iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Land of Darmecia, New Demo Released!!!! Nearly 2 hours of gameplay!
Xyphon
post May 16 2011, 02:14 AM
Post #1

I only have one gear: Go!
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Posted Completed game in the proper Completed Games forum. It can be found here.

This post has been edited by Xyphon: Apr 4 2012, 09:53 PM

--------------------
Ahoy there sailor, can you do the otter dance? First you take your right flipper and you slap it on your pants. Next you take your left flipper and you catch a little fish. Then you take your little tail and you swish swish swish!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Xyphon
post May 16 2011, 07:57 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Bumping because I'd like to say sorry for the previous downtime for the download, I've fixed every error I saw. Please tell me if you come across another one.

--------------------
Ahoy there sailor, can you do the otter dance? First you take your right flipper and you slap it on your pants. Next you take your left flipper and you catch a little fish. Then you take your little tail and you swish swish swish!

+Quote Post

Dr.MarioX
post May 17 2011, 10:04 PM
Post #3

Counter Intelligence?
Group Icon

Alignment: Unaligned

The screenshots are promising. Idk about the Title Screen, though. If you need help with a logo, I might be able to assist.
The story sounds really good too- very interesting. I'll get to this when I have some spare time. happy.gif

Always feels nice to help out.

--------------------
The Doc's here...his perscription? RPG Maker.

+Quote Post

Xyphon
post May 17 2011, 10:39 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

If you would like to create another title screen for me, with a similar color scheme, I would be very happy. If not, I can make due with what I have. I have no particular design I want done at the moment.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Dr.MarioX
post May 18 2011, 01:58 AM
Post #5

Counter Intelligence?
Group Icon

Can you send me an image of the map used in the title? I can make the logo and put it in.

--------------------
The Doc's here...his perscription? RPG Maker.

+Quote Post

Xyphon
post May 18 2011, 02:07 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Unfortunately, I don't have the map anymore. It's okay, I don't need a new title, it's fine. Thank you for offering though.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Xyphon
post May 18 2011, 09:25 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

I currently have an hour or so of gameplay, I will release the demos by act(there are 4 acts, approximately 40 minutes long each).

--------------------

+Quote Post

SaKz
post May 19 2011, 09:12 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Type: Artist

Seems to be a nice story...
Why dont you try to add the Mr.Bubble SideView System?
It would be better ( i think ) =D

+Quote Post

Xyphon
post May 19 2011, 12:54 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (SaKz @ May 19 2011, 06:12 AM) *
Seems to be a nice story...
Why dont you try to add the Mr.Bubble SideView System?
It would be better ( i think ) =D

I actually really like the current battle system, especially considering my last game used the Sideview, so I want a change. If you think it is a nice story, please play it and give me feedback!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Xyphon
post May 21 2011, 12:26 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

I am up to over an hour of gameplay now. No one seems to have played/reviewed this game yet..

--------------------

+Quote Post

Xyphon
post May 21 2011, 04:05 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Act 2 finished and the new demo is released! Between an hour and an hour and 20 minutes of gameplay!

This post has been edited by Xyphon: May 21 2011, 04:06 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

wltr3565
post May 21 2011, 06:57 AM
Post #12

The best BAKA ever
Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: True Neutral

I wanna play, but sendspace don't let me download fully sad.gif

Can you create a mirror? Say, Mediafire?

--------------------
This place is empty, just like I restarted myself.

+Quote Post

Xyphon
post May 21 2011, 12:24 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (wltr3565 @ May 21 2011, 03:57 AM) *
I wanna play, but sendspace don't let me download fully sad.gif

Can you create a mirror? Say, Mediafire?

Thank you for letting me know this, I have just uploaded a new mediafire version for both the RTP and the Non-RTP version.

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Edge of Sani...
post May 21 2011, 01:48 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

I've been playing the game for about 15 minutes now. I'm writing this while I play. Here are my first impressions:

I like how the beginning of the game begins with action. Many games begin with the hero starting off in their peaceful hometown and then it gets attacked!!! I don't have anything against that formula, of course , but it's always nice to see something that isn't done as much.

I've noticed is that the maps feel kinda...empty. For the underground facility you might want to add...I don't know. Something to make it look less empty? As a newbie, I only work with the standard tile sets that come with RPG Maker and I don't see much of anything that could make the facility look spiffy. I'll wait to see what towns and forests are like I guess. xD

Next...I kinda like the battle system though it is annoying when I'm distracted from the game during a battle. However, it sort of keeps you on your toes I suppose so that can be a good thing. I'm not crazy about this battle wheel menu though. It kinda irritates me because I usually end up turning the wheel the wrong way and losing a turn. I suppose once I've played more, I won't make such an error. Grrr. So battle system, for me, = frustrating but interesting. Different from that sideview stuff and therefore a breath of fresh air.

I like Final Fantasy music but it would be nice to hear something different. Maybe a soundtrack that was good but from a game that isn't as popular. This is just a suggestion, of course. The music is alright but I imagine it's used a lot in RPG Maker projects (I could be wrong though!).

The storyline so far is...well, I'm lost to be honest. I know there's some kind of conflict going on but I don't know why these people are fighting each other. Guess I'll find out soon enough?

It would be nice to know how much experience and gold I get after each battle. No messages appear when the party is victorious.

Zerex is so weak. He dies in almost every battle even when I guard. With no means of healing the party, I have to rely solely on Nokz which is kind of annoying. -.- I realize that this is because my Zerex is only level 2 and Nokz is level 8 but still...

The bit where the boys meet Tayla is kinda odd...but since she isn't human, I suppose I'll let it slide and assume that spirits are weird like that. xD

Ah...and Tayla can heal. Yay! Now Zerex can stop dieing and level up! xD

And...that's all I have time for today. I suppose I can edit this post later, if you want and add in additional thoughts while I play. Cheers and jeep practicing that game making!

Edit: Ah! I forgot to add that I like how the names of the enemies turn yellow when they're about to die. smile.gif

This post has been edited by The Edge of Sanity: May 21 2011, 01:56 PM

+Quote Post

Xyphon
post May 21 2011, 02:04 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Thank you for replying! Let me answer all of your questions and concerns.

I agree, I am tired of games that start with a massive cut-scene. I actually got the entire idea for the beginning from the beginning of Final Fantasy XIII, it is very similar.

Yeah, I'm not the greatest mapper. They improve a bit as you go along, but I still really need to work on it!

Yeah, I've had enough of sideview, as well. It is hard to get used to, but when you do, the game is much easier.

There is another song in there that is not from Final Fantasy, and I do use quite a bit of RTP music as well.

The story is confusing at first, but you will figure it out as you play.

The no victory message thing is actually an error. It will be fixed in the next release.

Really? He is weak, but if you just keep attacking as fast as you can(basically mash the Z/enter button), you can take down any enemy with both Nokz and Zerex still alive. It is essential to try to keep Zerex alive during the boss battles, too, because that's where he will experience the most level growth. By the time I beat Paollos in my file, Zerex and Nokz were almost the same level. If you kept him alive against the first 2 battles against Richard, you should have noticed this, too, although I do agree that before Tayla comes into play, this is hard.

Yeah, she is weird at the beginning, she's just trying to introduce herself. All of the characters mature a bit as they realize how serious their situation really is.

And yeah, the yellow text, you can thank the battle script maker for that tongue.gif

Thank you again for your review! It's most appreciated!

This post has been edited by Xyphon: May 21 2011, 02:05 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Xyphon
post May 24 2011, 10:24 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Bump.

--------------------

+Quote Post

beardeer
post Jun 6 2011, 07:30 PM
Post #17

Prad Bitt
Group Icon

will download but be warn, I'm not a nice guy smile.gif.

--------------------
"If you do too much, people get dependent on you, and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch because when you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Contrary to popular belief, I don't hunt.
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

LuminousInferno
post Jun 6 2011, 08:59 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

I'll download. I've got some time to kill (just finished massive changes to my project page actually).

--------------------

+Quote Post

silversnake
post Jun 6 2011, 10:28 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Ok dude I played your game. Just got back into rpg maker after being gone from it awhile trying some games for ideas and getting back in the flow of things while I continue my project. Now about you smile.gif

Story - Started out really good and interesting untill it just got silly. At the end of chapter 1 I just started spamming the enter button. The start was strong though and I liked it. Somewere along the way it became to childish for me. Grade C

Mapping - This is my biggest pet peeve. The maps are just to empty and boring. I believe if the maps were good the game would come off as a whole alot better. When I started my maps sucked to so it can definitly be fixed up. Best part of all your mapping was riding on the airship that was great right there. Grade D

Battle - Ok with the battle system I liked it and didnt like it. I like how it is fast paced. I dislike how there is no abilitys. Also I never know if my guys are leveling up theres nothing after a fight to tell me how much xp I gained. I also dislike fighint that 1 guy 4get his name now which is funny the first boss guard u meet. You fight him like 4 times!!!! Doesnt he die damn. Then in 2nd boss fight im winning then he does huge move and we lose, supposed to happen but all of a sudden I feel better and kick his ass and he doesnt do that huge move again? Even the 3rd time you fight him he doesnt do the huge move that almost won him the fight why??????? Grade C

Conclusion - I would go back to the very start of your game and start fixing up your maps. Your already halfway done with your game make it look nice now. Then finish up or work on making your storyline better. The start was very interesting even with the dull bland maps. Good luck on your game.

--------------------
My Game
I support

+Quote Post

Xyphon
post Jun 8 2011, 07:21 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (silversnake @ Jun 6 2011, 07:28 PM) *
Ok dude I played your game. Just got back into rpg maker after being gone from it awhile trying some games for ideas and getting back in the flow of things while I continue my project. Now about you smile.gif

Story - Started out really good and interesting untill it just got silly. At the end of chapter 1 I just started spamming the enter button. The start was strong though and I liked it. Somewere along the way it became to childish for me. Grade C

Mapping - This is my biggest pet peeve. The maps are just to empty and boring. I believe if the maps were good the game would come off as a whole alot better. When I started my maps sucked to so it can definitly be fixed up. Best part of all your mapping was riding on the airship that was great right there. Grade D

Battle - Ok with the battle system I liked it and didnt like it. I like how it is fast paced. I dislike how there is no abilitys. Also I never know if my guys are leveling up theres nothing after a fight to tell me how much xp I gained. I also dislike fighint that 1 guy 4get his name now which is funny the first boss guard u meet. You fight him like 4 times!!!! Doesnt he die damn. Then in 2nd boss fight im winning then he does huge move and we lose, supposed to happen but all of a sudden I feel better and kick his ass and he doesnt do that huge move again? Even the 3rd time you fight him he doesnt do the huge move that almost won him the fight why??????? Grade C

Conclusion - I would go back to the very start of your game and start fixing up your maps. Your already halfway done with your game make it look nice now. Then finish up or work on making your storyline better. The start was very interesting even with the dull bland maps. Good luck on your game.

Thanks for the feedback.

How did it get silly? I personally thought it got more serious..

Yeah, my mapping is horrible in this game. I will improve it in my next release(which may not be for a little while)

There are abilities, they are under the "skills". I fixed the leveling issue, and I thought I had uploaded the fixed version. Either way, it will be fixed in the next release. No, Richard does not die for a while, he is a reoccurring character. And yeah, the big move is just to end the fight. Then, you are healed and you improve your defenses so he doesn't wreck you. The reason why he doesn't use the move again is because, well.. It would ruin the entire game. You can't tell me you've never seen that before.. I've seen it plenty of times, especially in final fantasy games.

This post has been edited by Xyphon: Jun 8 2011, 07:22 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 03:24 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.