iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Necroposting In project forums, Some of you are a little too report happy.
Rixis
post May 16 2011, 11:59 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: True Neutral

Im going to keep this as short and as simple as possible, so sorry if this doesn't seem very official, just know that it is.

Ok so lately I've notice a large increment on reports about Necropost in the project forums.

Now the reports I'm getting are quite ridiculous, because people simply assume that when a thread is a certain amount of days old and then
some one post in it...its automatically a necro and needs to be closed(some even go as far as saying something on the thread themselves to tell that person to not do it, which isn't really helping the situation either).

While this is generally the case for most threads, Necroposting does not quite have the same annoyance in project dev as, lets say a "General Discussion" thread depending on the situation.

So, in order to cut down on ridiculous reports from project dev, here is a list of DO's and Don'ts of when to report Necropost in project dev forums.

Do
Spoiler:

Do report Necropost that are clearly spam and not encouraging to the thread in anyway. Depending on the situation, it will be treated as spam and not a necropost.

Do report Necropost that ask certain questions specifically to the OP when the OP is clearly inactive. BE SURE TO DOUBLE CHECK THIS(if in doubt then DONT report it.)

Do report Necropost in Early project development that are past the one month stature.

Do report Necropost in project development that are past the one month stature if they DO NOT have a working demo

Don't

Spoiler:

Don't report Necropost that are merely reviewing or giving feedback or opinion on what they thought about the project.(if they happen to ask a question while giving there feedback on an inactive project then just let it go.)

Don't report Necropost in Completed games section even if the OP is clearly inactive(even if they ask questions, as someone else may be able to answer)

Don't report Necropost in Project development that are past the one month stature if they DO have a working demo

Don't report your own thread in project dev even if someone necro's it. You are obviously still active so their really is no need even if you do not regularly update.
However if you have SPECIAL reasons where you feel you MUST have it closed...then just let me or Sevith know, but please make sure it is a GOOD reason.

Thats all for now. Updates are very likely, as I'm sure many people will be confused by this new policy and report silly things. So Anyway, I will leave this thread open for a few days to answer some specific questions. Of course stay on topic and do not spam or you know how it will go....

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I am your Goddess and you worship me then put this userbar in your sig :D!
-------------You must obey! @_@------------

Other stuff you SHOULD look at :].....Obey @_@!!!!!

Spoiler:
------------My current project-----------------

--------------Projects I'm looking forward to----------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Sevith
post May 17 2011, 12:09 AM
Post #2

Retired Bear Fighter. ಠ_ಠ
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

By the way, this also gets the Sevith Seal of Approval just so y'all know it is EXTRA official. Because there is nothing more official than a Gentlemanly Corgi avatar.

--------------------
QUOTE (nagilhs @ 2 May 2010)
this guys just a power crazed jack ass.

+Quote Post

Rixis
post May 17 2011, 12:16 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: True Neutral

QUOTE (Sevith @ May 16 2011, 08:09 PM) *
By the way, this also gets the Sevith Seal of Approval just so y'all know it is EXTRA official. Because there is nothing more official than a Gentlemanly Corgi avatar.

Why does this sort of remind me of your "double closing" method?

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I am your Goddess and you worship me then put this userbar in your sig :D!
-------------You must obey! @_@------------

Other stuff you SHOULD look at :].....Obey @_@!!!!!

Spoiler:
------------My current project-----------------

--------------Projects I'm looking forward to----------

+Quote Post

Getdizzy
post May 17 2011, 12:37 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

QUOTE (Sevith @ May 16 2011, 08:09 PM) *

I'm more likely to believe hot girls with awesome wigs than Corgis, no matter how well dressed. Just thought I'd let you know.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 04:10 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.