iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nintendo Wii U, The Ultimate Game Console.
Nintendo Wii U
You do not have permission to view or vote in this poll.
Kaptain J
post Jun 7 2011, 04:35 PM
Post #1

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Lawful Evil

At E3 this year, Nintendo gave us an impressive gift: the Nintendo Wii U. Not only does it give us an extra "window" to experience our games, but its graphics are top-notch. To know all the details of the new console, check out e3.nintendo.com.

Well...discuss!

--------------------

Come join Team Smash today!

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

Check out my tutorial and articles:
How to Write a Story
The Kaptain's Article Dump

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

PuppetOfFate
post Jun 7 2011, 04:41 PM
Post #2

I am hungry!
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Chaotic Good

It's a bit odd but I like that fact that it's like a handhold...stationary console. I know that doesn't make sense but it's a neat idea.

--------------------

+Quote Post

princelaharl664
post Jun 7 2011, 05:19 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: Neutral Evil

I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't a new console to compete with the ps3 and 360 3rd party hardcore games.

Now looking at the new Wii U, its a nice idea and its gonna make Sony's move and Microsoft's kinect a run for its money but like both motion control systems, do i really need a portable wii in the room? It doesn't count as another wii, it counts as another portable Tv for only your wii. Since I already own a wii, I felt that it there was no need to buy Kinect or the Ps3 move(Tenting to buy move though xD). Same goes for the Wii U, I can just play on my Tv, it's not like I can take my Wii U outside. So yeah, I think the Wii u is a great idea but it depends if its really necessary. I guess thats my opinion of the Wii u and I'm totally sure there are many will disagree.

I also want to mention about the new Psp vita and Sony's Transfer. Now you think, Nintendo's Wii u? MOST UNIQUE ACCESSORIES(or whatever it is) EVER. Well Sony has the same idea too for its portable Psp Vita. I saw Komani and there psp transfer for MGS Peace walker and I thought that was decent. Then I saw Ruins and there Transfer from psp Vita to the ps3 big screen. Now thats really a portable derives you can take out side and play it on your ps3's big screen. I guess its gonna work for some games on the psp vita but it seems just as great and unique as the Wii u.

--------------------

P.s.s.s.s" not made by me.

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Jun 7 2011, 05:21 PM
Post #4

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

It's basically a handheld console, but the console's data is streamed to the controller. It also allows for things we haven't yet seen, which involves us to...kind of see around us in-game by moving the controller. And they haven't even told us all the possibilities yet...

@prince - I don't think you paid close enough attention to the conference. It isn't just a "portable TV." Didn't you see the other things they showed? It does a LOT more than that...

--------------------

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

How to Write a Story

+Quote Post

princelaharl664
post Jun 7 2011, 05:28 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Kaptain J @ Jun 7 2011, 01:21 PM) *
It's basically a handheld console, but the console's data is streamed to the controller. It also allows for things we haven't yet seen, which involves us to...kind of see around us in-game by moving the controller. And they haven't even told us all the possibilities yet...

@prince - I don't think you paid close enough attention to the conference. It isn't just a "portable TV." Didn't you see the other things they showed? It does a LOT more than that...

I saw everything Kaptain, it does count as a controller to play some games differently but thats about, I'm sure there more things you could do with the Wii u. Hell, who knows, another Wario Ware game is around the corner. xD

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Jun 7 2011, 05:35 PM
Post #6

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

WarioWare? Most likely. Also, you just said it was just a portable TV for only the Wii...

--------------------

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

How to Write a Story

+Quote Post

princelaharl664
post Jun 7 2011, 05:57 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (Kaptain J @ Jun 7 2011, 01:35 PM) *
WarioWare? Most likely. Also, you just said it was just a portable TV for only the Wii...

I didn't say it was only a portable Tv but as well, I didn't mention it was use as another controller. I guess to me, I would only use the Wii u as portable Tv.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Jun 7 2011, 06:02 PM
Post #8

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

It doesn't count as another wii, it counts as another portable Tv for only your wii.

Anyway, being a portable console-type thing, in itself, is pretty useful, especially among families who live together. I'm interested in seeing what all it'll be able to do.

Also, I noticed an HD Zelda game during the preview of it, yet nobody talked about it...

--------------------

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

How to Write a Story

+Quote Post

Elaynii
post Jun 8 2011, 08:10 AM
Post #9

Project Azelon
Group Icon

Oh.. the graphics are orgasmic. <3

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/07/e3-20...u-zelda-hd-demo

--------------------

" I'll show you beauty; just sit back and watch a real goddess, forehead!"

My Project

+Quote Post

Shiro
post Jun 8 2011, 08:58 AM
Post #10

Spriter
Group Icon

Type: Spriter
Alignment: Unaligned

*face palms* its clear you guys have no idea about the Wii U, heres some articles so you guys can get up to speed.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/07/ninte...-or-controller/

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/07/ninte...details-inside/

EDIT: also that zelda game is just a quick cutscene demo for people to fool around with, theres no news of an actual zelda game for the U right now.

EDIT 2: ok J, you were close.

This post has been edited by Shiro: Jun 8 2011, 09:11 AM

--------------------

---------------------------

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Jun 8 2011, 08:36 PM
Post #11

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

I was close? Close about what?

--------------------

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

How to Write a Story

+Quote Post

Spud
post Jun 10 2011, 01:46 AM
Post #12

<3 <3 Skryrim <3<3
Group Icon

It STILL feels like a gimmick for me.

To me it looks like it would be great to play around with but after a I'd get bored.

I hope the games are better. Felt like 90% of the Wii games we just made to so companies could make a quick buck.

+Quote Post

NAT_Designer
post Jun 10 2011, 02:40 AM
Post #13

Do not expect me to be nice.
Group Icon

Alignment: True Neutral

QUOTE (Spud @ Jun 9 2011, 08:46 PM) *
It STILL feels like a gimmick for me.

To me it looks like it would be great to play around with but after a I'd get bored.

I hope the games are better. Felt like 90% of the Wii games we just made to so companies could make a quick buck.

Based on the specs, any games that are on both xbox and ps3 made by 3rd parties would likely be released on the U as well. It is more than capable of contending against it's competition in just about everything except blu ray. That's still rather undebatable.

--------------------
Never think of yourself as entitled to know how the world works. Your job is to live in it, and follow it's rules. Nothing more.

+Quote Post

BigEd781
post Jun 10 2011, 02:43 AM
Post #14

No method: 'stupid_title' found for 'nil:NilClass`
Group Icon

Type: Coder

I'm old, I just want a controller with buttons and a good set of games. I don't like the gimmicky stuff.

--------------------
My blog - It's awesome, I assure you
While sloppy writing does not invariably mean sloppy thinking, we've generally found the correlation to be strong -- and we have no use for sloppy thinkers. If you can't yet write competently, learn to. - Eric Raymond

---
My awards for being so awesome
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Spud
post Jun 10 2011, 03:28 AM
Post #15

<3 <3 Skryrim <3<3
Group Icon

QUOTE (NAT_Designer @ Jun 9 2011, 08:40 PM) *
Based on the specs, any games that are on both xbox and ps3 made by 3rd parties would likely be released on the U as well. It is more than capable of contending against it's competition in just about everything except blu ray. That's still rather undebatable.

Compete graphics wise yes, its hardware is comparable to the Xbox, but gameplay wise maybe. Look at the Wii most of the 3rd games are crap either their buggy unplayable piles or just a collection of mini-games, sure there are some good 3rd games like Red Steel 2, No More Heroes 2, Madworld, and some others. Nintendo just doesn't have very good 3rd party support.

I agree with BigEd I just want a regular controller with no gimmicks or at least make the thing optional like the Move and Kinect.

+Quote Post

arajuna
post Jun 10 2011, 04:21 AM
Post #16

Café Alpha is REAL! ...It has to be!
Group Icon

im rather indifferent about it really. The specs are nice, but there is no way that in 3 years its going to stand up to the next gen of consoles.

also i read you can only have 1 of the new controllers conected at a time.

--------------------
lolwut?

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Jun 10 2011, 04:21 AM
Post #17

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

You DO know it's compatible with Wii controllers (including classic controllers), right? Most likely, not all games will require the controller. Companies will probably just make it a better experience if you do. You guys should really just wait for the damn thing to come out before passing judgement. I find it funny that you're saying it "feels" like a gimmick, when you have yet to play around with it...

Also, I think Nintendo had this system planned for a while. The way I see it, they thought it up when they gave the Gamecube the ability to connect with the Gameboy Advance. After that, they came out with the Wii to transform non-gamers into gamers (aka "casual" gamers). Now they have a console that's sure to attract "hardcore" gamers. Hardcore gamers + casual gamers = everyone. It's a brilliant market move, if you ask me.

Edit:

@arajuna - You know the Wii U kicked of the new generation, right? Also, where did you hear that? I'm pretty sure that's not true. Nintendo aren't idiots...

--------------------

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

How to Write a Story

+Quote Post

arajuna
post Jun 10 2011, 04:33 AM
Post #18

Café Alpha is REAL! ...It has to be!
Group Icon

but how can it be new generation, when its so this generation? the specs just wont be up to snuff, it'll be the Wii all over again when games on all 3 will be 'stylised' for the U
and i read somewhere ill have to look for it...

EDIT: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/06/09/one...irmed-on-wii-u/ this says it basically

EDIT 2: seems that its up in the air if it will support 2 or more, nintendo hasnt said anything, but it seems to be unlikely

This post has been edited by arajuna: Jun 10 2011, 04:53 AM

--------------------
lolwut?

+Quote Post

Kaptain J
post Jun 10 2011, 05:07 AM
Post #19

Death says "Hi"
Group Icon

@arajuna - Dude, it's been, like, 6 years since the start of last generation. Typically, when a company releases a new console after that amount of time, it counts as a new generation. Exactly how much better could the competition make their graphics at this point in time? If they manage to up the resolution past 1080p, I will be amazed. Besides, the Wii wasn't even a failure. Far from it, in fact.

Hm... I guess that must be true, if Miyamoto said it. However, it seems like a pretty bad move to do that. With that said, I will just hope that they fix that limitation before release...

--------------------

Other stuffz:
Spoiler:

RPGMakerVX.net Awards:
Spoiler:

How to Write a Story

+Quote Post

Spud
post Jun 10 2011, 05:11 AM
Post #20

<3 <3 Skryrim <3<3
Group Icon

Everyone being a gamer isn't exactly a good thing. Yes Nintendo made a brilliant marketing strategy but failed to cater to the hardcore crowd. Most hardcore gamers will see this as a gimmick like motion controls or 3D. They are all great things to play around with but inevitably fall short of being anything but toys, in my opinion anyway.

Also is it just me or is this thing starting to sound like more of an accessory than a new console?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 12:52 PM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.