iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

The 2nd Quarter Contest has arrived! Go check it out in the Community Announcements now!

> Note for Early Project Feedback Threads

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tawantinsuyu The Four Regions - Updated: 1/1, As an Inca prince discover your empire and it's secrets
Aya_Vectra
post Jun 12 2011, 07:22 PM
Post #1

star ocean otaku
Group Icon

Type: Writer
Alignment: Unaligned

Tawantinsuyu: The Four Regions
*Logo by Croixiane

STARTED: 6/12/11
LAST UPDATE: 1/1/12

Story Synopsis:
"My name is [you insert name], prince of the Incan Empire. Recently, the gods have told us of a comet that will rain down upon us. Since then, most of the empire has suffered droughts and famine...
Even the animals have become violent, like monsters from the underworld.
However, the Sapa-Inca, my father, has developed a plan with help from the gods... to build a ship of gold that will take us to new territory.
I train everyday for my future as the prince of the Inca, as dictated by our customs and strict rules. In my homeland, it is what my best friend, Gray, describes as "peaceful" compared to where he came from. There is no violence, crime, or disorder here, depsite our misfortune. The threat of death is punishment enough for us. However, it is also an honor.
I began to realize the depth of death the day I began my pilgrimage across Tawantin-suyu, what we call the Four Regions of our empire. The day I would meet her. Llullaillaco was to be sacrificed to Inti, our greatest god... in hope we could prevent the calamity and the use of the Gold Ship..."

About Development:
Spoiler:

I started this project only recently after being inspired to do a smaller, more managable game. My main influence was Illusion of Gaia which has a section of the game where you explore Incan ruins. I've always been fascinated by the Inca and their short lived civilization. Here is the result. smile.gif

Features and the World:
+ 5 chapters long!
+ Explore four unique regions! Each with a different race, culture, terrain, and trade! (Includes a village in the sky, one in the ground, and one underwater. There are some normal villages, ect. also and it's not just going from one elemental place to another)
+ Special abilities unlocked along the way help you reach new areas. (Still working on this. What I have done so far is you can climb vines to reach or escape certain areas and you can leap from certain ledges.)
+ Money is no longer an issue with a unique bartering system, which evolves as you progress.
+ 3 recruitable characters whom you can rename, each with a specific color and pitch, giving them more life. Along the way you will learn about their personalities and backgrounds in-depth. Each has a special job and abilities in battle that will be crucial to taking down enemies.
+ On-screen enemies range from wild animals, other tribesmen, the Spanish Conquistadors, Incan gods, and extraterrestrial life. They must be sought ought to reap rewards.
+ Exploration and battle is encouraged as it yields extra items and EXP.
+ Collect all 100 Gold Ship parts and see an alternate ending
+ Somewhat educational-- learn about the customs of the Inca and the various tribes they conquered (or failed to).
+ Bonus dungeon and bonus boss planned, probably for the alternate ending.

Characters
Spoiler:

_______, Prince of the Inca
He's very reluctant to be a Prince and is often questioning everything. When he isn't causing trouble, he can be found training or studying. Although he may appear immature at times, when he is passionate or curious his will is undefiable. In battle, he attacks from the front row with a truncheon. He excels in attacking.

Llullaillaco, the Sacrificial Girl
This young girl with a flower in her hair is strong in battle and just as loyal to the people, perhaps even moreso than the Prince, willing to sacrifice her own life. The Prince accompanies on her pilgrimage around Tawantinsuyu, where she will eventually end her life. In battle, she is on the offensive from the back row with her slingshot. She excels in healing.

Grey, the Best Friend
Taken in when he was a baby by a close friend of the royal family. He is very playful like the Prince, but has wisdom beyond his years. His reasons in the beginning seem to be as an aid to the future Sapa-Inca, but may be more indepth... He carries an axe in battle and attacks from the middle row. He excels in some mystic ability.

Screenshots
Spoiler:

The Pretty Noise District of Cosqo

A jungle road

Interactive environment where you learn about your world and it's culture

[img][/img]
Enemies on screen which run from you. You have to seek them out to gain EXP. Or, you can look for items to gain EXP.

An NPC (eventually skin tones will match by region)

Barter for food, healing, weapons, ect.

Exploring is another way to level up~

+ Sorry for the lack of battle screens. Coming soon!

Support Banner

Recruitment
+ Spriter - I have pre-made sprites that just need the skin recolored. Palate is also made. Recruited Dark Rosa

+ Painter - I have art for the characters that would need to be colored in photoshop. This only involves the main 3 characters and enemy sprites.

+ Music - I badly need someone to compose music for the game! Would have to be able to mimic exotic sounds (IE: flutes) to get the right feel.

+ I don't have much to offer in return, but I'm a decently skilled artist and writer. I can do conceptual art (sketches, no coloring) and help brainstorm. I specialize in writing dialogue.

I look forward to any feedback. If anyone would like to contribute, feel free to contact me. I plan for this to be a small project and one I am determined to complete.

This post has been edited by Aya_Vectra: Jan 1 2012, 08:03 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Aya_Vectra
post Jun 23 2011, 09:43 PM
Post #2

star ocean otaku
Group Icon

Bump.

Any interest?

Just a note, I'll probably be adding parallax mapping. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Aya_Vectra: Jun 23 2011, 09:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Dark Rosa
post Jun 24 2011, 09:02 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed
Alignment: Neutral Good

QUOTE (Aya_Vectra @ Jun 23 2011, 01:43 PM) *
Bump.

Any interest?

Just a note, I'll probably be adding parallax mapping. wink.gif

Even though i dont like posting.....i'll be the first person posting here! I think it sounds interesting, and i really like the weird name! I know its not much from me, but oh well! lol biggrin.gif
You're maps are amazing! I just wanted to add that. I'm not much of a critique though. lol
And Illusion of Gaia is a amazing game! I had to say that.

This post has been edited by Dark Rosa: Jun 24 2011, 09:14 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:

Tutorials:
Spoiler:

Resources:
Spoiler:

Websites:
Spoiler:

+Quote Post

Croixiane
post Jun 25 2011, 01:16 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Neutral Good

Hi, I just notice this...
It's look good and I like the features as well and if you added parallax mapping, I'm sure the maps will become more lovely.
And I notice you still not had a logo for yourself, maybe if you are interested I can do one.
But I'm still a beginner so don't expect it to be grand or else. smile.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:
I support :

+Quote Post

Aya_Vectra
post Dec 31 2011, 03:55 PM
Post #5

star ocean otaku
Group Icon

I know I haven't updated in a bit, but this project isn't dead. smile.gif I am working on completing the first dungeon, so expect a demo soon.

Croixiane: I'd love to try parallax, but I can't find a good grid that makes my maps match up with the Maker... sad.gif I think I will stick with what I have for now and perhaps go back and make better maps once the game is complete, since that is my main goal.

If anyone is interested in my project, please comment ^^ The encouragement helps~

--------------------

+Quote Post

yswellin
post Jan 19 2012, 05:14 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

QUOTE (Aya_Vectra @ Dec 31 2011, 03:55 PM) *
I know I haven't updated in a bit, but this project isn't dead. smile.gif I am working on completing the first dungeon, so expect a demo soon.

Croixiane: I'd love to try parallax, but I can't find a good grid that makes my maps match up with the Maker... sad.gif I think I will stick with what I have for now and perhaps go back and make better maps once the game is complete, since that is my main goal.

If anyone is interested in my project, please comment ^^ The encouragement helps~

Try taking a blank map and making the grid show over it. The, take a screenshot (print screen) of it at 1:1 ratio. Then you can paste the screenshot of the grid into your graphic arts program. Alternately, you can start drawing in RPGMaker, then overlay the grid by clicking on events, and continue with the screenshot process. If you have a program capable of layers (photoshop etc) then you can create a new layer for the screenshot and the grid and use that as a guide.

Hope it helps!

--------------------

I support

+Quote Post

Aya_Vectra
post Jan 23 2012, 03:24 PM
Post #7

star ocean otaku
Group Icon

QUOTE (yswellin @ Jan 18 2012, 11:14 PM) *
Try taking a blank map and making the grid show over it. The, take a screenshot (print screen) of it at 1:1 ratio. Then you can paste the screenshot of the grid into your graphic arts program. Alternately, you can start drawing in RPGMaker, then overlay the grid by clicking on events, and continue with the screenshot process. If you have a program capable of layers (photoshop etc) then you can create a new layer for the screenshot and the grid and use that as a guide.

Hope it helps!

I don't know why that didn't occur to me before. I'll give it a shot! Thank you

--------------------

+Quote Post

babyangelgirl2
post Jan 23 2012, 08:35 PM
Post #8

It takes SKILL to be able to trip when you have wings.
Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Evil

That actually completely unnecessary. Most graphics programs have grids built in. In Photoshop, for example, it can be turned on with the shortcut [command/ctrl+'] and the size can be configured under preferences. Just a tip.

--------------------
Good stuff, man. Good stuff.

+Quote Post

khachuchrian
post Jan 29 2012, 04:50 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Type: Musician

so is this thing still happening?

+Quote Post

Aya_Vectra
post Jan 30 2012, 12:36 AM
Post #10

star ocean otaku
Group Icon

QUOTE (khachuchrian @ Jan 28 2012, 10:50 PM) *
so is this thing still happening?

This game is still in development, but I'm the only person working on multiple games, so... it takes a lot of time. I update as often as I can. I want to take another stab at parallax mapping for this one as it would help immensely.

I don't have Photoshop, but I will try the copy/paste the in-game grid and see if that works. (I use Paint.Net and I've already tried their grid plugin...)

Thank you all for the interest. It's tough being a one woman team... >.>; If anyone is interested in mapping and doing minor sprite recolors, that would be awesome. Or even someone to throw ideas around with, too.

--------------------

+Quote Post

khachuchrian
post Jan 31 2012, 03:29 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Type: Musician

i would like to help with music and maybe some ideas hehe

This post has been edited by khachuchrian: Jan 31 2012, 03:30 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 11:59 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.