iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
64 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Resource WIP topic, Post your work here for feedback and criticism, or simple comments
Rating 4 V
Celianna
post May 6 2011, 02:07 PM
Post #41

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

@Joerao: well if you want it to sound mellow, it certainly worked. Your other song sound great by the way, have nothing to comment on.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Emmych
post May 6 2011, 03:05 PM
Post #42

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Woah, so much awesome stuff since I was last here:

@Penta: Those tiles are looking great so far! I especially like the stone wall stuff - it's so detailed and pretttyyyy~ D:
(I WANT IT~)

@Joerao: Maaan, that sounds excellent! Haha, I've also been listening to the Pirate Tavern piece almost non-stop... gah, your compositions are awesome! x3

@Climhazzard: VEH GA GEE TA GEE TA, G-G-G-G-GETA. VEH GA GEE TA GEE TA, GHOST NAPPA!
(I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.)
He looks good so far! The hair is looking a little flat, though, and you're gonna need to get some shading on his forehead - right now, his hair looks tacked on.

And, naaah! I only got promoted a few days ago. It's pretty awesome; I'm very honoured. ;u;

+Quote Post

Climhazzard
post May 6 2011, 03:11 PM
Post #43

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Unaligned

Oh my god, that song... HOW HADN'T I HEARD THAT? My life is now complete.

Thanks for the tips, I kept trying to shave his forehead but since his hair is so receedy and not really a fringe as such I couldn't get it to look right D: I'll get to work on that though, thanks for the feedback! Congrats on the promotion by the way~! Your sprites in Pixel Madness were so awesome, you deserve it.

EDIT: Made some changes to the sprite following emmych's advice. Improved the shading on his hair and his armour as well, I think it looks a lot better. Also added a little forehead shading, not sure if I did enough though.

OLD:

NEW:

This post has been edited by Climhazzard: May 6 2011, 03:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

GubiD
post May 6 2011, 03:34 PM
Post #44

Group Icon

Type: Coder

@Joerao Loving that season3 draft. Very well composed. The array of instruments being used is great when mixed all together so well.

+Quote Post

Celianna
post May 6 2011, 03:54 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

Finished working on Emmych's taller base.

Left the taller version, right Emmych's original base. All I have to do it remove he breasts on Emmych's base and I'll have an adult and child base laugh.gif

Now I just need to do the male base. Ugh.

@Clim: try shading his hair according to the light source that comes from the top left, and make the spikes bend in more towards the middle spike, since his hair is shaped like a flame.

+Quote Post

Dianne724
post May 6 2011, 03:58 PM
Post #46

dang, dawg.
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: True Neutral

Well, I suppose I'll post a sprite I've worked on just recently. It's my very first sprite, and I am actually proud of it SO far.. I do know that the hair is really short, I am going to fix that later. She looks like she's half bald or something blink.gif

This was really more just a practice sprite, I've done recolors in Photoshop a lot but I've never actually made my own until recently.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Shiro
post May 6 2011, 03:58 PM
Post #47

Spriter
Group Icon

Type: Spriter

@clim
take a look at this http://cursemymetalbody.files.wordpress.co...01/vegeta68.jpg

Vegetas hair is mainly one spike with very many little spikes on it, though this is hard to do in VX i feel your sprites "sub-spikes" are way to large compared to the bigger on, i also think his hair should be taller, dont be afraid to break the 32x32 limit, it honestly doesn't matter if you do lol, so yea, thats what i recommend, smaller sub-spikes and taller hair.

EDIT: you can also see it curves to the side a bit and isnt just straight up.

This post has been edited by Shiro: May 6 2011, 04:00 PM

--------------------

---------------------------

+Quote Post

Emmych
post May 6 2011, 04:08 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

@Climhazzard: When I shade on the forehead, I use the second darkest skin colour. Also, it might help if you make the colour of his hair line a little bit lighter. That miiiight help with the blending a little. c:

@Celianna: Agggh, cute~! c: I love what you've done with it.

@Dianne724: Haha, it looks better than my first sprite, that's for sure! xD
There isn't enough variation of shades in your palette. I'd recommend checking out LoMastul's tutorial - he has an AMAZING palette there. Also, when you go to do the hair - check out the way the hair falls on one of the RTP's sprites. That should give you a pretty good idea of how it ought to look. c:

+Quote Post

Climhazzard
post May 6 2011, 04:26 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

Thanks, emmych, I'll try that.

Shiro, DB hairstyles are quite inconsistent. for reference on the hair I used this image where the "sub spikes" are a little larger, although you're right, he does have a slightly curved "main spike". This is just for practice so I'll keep it as it is for now, I'm more trying to practice my sprite technique than getting it 100% like Vegeta, but thanks for the input it was really helpful, might change it at a later date. Also, I already added about 5 or 6 pixels height to the 32 grid!

This post has been edited by Climhazzard: May 6 2011, 04:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Celianna
post May 6 2011, 04:46 PM
Post #50

Group Icon

Working on the male base now. Emmych's original sprite on the far right. I made two versions of the front sprite, one with a thinner chest and thicker arms (left) and one with a broader chest and thinner arms (right), I don't know which one looks better.

+Quote Post

Lunarea
post May 6 2011, 05:01 PM
Post #51

Group Icon

@Penta:
The walls look very unique! Were you inspired by the middle-eastern patterns and bright colors?

I agree with Celianna's advice when it comes to the little gem and not being afraid to darken it up. But I do actually prefer the pale sandstone over the more dark golden one in her edit. I think it contrasts nicely against the brightness of the pattern, but I do think a few shades darker would make it pop a little better. That's the fun thing about having so many artists around. You get to see all kinds of aesthetics. :3

I think you should also play with the colors and saturation a bit. Depending on the atmosphere you're going for, adding more red and a darker gold would add a lot of richness:

Upping the blue/cyan tones on the other hand, would give a much colder atmosphere and be very suitable for grand places: museums, palace hallways etc.

@Radscythe:
Once I upped the contrast considerably, I noticed just how much detail you added:

I know the sprite is meant to be dark, but you have to use very strong contrast with dark colors or all the shading and detail gets lost. You can also try using colors other than pure black/gray, as it will make it easier to add light. A very dark purple, for example, or a very dark blue can appear black but at the same time give you more options for highlight colors.

@Joerao:
Supergodjesus is one lucky guy! That's a great theme, and I'll keep looking. Who knows, maybe someday you'll be free to take another request and I'll get a chance to grab a spot :3

The new theme sounds great. The only part I wasn't fully sold on was the cello solo. Usually, with your music, I can't tell a real instrument from a digital one. But the cello sounded generated, especially when switching notes. I don't know if there's anything you can do about it, since I suppose it depends on the sound library you're using and adding more reverb might make the notes blend in too much. I much prefered the flute and it seemed to fit the theme a lot better. The strings were really lovely in the rest of the song. The drums were also a nice touch.

@Climhazzard:
I know DBZ hair is kinda odd in that it appears clumpy and spiky, but your new changes make it look too pillow shaded. Despite the spikes, it's still hair, so you don't want it to look like he stuck a few pvc pipes on his head laugh.gif. RTP has some spiky-haired characters. See if you can look at them more closely and try to emulate it. It can be pretty challenging to get some of those kooky anime hairstyles right, though, so don't feel bad for not getting it right the first time around :3

@Dianne724:
It's a great start! I think your colors blending in a bit much so it's hard to see the shading. And, as you said, the hair looks very odd. But it's a good start. Besides fixing the hair shape and length (especially the back view, where the hair makes a downward triangle instead of the upward one you have right now), don't forget to add a shade color under the hairline so it has more depth.

@Celianna:
I prefer the thicker arms one (on the left). It just seems a little more proportional. The one with the thin arms (on the right) looks like he managed to build up his chest only, and has noodly slender arms - which is kinda bizarre.

+Quote Post

Hanzo Kimura
post May 6 2011, 05:15 PM
Post #52

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

I'm looking forward for the finished sprites templates cel... It looks good biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Celianna
post May 6 2011, 06:08 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

Just so you know, I won't be releasing these, Hanzo tongue.gif

Right now, the girl sprite is pretty much static when moving. The boy sprite has his head bobbing up and down while his midriff stays stationary. Which method should I continue with? The girl where her whole body moves down, or the boy where his head goes up and down but his midriff stays the same?

+Quote Post

Lunarea
post May 6 2011, 06:15 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

The girl is more natural and smooth.

With the chest static, it looks like the guy is a pigeon pecking for food while he's walking. Or like his head is floating above his body XD

+Quote Post

Emmych
post May 6 2011, 06:31 PM
Post #55

Group Icon

@Celianna: Nice stuff~! I like what you did to the arms, too - the male arms always bothered me a little, and I wasn't quite sure what to do about them. x3
and, yup - Lunarea said it all already. Hehe, she knows more about this stuff than I do, anyway. x3
And, ugh - getting those bloody things in proportion was a NIGHTMARE. I'm glad you figured it out in the end, because I don't know if I could have helped you much. x3

@Climhazzard: I definitely read that as "man spike" instead of "main spike", and I wasn't sure what to think about that... GAH, CURSE MY TIRED EYEEES.

+Quote Post

Celianna
post May 6 2011, 06:53 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

@Luna: haha, pigeon. I changed it to the stationary one smile.gif

@Emmych: tell me about it, male arms are so difficult to make, since they need to be different than the female arms and then you have to watch out they don't look like they're walking the macho man walk >_<

Anyways, here's the one without the pigeon head:

+Quote Post

darr123
post May 6 2011, 07:13 PM
Post #57

Mark is a fag.
Group Icon

Cel: Very nice, I like your version of the arms.
ClimHazzard:Vegeta looks good.
----------------------------------------------------
Well heres something I'm working on,I've been reading a manga
called the kinnikuman legacy,good stuff.

Main character, Montaro muscle:

Look up Kid muscle if you want to see a picture of him.

This post has been edited by darr123: May 6 2011, 07:53 PM

+Quote Post

Jonnie19
post May 6 2011, 07:42 PM
Post #58

I am innocent...its not my fault things just appear in my hands&
Group Icon

Just so you know, I won't be releasing these, Hanzo

Darn it, was kinda looking forward to seeing the finish sad.gif and perhaps using them biggrin.gif

@darr Did you know that there is a television series that has been based on that manga!
And it is looking good, although I would beef him out slightly biggrin.gif just my opinion, however I am basing it on:
Spoiler:

(I have younger brothers, who LOVE ultimate muscle, which is the anime version of the manga...)

--------------------

+Quote Post

darr123
post May 6 2011, 07:50 PM
Post #59

Mark is a fag.
Group Icon

Jonnie: Yeah I've seen all the episodes of the anime,it's not as serious as the manga but
it's funny and the commentators are just amazing.

As for the sprite, I'm not sure how to "beef him up" could anyone give me some advice.

Edit: Probably gonna do all the main's Kevin mask is next.

This post has been edited by darr123: May 6 2011, 07:52 PM

+Quote Post

Celianna
post May 6 2011, 08:53 PM
Post #60

Group Icon

@Jonnie: well it's only because they're mere edits of Emmych's original base. I don't feel comfortable releasing something where you can still clearly see the original sprite of the original creator.

Anyways, update on the side walking sprites:

They went a lot easier since they're just the female's legs, but fatter XD

+Quote Post

64 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 01:10 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.