iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KGC_LargeParty, advanced party organization
Zvahl
post Aug 5 2011, 04:54 PM
Post #41

AKA, SinfulKarma
Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: True Neutral

I was having issues with the Party Menu being selectable- but before posting this, I read the first post. I just find it odd that the script itself says when "New Game" is selected, it will set both switches to "ON".. yet I purposely put in an add 2 characters to see if the party option would become active.

It didn't.

I then added a "Switch ON... 3" to the initial event in the game, and the Party option became selectable.

I'm just posting this because New Game doesn't set the switches to ON, and I have it set to TRUE- but if all I need is an event that activates the switches at the start of every game, I think I can live with that. ;b

--------------------
A game will hopefully come soon... eventually... getting there...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Simple Bag
post Aug 5 2011, 06:46 PM
Post #42

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

I have a party of Actor 1 and Actor 26, and I have an event that when touched runs the script call "add_battle_member(26,0)". The player's graphics remain Actor 1's but when I go to the pause menu, Actor 26 is in the lead position. Why do the player's graphics not update to the new lead actor's?

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Aug 5 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #43

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Unaligned

QUOTE (Zvahl @ Aug 5 2011, 09:54 AM) *
I was having issues with the Party Menu being selectable- but before posting this, I read the first post. I just find it odd that the script itself says when "New Game" is selected, it will set both switches to "ON".. yet I purposely put in an add 2 characters to see if the party option would become active.

It didn't.

I then added a "Switch ON... 3" to the initial event in the game, and the Party option became selectable.

I'm just posting this because New Game doesn't set the switches to ON, and I have it set to TRUE- but if all I need is an event that activates the switches at the start of every game, I think I can live with that. ;b

The only reason the switches aren't set in your project is likely because of another custom script you're using. If you have a custom save system script, a custom title screen script, or anything that might modify Scene_Title, it will interfere with what KGC Large Party tries to do with the switches at the start of a New Game.

QUOTE (Simple Bag @ Aug 5 2011, 11:46 AM) *
I have a party of Actor 1 and Actor 26, and I have an event that when touched runs the script call "add_battle_member(26,0)". The player's graphics remain Actor 1's but when I go to the pause menu, Actor 26 is in the lead position. Why do the player's graphics not update to the new lead actor's?

Are you testing this in a clean project?

--------------------
I no longer support Tankentai.

+Quote Post

Simple Bag
post Aug 6 2011, 01:27 AM
Post #44

Group Icon

Now it's even worse! Now I can't get the call to work at all, no change whatsoever neither on the clean project or my own. I'm using the same one from the post...

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Aug 6 2011, 01:59 AM
Post #45

Group Icon

QUOTE (Simple Bag @ Aug 5 2011, 06:27 PM) *
Now it's even worse! Now I can't get the call to work at all, no change whatsoever neither on the clean project or my own. I'm using the same one from the post...

Found out why. Looks like the map sprite isn't getting refreshed through that script call even if a new actor is put at the head of the party. Just add one more line to your original script call:

CODE
add_battle_member(26,0)
$game_player.refresh

Whenever you add a new member to the front of the party with add_battle_member, you'll want to use $game_player.refresh

Also, from what it looks like, you'll need to add the actor into the party first with the default Change Party Member event command, then use the script call.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Simple Bag
post Aug 6 2011, 02:03 AM
Post #46

Group Icon

Thanks Mr. Bubble, those instructions were easy to follow, and the problem is solved completely!

+Quote Post

brugumizzu
post Aug 6 2011, 08:01 PM
Post #47

Group Icon

Hi Mr.Bubble, i have a problem: I wanted to use the Kgc largeparty addon with the Yanfly Engine Melody, so I tried to test it but while I was changing party members in battle from 'current party' to 'standby' and confirmed....

Script 'Yem Battle Engine Melody IV' line 630: No MethodError occurred
undefined method '*' for nil:NilClass

Please help me! XD

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Aug 6 2011, 08:03 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

QUOTE (brugumizzu @ Aug 6 2011, 01:01 PM) *
Hi Mr.Bubble, i have a problem: I wanted to use the Kgc largeparty addon with the Yanfly Engine Melody, so I tried to test it but while I was changing party members in battle from 'current party' to 'standby' and confirmed....

Script 'Yem Battle Engine Melody IV' line 630: No MethodError occurred
undefined method '*' for nil:NilClass

Please help me! XD

Well, did you get the BEM patch linked in the first post? Did you even read the first post?

--------------------

+Quote Post

brugumizzu
post Aug 7 2011, 08:28 AM
Post #49

Group Icon

Yes I did but I didn't understand I had to add the largeparty script AND the patch... I added only the patch... I'm an idiot, sorry XD

I need a global variable which contains the hp's sum of all the characters during a battle (party and standby members)... how can I do? I've to insert that variable in YEM Battle Engine Melody V to fix an issue (actors in reserve DON'T replace the defeated party members even if ENABLE_DEFEAT_LAUNCH = true)... thanks Mr!!

This post has been edited by brugumizzu: Aug 7 2011, 07:55 PM

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Aug 7 2011, 07:53 PM
Post #50

Group Icon

Don't double post please. Edit your previous post instead. Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post

gamerTai
post Aug 16 2011, 03:26 AM
Post #51

Group Icon

I really wanted to avoid having to ask for help if I could, but this is starting to drive me insane. Long story short, I wanted a character that couldn't be moved. You helped somebody else out with the same problem and I tried that solution myself but it isn't working, so I obviously must be doing something wrong. I tried making a normal event for it and a common event for it, as well as a few other things. Regardless of what I try, I always get the same message, "Syntax Error occurred while running script."

Sorry about having to ask your help for this. I tried fixing this by myself, but I've going at it for more than a few days now and I just can't figure it out. I hope this isn't bugging you or anything, I really appreciate any help that I can get.

This post has been edited by gamerTai: Aug 16 2011, 03:40 AM

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Aug 16 2011, 03:31 AM
Post #52

Group Icon

gamerTai, you did not need to post the entire script again. I removed it for you. Also, the version you posted wasn't even the latest version.

Syntax error means you typed something incorrectly.

The script call to lock a party member is:

CODE
fix_actor(ActorID, true)

Where ActorID is the ID of the actor you want to lock.

What exactly did you type into the event when you used the script call? That's the most important thing you did not include.

--------------------

+Quote Post

gamerTai
post Aug 16 2011, 03:34 AM
Post #53

Group Icon

QUOTE (Mr. Bubble @ Aug 16 2011, 03:31 AM) *
What exactly did you type into the event when you used the script call? That's the most important thing you did not include.

That was way faster than I expected. Thanks for telling me there's a newer version. Anyway, what I posted was this. fix_actor(\n[1], true)

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Aug 16 2011, 03:40 AM
Post #54

Group Icon

QUOTE (gamerTai @ Aug 15 2011, 08:34 PM) *
That was way faster than I expected. Thanks for telling me there's a newer version. Anyway, what I posted was this. fix_actor(\n[1], true)

\n[1] is not an actor ID number which is why the syntax error is popping up. Not sure how you got the notion of trying to use the actor's name. Go into your Database -> Actors Tab. See how there's a number by each name? Those are the actor ID numbers.

For example, Ralph is 1, Ulrika is 2, etc.

If you want to lock Ralph, the script call would be:

CODE
fix_actor(1, true)

If you want to unlock the actor:

CODE
fix_actor(1, false)

Remember in the future, whenever "Syntax errors" pop-up, it is a user error so it's important that you fully detail what you tried to do with the script.

--------------------

+Quote Post

gamerTai
post Aug 16 2011, 03:45 AM
Post #55

Group Icon

QUOTE (Mr. Bubble @ Aug 16 2011, 03:40 AM) *
For example, Ralph is 1, Ulrika is 2, etc.

I knew the answer would be a simple one, that I was missing something really obvious. This was an incredibly huge help, I'll be sure to remember this lesson. Thanks for everything.

+Quote Post

TIC
post Aug 16 2011, 03:39 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

Well it appears that my issue has sorted itself out... I don't remember doing anything though. :huh:

This post has been edited by TIC: Aug 16 2011, 06:19 PM

+Quote Post

jax225
post Aug 18 2011, 06:57 PM
Post #57

Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Good

every time i try to enter a battle it gives me an error on line 2076 and this is the line:
@party_command_window.add_command(Vocab.partyform_battle)
help!

--------------------
I support:

+Quote Post

theTru3n00b
post Aug 25 2011, 05:20 PM
Post #58

NewbsterEventPro
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

If anyone is using the whole YEM system, and/or Woratana's Face Border, me and Nelderson from the IRC made a few modifications to the script to be compatible with it:

+Quote Post

Mr. Bubble
post Aug 25 2011, 08:57 PM
Post #59

Group Icon

theTru3n00b, I told you in IRC that if you only made small edits to a large script, you could just separate the overwritten methods into its own small patch rather than reposting the entire script again. Also, version of KGC Large Party you posted is an old version.

I've separated the edited methods from your version and organized it into its own snippet.

KGC_LargeParty + YEM Stats Patch
Spoiler:
CODE
# KGC_LargeParty + YEM Stats Patch
# Install below KGC_LargeParty

##########################
# ADDED BY NELDERSON!!!!
##########################

class Window_Base < Window

def draw_actor_extra_parameter(actor, x, y, type)
    case type
    when 0
      parameter_name = Vocab::dex
      parameter_value = actor.dex
    when 1
      parameter_name = Vocab::res
      parameter_value = actor.res
    end
    self.contents.font.color = system_color
    self.contents.draw_text(x, y, 120, WLH, parameter_name)
    self.contents.font.color = normal_color
    self.contents.draw_text(x + 84, y, 36, WLH, parameter_value, 2)
  end
end

class Window_PartyFormStatus < Window_Base
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # ● オブジェクト初期化
  def initialize
    super(0, 0, 384, 176)
    self.z = 500
    @actor = nil
    refresh
  end
  # ● リフレッシュ
  def refresh
    self.contents.clear
    if @actor == nil
      return
    end
    draw_actor_face(@actor, 0, 0)
    if $worale["FaceBorder"]
      # Draws Woratana's face border
      @border.push Window_Border.new(self.x + 16,self.y + 256,96,96)
    end
    dx = 104
    draw_actor_name(@actor, dx, 0)
    draw_actor_level(@actor, dx, WLH * 1)
    draw_actor_hp(@actor, dx, WLH * 2)
    draw_actor_mp(@actor, dx, WLH * 3)
    4.times { |i|
      draw_actor_parameter(@actor, dx + 128, WLH * i, i, 120)
    }
    draw_actor_extra_parameter(@actor, dx + 128 , WLH*4, 0)#DEX EDITED BY NELDERSON
    draw_actor_extra_parameter(@actor, dx + 128 , WLH*5, 1)#RES
  end
end

This patch will work with the latest version of Large Party.

I'll remove the link from your post because I do not want people to use old versions of Large Party. Please understand this.

--------------------

+Quote Post

theTru3n00b
post Aug 26 2011, 01:06 AM
Post #60

NewbsterEventPro
Group Icon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Oh wow. My bad. I had no idea I had the old version of the script anyway. :|. I got it from the demo, but thanks for the heads up

Mr. Bubble, the post you made does not seem to work, and yes I do now have the latest version of the script. It draws everything except the face border. I Have them ordered as

LargeParty
Patch
Faceborder

This post has been edited by theTru3n00b: Aug 26 2011, 05:09 PM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 06:47 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.