monsters, solving puzzles, completing quests. In the end you might be given a special reward if you have enough points.
  • Orb System - Obtain special orbs that will give you certain unique advantages for a limited amount of time. For example, you can grab a Speed Orb and thus be able to move pretty fast for a short period.

This will be the core features I want to implement ingame but things can occur and I don't really know If I manage to add them all but I will do my best.

Spoiler:

Visual Scenes:
Spoiler:

Battle Scenes:
Spoiler:

Hud, Menu and Title:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Orbs:

Crypt:

Teaser:

Boss Battle:

Note: These videos are only for test purpose and is subject to be changed/recreated. I will be uploading a real trailer later on...

Spoiler:
Not available yet.

So, I hope you enjoyed reading everything and will be looking forward to my very first game. Any feedback at all is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Credits will be given in a seperate file included in the game folder. The demo will be up as soon as it's done.
If you want to be included in the credit file please don't hesitate to contact me, I might have missed someone.

Announcement: Beta testers is needed for the first dungeon part. Write to me in this thread or in a PM if you are interested and want more details. Thanks!

This post has been edited by Niclas: Jun 21 2011, 04:04 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Niclas
post May 5 2011, 10:37 AM
Post #2

Whats this?
Group Icon

-RESERVED FOR LATER USE--

This post has been edited by Niclas: May 19 2011, 08:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

ak47lol
post May 5 2011, 04:02 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

The mapping is looking decent, especially the cave ones. Looking forward to the demo.

--------------------

+Quote Post

jaydee15
post May 5 2011, 05:36 PM
Post #4

Something coherent... Also Muscle Milk
Group Icon

Type: Writer

It looks interesting. I hope the story is just as well developed as it seems. Maps are good, though.

--------------------
"Kinda bored, but still working on my project."
==========
I support:

==========
If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

Niclas
post May 5 2011, 06:20 PM
Post #5

Whats this?
Group Icon

@ak47lol:
Big thanks, will work as much as I can to release the demo as soon as possible. Might be that I put it up for beta testing before I release it to the public first, because I want to eliminate those annoying bugs as much as I can. Anyways, make sure to check back here for further updates regarding the demo.

@jaydee15:
I'm glad you like it and feel like the story is intriguing too. Yes.. I am aiming to make the visual scenes as good as possible, make sure to check back once a while for more screenshots. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Luchino-chan
post May 6 2011, 06:13 AM
Post #6

Mistress of none.
Group Icon

Alignment: Neutral Good

Well Niclas. Your game certainly intrigues me as well. And for a first project, it's looking pretty damn good. It appears to me like this game is part RPG, part dungeon-crawler, which isn't a bad thing. My only pet peeve is those Kaduki faces. I hate them. I know they're only temporary, but they have a bad habit of turning me off from any game that sports it. ^^ Thankfully, your game didn't manage to do that. smile.gif

I'll be keeping my eye on this. Good luck.

--------------------
Developer and author of:

Dev blog:

I support:
Spoiler:

My tutorials: Bringing you quality tutorials, from me to you.
- Create a gorgeous valley with Mack tiles, Luchi-style.
- An advanced tutorial showing how you can add features such as an in-game gallery, a character biography or even an in-game tutorial!

+Quote Post

Niclas
post May 6 2011, 01:35 PM
Post #7

Whats this?
Group Icon

@Luchino-chan:
Thanks mate, I'm not the best into writting stories etc thats why I included much dungeon adventures, like in Zelda games where you enter the first temple. Yeah, I would like to have my own faceset and graphics but thats gonna be hard to do since I'm not doing sprites nor do I know how to do it! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

wltr3565
post May 6 2011, 02:38 PM
Post #8

The best BAKA ever
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: True Neutral

I never tried Icy's yggdrasil, but I do hope the dungeon's entertaining enough smile.gif

No crappy long time waits between attacks, right? I prefer comboing like a mad man sad.gif

--------------------
This place is empty, just like I restarted myself.

+Quote Post

Niclas
post May 6 2011, 06:20 PM
Post #9

Whats this?
Group Icon

@wltr3565: Trust me, it will be easy to do combos with the ABS. I am planning to do cool things with the skill system too, like if you are a magician you need to use fire over ice blocks. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Niclas
post May 10 2011, 09:22 PM
Post #10

Whats this?
Group Icon

Latest update:

Added new Battle Scenes which can be found under the Screenshot spoiler. Enjoy! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

wltr3565
post May 11 2011, 07:31 AM
Post #11

The best BAKA ever
Group Icon

It's... too Diablo, and I don't like Diablo-ish games sad.gif The status HUD doesn't seem to be special either sad.gif

I prefer if it's action packed, at least like Zelda and Children of Mana sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Niclas
post May 11 2011, 07:50 AM
Post #12

Whats this?
Group Icon

@wltr3565: Hehe sorry to disappoint you but I not so good in Photoshop so can't really do a awesome HUD for ya. wink.gif
Anyways, if I can sort out a new cool HUD then you probably will think it is an amazing game right?

And for the record my inspiration is coming alot from Diablo, Torchlight etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post

wltr3565
post May 11 2011, 07:58 AM
Post #13

The best BAKA ever
Group Icon

No, just the HUD is following the format of Yggdrasil, so it's not about coolness, but uniqueness. Yours are no different but just editing Yggdrasil IMO sad.gif That's why I said it's not special. You need to redesign it, not change the graphics sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Niclas
post May 11 2011, 09:02 AM
Post #14

Whats this?
Group Icon

@wltr3565: Yeah, well can't really please everyone but I feel the HUD is not that important at the moment. I want to implement cool skills and whatnot before I acutally care about the last things like fine tuning the HUD or recreating it completelly. Thanks for the feedback anyways, I hope you are looking forward to the game nevertheless.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Niclas
post May 13 2011, 10:34 PM
Post #15

Whats this?
Group Icon

Another update:

Video section added!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Niclas
post May 19 2011, 08:41 PM
Post #16

Whats this?
Group Icon

So, it has been a few days since my last post and I wanted to share you guys that my HUD has been enhanced which means it is totally new from the last one. Check it out and tell me want you think! It's located under the screenshot section, hope you enjoy it. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Niclas
post May 26 2011, 08:46 PM
Post #17

Whats this?
Group Icon

A quick rain test has been added. I hope some more people can post a feedback on what you think about the story and the game itself so far, it would be greatly appreciated!

--------------------

+Quote Post

~Skyelove
post May 27 2011, 09:18 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

I love it. smile.gif Need any beta-testers?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Niclas
post May 28 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #19

Whats this?
Group Icon

@~Skyelove: Sure! I also thank you for the nice feedback. I hope you will like it even more when you got the chance to test it. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

~Skyelove
post May 29 2011, 01:33 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Fantastic! I love the story and the screenshots, so I'm sure I'll have a blast getting glitched. XD

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 04:19 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.