RPG Maker VX Support / Help Rules
This forum is for those who need Support / Help with RPG Maker VX. This forum is not for resource requests or script requests, or even script support
. DO NOT
open new thread unless you have read/understand the following rules and guidelines. Failure to comply with the following guidelines can result in a warn.
randomly PM members (or staff) to ask for help, use this board
.Before opening a new thread:1)
Read the built in help file
. The built in help can solve most of the minor issues. Including message commands and graphic specs.2)
Check out the The RPG Maker VX Wiki
. The thread contains a list of links to FAQs and other resources which might help you. Most common questions can find answers here.3)
Use the search
feature on the forum. It can be found to the upper right on the forum page. In here, you can specify what you are looking for. Chances are, as this program gets older, your question has already been answered, so please use this.4)
Check the VX Answer Crown
thread to see if the answer can be found there. It was made to answer many of the basic problems newer members commonly have.5)
Use the Tutorial Forum.
Our members have written some extensive tutorials that cover many ranges of topics. There are a few stickied tutorials that can help beginners get their feet wet.6)
If you have a script question, be sure to read the instructions of the script first. They are there to guide you. If you still don't understand ask the script creator in his thread or open a thread in the RGSS2 Support Forum.If the above does not help.
Many things can be overcome by simple trial and error. Eventing can be difficult at first but testing what each event command can do will help you understand the limits RMVX can handle. Start small, then build. The program cannot be learned in a day. You will be surprised what you can do with RMVX.Opening a new thread.
If your problem(s) still persist and you fail to find a solution then open a thread. When opening a thread don't forget to:
- Be as descriptive as possible. The more info you provide, the quicker the solution will be found. Do not expect people to understand what you mean with just a few sentences.
- Tell us what you've tried to do. How have you tried to solve this issue? What are you trying to achieve?
- Include screenshots if possible, especially when seeking help about eventing/mapping. Screens of events can explain more than words can in some cases.
- Use proper English. Since this is an English speaking forum, it may be difficult to understand some slang or foreign language. So, be as clear as possible. This includes the use of proper punctuation.If your problem is solved.
- Be nice and thank the people who help you! Report the thread to be closed if your problem is solved.
- Do not edit your main post and erase the main content (in other words don't delete your main post). The thread might help other members in the future.
- Create a new thread if you have a new problem. Warning to spammers.Continuously posting new threads about already answered question/solved problems will lead to warnings!
The resources are available for your problems, so please use them. Warnings can lead to suspension and worse so use the forum properly and follow the rules that have been laid out for you.Happy VXing!Originally written by SilentBackstabber. Edited and updated by Jasonicus.