iPhone App Directory
RPG Maker VX

Gallery Members Search Calendar Help

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Collapse

>Announcement

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 3rd Quarter Contest!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ISS - Parallax Essentials, 2 Scripts + 3 Bonus Scripts .x.
Rating 5 V
IceDragon
post Jun 16 2011, 04:36 AM
Post #1

I demand cookies.
Group Icon

Type: Coder
Alignment: Neutral Good

ISS - Parallax Essentials

Introduction

>_> You know I'm getting tired of this. (Points at Introduction)

I'm at it again.

Anyway while in the IRC (I have nothing else worth while doing...)
Touch dropped this here screenshot

After approximately 24 minutes, of seeing that, something ticked in my head.
>_< I should make a script. (yup thats exactly how it was)
So anyway I decided to make me a scwipt for this fancy, shmancy, gizmozoid, thing ma jig.

Just to get to the point, the scripts included in the demo do 2 things
1. 1 Rewrites and changes passability as well as REMOVING the tilemap (so you cannot use the original maps with the new passability unless you pull some hack x3)

2. How do I explain this one... well simply put, its a quick and lazy way to get your parrallax files from PS to your game without murdering some events XD

Script Demo

Version 1.0
ISS - Parallax Essentials

Scripts Included
-Fixes-
IEO001 - BugFix|Upgrade

-Main-
ISS - ParaPassa
ISS - ParaLayers

-Bonus-
ISS000 - Core
ISS003 - Position Register

Screenshots

OMG Green Circles @___@
Yes you have to set every single tiles passage.... MANUALLY >_>
No its not as hard as it looks after about 30 minutes you'll get the hang of it.

Final Notes

>_> I'm aware that the scripts don't have much documentation, I can't help it, I'd use a bit too many words to explain which would probably still lead to me just making a demo.
>_> Yes you can move over the tree in the boat, I am tooooo lazy to seperate the tree top from the floor layer.

Report any bugs, and post here for support.

--------------------
Spoiler:

To be Hexa-fied

Spoiler:
Other/Reminders--
Support your cookie loving dragon!

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showuser=52960"][img]http://i56.tinypic.com/2d1pfmw.png[/img][/url]

http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showto...amp;#entry48215 HA AUTOTILES
Pine's Birthday is the 2th of July

WORK ON YOUR TIME MEMORY @___@
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Nelderson
post Jun 16 2011, 05:23 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Type: Designer
Alignment: Lawful Good

Your first bug........

No method error for trigger.....specifically for the Vehicle.......

CODE
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Determine if Touch Event is Triggered
  #     x : x-coordinate
  #     y : y-coordinate
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def check_event_trigger_touch(x, y)
    return false if $game_map.interpreter.running?
    result = false
    for event in $game_map.events_xy(x, y)
      if [1,2].include?(event.trigger) and event.priority_type == 1 #HERE
        event.start
        result = true
      end
    end
    return result
  end

I won't use it.....but it's really cool Ice!

This post has been edited by Nelderson: Jun 16 2011, 05:24 AM

--------------------
STOP BEING A JAPFAG CRIMSON!!!

Meh.....F$#@ you Mike <=== Still applies....<_<

+Quote Post

IceDragon
post Jun 16 2011, 02:19 PM
Post #3

I demand cookies.
Group Icon

;x; Darn it, I kept forgetting to fix that.
>_> I didn't really test the bonus scripts after throwing them in...

Oh well check the demo link again :3 Updated.

--------------------
Spoiler:

To be Hexa-fied

Spoiler:
Other/Reminders--

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showuser=52960"][img]http://i56.tinypic.com/2d1pfmw.png[/img][/url]

+Quote Post

Deebs
post Jun 16 2011, 03:15 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Type: Artist
Alignment: True Neutral

I love the idea of this script but it lacks something that I'm pretty dependent on- the top layer doesn't tint with the rest of the map.

I also need to do a test to see if it's compatible with some other parallax manipulating scripts I have...

EDIT:
Editing out everything I said here because it's totally completely wrong and I'm an idiot: THESE SCRIPTS -ARE- COMPATIBLE WITH ANIMATED PARALLAX AND CHANGE PARALLAX COMMAND. I FAILED IN MY TESTING.

... Still not compatible with Piejama's Swimming event script but... that's not important compared to the other two scripts.

+Quote Post

Celianna
post Jun 16 2011, 04:29 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Aww, it doesn't work with MA's animated parallax?

*shuffles away sadly*

I second the tinting of the second layer. Being able to have more layers is also a huge plus, and being able to set which ones get tinted along with the map and which ones won't.

Looks great otherwise, it could completely replace KGC's Tileset Extension for the directional passages.

+Quote Post

Deebs
post Jun 16 2011, 04:48 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Actually, just tested it again- It DOES work with Animated Parallax. I just had to set the parallax on the map properties to the animated version. Which you'd think would be a no duh thing but when I first checked on the demo there was nothing selected for a parallax background, so I was baffled.

Sorry for the false alarm.

... Although now I'm going to see if the top layer animates as well...*
... and as of so far it still doesn't seem to work with the change parallax command. But maybe that's a case of me being an idiot as well, so I'll keep you updated.**

EDIT: *It doesn't, but that would of been really cool if it did.
** It does work with the change parallax command. Holy damn am I disappointed with myself now. I am a huge pile of fail. I'm sorry IceDragon.
... though actually I just now noticed that the top image doesn't change if you change the bottom parallax... so I guess that's something to fix...

+Quote Post

IceDragon
post Jun 16 2011, 07:21 PM
Post #7

I demand cookies.
Group Icon

Updated

Added multi layer support, animated layers, blending layers etc..etc...

Also the demo gained an extra 2..3 mbs

--------------------
Spoiler:

To be Hexa-fied

Spoiler:
Other/Reminders--

CODE

+Quote Post

Deebs
post Jun 16 2011, 07:44 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Fantastic. I'm really pleased that the layers all tint now.

I already feel bad for asking this since you've already done so much but... can I still request that a change parallax command be included? Preferably for all layers? It'd be extremely helpful in situations in which the map changes (seasons, for instance).

I'd also like to ask for a compatible swimming event (as in events that move only in water like ships)... but I figure that's probably pushing it.

Thank you for your hard work, it's truely awesome and I'm going to be switching over from my current set up parallax scripts to this one.

EDIT: I got a parallax changing thing going on using layers. Each season has a different set of layers and I have them switching on and off for each season. It's not the most graceful solution but it works, so no worries about the parallax change command.

+Quote Post

Gravity
post Jun 16 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #9

Gravity
Group Icon

I LOVE YOU

--------------------
My Game

+Quote Post

EZaxess
post Jun 17 2011, 04:42 PM
Post #10

Home is in your head.
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

This is looking really good Icy. /HI5!

I'm a bit far into development, I'm not sure I can insert this in my project without trouble at this point, but it's definitely a must. d=(*o*)=b

--------------------
My game (currently in development);

Support bar below;
Spoiler:

CODE
[url="http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=49347"][img]http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/7757/isupportsilentium.png[/img][/url]

Check these rockin' games out;
Spoiler:

Cool stuff;
Spoiler:
<- Charsets and Windowskins ftw.
<- Outdated topic.
<- Scripts ftw.
<- Particles ftw.
<- You WANT to check this out, ftw.

+Quote Post

Atiebatie99
post Jun 17 2011, 05:37 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Very nice script man!
I only changed something. If you don't set any tile from the e-tile in your demo, it will be passable:
I just added this lines after the when 799 part:
CODE
    else
      return true

I think it's a little bit convenient so you don't have to mark every position with a mark.

+Quote Post

Deebs
post Jul 1 2011, 02:37 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Hate to bump but I'm just wondering if there are any plans for when the layer tint true/false option will be implemented? I'm loving these scripts and they're amazing, but when I saw the option to turn tint on/off for various layers I was pretty excited.

Just wondering if there's plans to update the script with that sometime soon, no pressure.

+Quote Post

Kaiserik
post Jul 16 2011, 09:07 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Type: Undisclosed

I know what I'm asking is quite annoying because the GTBS is complicated but is it possible to make the parralax mapping and the GTBS compatible or is it just a dream? :/

+Quote Post

Oopsifarted
post Jul 16 2011, 10:33 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Type: Writer

This script could become the new SwapXT... this is awesome... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Radiant Cadenza
post Aug 6 2011, 06:53 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

This might be just the thing I've been looking for.
There's one little problem though, and that's that the one-way movement pass-abilities aren't working for me. The ones with 3 red arrows and 1 green arrow.

If I understand it properly, you should be able to enter them from any direction, but only leave from one direction. But they act like the squares you can't enter from any direction.

I wanted to use it to make a one-way gate. Even so, this is very useful even without it. Good job.

+Quote Post

Celianna
post Aug 7 2011, 09:12 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

QUOTE (Radiant Cadenza @ Aug 6 2011, 09:53 PM) *
If I understand it properly, you should be able to enter them from any direction, but only leave from one direction. But they act like the squares you can't enter from any direction.

I think you're misunderstanding the way the arrows work. When it's green, you can enter and leave from the same direction. Where it's red, you can't enter or leave from that direction.

+Quote Post

Radiant Cadenza
post Aug 8 2011, 06:45 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (Celianna @ Aug 7 2011, 10:12 PM) *
I think you're misunderstanding the way the arrows work. When it's green, you can enter and leave from the same direction. Where it's red, you can't enter or leave from that direction.

Well, that makes sense, but that's how the ones with 2 red and 2 green arrows seem to be working for me. If I add them to the demo map, the character can step unto them from any of the 4 sides, but only exit the square from the directions the green arrows are facing in.

Even so, I the character doesn't seem to be able to enter from the green side of 3 red arrow tiles either. They're the same as the red Xs for me.
I should note that I've only tried out the demo itself, I haven't added anything else to it.

But maybe the script isn't working right on my PC, or I'm missing something. I AM working on my first RPG maker project, so maybe I should stick with the default passability types.

I'm trying to figure out what Parallax mapping method to use, this, SamGreens, or your "Advanced Parallaxing" tutorial. This thread probably isn't the place to get into that though.

EDIT:
Okay, it took me a little while to figure out how to work this, but now that I have, I like it. You know, if the code had some clearer instructions on usage, it would actually be pretty newbie friendly.
I like how I don't have to have parallel process events for overlays, and I can actually see the pass-ability settings in the editor but not in the game. I got so confused when i tried using invisible RTP tiles.

Also, the modified pas-ability seems to work just fine with KGCs minimap. According to the minimap, the tiles with one-way pasability (1 green, 3 red arrows) show up as unpassable tiles. While the ones with 2-way pass ability show as passable, so at this point I'm pretty sure I'm having a bug with the one-way tiles.

But since everything works off the paralax filename, it seems like you can't use the same parallax on more than one map. And if I want to do so, I'll need to have two copies of the same paralax, with different file-names, right?

This post has been edited by Radiant Cadenza: Aug 11 2011, 12:50 AM

+Quote Post

jesse120
post Jan 20 2012, 12:58 AM
Post #18

Master Eventer, Novice scripter, pathetic spriter
Group Icon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

can you make your script so tiles marked with O then go through this script to be checked in arays for each passibility. Then I can map normaly, still have this passibility system, and have the water let ships through but not boats.

--------------------
I might not post anything for a while, but I am still here, watching. You may not see me, but I see you.
Still taking event requests. Still watching topics. I will see comments to my posts and respond.
I will probably not update any of my scripts for a while.

I have not gone!!!

Spoiler:

Master eventer
Need an unusual event call me and i might be able to make it
ex vehicle, pet
search number
I do take event requests
search number 10519195120
Please don't put this number on any of your own posts or topics
note: the search number will be on any post I make to aid in searching by author. If I forget to put it on a topic please notify me.

I will try to check any posts/PMs around 7:30 AM, 3:00 PM, and after 6 PM most days (time in Pacific Time)

The ultimate video game

Legend of, Elder, Fear, of Fabled, Fallout, Call, of Modern, Gears, of Halo, Metal, Ghost, Assassin, Mass, Homicide, Fantasy, 5
That stands for
Legend of Zelda, Elder Scrolls, ?????, Fable, Fallout, Call of Duty, Modern Warfare, Gears of War, Halo, Metal Gears, Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Auto Homicide, Final Fantasy, 5
Let me know if you want a game added to the list

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, believe he is the only way to heaven, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

+Quote Post

AERenoir
post Feb 9 2012, 09:53 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

I need help. I set the tile to be passable from the bottom, but it still won't let me pass.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 05:47 AM

RPGMakerVX.net is an Privacy Policy, Legal.